SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Split from Radio show thread: Ethics of the Chad Bait

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bombardier
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DirtMcGirt wrote:
And you hurt them because you enjoy it.

You really don't know how much i enjoy hurting them, but then thats just me.

pony pony Mortar x18
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Somewhere back on page 10, Scam Patroller wrote:
For further reading on victims who were assaulted, robbed, kidnapped and murdered by scammers, as well as many victim news stories, see my site here:

http://www.scam-info-links.info/scam_victim_news.html

@Dirt
I suggest you follow the link.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DirtMcGirt wrote:

LOL at me having emotional problems, when you can't even respond to me without getting defensive, abusive and angry.

Oh perleeease. Swallow your superiority complex and join the real world.
I'm not defensive, abusive or angry. I merely stated that you're an asshole.

Shall I tell you why I'm none of the things you've posted? It's because you've already pre-judged and are arrogant enough to decide that your view is the only view. It would be pointless for me to go through those emotions with someone who only sees what they want to see and argues on a topic that they know nothing about.

Please feel free to disregard everything I've written in this post and pick up only the asshole part. Then you can tell me I was a camp-guard at Aushwitz and kill puppies for fun and that I have emotional issues and am crying like a baby for mommy.
Or maybe I'll tell you that myself. After all, it's what you would like to hear isn't it? But then I get the feeling if you get your ego stroked you'll only continue to bore us with more ignorance.

By the way. See under Jojobean's avatar? Where it says "Slightly's oga"? Oga is Nigerian for bitch. I taught him everything he knows. If he's riding you too hard, give me a shout and I'll reign him back in.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightlyoutofit wrote:
By the way. See under Jojobean's avatar? Where it says "Slightly's oga"? Oga is Nigerian for bitch. .

Laughing

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
DirtMcGirt
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ima Baeder wrote:
I didn't say they were mutually exclusive. I was stating two facts.

This site isn't a great resource for scammers. What evidence do you have that it is?

Evidence? You guys provide a repository of scams, detailing them. You can say that it's to educate people, but a scammer can easily go through those own forums to get ideas. You also give extremely detailed descriptions of your own baits, going into great detail about the tactics used.. the tactics used in the baits can easily be employed for profit rather than for fun. And even more extreme, a budding con artist could easily get a mentor, and join up with a baiting crew, as a free and easy practice for their future craft. You might think that's rediculous, but if you think that, then you just don't understand what sort of behavior is open to someone who is stripped of morality and ethics.

Also, (and I'm sure this will be mocked and scoffed at but it seems comepletely plausible to me) One of the baiter's could lose their house to a hurricane, lose their retirement fund to a market crash, lose their wife to divorce... and could find themselves tempted to use the skills they learned here for more than just entertainment benefit. You never know how you will behave when you fall upon hard times, until you fall upon them. Or perhaps you're just seduced by the power and potential of what you're doing here. I'm sure most of you do this with the best of intentions, and that few of you will ever turn to actual scamming. But if you think no one here will, if you think every single baiter here has pure intentions, and would never and will never scam, then you understand nothing about the range of human behavior. Or probability, for that matter.
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

bombardier wrote:
You really don't know how much i enjoy hurting them, but then thats just me.

^^^
That's the guy that likes to hurt lads. Check out those videos of his. Hilarious stuff!

Quote:
there's no way to keep scammers from educating themselves here, and what someone can learn here would be extremely valuable, if you are unethical.

Assuming a VAST majority of scammers are from Nigeria, that is really not that big of a problem. Block out those IPs from coming here.

Why did you come on this site? Just to cause trouble? If you don't agree with it, cool. If you do agree with it, cool. If you think Slightly is useless and should quit posting, join the club. But stop bothering us with uneducated ramblings about which you know nothing.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
DirtMcGirt
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightlyoutofit wrote:
ramble ramble rant and ramble.

Um.. okay?
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Genius. Like I've never seen that one on a forum before.

Normally it's the sign of a defeated asshole.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Ari
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nope, that's not what Slightly said. Sorry.
luckey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
One of the baiter's could lose their house to a hurricane, lose their retirement fund to a market crash, lose their wife to divorce... and could find themselves tempted to use the skills they learned here for more than just entertainment benefit. You never know how you will behave when you fall upon hard times, until you fall upon them. Or perhaps you're just seduced by the power and potential of what you're doing here.

I suppose that is a risk, however small. Until we see that the imaginable negative consequences of having a site like this outweighs the obvious good that is being done, let's keep it up.

Edit: I wonder how many people here have made piles of money shutting down scores of fake sites in the name of evil. Laughing

Last edited by luckey on Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
DirtMcGirt
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

jojobean wrote:

Assuming a VAST majority of scammers are from Nigeria, that is really not that big of a problem. Block out those IPs from coming here.

Why did you come on this site? Just to cause trouble? If you don't agree with it, cool. If you do agree with it, cool. If you think Slightly is useless and should quit posting, join the club. But stop bothering us with uneducated ramblings about which you know nothing.

Assuming that the vast majority of the world's con artists reside in Nigeria is an hilarious assumption. You think there's something inherient and exclusive to Nigeria that causes only Nigerians to be con artists? Now that's funny.

I came to the site because I thought it was an interesting piece on TAL. I posted because I think it's funny and interesting the mental hoops some of you jump through to justify actions that are identical to the scammers. If you don't want to be bothered by my uneducated ramblings, put me on ignore, I'm sure there's an ignore function around here somewhere.
Ari
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

luckey wrote:
I wonder how many people here have made piles of money shutting down scores of fake sites in the name of evil. Laughing
Some people get paid for killing sites?! How do I sign up for that?
DirtMcGirt
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

luckey wrote:

I suppose that is a risk, however small. Until we see that the imaginable negative consequences of having a site like this outweighs the obvious good that is being done, let's keep it up.

Edit: I wonder how many people here have made piles of money shutting down scores of fake sites in the name of evil. Laughing

LOL i wasn't suggesting that the risk of helping scammers isn't worth the reward of having a resource for victims and potential victims, of shutting down scam websites, etc... However, I think it's foolish to out of hand disregard the obvious downside of a forum like this.
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DirtMcGirt wrote:

Assuming that the vast majority of the world's con artists reside in Nigeria is an hilarious assumption.

LMAO. That's not an assumption. That's a fact. I'll slap my bitch Jojo for not clarifying that one for you.
Tell you what Sigmund. Set up a catcher account for scam-mail. Then check the originating IPs. Top that off with the fact that Nigeria exports it's scammers not just to the rest of Africa but to the rest of the world and you'll see what another stupid statement you've just made.

Of course, I'm probably a racist who wets the bed for arguing that one with you. But what the heck. I'll take the risk.

Last edited by Slightlyoutofit on Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Jayhawk
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, this thread has certainly taken a turn for the better (note sarcasm).

I think it's come to the point where we've got one troll that is doing what he is doing just to get a reaction. And I'll give the troll some credit, it is working.

If dirt is not a troll than I think it is obvious that nothing we can say is going to change his mind. And while I do enjoy watching slightly going midevil on this guy's ass, I think we need to realize that the opinions expressed by dirt come from ignorance. Yes, I do enjoy watching the lads wallow in their misery. And I don't consider myself a bad person.

I consider myself someone that is frustrated by a world that thinks only fools and the greedy fall for these scams, and for the most part are content to stand by and let the greedy victims get what is coming to them. I am frustrated by a scamming culture that makes heroes out of those that are successful. I am frustrated by a group of people that think scamming is okay, and have somehow lost the ability to feel empathy or compassion for others. To the scammers we are not even people. Our cares, worries and problems don't matter to them. We are targets.

So I don't feel guilty, and never will feel guilty, about punishing a group of people that clearly need punishing, and few in law enforcement feel the need to punish.

That's my last post on this thread. It's gotten rather silly.

Yes pets are allowed as far as you will occupy the apartment alone, you can release the Kraken.

i will kill you even if it take me to go to jail i will do that because i hate you with all my life....
assisin killer to Feathers McGraw
PLEASE I BEG YOU TO LET ME KNOW THAT PIGGIES OF YOURS PLEASE... assisin killer to Feathers again
Vcamera x5 Safari Team Humphere
Long Live Silver Peak Orphanage! - Loan Lad Langwenya Andile
capricio
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

jojobean wrote:

I suggested this once after Roy's Astin Martin bait was ruined by a google search, but was quickly beaten down as some members argued that some victims are in Nigeria as well. I still believe Eater could at least selectively identify some subnets in notorious cafes (Festac area) and block them without any real consequence to victims. I have some ideas how the data could be collected if anyone is interested. Smile

As far as this place being a resource for scammers... I can use a pencil to write or stab someone in the eye, should we outlaw pencils? How about we just apply some common sense with regards to how a resource is being used by the vast majority.
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DirtMcGirt wrote:

Evidence? You guys provide a repository of scams, detailing them.

Where is the repository of scams? Do you mean our surplus letters forum or out baits? I have a few baits published here and if a scammer wants to copy them, that would be great. The worst outcome for the victim would be taking a whole shitload of silly pictures. We don't ask for money, so the scammer wouldn't do very well to copy us.
As for the surplus forum, if a scammer wants to read around this site and use those for his scripts, he's wasting his time. There are much easier ways for him to get scripts. All he has to do is seed his email address on a guest book and he'll get loads of them, just as we do.

Quote:
And even more extreme, a budding con artist could easily get a mentor, and join up with a baiting crew, as a free and easy practice for their future craft. You might think that's rediculous, but if you think that, then you just don't understand what sort of behavior is open to someone who is stripped of morality and ethics.

Again, this would be the really really slow way to learn how to scam. So, I guess it's a win for us, because we've wasted a scammers time.

Quote:
Also, (and I'm sure this will be mocked and scoffed at but it seems comepletely plausible to me) One of the baiter's could lose their house to a hurricane, lose their retirement fund to a market crash, lose their wife to divorce... and could find themselves tempted to use the skills they learned here for more than just entertainment benefit.

More ignorance and supposition on your part. How the hell do you know that no one here isn't already down on their luck? The people who are willing to devote their time to this site, to baiting scammers, to killing fake websites, to victim support and education and to also spend time on other anti scam sites aren't very likely to resort to scamming.

Quote:
Or perhaps you're just seduced by the power and potential of what you're doing here.

If power could seduced me, I'd have started editing your posts. Wink

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
jojobean
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't have an ignore option, to my knowledge.

The majority of the scammers we deal with are from Nigeria, or at least West Africa.

Again, the actions might be similar, but the reasoning is very different.

Omar Safari Edo-Abeche T.W.A.T
Adamu Safari Lagos-Abeche
Emi Safari- S Africa-Egypt-Sudan 10k miles
Chris Safari Jolly Roger Dakar-Niger-BF-Cameroon-Lagos-Mali-Nairobi 9.6k miles

Kevin Pith Helmet 10 Safari Accra- BF x2, Togo x2, Kumasi x3, Bolgatanga, Benin City, Tamale x2 Suitcase 5k miles Tattoo x 6
Kenny Safari Safari Safari 3k miles- dont f*ck me up about the payment plz. i have a policy about that. I JUST GOT A SMALL GOAT TODAY AND ITS IN MY HOUSE NOW. i lobve the goat.
Goat
Ben Safari Safari Safari 2.5k miles

Misc Pith Helmet 20 Pith Helmet 5 Pith Helmet 5 Safari Safari Germany-Holland, Atlanta, Beijing-ChangZhou, London-Glasgow, TIMBUKTU x 2
DirtMcGirt
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightlyoutofit wrote:
Genius. Like I've never seen that one on a forum before.

Normally it's the sign of a defeated asshole.

It's interesting that I have come here to discuss the ambiguous morality that baiters operate under, and that you view that discussion as some kind of battle. You accuse me of emotional problems, yet you can't engage in any sort of civil discussion, and can do nothing but flame and name call. I have called no one any names, I have been extremely civil in every post I've made. And yet you keep attacking me in personal and angry ways. You really do need to take a hard look into the emotional problem mirror.
luckey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DirtMcGirt wrote:
LOL i wasn't suggesting that the risk of helping scammers isn't worth the reward of having a resource for victims and potential victims, of shutting down scam websites, etc... However, I think it's foolish to out of hand disregard the obvious downside of a forum like this.

Phew! What a relief.

I would never foolishly disregard the obvious downside of our forum. If you can suggest ways for us to weed out all of the hidden bad apples amongst us and block these ninja con artists from using our weapons against stupid, weak victims, we're all ears.

DirtMcGirt
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ima Baeder wrote:

If power could seduced me, I'd have started editing your posts. Wink

You shouldn't take this so personally... I am not saying you, yourself, are going to turn to evil. I'm just saying the temptation will always be their for anyone who baits, and that someone, sometime will give into it.
LotsaLove
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think we've been giving the troll way too much attention. There is nothing he/she can ever say to make me change how I feel about scammers. There is nothing he/she can do to make me feel any type of guilt for what type of problems scammers get themselves into. And yes, they do it to themselves. The baiters simply open the door - they walk right through it and get themselves into their messes. If a good baiter had been wasting my scammer's time, I might not be in the predicament I'm in today because he would not have had the time to scam me.

I'm not even going to read this thread any more. Life is short, there are really good baits to read about, and I have to start working on my own baits that I've been ignoring Twisted Evil
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 5:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh Sigmund, don't make me laugh so hard. I'm not going to feel sorry for you, no matter how much you beg. Acting the poor victim gets you nowhere. Surely you know all victims are idiots who deserve what they get?

Your innuendoes and insinuations that we are morally corrupt and emotionally unstable are more than enough to justify my calling you an asshole. Live with it. I can.

And you didn't come to debate. You came to preach The World According to Sigmund. Big difference. Wink

Last edited by Slightlyoutofit on Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Dirt: I'm not taking it personally. Why would you pick my sarcastic joke to comment on?

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Edrondol
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been a longtime lurker here due to not having the time to bait properly. I follow along and have a great deal of fun and was amazed at the epic nature of the Adamu bait. (I very nearly signed up at that point, but passed.)

I am also a devoted listener to TAL, which means that two of my favorite things converged in a Perfect Storm ( Rolling Eyes ) of happiness.

Still, one thing that has bothered me has nothing to do with the broadcast, but with the questions here by people who have never read anything about 419 baiting. Specifically, the confusion between greed and desperation.

The scammers are greedy. They do this for no other reason than to take other people's money.

The victims are (usually - I don't want to make sweeping generalities) desperate. Old people who use their meager pensions to try and get money to live in comfort. Single moms who live month to month who just want to get ahead.

To all you new folks, the people who fall for these scams see hope in their correspondence with these scumbags; they see that there's a chance that they can finally stop worrying and start living.

Scammers aren't stealing just money. They are stealing hope, they are stealing faith and they are stealing trust.

In my view, scammers are worst than armed robbers.

-Dave
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic