SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Fun time at work

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm renovating a house, the previous tenant went awol a couple of weekends ago, and the owner wants it bought back to liveable again.

So I'm plastering the walls in the back bedroom, finish, start to move the trestles into the front room, when I look out the window, and there's a tow truck, and a car with 2 official looking guys in the MIB outfits. And the tow truck guy is hooking up to MY Pajero.

I casually saunter outside, (I could have beaten that Jamaican easily) and start a fairly heated discussion with the MIB and the tow truck driver along the lines of "what the **** is going on here??" and words to that effect.

I get a Court order flashed in front of my face for all of 10 seconds, with a verbal "We're Baliffs, and we can seize any property to cover the fines issued by the court"

So I park myself between the Pajero and the tow truck, the MIB start the peace keeping talk, "We have the right to seize any property we find here" and "If you want the Police involved, we will get them here, now walk away from the vehicle"

After a bit of the verbals, I finally get to see the Court Order, which is made out for the ex-tenant. As far as the MIB are concerned, it's the right address, the name doesn't matter, so we stalemated it out till the Police arrived.

They arrived with a bit of an attitude, I was told that if I didn't comply with the court order etc, I would be arrested etc. They finally did what I'd suggested to the Baliffs, to check out the house, for occupants, and also to check with my partner, we have 3 LARGE signs up with the Property Maintenance Co. name , ph, and logo,

Surprise surprise, the house is mostly gutted, they ran a check on my vehicle rego, it does belong to me, it took an hour and a half to convince them that no, I don't know the person they are looking for, no, I don't know where she is, and yes, I'm just working on the house since last week.

I wouldn't like to be the ex-tenant when they do find her, she has 3 arrest warrants out, 2 court orders for seizure of property, and by now, probably a few more things.

If I'd had a few less braincells I could have been a Baliff too Very Happy

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
Sir Cumfrence
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So how're those walls looking?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow
What if you hadnt noticed them?
Think they would have checked the registration out first

Years ago we had a similar situation with the previous owners of our place.
They hadnt paid a bill since they put it on the market and had curtains carpets washing machines delivered here for their new place.
We'll have to reposses the carpets and curtains we were told.
Please do says I showing them the dirty, holey stuff left behind. Saves me the cost of a skip
They declined
Didnt think much of the basin and wringer I was using to do our washing. ( I was fair chuffed it was an electric mangle )
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Grrrrrr. Don't get me started on delinquent tenants. I spent a fortune tracking down a woman who not only sold, ie stole, most of the fixtures and fittings on the house she didn't pay any rent for ("my trustfund cheque is in the post") and did a runner the UK police were next to useless because although I knew where she was living (with her mother) they told me "there's nothing we can do about it. Privacy innit mate". I tried civil proceedings too with the same result.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just think of how much work you could have gotten done in that time. Mad

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When I first met Mrs iMike, I moved in with her & rented out the house I had at the time. Made the mistake of following the agent's advice & letting to a DSS tenant (their argument was that the rent would be paid directly to me from the benefits agency, so there shouldn't be any problems with late/missing payments). All seemed OK for around 18 months & then the rent stopped. The agents were very cagey & said they'd 'look into it'. It took around 4 months for them to tell me that the tenant had been caught working & claiming benefit, so they'd immediately stopped paying the rent.

I got the tenant evicted without problems - the agent said that the house was left in good condition, so I decided to put it up for sale (Mrs iMike & I had married by this time). I got a call from the estate agent who said that the property was unsaleable in it's present condition! The place hadn't been trashed, but it was in a filthy state. The bedroom windows hadn't been opened since I moved out & there was mould & peeling wallpaper everywhere. Spent a couple of weekends decorating & making repairs & eventually sold it (though at a loss). Wouldn't do it again.

Quote:
the UK police were next to useless

Unfortunately, that seems to be the way of things generally. Couple of weeks ago some scrote put an air rifle pellet through our back bedroom window. Reported it to the police - we got a letter saying 'sorry you've been the victim of a crime' Evil or Very Mad

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was at a client's factory once, when the bailiffs turned up.

They said they wanted everyone to leave the premises immediately, so they could secure it with all the stock and assets inside. Much to the suprise of my clients, something snapped inside me, and I sat down and said 'make me leave the premises, and I'll have you for assault'.

The bailiffs were baffled by that one, even more so when I phoned the Police. Plod turned up, it turned out I knew one of them, I'd bought a car off him. They took the view, as I thought they would, that a civil matter was nothing to do with them, but no, these goons weren't allowed to pick me up and throw me out of the building if I didn't want to leave, that would be assault.

The argument dragged on for a long time. Every 20 minutes, over the bailff's shoulder I saw the firm's van leaving the loading bay, very heavily laden..... Cool

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Irish, that was a close escape. Shocked You'd have had a much harder time, no doubt, trying to recover the van afterwards than preventing them taking it in the first place. As for the other tales of feckless tenants, you can only hope that karma bites them in the nads sooner or later. Rolling Eyes

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Anti-419
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:19 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That just brought chills down my spine... Shocked

I just rented my new house (5 years old). But I let Liberty Property Management take care of the background check and management. Hopefully, we got some good tenants.

The house is still new because it was a weekend home. We couldn't sell because of the poor housing market now, so decided to rent it out.

I heard of many horror stories about tenants sabotaging the house before they leave. I hope justice land on them like a ton of bricks.

James Bruce: "Thanks for your mail and also your insult to my personality and company."

Baiting Record:
Trophies - 128 | 4 AM Airport Taxi - 6
Nurse Nastys Audi TT Safari - Sierra Leone to Nigeria - "...please help me ,you brought me here to NIgeria.take me out."
Mortar x14
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When my brother was newly-married, his in-laws offered to sell them a rental property at a much-reduced price. When brother and wife arrived at the house to take possession, they discovered that the walls had been torn out and all the copper piping had been removed, along with every appliance and fixture. It cost them almost more to make the place livable than it had cost to buy it in the first place.

They still live in the house, although they have made additions an improvements over the past 35 years.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@SirCumference

The walls are looking good, all the holes patched, all the rotten lining ripped out of the bathroom, and the floor replaced, the kitchen is gutted completely, there were mushrooms growing under the sink, pulling the carpet and lino up on Wednesday and sanding and polishing the floors, after the painting is finished.

Have to reline the bathroom, then full tile throughout with new bath and shower fittings, new kitchen to be installed, about another 2 weeks work without looking at the outside or the grounds.

I'm expecting to have more visits from the MIB though, I've learnt to park on the street now, it saves a bit of hassle Very Happy

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 7:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Irish:

Whilst I am sure it would not have been fun for you, suing the pants off them for taking your Van would have been fun for a barrister.

Parking on the street is probably a better idea at this point Smile

I'd also post no trespassing signs.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 12:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

To anyone thinking of becoming a landlord for whatever reason please don't be put off by the horror stories. My "tenant from hell" was a one off and I've have many others who have been as good as gold. One was a keen gardener and (competant) DIYer and he left the house in way better shape than when he moved in. If anything went wrong, eg dripping tap, broken window, leaking dishwasher, he'd fix them for free and only charge for the parts he bought. Another guy worked long hours including weekends, often overseas, and probably only slept there once or twice a week. He was in hotel management so I never really understood why he didn't just grab a room at work but he was happy to pay the rent so...

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Nelsonsbattle
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Irishemigrant, I hope you invoice the Baliffs for two hours at your top charge out rate!!!!

We have two rental houses, and we rent them at below market rents in order to get/keep the best tennants. One lady has been in one for 5 or 6 years.

We've just had a change of tennants in the other house, the guy who left worked for a ventilation company so he installed a kitchen fan venting to the outside from over the stove before he left because it was something he thought the house needed.

So not all tennants are from hell, there's some gddies out there.

(TOUCH WOOD)

"tell you die, fuck you,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ooooooo" Samull the scammer on being burned
Safari (Samull's trip from Cotonou, Benin, to Lagos, Nigeria, to meet the lovely Steffy)
Mortar x3
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic