SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Your biggest mistakes

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
ernieh1969
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry if this has been posted before. I searched but didn't see anything.

Just wondering if you would share one or a few of the biggest mistakes you've made during a bait, what you learned from it, and how it effected the bait.

For me it's always patience. I have a nice plot worked out and struggle to let time pass instead of buying time and building trust. I've learned to semi-script my replies and set approx times to initiate the next step. I lost quite a few of my first lads due to pushing to fast and far.

BAIT SAFE -BAIT OFTEN
Closed lad accounts
Safari(Group Effort)O. Ch1dinma: Lagos to Cotonou: "Ihave to start beging for money to go back home now."

"your rules are enormous ...[I] might be too inconsequential to fill the big hole that you just created." ESTH3R J4CQU3LYN DOE (MRS.)
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I get bored and quit answering the lad, he try's to re-scam me, but if they're just no fun their no fun.

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

-Asking for a trophy picture on my first email
-Forgetting which email account I'm on and signing off in the wrong name although it is easy enough to recover from if they even notice it.
-Wasting more of my time filling in or creating forms or photo shopping things (they never open them anyway or you can find pretty much anything you need on the net)
-Sending them material which they can recycle and use on real victims
-Replying with anything longer then a paragraph.
-Not asking my mentor enough questions
-Forgetting to keep trace of international time zones which helps in prolonging the bait http://www.worldtimeserver.com/
-Not understanding the scam before getting involved.
-being a trophy whore
-Thinking I must reply straight away
-Forgetting that I have a real life and it is good to turn a computer off

[/list]

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 2:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Like the lads, some of my baits run on scripts. Well, I end up sending the wrong scripts to the wrong lads. Lads were not very happy. Laughing

James Bruce: "Thanks for your mail and also your insult to my personality and company."

Baiting Record:
Trophies - 128 | 4 AM Airport Taxi - 6
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Safari - Sierra Leone to Nigeria - "...please help me ,you brought me here to NIgeria.take me out."
Mortar x14
thefife
Baiting Guru

Location: Soaked in Holy Ghost Fiyah...it tastes like chicken

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm Miss Perfect therefore I make no baiting mistakes. Laughing

Except one time, due to jet lag from a transatlantic flight (yes, that's right, it's the plane's fault) I meant to forward an email from the incomparable Pastor Ramesh to my mentor, but hit reply by accident. It was full of all kinds of stuff the mugu should not have read too. The mugu had mailed me 3 thick envelopes of stuff, which he was explicitly told not to do. Of course, they were all returned to him saying the address didn't exist (go figure) so he was confused, naturally. So after seriously freaking out, not able to reach my mentor & not getting any other help from anyone Crying or Very sad I had the Archbishop & the church's security team write emails to undisclosed recipients (mugu & some of my other characters who were interested in the situation Laughing ) about how we were hacked, by TWAT I believe, and all emails were to be disregarded and forwarded to the church for further investigation. If I remember correctly, I even sent him a little newspaper clipping of the unfortunate incident. Laughing Laughing I also gave him a call, which he was most appreciative of. He assured me he was still utterly devoted to me & the church & we all lived happily ever after. Sure, he is still awaiting the arrival of his bicycle (& rickshaw attachment which will be a total surprise for him), but let's not split hairs.

The end.

Barr. Johnny Gawa: Hello Baby.
Let hope to make it more real for good. (+2 pics of him rockin his delicate underthings)

Pastor Ramesh:Dear Mother Guch33y B4ggs in christ,
...So we want repair our tached prayer house. If you would like to help us 500 dollars it will be great help...Now I am some pictures for your kind notice. I am waiting for your reply.
Thanking you. Yours in His service (+ Banner!)

Pastor Ramesh: I dont want any luxary life ...Presently I need bicycle. It cost nearly $100 dollars. If you give this it is great need for me.

Mortar 10+ Twisted Evil
CowboyBuck
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I got two lads' barristers mixed up, actually worked out pretty well.

United States United Nations
Ireland United Kingdom Switzerland Germany Netherlands France Italy Spain Ukraine
South Africa Nigeria Ghana Australia Japan China Malaysia
Argentina Columbia Panama
Right now I am getting pissed with your responses
And still you later claimed there are snakes on the road to the Western Union
Please for the sake of humanity help Mr. Felix and I to get this money
Bobtheelephant
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Us noobs really appreciate threads like this. Thanks for sharing your embarrassments all.

I'm having patience issues myself right now.
Master
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 4:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am no expert but here is a little of my opinion
I am getting better but you begin to learn what to say to get their attn and what not to say.
I am really starting to see why you need a good plan(and experience) to stick to, so you can shepheard your lad into the required pen.
I tend to go a little stupid with them sometimes. but u lose lads that way if they are only hooked in the lip.
It just takes time to get some knowledge on how they work

Safari it was all a big fuck of disappointed
you are the fooliest baboom!
Closed lad accountsMortarSand TimerSand TimerSand TimerTattooVcamera
You are dead MUMU!!!!
Dott. Giascopato
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
-Forgetting which email account I'm on and signing off in the wrong name although it is easy enough to recover from if they even notice it.

Me too.

Some from: South Africa Netherlands United Kingdom Nigeria Switzerland United States Ivory Coast Indonesia Spain Germany Luxembourg Cayman Islands Bahamas, The Ghana Senegal Malaysia Togo Iraq Flag Mauritius Flag Mortar x7

Failure to complies with this order require a severe act by the mets and
purnishment by law. (The Metropolitan Police)

fork off.. ([email protected])
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think atallman's excellent list pretty much covers the most common mistakes. In a nutshell, don't try to run before you can walk. I would add don't assume it's easy just because the experts make it appear that way. A lot of baiting involves just chipping away at your lad and if you are lucky you will strike gold.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 6:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Coming off holiday and forgetting which lad is linked with which barrister/bank. Write out a 100 times I must make a list before I go.

When I don't bait as an American and foget to delete my K7 number from my signature line.

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x177 - 2017 Closed lad accounts x81 - 2018
Closed lad accounts x85 - 2019 Closed lad accounts x9 -2020
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1,262) Golden Pig
FrumpyBB
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Forgetting to mask or initialize crazy characters´ names (once only is enough for google to find it) Evil or Very Mad Vide here and here and here

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013

Last edited by FrumpyBB on Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Confused ... Baiters don't make mistakes. It's always the lad's fault.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Jerome
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 8:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Got lazy, waited too much to answer and the lad had lost interest in me and did not want to continue. Though he had already begun to send me cool trophies...

Flag Monaco Benin Benin Benin Ivory Coast Ivory Coast Ivory Coast France France France Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Closed lad accounts Mortar Mortar
Esq
Poster Boi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i have my initial asem as my signature in gmail.

i had a good bait going and accidently hit reply, sending the asem to a lad that i had going for ages.

i was worried, but it was all good, he didnt even notice it.

Sand Timer = I knew that MHC6 is one of the wonders in the World,and all of us have to exprience it,and understand it - Okunlola O. Thomas FMHC6

I WAS AT THE NOVOTEL ORISHA HOTEL TILL 11 PM THAT DAY AND I WAS TOLD BY THE HOTEL STAFFS THAT I CAN NOT SPEND A NIGHT THERE AND I HAVE TO LEAVE AND WHENT TO THE NIGERIA EMBASSY THERE IN COTONOU TO STAY TILL THE FOLLOWING DAY AND I CALLED YOU THE FOLLOWING DAY AND YOU ASKED ME TO RETURN BACK TO NIGERIA WHICH I DID AND THAT HAS BEING MY WOST DAYS IN LIFE AS WAS EXPOSED TO A FULL TIME DIFFICITIES. - Augus5tine J4m35
Scambo
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A while back I accidentally sent a picture of a man having sex with a goat to my favourite pet. Fortunately I realised soon after this and emailed him from a new account to say that the previous account had been hacked. I still have him hooked now 5 months later.

in the name of the gods of our mother land Africa l curse you son of slave
hi thank you for the insults you rained on me and my family

Closed lad accounts x7
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was with FrumpyBB there and we learned a lot from that bait. Wink

irish was helping me with that bait, I did the cc thingy and scammer knew that I was forwarding all his mail to someone else. Embarassed

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think I've made more mistakes on this forum then in baiting. Laughing

A few baiting ones are:

Rushing and not thinking clearly before emailing.
Messing up with BCC and CC a few times.
Putting the wrong name when emailing scripts out
etc.

Most can easily be fixed with a quick excuse or blaming the lad. Wink

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
iamthewalrus
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Mistake I made at first was being too eager in sending my replies. The one time I didn't bother for 24 hours, I had a desperate paranoid email from my "fiance". She and the barrister still expect to hear from me daily.

Next bait, I will definitely be more patient and try to lead the pace more.

mcstability
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 11:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well i only started my very first bait last night. He didnt reply very soon so i thought describing my poodle's "motions" Laughing in vivid detail may have put him off... but i got a reply today.

I'm baiting as Mrs Brady Old Lady (though with a different name) out of Viz. And i suspect my poor poodle's bottom troubles (not to mention constant references to my dead husband stanley, and how things where better in the war) may take precedence in future emails over sending the lad anything he actually wants to read.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mrs_Brady_the_Old_Lady
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have made loads and loads of mistakes over the years. here are some of my favourites and how they affected the bait:

* Signing an email with my real name (more than once, unfortunately)
- I killed the bait immediately, too risky since there are many mugus in my area. Now I try to put myself in the baiting character mentality first, and I don't use the same free mail services for any of my personal mail (visual cues help remind me that I'm baiting, not myself).

* Getting baits crossed (any number of times): signing the wrong baiting character name, or calling a mugu by the wrong name, or referring to the details of another deal.
- Kept right on going - almost all of these are easy to cover up. Actually referring to the wrong deal can be an advantage, you can actually reveal to one mugu that you have another deal working with another one. this can get you some really great "expose" about how the other deal is a scam. From this I learned that it can be fun to drop hints that I'm involved in some other scam deal, even if I'm not.

* Baiting character knows too much:
- any number of times I've tried to anticipate a scammer's moves, but often this leads to problems. for example, mentioning anything about fees to be paid before the scammer brings it up. Fees should come as a surprise to most baiting characters.

* Having a scammer call some silly phone number:
- in my very early days I did this a lot, either just give him a random number from a big corporation, or an organization that I thought deserved some abuse. I learned this is a dead end to most baits - it serves no purpose and causes all kinds of problems for keeping the bait going.

* Taking a photo of a scammer:
- again in my very early days: i went to a large tourist destination where many people are regularly taking photos, to take pictures of a scammer who was meeting some other baiter's character. I vaguely knew that meetings often include "minders" but did not realize that this particular meeting included two very burly, serious looking gentlemen, each lurking near one of the two main exits. I managed to take one or two long distance blurry photos (of something else with the mugu in the "background") but then noticed one of the minders watching people very closely. Including me. Never again!!

Oh, i forgot:
* Putting too much info in one email
- a classic problem with new baiters - telling your life story in the first email when a simple "I'm interested" type email will do the same job. This applies not only to the initial emails, but also any other time in a bait unless your lad has been taught to read every little thing. Most of the time now I try to follow a simple rule I created myself about the info I include in any reply: 1. thank him for his previous message. 2. apology for something. 3. compliant statement. 4. specific question or problem. 5. another compliant statement. (6, optional: one off-topic bit of conversation).
I've also learned that there is nothing wrong with writing big long emails to the lads, in fact sometimes I do this anyway just for my own amusement. See also "using funny names".

* planning the plot in advance
- Some baiters are very good at setting up specific milestones or plans for baits, so this might not be considered "a mistake". It is for me, because I am just no good at long term planning..... my long term plans seem doomed to fail. I'm much better at playing along and not worrying too much about where things are heading (except for certain things, like setting up legitimate reasons why i can't use the phone, or why I am away from the computer for weeks at a time, that sort of thing).

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating

Last edited by firehouse5 on Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Just Jane
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

master said:
Quote:
I am really starting to see why you need a good plan(and experience) to stick to, so you can shepheard your lad into the required pen.

Laughing What a good analogy! Very true, too.

I've done a lot of the same things as the other people have said here. One thing I did (and only realized it recently) is that my voice mail on my anonymous phone has my main character's name in the message. All my lads from all my characters have been calling that number. It's kind of funny that none of them have asked why a different name is in the recording.

Mortar x 18 Closed lad accounts x 64 United Kingdom Malaysia Senegal Liberian Flag United States China Nigeria Spain South Africa Togo Benin Ghana United Arab Emirates Germany cameroon pony Mc Fry Easter Egg
Winner of the Summer Challenge Prize August 2008
Pith Helmet - St4nley's Xmax Adventure - I am suppose to be your Lover and not your house lad. - St4nley
Golden Pith Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Cotonou to Lome x2, Cotonou/Lagos/Abuja/Yankari, Cotonou/Parakou, Lagos/Maiduguri, Lagos/Douala, Dakar/Gambia/Keyes - Hector w/ team Hectard
Safari Barack Obama Scammed - Benin-Lagos-Maiduguri 'Oh Shit' - Hon. M4rtins
Safari Cotonou/Lome - D Brown
Sand Timer Hector Sand Timer Dr David O
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Twice I've sent the wrong document to a Lad; once I managed to wriggle out, but the other time I killed off a promising bait.

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
U. Sir Name
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have VERY serious patience issues. My baits will go on for 3-4weeks, and then I'll get bored with them and call the lads out. I think the general consensus here is to never burn a lad, but I do it all the time. I have issues. Rolling Eyes

Please take note my name is DAKORU BAKARE and not Bukake

i got your ATM card and you come and bring your information and also pay your $95 charge and collect the God dam card ok.

ok sorry i got you message, and i going to go fuck myself as you said. thanks very much.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 12:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

atallman wrote:
-Asking for a trophy picture on my first email....... Replying with anything longer then a paragraph....Thinking I must reply straight away....

Yep, I've done all three of those when I started. And occasionally I still do the last one.

Additionally I get bored and wander off halfway through a bait to start a different one.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic