SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Fun with Scammers using Star Wars References

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
princess snowpea
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Our friend Charly, a music teacher in Arizona, had a spectacular run-in with a Nigerian Advance Fee Fraud Scammer. This exchange is hilarious and will delight Star Wars fans. I don't know if this scammer really understood what was going on...but thankfully we do.

Black=Nigerian Scammer
Blue=Charly
(Spellings, phrasing and line breaks were left in original form. Published with permission.)

Good day to you over there, I need a tutor for my son (larry) for themonth of JUNE,I got your advert while surfing through the internet andi really want my child to be taught by you.he is 19 year old andeasily catch up.Although,i understand you are in (U.S} but i'vearranged with my FRIEND ASSOCAITE living there that my son is coming tostay with him for his period of tutoring and he has agreed with me,i am based in switzerland kindly get back to me with......
1.YOUR CHARGE FOR AN HOUR....
2.TOTAL CHARGES FOR 1 MONTH THAT HE
WILL BE TAUGHT 3 TIMES PER WEEK..
3.FULL NAME AND ADDRESS....
4.YOUR PHONE NUMBER..."
don't hesitate to e-mail with your total charges.regardadams

----------------------------------------------------------------
Hello Adams,

I am happy to provide this service for your son Larry. However, before we proceed you need to understand that I do not accept any payments from or to Nigeria.

Let me know if this is a problem.

Best regards,

Charles

hello gorgan,
Thanks for your mail....well i want to know the price of the lesson.....
My name is Grogan, not gorgan. Perhaps you are confsing me with a "gorgon" which is a hideous ancient mythological creature with snakes instead of hair. I do have snakes but I don't keep them in my hair. And I'm not hideous. Well...not very.

Anyway, for payment I'll accept $2000, plus $15,000 when we reach Alderaan.

Hello Charles Grogan,
Thanks for your mail....well.....which price is $2000, plus $15,000 ,
explain to me...
waiting to heat from you soonest.
regard
adams.....
Hello Adams,

It depends on how far you want to go. If you want to stay only at Mos Eisley then $2000 will do fine. You could probably get that amount just by selling your land speeder. However, if you want to go all of the way to Alderaan then it will cost you an extra $15,000. The reason for the price difference is to avoid any imperial entanglements. Further, if Alderaan happens to be completely blown away and we are pulled via tractor beam into a space station then I will have a bad feeling about it. That will certainly cost you extra. First of all there is the termination fee for the princess. And then there is the dry cleaning fee if we happen to be stuck in a filthy trash compactor. Adding more to the cost is if our Jedi master happens to be struck down by Darth Vader or any other Lord of the Sith. Yes, I realize that in the event that the Jedi master is struck down he will become more powerful that you can imagine but that doesn't entirely compensate for the loss of companionship, etc.

On the other hand, if you are able to provide a replacement Jedi master, say in the Dagobah system, then I will consider that adequate compensation. I will need transit to that system, though, and preferably in a craft that does not sink in swampy areas. So, in summary, I believe that $2000 will be adequate and look forward to meeting your son Larry. One thing you should be aware of in advance is that he may need to be addressed with a different name in keeping with Jedi customs. I hope that this will not cause undue stress on yourself or your son. Keep in mind that he will receive the best training possible and at the end of the month will receive a discount on any light sabers that he may want to purchase.

Best regards,

Charles (A.K.A. Master Whoa-be-gone)

Hello Charles Grogan ,
Thanks for your reply......Well .......i want to stay at Mos Eisley which is $2000.i am not going to Alderaan and i will need your address information for sending the payment to you and i will want you to tell me when the lesson start.

waiting to read from you soonest.
regard
adams......
Dear Adams,

Please, it is preferable that you refer to me as Master Whoa-be-gone. You stated that Larry would be here for the month of June so the sooner the better, seeing that June has already started. First we need to take care of some details:

1. At the end of the month no more training will he require.

2. They let us go, it's the only explanation for the ease of our escape.

3. I will be giving Larry information vital to the survival of the rebellion. It is imperative that he guard this information with the utmost secrecy.

4. You must do what you feel is right, of course.

5. I can only take Larry as far as Anchorhead. From there he will have to get a transport to Mos Eisley.

6. He can waste time with his friends after his chores are done.

If these terms are amenable to you then send payment to:

Master Whoa-be-gone
1138 Tashi Station
Mos Eisley, AZ 100-100-1 SOS

Thank you, and may the farce be with you.

Hello Charles Grogan,
Thank you for the email, and more so i am glad the way you
have kept me posted on the (tutoring) and more so you have accepted
your offer and its okay by me, I will make contacts with my son
concerning the arrangement of the tutoring which he told me is ok by
him and i want you to know that i am going to pay for month which is
$2000. also i want you to know that my client who is in canada will be
sending you a check of $6,000 which i want you to know that the rest
of the money will be used to get accomodation beside your location
and any other arrangement for the lesson,as soon as you get the check
cash you will deduct cost of price of the lesson and send remaing
balance to my NANNY.

Regarding this kindly get back to me with your full information to
receive the check so that payment can be able to made out intime. hope
here is your address information :

Master Whoa-be-gone
1138 Tashi Station
Mos Eisley, AZ 100-100-1 SOS

add your phone number the address information.
regard
adams
Dear Adams,

You are probably the most stupid person I have ever met.

Good day to you.

Charles

hello charles,
Thanks for your mail.....you are not concerning with the money all
what you have to do is when you received the payment you will deduct
your money and the remaing money is larry to fined accommadation for
the lesson period.

waiting to hear goods news from you
regard
adams.....
Let me make myself clear:

1. Your name is NOT Adams Smith

2. You do NOT have a son named Larry.

3. You are a scammer.

4. I am NOT going to send money to a nanny.

5. Don't bother me any more.

Do you understand me now?

You're such an idiot.
Bomber Harris
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm pretty sure this could have carried on!
I liked the references - and felt very sad as I recognised most of them.

I once baited a lad dropping the names of British childrens TV characters and programs in as many times as I could.

How about a bait using Star Trek? (Or has it been done)

your stup!d got.die f*ck uuuuuu (What Fanta Branco thought of Barrister Akigbes' suggestion "Her" format was no good!)
I felt humiliated at the front of Money Gramme agent that a full reputation of me comes around at their office with fake information.(Dr Rev T3rry 4lbert)

Closed lad accounts X3, Closed lad accounts Vlad X3 United Kingdom
Kelpex
Master Baiter

Location: Riding my Kangaroo to work (now with a Koala backpack!)...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think you could have definitely had allot more fun with this lad!

-"You will be saved if only can keep this transaction secret"
-"I am much encourage by your great efforts to make this transaction successful"
SiteReaper
419Eater is my life

Location: Do not pass GO, Do not collect $200. ByeBye Bankity-Bank!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I agree. That one could have gone on for a long time. Love the references though!

your fund is no more here in our bank.~Mr. W@lter.

it is God that give me your contact email ~Mr. 3ke.

I will put on my base ball t-shirt today, coz i know you will write me...lol.-John @pender.

Thanks for your kindness. Unfortunately, we are not interested in your
cake, rather we need the document.-FBI
Spain United Kingdom Malaysia Netherlands United States Switzerland Nigeria Flag Pakistan Canada Ghana Burkina Faso Australia Benin Hong Kong X100+ and counting...
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was laughing so hard and loud that when my roommate came in from work she said, "OK, what bait are you reading now?" I told her about it, and she laughed as loud as I did.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
firehouse5
Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A bait can often go on a very long time despite being packed full of pop-culture references that go unnoticed by the scammer. this is often a very good way to get used to the way scammers communicate in their messages (notice how this one kept right on task as if all the info was real). sometimes you'll catch a lad who's aware of the pop culture stuff, but their reactions can be amusing as well. even if a scammer catches you on these references, you can often keep it going anyway. Even if he knows you are using fake info, he may still think you have a chance of paying him.

anyway, it was probably best that your friend ended this bait when he did, and in the way that he did, since the scammer contacted him through his real music teaching business. this is a good way to end a bait if the scammer has your real life info.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
SiteReaper
419Eater is my life

Location: Do not pass GO, Do not collect $200. ByeBye Bankity-Bank!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
Of course I agree about the real info stuff. Good idea to end it there when that is invovled. But it would be great to get this same screen going for one that doesnt have anything on you.

your fund is no more here in our bank.~Mr. W@lter.

it is God that give me your contact email ~Mr. 3ke.

I will put on my base ball t-shirt today, coz i know you will write me...lol.-John @pender.

Thanks for your kindness. Unfortunately, we are not interested in your
cake, rather we need the document.-FBI
Spain United Kingdom Malaysia Netherlands United States Switzerland Nigeria Flag Pakistan Canada Ghana Burkina Faso Australia Benin Hong Kong X100+ and counting...
FresnoBeeDude
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 11:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'll admit I never seen Star Wars, but I was laughing quite a bit at this, this definitely could have gone on. Someone mentioned pop culture, 2 years ago I published a bait, utilizing all the names of Beatles songs (and then some). If bored, check it out. Don't necro (meaning don't respond in the ad) as the mods here will get excited.

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73300&highlight=beatlesbait

Even if your not a Beatles fan, anyone should be aware of any of their hit songs. How this went on, I never knew. Recently when I showed this to friends at work, someone pointed out that originally in the bait I claimed to be Jewish, then I turned Christian. I hadn't thought about that back then, hilarious stuff nonetheless

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic