SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Split from Radio show thread: Ethics of the Chad Bait

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
DirtMcGirt
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

LotsaLove wrote:
There is nothing he/she can do to make me feel any type of guilt for what type of problems scammers get themselves into:

I'm not trying to make you feel guilt at all, that is in no way my intention. I'm just suggesting people need to be more honest about their motivations for baiting.
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Edrondol wrote:

The victims are (usually - I don't want to make sweeping generalities) desperate. Old people who use their meager pensions to try and get money to live in comfort. Single moms who live month to month who just want to get ahead.

You got it in one pal. Wink
Welcome to Eater!!!

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I believe most have honestly told you why they bait. The problem seems to be that you want their reasons to jive with what you think.

I bait because I despise these thieving low life bastards.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
luckey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DirtMcGirt wrote:
I'm not trying to make you feel guilt at all, that is in no way my intention. I'm just suggesting people need to be more honest about their motivations for baiting.

That is not what you are saying. You are asking us all to admit that we are motivated by your singular assumption about what our motives must be. That's crap. We all have different motives, in different degrees.

Edit: Well said Edrondol. Welcome here. Very Happy

Last edited by luckey on Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DirtMcGirt wrote:
I have called no one any names, I have been extremely civil in every post I've made. And yet you keep attacking me in personal and angry ways. You really do need to take a hard look into the emotional problem mirror.

You called victims stupid, greedy, etc. That's what got everyone so angry. Call us every name you want (and you did call us sadists). Trust me, I don't care. We have been called a lot. The problem is, you came in generalizing on victims, about which you know nothing. There lies the problem.

And you did hurt my feelings by not commenting on my nativity post. Crying or Very sad

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I suspect that people here have many different motives.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Edrondol
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightlyoutofit wrote:
Edrondol wrote:

The victims are (usually - I don't want to make sweeping generalities) desperate. Old people who use their meager pensions to try and get money to live in comfort. Single moms who live month to month who just want to get ahead.

You got it in one pal. Wink
Welcome to Eater!!!

As I said, I've been lurking for a long, long time. So far, I've been known as "Guest". Wink
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Edrondol... What a great 1st post, Welcome

@ The other fella..... Probably best you stop now

pony pony Mortar x18
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Edrondol: Hi "Guest", glad you finally registered. Welcome to Eater!

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bombardier wrote:

@ The other fella..... Probably best you stop now

I don't think it's a case of stop.
It's a case of wake up and see reality as it really is.

@DirtMcGirt. If you want to be taken seriously and if you want to know about the subject and be able to debate properly about it, then start baiting. Don't come with the "I'm too lazy" crap.

Bait and you'll find out why you're being laughed at. Then give it a couple of months and you'll wake up and smell the coffee and that sadistic streak will be gone because you'll have used it all up in a few days.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
DirtMcGirt
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ima Baeder wrote:
@Dirt: I'm not taking it personally. Why would you pick my sarcastic joke to comment on?

Because that sarcastic jokeheld the kernel of truth that you were personalizing my comments. I just wanted to make it clear that I wasn't trying to attack you, personally, with the suggestion that this site is potential resource for scammers.

Also, to the person who used the pencil metaphor. Usually that metaphor is used for gun control, and it's just as flimsy in this case. When making a honest risk to reward analysis, of gun use or this website, you have to be honest about the risks as well as the rewards.

And really, I think that this site being a resource for scammers is a small risk, I just wanted it as food for thought for everyone who thinks this site does 100 percent good. There's a cost for every action, much less the morally murky waters of baiting.
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Still no mention of my nativity scene. Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad X like a trillion

I do have feelings you know.

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We've been doing this for years and are fully aware of the risks. The good far outweighs the risk of a lad learning something here. Wink

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ That was because your nativity scene joke was shite.

Now get back into your basket.

Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Because that sarcastic jokeheld the kernel of truth that you were personalizing my comments.

Again, you are making assumptions. I was simply being a smart ass.

The treatment you are getting here is because you continue to make assertions of facts based on your opinions and sweeping generalizations.

DirtMcGirt
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

jojobean wrote:

You called victims stupid, greedy, etc. That's what got everyone so angry. Call us every name you want (and you did call us sadists). Trust me, I don't care. We have been called a lot. The problem is, you came in generalizing on victims, about which you know nothing. There lies the problem.

And you did hurt my feelings by not commenting on my nativity post. Crying or Very sad

I didn't mean to use sadism as a pejorative, just as a descriptive. You might take the word to be insulting, but it wasn't my intention.

I think I missed your nativity post... did it involve a manger and three wise men?
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ima Baeder wrote:
@Edrondol: Hi "Guest", glad you finally registered. Welcome to Eater!

Yes, and Hi and welcome to McDirt as well. get yourself a mentor, read the stickies, bait safe. Great to have you aboard. Read along in the enormous Eater post archives, and when you're done, read them again before you ever post again. Maybe you get an idea what kind of community you entered today. my guess your perspective will be changed quite a lot by that time..

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)

Last edited by Dutch on Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Last thing at the bottom: http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1225865#1225865

I need attention. Laughing I have a low self esteem and need to be acknowledged.

Okay, so, he says he didn't mean sadistic as a bad thing. Fair enough.

What about the whole vic generalization?

Goat

N.O.R.A
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DirtMcGirt wrote:
You can say that it's to educate people, but a scammer can easily go through those own forums to get ideas. You also give extremely detailed descriptions of your own baits, going into great detail about the tactics used..

If Eater became a sort of educational source for scammers, it would just make everything more interesting. However, it will never happen. The lads are too poor to spend their time here. Most of them are also too stupid.

Quote:
You never know how you will behave when you fall upon hard times, until you fall upon them.

That's true, unless you have fallen upon hard times. You may think that baiters are teenagers who haven't tasted any real life. The more you get to know other members here, the more you see they are responsible grown-ups who have had many problems, setbacks and even catastrophes in their personal lives. If their reaction was to start scamming, they wouldn't hang around here.

Anyhow, I do agree with you on human nature. We people commit horrible crimes. Baiting is one response to crime. It is not the only one and it is not the perfect one but it is a response (and it is fun Very Happy). You can find your own response.

And honestly, usually the baited scammers are not hurt at all by us. They just keep away from real victims for awile. In my opinion, it is good from all points of view.

Edit: typo

"Yes,Miss N0ra is a prostitute,a slut and a professional harlot." [Another Lad, being baited since May 2009, to one of my characters]

Easter Egg 2011 Goat Goat [ Closed lad accounts + Mortar + Safari + Sand Timer ] x some

"set him straight first on the pimple soaps and cleansers,then suggest the other..
we don't want a pimpley,less wrinkly botoxed man running loose" [SlapHappy]

My Mentor is a young, hot, sexy man or woman.

"I'm a girl." [Slightlyoutofit]

Last edited by N.O.R.A on Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
DirtMcGirt
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

dutchbait wrote:
my guess your perspective will be changed quite a lot by that time..

If you think me reading over every thread in this forum will cause me to suddenly bloom a huge sympathy for the victim's of scammers, and a ardent belief in the righteousness of the baiter's cause, you're barking up the wrong tree. The biggest potential upside for me in scouring the archives is amusement
capricio
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nobody said 100% of the people here are altruistic. You just assumed we all thought that and needed correcting. We can disagree about the cost/benefit analysis of the site, but even you would probably have to conceed the site has probably saved more people from being scammed than contributed to scamming.
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DirtMcGirt wrote:

I didn't mean to use sadism as a pejorative, just as a descriptive. You might take the word to be insulting, but it wasn't my intention.

It's hard to take it as having any other meaning but insulting. And I could add that your continued insistence upon it did you no favours. But whatever.

As stated, if you really want to know why we do what we do, probably the only way to get a good understanding is to do it yourself. I'm in danger of generalising here myself but there are lots of different perspectives and sadism isn't really in the majority. A person with a sadistic outlook would probably soon get bored at how tedious the vast majority of baiting actually can be.

Jojo and YW will tell you that they're sadists but that's only to make themselves look big when compared to me. In reality they're little girly shirtlifters who wept in misery all the way through their Chad bait.

jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightly is wicked. Look at that lone ranger safari in his siggy. Laughing

Still nothing (by McGrit). Crying or Very sad

Goat

Last edited by jojobean on Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
DirtMcGirt
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

capricio wrote:
Nobody said 100% of the people here are altruistic. You just assumed we all thought that and needed correcting. We can disagree about the cost/benefit analysis of the site, but even you would probably have to conceed the site has probably saved more people from being scammed than contributed to scamming.

And agian, there's a difference between providing a resource for educating about scams, and to shut down scamming websites, and with baiting. It's really the baiting itself that I think is morally murky. It's the scamming of the scammers, and actively trying to mentally, emotionally and physically hurt them that is the interesting thing on this website, it's the motivation for baiting, that I think people here are in denial about. I'm sorry if I painted too broad of a brush with some of my statements, I should have been more clear.
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Again, many members have many different motivations for baiting.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic