SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

NSFW avatars / Censorship / Gripes - Issues!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
U. Sir Name
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Prof
Don't listen. I liked the old avatar just fine. The new one reminds me of the girls at work.

Please take note my name is DAKORU BAKARE and not Bukake

i got your ATM card and you come and bring your information and also pay your $95 charge and collect the God dam card ok.

ok sorry i got you message, and i going to go fuck myself as you said. thanks very much.
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ His old one reminds me of me before the 2nd divorce

or was that the 3rd one?

Whatever, I lost 110lbs after the last one,

and the house, the car, the stereo................................

But in deference to the OP, I have changed my avatar to one that truly reflects myself

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 2:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

This is my new avatar. Those are my panties and I'm sticking to them!

I'll get my coat....

*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

capricio wrote:
I'm not trying to censor anyone or anything,

Balderdash - that is exactly what you are doing . . . .

Had you been around for the past few years you would have seen how this forum has become more and more restrictive in terms of what a member can post. That has resulted in the loss of much of the ribald humour that was so much fun back then. And I regret that!

While I may object to some of what some of the administration of this forum restricts, I do accept that they have the final word.

But I won't accept your lame, convoluted excuse for attempting to censor those who are having a wee bit of fun.

Last edited by Gold Hat on Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Arrrrr! Dare's a miutinee on teh poopdeck! To arms, dogs! Let's lick 'em befer teh take o'er me ship!

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
Harry Pianis
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 4:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It seems that since this thread has been posted, people have changed their avatars or those with scantily clad women have posted here.

And to be honest, there's not much you can do about it Cool

>>>Need some chickens?<<<
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype Name
RobotAmish
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If you're using Firefox, you can install this handy extension:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/232

It allows you to turn the display of images on and off.

Also, the Opera browser has this capability by default. No idea about Safari or IE, as I'm on a linux box at home and I don't use either of them at work.
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

RobotAmish, thanks for the suggestion, and welcome to Eater. Smile

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

< If you think those are floppy pink ears I've got sticking out of the side of my head you couldn't be more wrong.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gold Hat wrote:
Balderdash - that is exactly what you are doing . . . .

Had you been around for the past few years you would have seen how this forum has become more and more restrictive in terms of what a member can post. That has resulted in the loss of much of the ribald humour that was so much fun back then. And I regret that!

I couldn't agree more.
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Gold Hat and Harry Bawls: does the fact that the mods responding to this request have refused to accede to it, or that nobody has been asked to change avatars, have any impact on your thinking at all? Or is it just that you have chosen a particularly poor thread in which to make the argument? Laughing

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Harry Bawls
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Eight, point taken.

[rant][hijack]
I don't want to debate whether or not the site has become more and more restrictive in an effort to please the PC crowd. I don't "own" this site, and as such I really do not have control over it's content. The site has rules, and they need to be followed.

I was simply agreeing with Gold Hat. In "the good ol' days", things were posted that wouldn't stand a snowballs chance in hell of staying posted now. To me, it was a lot more fun then.

I still like Eater a lot, I just choose not to participate much anymore. I poke my head in once in a while to check up on things. I've made many friends here (you included), and want to keep it that way, but wouldn't you agree that things are run much tighter now than it was only 1 year ago?[/rant][/hijack]

@Reaper, I still love you.
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 4:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@HB -- good to see you are still the cranky pain in the ass that we've grown to love and hate in equal measure. Wink Please feel free to vent in my general direction at any time.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Politically incorrect? Hardly. Not this fourm.

And to those that may be offended by my avatar, please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit my apology for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low stress, non-addictive, gender neutral acknowledgement of the purely fictional "Dr. Evil" character, acknowledged within or without any or all traditions of the religious persuasion or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasions and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. Furthermore, to the members of this fourm, or to those who chose to remain guests, of said forum (not that there is anything wrong with that), I would like to wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling, and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted definition of a calendar day, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great, (not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country or is the only “AMERICA” in the western hemisphere), and without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith, choice of computer platform, or sexual orientation of the wisher.” (Disclaimer: By accepting this wish, you are accepting these terms. This wish is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original wish. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for her/himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law, and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one day, or until the issuance of a subsequent wish, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher who assumes no responsibility for any unintended emotional stress this wish may bring to those not desiring said wish.)

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

YW, I see that you are so socially responsible that you even recycle posts for other people. Laughing

HB, I think that this thread demonstrates rather well that whatever line the mods take, there will be those who think it is too PC and those who think it is not PC enough. Walking that line is what keeps us looking so young and fresh. Or should that read "keeps Pimms shareholders happy"? I forget. Laughing Not that the debate is unwelcome, but better examples would be more useful. Smile

YeaWhatever
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey, if it's good enough for Christmas, it good everyday of the year.

Safari<i>"i have arrive safe in namibia"</i> - Tony Kalabi - The Road to the Skeleton Coast
Safari<i>"he is in aswan"</i> - Larry Ken - The Road to Abu Sunbul
Safari The Road to the Hot Zone</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=89779" target="_blank"> The Making of a TWAT</a>
T.W.A.T<a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=100535" target="_blank"> The Second Coming of TWAT</a>
Golden Pith Mortar x17
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 7:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

YW;

I appreciate you using prior posts rather than new ones so all these old posts do not end up in the landfill!

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
Gold Hat
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Eight wrote:
Or is it just that you have chosen a particularly poor thread in which to make the argument? Laughing

As usual you make a good point. But when have I ever done things the right way? Laughing

Does anyone remember the avatar of the really, really, really beautiful pair of legs with that darling reaching down to slip off her shear panties? Damn I wish I had a copy of that – who was the member who posted that? I remember both Shiver and I went overboard with praise for that one – BUT – that was in the good old days.

The strength of Eater, no matter how you cut it, is in the wealth of intelligent, creative, twisted, irreverent and individualistic minds that lurk here. Without that somewhat skewed view of life there would be no Eater – no one can argue against that fact. That different approach is the very reason for our success – and our successes have been legion. Therefore it is incumbent on all of us (even the Mods and Admins) to bolster that approach. And that means that individual expression should be encouraged not stultified.

Eight you asked for better examples in the debate – here’s one. Recently I posted this picture of Sarah Palin in General. After a few responses it was summarily deleted by the Rev. Phil MyCrackin – we exchanged friendly PM’s – and the matter was dropped. But my view of the picture was not political – anyone here, with our expertise, could easily see that the photo was chopped – it was intended as an example of just how nuts the discussion on American politics has become. It was intended as a fun thing open for discussion. I have another picture of Obama on a pancake box representing guess who?

But too often now, here at Eater, the personal views of those who control the buttons supersede the honest expression of differing opinion that comes from our unique bunch. Yes, had I characterized Ms. Palin as censored - RC blather as being to the right of Sigh!, then I most definitely should have been censored. But I didn’t – it was just a picture. Wink

And yes . . . the rule that friends should never debate religion or politics is most appropriate here at Eater. But you can’t ask the type of person who frequents this emporium to lock up his brain and stop thinking. These people have something to say – and it can be said well inside the ethereal rules of Eater.

And don’t take this as a criticism of the mods/admin – I know how difficult it is to walk that line. I love all of you including Rev. Phil (though maybe not Lotta cause she hasn’t sent me the pics of her garden).

But I would certainly appreciate more discussion on this topic (and a copy of the avatar with the shear panties) . Laughing
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 9:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

With respect, Gold Hat, the "no politics" line is not a good example either. It doesn't support your contention that there has been a change, never mind that any change is for the worse. We have always had a ban on politics and religion. You may see a distinction between discussing politics and discussing how nuts the discussion of politics is, but it's an extraordinarily fine line, and I challenge you to explain it or set out guidelines for posting in accordance with it, or modding it. The impossibility of allowing some political discussions and not others is one of the reasons for having the blanket ban in the first place. That's not asking anyone to lock up their brain, just asking that they express views on aspects that are often inflammatory (and nothing to do with baiting) in another arena.

As for PC-ness curtailing the choice of avatars, are you really saying that people should have more latitude than they have already? Go and look at some of the ones currently in use, such as Prof's or Stepan Fetchit's and then tell me that PC-ness is cramping their freedom of expression. Laughing

Quote:
But too often now, here at Eater, the personal views of those who control the buttons supersede the honest expression of differing opinion that comes from our unique bunch.

I suspect that you have little notion of the degree to which the personal views of those of us controlling the buttons are set aside on a daily basis. You have probably never had to think about it, and why should you? Smile Were I not a mod, my reply here would have been very different, for example. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining. I do it by choice, and I live with my own lack of individual expression for the enjoyment I get from other aspects of the role. It's a trade off. Just like having to reconcile the sometimes diametrically opposed individual expressions of "intelligent, creative, twisted, irreverent and individualistic minds that lurk here". Not everyone gets the right to say exactly what they want, when they want, and to whom they want, but we try to make sure that as many people get to have their say as possible. That's not PC or anything like, it's just polite. Smile

Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gold Hat wrote:
Yes, had I characterized Ms. Palin as a still censored - RC then I most definitely should have been censored. But I didn’t – it was just a picture. Wink

I saw what you did there. Laughing

Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

And you think the rest of us didn't? Laughing

Rover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So far I'm not seeing the change. Is it just me or are certain members just making up bullshit just for the heck of it. Of course if this is the case then I would expect other members to actually question the source and the motive of such statements.

Always loads to say behind the scenes not to much to say when called out. Peer pressure must be tough when trying to make up your own mind rather than following the crowd.

So far all I can see is the argument that there are not enough scantly clad women on the forums. Is that it? oh I almost forgot the political issue, I think Eight handled that quite well.

Latest Anti Fraud News | Email Header Analysis | Help keep Eater running | Join 419Eater on Facebook Easter 2015
Nurse Nasty
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 12:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[Slightly on/off topic]

Eater is a community, and like all communities it evolves. We have a few rules set in stone, and others that rely on self-governance. After disappearing for 9 months I found everything is still pretty much the same. There has defiantly been a shift in change towards members being able to not fear mod reprisals, mainly because nowadays members are treated with more respect rather than contempt. I see it as a good thing. A moderators role is to cater to the needs of the members of the forum, help where we can and keep it free from the numpties.

We are certainly not as PC as you think. Not at all. We still don't condone any form of racism. I recently dealt with one of these pigs, which is always pointless, as is their beliefs. We don't allow people to flame each other on the forums, and we don't allow trolls and deluded disgruntled ex-members-turned-trolls to spread their mindless diatribe. Some people just need to get a life.

No politics, or religious debates are still now allowed for all the obvious reasons, and a persons sexual orientation is not an issue.

Eater is what you make it. If you've lost your love for baiting and the community then just don't participate. Take a break. Trying to capture a lost moment of 'the ye olde days' isn't going to happen unless you want it too. I haven't lost my passion for this site, it's members or our goals. If anything I feel renewed about everything. I choose to make it my experiences here fun. I choose to participate and help where I can. I choose to not involve myself in anyone else's business that isn't bait, or forum related. I don't care about ego's and personal agendas. If you have a personal gripe with someone, deal with it, move on or move off. It really is that simple.

Eater is what you make it. I choose to always make it a fun, enjoyable experience.

vv Nasty Predicaments vv
Porno-Lad
Musa Crocodile
Comic Lads

Starstarstarstarstar Easter Egg 2012
GoatPurple FlowerMc FryGolden PithGolden Pith
luckey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Gold Hat wrote:
...But my view of the picture was not political – anyone here, with our expertise, could easily see that the photo was chopped – it was intended as an example of just how nuts the discussion on American politics has become.

I don't see the point here. The fact that the photo was chopped is irrelevant. It was a provocative picture of a prominent political figure. No doubt, some people would have found if funny, and some people would have been pissed off by it. Discussions like that tend to lead to animosity between members, and rifts in the board. For as long as I've been here, posts like that have been handled consistently, and for good reason.

Gold Hat wrote:
I have another picture of Obama on a pancake box representing guess who?

Are you saying we need more racist humor here?

Newdonym
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Firstly, i have nothing against eaters various rules and regulations. I see most as well thought out and rational chosen. Others, not so much, but i know that the admins/mods see them as good choices, so i try to not break them.

One thing about this topic that has caught my eye. I see there is no talking about the politics of politics. Ie, no pics (real or fake) of political figures. See the above post. (funny/offensive=rifts.)

The same doesn't seem to apply for religion. Which is a topic that gets way more heated than politics. Rover's avatar is of the invisible pink unicorn. One of the most well known symbols of atheism and also a very good argument about the paradox of religion. (I have a similar avatar of a different forum.) The point is, preaching against all religion is pretty much like preaching for your own religion - it may also be somewhat like making love to a beautiful woman, you'd have to ask tommo - and definitely like a picture on the politics of religion.

It just seems a little hypocritical.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic