SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

What to do with a new dating scammer

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
baiterbot
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 7:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear 419Baiters,

I am a new baiter. Actually I'm not really a baiter. I heard the This American Life radio program today. I have been emailing some (supposed) woman who is coming here from Russia to met me. It started only ten days ago. I was suspicious from the first when I got a wierd email message on a dating site I have signed up for. The first message was from what seemed like a guy. When I wrote back asking who the hell he was I started getting messages with pictures from some 20-something girl in Russia.

I had never heard of a dating scam before. I'm just naturally observant and many obvious things didn't add up. (like I'm in my 50's and some young chick in Russia would want me.... right.)

She sends me pictures with every post and now she is talking about how we will be together in bliss etc etc. I'm sure you know the drill. She hasn't asked for money yet but I imagine that will come. She originally talked about being a nurse and wanting to get a job here in the US and asking me to edit her resume. She said at first that she was coming in three weeks. But she is "on the plane today". She has asked me several times for the designation of the airport near me. (I'm in San Francisco) and I guess decided that was a good enough place to start looking for work in the USA. Now she wants my phone number. I haven't complied yet.

She never really responds to what I say. Her emails are always short and complain about how busy she is and has to run but will write more. Her English is about 90%.

My question is how to play this. I have already written to tell her that she has to come prepared in America because people here are "self reliant" and have little compassion. I have also rained on her parade with questions about why she would feel so romantically inclined toward given that we haven't met and I'm decades older than she is. These warnings are never responded to directly. I am assuming that her 'luggage will get lost' or 'her purse will get stolen' or something and I will get a request to rescue her with money.

Have any of you with more experience in this stuff got any ideas on how I can take the lead here and where I can steer this thing? Question I was spell bound by the radio program and amazed that you guys exist and are a resource. It sounds like a fun way to waiste some time.

Any help is appreciated.

Baiterbot

Began Steele's Bitch

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 9:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Baiterbot Hello and Welcome - Bait Safe

The Greeks have many tales of woe, I tend to adapt them in to my script, Oedipus is firm favorite

I would not worry too much, your Vald is only after your money, but you might want confirmation, a photograph holding a piece of fruit.

The whole ethos is to keep em busy with the baiter,

Remember after your bait is completed - post up the letters up in Russian Detective, Romance Scammers

Hableme el unico del mundo, digame: Como te hace ese sonido, tan glorioso, que aun hora con anticipacion de el, me ha reducio a un bestia, gruendo, entusiomandose y paliptando
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Baiterbot and welcome,

We are always happy to have another person to waste the time of scammers with us.

Unfortunately many people are not as observant as you have been and many people do fall for this and end up with a broken heart and empty wallet

The driving force for most of us is the knowledge that while we are wasting their time, scammers are not writing to a potential victim.

Recruiting and training new baiters also plays a big part in our fight, the knowledge you learn and pass on may well save other people from being scammed as well so to that end we have many educational thread on the site, the one most relevant to your question is the romance baiting sticky which can be found towards the top of the romance forum, the other area that will be usefull to you is the 419eater university, there are some classes on Vlad baiting put together by one of (if not the) best romance baiters around.

After reading through the relevant stickies, if you have any more questions, and you most likely will, feel free to ask and one of us will happily point you in the right direction.

If you are so enclined, you can also apply for a mentor who will be able to help you through your early questions and point you in the right direction

The first bit of information you should read is the information on safe baiting, you will hear many of us talk about and it is all about what it sounds like its about, there is also a section on this in the romance sticky Wink

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi BB! Welcome to the romance department, the kinder, gentler side of the eater. I love to torment lads (the Nigerian sammers mostly) because I am female and have a pretty good understanding of what it takes to get into a man's heart and break it. That's what I do best.

For the guys here (I think women baiters are in the minority), they know they're really baiting men pretending to be women, mostly. And they seem to know just what buttons to push to frustrate and torture greedy men the best.

Romance scamming is a bit different from all the other scams as it is meant to break down the emotional defenses of its victims so that they will override caution and common sense to part with their money. I prefer it because it doesn't hardly ever involve greedy victims who 'deserve' to be scammed. as many people see the victims of trunk box or lottery scams.

I also detest romance scams most because it destroys its victims emotionally as well as financially. These are the scammers who deserve all the hell we can give them.

I'd like to say though that for me personally, I do not participate or care for baiting that leads scammers into physical danger. I'd rather just turn the tables on them and just give them back what they try to do to others.

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
Scam-Beezi
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OldBaglady wrote:
I am female and have a pretty good understanding of what it takes to get into a man's heart and break it. That's what I do best.

You trained my wife then OldbagLady?

Welcome Baiterbot, I'm a Newb myself and am working on turning a Lotto scammer into a love scammer for my own twisted means - He's going to take a big fall soon, hopefully from somewhere very high, or very far away... haven't decided yet.

All I can say, is it DOES give you a HUGE feeling of satisfaction when you eventually get one of these bloodsucking morons to do something he think's is earning him bundles of $$$ only to drop him from a great height just before the payoff. They get mad, we get even.

Enjoy your bait and above all BAIT SAFE!

It is better to be silent and then thought a fool, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome here,
We're glad you came, they said it all^^^^^ any questions just ask, we'll answer.
Hope to CU around

Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 9:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There is one scam going on at the moment [you see these every couple of months] that entail them coming to see you, having money for tickets etc etc then something happens, their mother needs a serious operation (or something) and then they ask you for "help"

This is probably the same one - check here:
http://russiandetective.forumup.org/viewtopic.php?t=3180&mforum=russiandetective

Mugu Reseller Russia x lost count Ukraine x too many Senegal x 2

When your finished playing with them, make sure you post all the info on a public website

http://www.romancescam.com/forum/index.php for all romance scams
harrya
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:10 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
But she is "on the plane today". She has asked me several times for the designation of the airport near me

I love this she is on a plane but has no idea where is going Laughing

The most likely thing will be a request for money for a visa. $600 or so.

Glad you twigged and have some fun. Down here in the love lad basement there is a great bunch of baiters. It's slower that some other scams but the rewards are many.
weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to the nut house Baiterbot.

Whatever you DO , don't send her any money, even if she supplies evidence of her granny dieing of prolonged sexual dysfunction.

Just play along, and see where it goes, Chances are she has a sick daughter, who needs an operation, or wants to visit you , but doesn't have the air fair.

'Don't supply your real e-mail address, or phone number, and keep personnal details to a bear minimum. In fact set up a completly seperate character, with it's own e-mail address [ hotmail, gmail, etc] And if your using your own e-mail address now , just change it, chances are they won't notice the change, if they just click "reply" If they say anything, simply say, your server got attacked by hackers or mr Gomer, so you have changed it to protect them.

Remember the old advert, **Strong Russian farm worker, has new Bolarise tractor. Want's rich farmer in need of tractor driver. Can send photo of tracter**

Good luck, and please keep us all informed on how you go.

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All of the above is great advice and information from some of the best baiters around. Very Happy

One thing in your post that has not been mentioned is the fact that she seemed not to address your emails in her replies. That would be because she is using scripts. She (if indeed it is a "she") probably speaks very little English, and she has a list of emails she is to send in a particular order. She likely doesn't even read your emails. Sad

I will reiterate the above advice to read all you can in the stickies and on the Love/Dating Scams forum. You will get a feel for what has worked and what hasn't and you will see several masters at work. ^^^ company included. Smile

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic