SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

What if this bailout doesn’t work?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strongside
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

With the government helping AIG out with the lovely $85 billion of taxpayers money, what happens in the event this bailout doesn’t work? I mean, isn’t it completely frowned upon to BORROW money to save yourself from DEBT? That’s just putting yourself into more debt and having to pay back a loan, plus interest (I assume) and that’s some serious money here. In the event it doesn’t work, what happens next? They seek round 2 from taxpayers?

What is this bailout supposed to accomplish?? HOW is it supposed to help them? Where is the penalty to them on how the company failed? Obviously they did something to get in so deep? Yes, the economy played a role, but not an $85 BILLION dollar role.

Just curious of your thoughts on this.

You claim to be pure and never indulged in Juju, we shall see soon who will come beging for forgiveness, I cast you into the deapest hell and that is where you belong you Lunatic Monkey - Dr. James Carter

DIE NOW DIE NOW DIE NOW WITH YOUR WHOLE FAMILY USELESS MAN - Thambora Vwuku

what is ur problem u what do you do in life? pease dont worry me again otherwise u will die i wil reprot this mails to my boss. You are warned - Tony Kovan
A Skinner
Texas Lad-Saw Massacre

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Politicians have no sense regarding economics. They want to give everything away.
I think what will happen is that inflation with hit us again like it did in the Carter era because the government will be forced to print more money. The more they print, the less it is worth.
Otherwise, I think the economy is still strong (except for the financial sector). We are manufacturing items, most people are working, etc. It will just take time to get over this.

SINCE YOU MADE ME TO GIVE MY CAR AWAY AND ALL THE DISAPOINTMENTS YOU GAVE TO ME,WHICH MADE ME TO STOP CONTACTING YOU. PLEASE DO NOT INVOLVE ME WITH ANYTHING YOU ARE DOING WITH ANYBODY, PLEASE DONT INVOLVE ME.I DONT WANT ANYTHING THAT WILL JEOPARDIZE MY IMAGE IN THIS COUNTRY.I AM A HUMANITARIAN LAWYER.

infact am getting tired with all this speculation in this transaction, honestly if i had known that this is the kind of person you are i would not have contacted for an assistance

Urgent??? Impotent massage

* Help Keep Eater Running - Click here to donate
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Look at the current market reports, it isn't working. The Federal reserve isn't technically the government either. Here is who actually controls the reserve, they probably don't have your best interests at heart.
The fact that a major bank like the AIG needs bailing out is probably enough to panic people massively.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Simple - we're screwed.

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
Gold Hat
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Strongside wrote:
. . . . Obviously they did something to get in so deep?

Ever see the movie with the line "Greed is good"?

It was greed that started us down the slope - specifically repackaging and reselling disastrous mortgages. Those who control the money also control the greed. Remember the S & L debacle of a few years ago? That one cost the tax payer about $350 billion.

As of today gold is selling at an all-time high. That is the best indicator of what is happening - the greedy want the age-old protection of something in their actual pocket.

Gold sales are the ominous precursor of what is to come. If you think this is bad now - give it a month or so - you ain't seen nothing yet!
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree we're screwed, but gold traded today at about $850/oz. It was over $1,000/oz months ago, so not at all time high, but yes, pretty high.

The big problem we face is that AIG showed that the world markets are more intertwined than we can understand (literally) -- so the U.S. may be the canary in the coal mine for the rest of the world...

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Gold Hat
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

JMRazor wrote:
but gold traded today at about $850/oz. It was over $1,000/oz months ago, so not at all time high, but yes, pretty high.

I stand corrected Laughing

For a better description of the point I am trying to make - see this Gold back in its element as safety for investors

You are gonna have to copy/paste this link cause it won't shrink for me for some reason Crying or Very sad

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/gold-back-its-element-safety/story.aspx?guid={1AFB97B6-AB4E-476F-8957-7444FA55F4F0}&dist=msr_1
B. A. Ware
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Things are tough, there are many factors involved in how we got here. Gold at 850 isn't really that bad, it made it to 650 in the 70's.

We've been in worse shape and survived just fine. However, we need to get Iraq to pay for the war. Stop transfering our wealth to the middle east for oil. And stop giving people loans that they can't repay (there's a reason they have bad credit ratings)

We'll get through this just like we always have before. My money's in Washington Mutual, but I'm not running down there to get it out. (check their stock if you don't understand this statement)

Hang in there folks. Really.
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 6:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I agree BAW. DON'T PANIC!!!! It's been boom time for the last decade and now the cycle is swinging the other way and if everyone holds their nerve it will swing back up again in due course. The Aussie stock market is also taking a hammering (the US market sneezes, the rest of the world catches a cold) even though the economy here is very robust, particularly in the resources/mining sector. People are panicking because their super (pension) fund has dropped around 8% but they forget that for the last 5 years at least they have been earning much more than that so overall it's still 2 steps forward, 1 step back.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
LakeT
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello, I am new here. I did post a rather lengthy introduction in General Chat (after seeing where it should have actually been posted, of course!)
So, not sure where it went.

For the most part, I agree with everything said above. I have read - but cannot independently verify from any credible source that China OWNS 70% of our (the usa's) debt. Now....... if true, THAT is scary.

Also, regarding manufacturing - We stopped doing that (i.e. relying upon ourselves to make our own products) in the 70's. Our jobs are almost exclusively in the service industry now. And, thanks to NAFTA (and our greedy politicians & lobbyists's) in the 90's, we're barely holding on to them. Oh......... I must stop! Needless to say, "Power Corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely".

At any rate, thank you for this great site which I originally stumbled upon through a travel forum - (TripAdvisor, New York City apartment SCAMS) Not that you need them, but there are plenty of addresses that can be harvested there)
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Strongside wrote:

What is this bailout supposed to accomplish?? HOW is it supposed to help them? Where is the penalty to them on how the company failed? Obviously they did something to get in so deep? Yes, the economy played a role, but not an $85 BILLION dollar role.

Just curious of your thoughts on this.

Let me preface this by saying I hate the concept of a buyout. It's completely insane to me that a company as notable as AIG (money managers) can suck so bad at money managing.

However, I think the purpose of this buyout is to keep the economy and people's savings afloat. The ripple effect from letting a company like this go bust is massive and woulr ruin MANY innocent people. On one hand, I say nuts to the jackass CEOs taking massive bonuses and such, while the company is in ruins. When times are good these guys party hard. However, they run their company like a bunch of fools. They work under the same assumption that the people during the mortgage boom did- it will always be this good. Just like so many idiots, they put aside NOTHING for a rainy day. It is completely absurd that these types of comapnies are going bust. They need to enstill basic economic principles. Save when times are good.

I do think, however, that these jackasses should have to pay every dime of it back, with interest. That won't happen though.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic