SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Sick and tired of Ebay scammers - So I worked one over...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
chickenhunter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not really a "bait", but I can't tell you how many times I have listed a car on Ebay with a BUY IT NOW only to have a scammer click BUY IT NOW and waste my time and Ebay fees only to have them want to pay via a cashiers check for more than the amount and forward their "Shipper" the shipping fee overage. What sucks is these guys automatically have your REAL NAME and ADDRESS since Ebay so kindly forwards them your information when they win the auction.

A note to fellow Ebays, be sure and lock down you auctions with plenty of restrictions and have buyers have a Paypal account. This has finally elimated most of this.

Anyway I finally tired of it and in January I decided to play along and waste his time and gas like he had done mine. My next posts will be my email chain of our discussions....
Enjoy!

Last edited by chickenhunter on Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
chickenhunter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It all starts with an email from Ebay just a day after listing my auction:
Quote:

Sent: Saturday, December 29, 2007 1:37 PM
To: chickenhunter
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: I will be sending payment of US $1,500.00 shortly for eBay item #17018xxxx, 94 Mitsubishi 3000GT Dodge Stealth Car

I will be sending payment of US $1,500.00 for my item.

Dear chickenhunter,

I will be sending payment of US $1,500.00 via Money Order/CashierCheck shortly.

Hello, I just want to inform you that I have used the buy it now option on the ITEM you posted on eBay. And my method of payment will be via cashier check, which I will also add the shipping fee on it. So after you cash it same day in your bank or cashing point you will have to pay the shipping fee to my shipper who will come to your house and get the item ship then bring it to me. I want you to provide me your name, address and phone number if you could be able to pay the balance to my shipper?
chickenhunter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I responded with a "sure thing email" and he immediately responded with a check's in the mail with instructions email. A few days later I get a pretty lousy reproduction of a casheirs check for $3000. $1500 more than the selling price of the car, then an email the next day from him. Here we go.....

Quote:
----- Original Message -----
To: Terry Adams
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 9:16 AM
Subject: Re: I will be sending payment of US $1,500.00 shortly for eBay item #1701xxxx, 94 Mitsubishi 3000GT Dodge Stealth Car

I received the check yesterday. $1500 for shipping? Where is this car going to?
Sent: Wednesday, January 09, 2008 2:28 PM
Subject: RE: I will be sending payment of US $1,500.00 shortly for eBay item

have you cash the check?

chickenhunter wrote:
Ok my address is below
chickenhunter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 1:24 PM
Subject: Re: I will be sending payment of US $1,500.00 shortly for eBay item #xxxxx

I just put the money in the bank and will need to wait until they confirm it clears, as you stated in your original email. There is no way I can make this happen before the weekend. As I just got your email today. Also I would prefer a direct wire to your account. No fees from Western Union.

Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 12:19 PM
Subject: Re: I will be sending payment of US $1,500.00 shortly for eBay item #17018xxxx

Yes the car will be cargo to the dublin,ireland. but my shipper will come from london and pick it up from you. because he got 2 additinal machine to ship for me as well. i want you to wire him the money today so that the shipment can take place by this weekend.
Thanks.

chickenhunter wrote:
Where is the car going? Does it need to crated to go overseas?
Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 12:11 PM
Subject: Re: I will be sending payment of US $1,500.00 shortly for eBay item #xxxxx

Good to hear from you, yes you have to wire the $1,500 less the western union fee to my shipper eric moore. he will come and get the car ship from you. i hope he has contact you? please get back to me.
Thanks.
Yakuza
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

wait, he knows where you live?

"All the informations I had about you is that, You are Ruthless and merilessly and heartless Scientist and Politican. ??? Why are you wearing gloves in hands ????" Dr Nwa0gu.
chickenhunter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yakuza wrote:
wait, he knows where you live?

Well sorta. If I used my REAL home address on Ebay instead of a ghost address of one of my rental properties.....then he might find me....

I guess he might show up an beat one of my renters to a pulp.....

Last edited by chickenhunter on Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
chickenhunter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2008 6:22 PM
Subject: Re: URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I went to western union and they said sending a Western Union Payment for Ebay is item is likely fraud. I will go ahead and overnight a check to address provided by your shipper. He should have it by Tuesday. I am sorry for the inconvenience....

Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2008 9:53 AM
Subject: URGENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can you tell me the reason why you refused to wire the shipping fee to my shipper via western union after the check i sent you has cleared?
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 1:29 PM
Subject: Re: I will be sending payment of US $1,500.00 shortly for eBay item #xxxx

Hello, here is the following western union information you need to email my shipper today after you wire the fund.

1,amount wire after western union fee
2,sender's name and address
2,money transfer control number (MTCN)

All the above question can be find on western union reciept whic is necessary for the shipper to collect the money and get back to you with shipment date.
Thanks.

Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 1:22 PM
Subject: Re: I will be sending payment of US $1,500.00 shortly for eBay item #xxxx

Did you check on your bank today maybe the check is clear?

Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 1:48 PM

Hello, once again i hope you still have the note i enclosed with the check? that is my shipper name and address you will use at the western union agent to send the money ok. send me your phone number
Thanks.

Sent: Thursday, January 10, 2008 1:46 PM

Hello,
It a cashier'e check and it could be cash sameday or 2day. anyway you should check on your bank tomorrow it should be clear, meanwhile you will have to deduct $150 out of the shipping fee to send the money via western union money transfter, ok!! i hope you can be able to wire the money by tomorrow or saturday. so that shipment would follow next week.
Thanks.
chickenhunter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You have to start from the bottom of each post and read up to see the first email in the chain. Also as I am sending these I have reported him to Ebay and they have suspended his account. I also reported the fraud to Yahoo and they suspended his email address. That is why you'll notice the confusion on my part as to why he's using a different email address?!!?!?!

Quote:
To: [email protected]
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 2:36 PM
Subject: Re: moneygram info!!

Terry,
I have the money. I am having trouble with my email, so I am having to use my blackberry. I do not want to give you my phone number to have someone call me at home and call me names like "BASTARD" like you have called me. I would just rather not do business. You might get the car and not even like it. I would just assume refund your money back to you. I went to the bank and got out the $300 you sent me. The bank said I should just get an international Money Order as those would be good in the UK and it would not be a very big fee, plus it is safer than Money Gram they said. I could wire you the money, but I do want to pay the $135 fee and I am sure you do not want to pay it if you are not getting the car. I just want to send you a refund and I will just relist the car. This is too much trouble for me. I am sorry, but I hope you understand.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 12:16 PM

it my money and i want you to wire the money via MONEYGRAM..and it got to be today why would you wonna wait longer? do you want to scam me off my money the check is cleared and you still refuse to wire the money what your point? anyway like i said i will be awaiting the MONEYGRAM information from you. and send me your phone number why you hiddin?

chickenhunter wrote:
Look if you are going to resort to calling me names and you can't be polite ill just wait a little longer to send the money. I got an email from eric moore but he wants to be paid via western union and I am not doing that. I am going to the bank today to withdrawl the money but I need his number to verify how I am going to send the money!

-----Original Message-----
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 08:41:07
To:chickenhunter

I DID SAID IM WAITING BY MY COMPUTER SO THAT I CAN GET THE MONEYGRAM INFORMATION FROM YOU.. BASTARD I NEVER SAID I BOUGHT A COMPUTER DROM YOU!!!!!!!! MY MONEY IS CLEARED SO WHY DO YOU WANT TO SCAM ME?

chickenhunter wrote: You mention a computer you are waiting for. Not this car. What are you talking about? I am trying to get your shipping fee paid but I have not heard anything back from eric moore in several days. Bank said to make I know who I am dealing with or this might be a scam.

Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 08:11:07

here is the item i bought from you Mitsubishi 3000GT Dodge Stealth and the price is $1,500 which i used the 'buy it now' to end the auction. so now go ahead and send the money via western union and email me the moneygram information. i hope i can still trust you with my money?

chickenhunter wrote: Computer? What computer? I think you have the wrong person. I keep trying to email [email protected]. But the emails come back. You have a different email account. I was going to money gram office but I don't think this right. Do you have a telephone number so I can verify our original transaction?

Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 07:26:11
Subject: moneygram info!!

Hello,
I will be expecting the following money gram information below from you

1,amount wire after money gram fee
2,sender's name and address on the receipt
3, Reference number that is eight digit number

Also the money must be wire to Eric Moore, that is the reason why I enclosed his name and address in the envelop so that you can use it at money gram office to send the balance this morning and email me the above information ASAP!! I’m awaiting by my computer
Thanks

chickenhunter wrote:
I am sorry. I m trying to get you the money. I will go to money gram first thing tomoorrow...
chickenhunter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Somewhere here I am missing a critical email and one of the best. When I tell him I am no longer going to send him $1500 and instead I want to just cancel the transaction and I'll just REFUND him back the whole $3000 and I'll just keep my car, he sends me an email jumping for joy and is so excited!!!! Darn it! I don't know where that email went, but here's what follows....

Quote:
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 2:59 PM

Ok I am going to the Money Gram office and I will deduct the $135 fee or whatever they charge me if that is ok. $2865 will be coming back to you.

Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 1:48 PM

Once again i don't want any kind of check's or money order!!! i want my money wire via Moneygram simple. here is the name and address you will have to send the money to by moneygram.

NAME: ERIC MOORE
ADDRESS: 80 BROADWATER ROAD
TOTTENHAM
LONDON, N17 6DP
UNITED KINGDOM

Also i hope you will respect my feeling and just send my money by moneygram this will be easy for to collect the cash..don't forget to email me the moneygram information. soonest
chickenhunter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 4:00 PM

Hello, just scan the reciept and attach it to my email you don't have to change the name at all.. eric moore will get the money for me ok.
Thanks.

chickenhunter wrote:
Ok. I have sent the money. Fortunately the Fee was not that bad. Only $60. They said you would be getting 1457.00 Pounds? They said it should only take about 10 minutes, but I have made a mistake and need to go back. I sent the money to the Shipper not to you! I am sorry! Since we are not shipping this car now I need to get this changed! I will go back to the Moneygram Office right away and see if they can correct it. I need your name and address. I don't think you have ever sent that to me? I should be able to change it, but it might cost another $60. I can scan in a copy of the receipt and send it to you if you need it, but they said you will need to show proof of ID to pick up this money and I sent it to the wrong person. Sorry Terry I didn't catch this before. I didn't realize it when you gave me the address below. I'll be back at that store in about 20 minutes.....

Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 3:19 PM

Thanks.. i will appreciate that, also after you wire the money by money gram i will need the following information from you.

1,amount wire after money gram fee
2,sender's name and address
3,Reference number (8 digits)

All the above infomation could be find on the money gram reciepts. and it very important you send email me the information so that we can get the money here easly.
Thanks.

chickenhunter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He is very excited knowing I am standing in the money gram office!!!!

Quote:

Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 4:51 PM

Once again thanks for your effort in other for me to get my money. please kindly scan the reciept and attach it to my email.
Thanks.

Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 4:37 PM

yes i closed the account after i bought your car, becuase that is the reason why i can on ebay in the first place. anyway can you please scan the moneygram reciept and attach it to me email now.

Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 4:18 PM

i want you to scan the reciept and attach it to my email now for prove!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 4:07 PM

Name: Terry Adams
Address: 20 Queens road
peckham,se15 7hl
london

scan the moneygram reciept and attach it to my email ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sent: Monday, January 14, 2008 4:09 PM

send me money now!!!!!!!!!!!

Name: Terry Adams
Address: 20 Queens road
peckham,se15 7hl
london

and scan the moneygram reciept and attach it to my email

chickenhunter wrote:
Please send me you info right away as I am here.... I tried to get your address from Ebay, but your account says no longer registered?????????? Why is that?

chickenhunter wrote:
For my protection and proof I refunded the money TO THE SENDER. I need to send it back to you, not the shipper. SORRY FOR THE MISTAKE. i'LL PAY THE FEE TO HAVE IT CHANGED. Send me your info I am almost at the store....
chickenhunter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Finally I am able to scan and email him my PROOF!!!!!
chickenhunter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 12:32 PM
Subject: if you need your life do that right thing

Hello son of a bitch!!!!!!!!!
Like I said before you’re a BASTARD! Who have no life and can never do things right. I did went to a money gram office here in London, Uk and they said the reference number on the receipt is FAKE which I know you deliberately do it to scam me off my money, meanwhile I have contacted some private agent who will monitor your movement from now on!! You have less than an hour to get to the money gram you send the money from and ask them why the money was not available to pick up. Or else I will not collect the money again it your life I will ask the agent to collect that mean you will be death.
Good day ripper!!!!!!!

chickenhunter wrote:
Ok! Here it is! You are rude! Please do not contact me any more! I have sent the money!
chickenhunter
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 8:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2008 2:18 PM
Subject: Re: if you need your life do that right thing

Just expect the worst to happen!!!!!!!!!!!

chickenhunter> wrote:
You are right. It was fake. Just like YOUR CHECK. I would have loved to have seen your big eyes BUG OUT of your head when I said I was going to refund you the whole amount. I hope you enjoyed wasting your time emailing me, sending me a check and going to Money Gram office. Thank you for playing. We have some lovely parting gifts....

(This email account will now be closed)

Last edited by chickenhunter on Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It always amazes me how lads get so very indignant about getting their money back. Laughing

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
tbScam
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thoroughly entertaining, 9 stars!!!!!!!!!!!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic