SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

New- Need Help Baiters- Big time love scam

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
sosad
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi
I am brand new to the board. I have an awful story and need help and baiters to pick up a scammmer who almost ruined my life.
I have been involved with a guy for 10 years. This past May we had a fight (about his inability to commit) and the jerk had a break down and went on line looking for someone (first and last time). He is a surgeon and was an easy mark. Within days of posting a profile on an online dating site he was picked up by a con artist. She wanted nothing more then to IM, call, meet, have sex. She portrayed herself as an extremely wealthy businesswoman who had made millions in real estate. Here is snap shot of the con
SHe claimed she was married to another doctor but their child died and they could not make it. Since he loved her dearly he left her millions and millions of dollars in the divorce settlement which she parlayed into many more via real estate and business deals. She has lived virtually all over the country and in 2000-2001 she met husband number 2 while on the 'net' as she was looking for business opportunities. She also claimed that hubby #2 was a scam artist who ended up robbing her of 5 (five) Million dollars, which she is hoping to get back very soon via another real estate deal
She also claimed that she knew Medical Practices and could "grow a practice into millions in months provided he gave her is Insurance Numbers". She said after she left hubby #2 she found a job as an "office manage" in a high class uptown dental practice which she converted from a 20K/month business into a 140K/month practice. She also ended up sleeping with this dentist who got divorced and bought her an apartment.
At the time she met my BF she was trolling the internet because the dentist was "buying her out of their apartment'. She claimed that she bought a new place for all cash. It got sticky soon after as she began to
then ask my BF to a) Move in with her; b) help out a bit with the maintainance until the upstate deal came in c) allow her to "run" his practice. She also admitted that she has a keylogger on the dentists computer and I know for a fact that she is mascarading as him and answering for him. I even have emails from her where she is playing the dentist. She is very bad news and almost ruined my life.
The details of this are alot but basically she is a con who works multiple dating sites looking for marks, mostly doctors or men with businesses and alot of money.
She also claims to have owned a fleet of benz's and millions of dollars in jewlry which she somehow lost and needs to get back.
I really need to bait her if possible as I need to keep her at bay hoping she doesnt come back to (by now) stupid BF who is only partially aware he was being scammed.
Please PM me if you are interested. As I said she is on multiple sites and will respond to profiles if they represent what she is looking for.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 7:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome here although the circumstances could be better. I'm sorry to hear this story, but it fires my baiting machine too. Evil or Very Mad
Best thing for your friend to do is report this at the scamwarners.com site (Top of this page) and tell your/his story there, they know what to do and how to end this once and forever for your friend as she(if it is a she) will see him as an easy victim and will try again under different names with different stories.
Once he is safe, we'll jump in there and see if we can help to make her/his life miserable. Twisted Evil
Welcome and if....., it's not hard, we have a interesting, educational, addicting new hobby for you, report for a Mentor and read lots.
We'll see if you have time for it.
Thanks for sharing
Bill2

EDIT: by reporting it to scamwarners you help other people not to make the same mistake. It's all so clear to us, but we do understand how these things can happen to people, no need for shame, just s#!77! luck Rolling Eyes

Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater, sosad, and I am really sorry it is under such upsetting circumstances. Sad

Bill's advice is sound - Scamwarners is the place to go for some support, whereas we deal with the baiting side of things. If your partner is willing to supply some details, and more information about the scammer and her scams, we can certainly do what we can to distract her from any more genuine victims. Not to doubt you for a moment, but I should add that we have a general principle of baiting only where we can verify that ther's a scam running. Some of the people here can do real damage, so we like to make sure their targets are legitimate ones. Smile

The first step, though, is to make sure that you and your partner are supported, and Scamwarners will definitely help you with that. Have you also looked at reporting this to your local police and/or getting them to put you in touch with your local victim support services?

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sosad, you are also going to need a bit of proof, even before you or your bf post on Scamwarners. It is not a scam for any individual to be on several dating sites. Likewise it is not a scam if an individual has more than one online relationship in progress.

It IS a scam if the said individual misrepresents their identity and location with intent to defraud. It is a scam if the same individual takes money for purposes other than what they've disclosed. Furthermore, the reason scammers are so prolific in the love scam business is because it is not illegal to pretend to love someone and it is not illegal to ask for money.

You'll need to ascertain and be able to prove this woman is in fact a scammer before you can do much even on scamwarners. You must understand that we are exceptionally cautious when baiting potential scammers because any disgruntled ex or otherwise could possibly set up another to be victimized unknowingly by a baiter.

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This sounds like a sad and complicated story and I'm sorry this woman has caused you so much distress. She's obviously a prolific con artist preying on vulnerable men but I'm not entirely clear how she actually scams, ie obtains money under false pretences, from her 'victims'. Are they merely providing her with a job running their practices and a roof over her head in exchange for 'favours'? If so, it's the oldest story in the book unfortunately and while it may be immoral, it's not illegal. Did she actually defraud any money from your ex/bf or did she just steal his heart (and his common sense by the sound of it). It sounds like she has plenty of cash at her disposal from time to time. I wonder if she tells the IRS about it? Just a thought. And if she's obtaining that cash illegally then of course the police will be interested too.

By all means post your experience at ScamWarners.com and I'm sure the experts there will be able to give you support and advice on how to proceed.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
sosad
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In answer to your questions
I have an email from her where she is mascarading as the dentist who she was living with. I tried to email him about a month ago and within minutes she texted my BF saying that the dentist wanted to be left alone. It was then that BF admitted that she had placed a keylogger on dentist and was also using his identity.
As for law enforcement about 2 weeks ago, BF got a message from apple saying someone was trying to hack into his account. We called the local DA and made a report, Unfortunately at the time the asst DA felt the real complaintaint was the dentist, who remains unaware of the identity theft
I do have the email from her where she portrayed him. Can we trace the IP address to her. what can we do to catch her once and for all.
Ive also got some tapes and emails by her discussing her millions of dollars and how she has been a victim of circumstances. Does this constitute sufficient proof.
I will go to scam warners but I am unsure of what I am supposed to do there. Right now ICP and the county DA are still investigating and I dont want to do anything to damage it

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi sosad, and welcome here.

I'm really sorry to hear about your circumstances. It definitely sounds like this person has been a con artists in your lives. It doesn't, however, sound like it was fraud? Did your boyfriend send her money? Did she ask for money? Without knowing some of those pieces, I'm not certain that what has happened to you is the type of thing we deal with here, which is advance fee fraud and romance scammers.

Regarding Scamwarners, it is a victim education and support site. If you join the forum there, you can post details about the person, their profile, email address, etc. and the scam warners and advisors will help you find links to where this person may be scamming others, if that is indeed the case.
Additionally, the details there will be searchable if this person tries to scam others; potential victims will be able to find your story.

Good Luck!

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you have filed a police report about this person and the cops/DA are investigating it's probably best to let them deal with it. If you try to do your own detective work it might compromise those investigations and this woman won't be brought to justice, if indeed she has broken the law in the first place. As oldbaglady says upthread, lying isn't illegal Crying or Very sad

If you want more help from ScamWarners then just copy/paste your posts here along with any other information you have and they will do their best to help you.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
sosad
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

In answer to follow up questions
Yes she finally asked him for money; tried to give him a key and asked for him to "help out with apartment costs until her upstate deal came in", but no he did not give her any
she also asked for jewelry- said another person conned her out of about a million in very expensive jewelry which she needed to have replaced
She also asked for his NPIN number and to "run" his medical practice which would allow her access into medicare and other insurance payers
He left pretty fast afterwards and ofcourse ran back to me

As far as law enforcement, despite the hacking attempt they said the current mark is the dentist and not BF because he got out before he gave her anything. So we need the dentist to come forward. Unfortunately the dentist does not know about the keylogger she has on or the fact that she took his passwords, etc.. So yes there is law enforcement but I am unsure what if anything will come of it

Im going to register on scamwarners but again I dont want to compromise anything. Am I being premature here. I really think she should be locked up
BTW- I myself baited her and have tons of ridiculous emails with the espousing her unbelievable talents and business abilities.
Any further advice is greatly appreciated
this is very hard stuff

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Part of an email. Bare in mind she works as a secretary in the office of the dentist she picked up and was sleeping/living with when she met my BF.
Dear xxx

As for my work, in a nutshell. I had an anesthesiology consulting company for awhile and sold it. I then worked in commercial real estate upstate NY around the New Windsor area, which I still am finishing up a project there. I currently work for one dentist as his office manager in Manhattan in Washington Heights. The way it started out is me being hired for as his consultant and it progressed from there. I basically took his business from 25K a month to over 130-140K a month in less than one year by implementing systems that needed to be in place. I'm like the commercial on t.v. that says, "I don't make the grass green, I make it greener". I set up my salary in his office to where I have a base pay, plus bonuses, plus a percentage of his business. In other words I am paid to produce....that is what motivates me. The hours I work can be long, but I love my job. I love the people who are our patients. It is chimpanzee labor, "yes"...but right now I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. So I do work in the city 3-4 days a week and moniter the schedule (I call it air traffic control) via the internet and phone at other times.

I noticed you changed your profile and I am glad that you did that as you would be unindated by gold-diggers. You need a person to love you for you, not for what they may think they can get from you.

Norm learn to believe in people again. There is good and bad in everything. People and emotions have been the same for centuries. This venue and form of technology i.e. internet can take dysfuntional to a whole new level. Trust me I know. But having said that, I still believe in the good of people and that there are good people out there.

Write back and we can laugh and cry, smile and raise eyebrows as this unfolds.

Take Care,

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm not sure I am following this completely. Has he met this woman in person, or has this been all online correspondence?

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

To make things simple I'll PM you an email address and you can forward all remaining emails to me so I can see where and what.
Don't worry, nothing will appear here (or anywhere else) online and I only share relevant info with moderators when I get stuck and need help figuring it out. Secrets are safe and RL info never copied.
If you don't trust me, that's okay too, pm them then to a moderator with the full headers please. Moderators will jump in here when they don't agree I'm sure. Wink

I reported myself and wait with the PM until I have approval from the brass here

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bill2: I appreciate your willingness to help, as I'm sure sosad does as well, but I think this would be better handled by a moderator until we're more clear if this is an in-person con or internet fraud.

Sosad: Please PM more information regarding this to a moderator so that we can figure out how to further help you.

edited: typo

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011

Last edited by Ima Baeder on Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Ima ^ fingers go faster than brain again Laughing

Sosad I leave you in good hands here.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

she started out as an internet dating pick up but proceeded to actually meet him, have a relationship and try and scam him
Its all hideous.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Given that, I would suggest you try to work through your local law enforcement before considering any kind of baiting activities. Law enforcement officials are nearly powerless over typical romance scammers who operate out of countries that are outside of their jurisdictions and run by governments that largely ignore internet crime. Your situation sounds entirely different.

Does your BF recognize that this person is a con artist?

sosad
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes
I think so, its kinda hard not too
but one never knows what will happen next
I sent a PM and need alot of help
with this.
She has lived in 22 states and picks up men all over the internet
the story is unreal

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

across border criminal, FBI might want to listen to you now.
Google her name(s) and part of her emails, you might find more victims of her and can build a case.
Now it's RL and we are not really used to handle that here, but we can help out with internet stuff. As said above, collect data and inform local police, they will help and tell you what they need to convict this nice girl Evil or Very Mad

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

sosad wrote:
I sent a PM and need alot of help
with this.

To me? I didn't get anything.

Quote:
the story is unreal

Perhaps, but unfortunately, it is not uncommon. Take this as advice from some random person on the internet, and not a law enforcement official, but I would suggest you contact your local police. Your boy friend may have to be the one to report it, since he is the victim. If they cannot help you directly, they can tell you where to go next. As Bill2 said, if she is working across state lines, the FBI is probably the correct agency to investigate this.

Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sosad has sent me a PM with some information and I am trying to help her sort this.

Reporting to local law enforcement is the best route here, in my opinion.

sosad
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 8:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

as I said the local DA said that since there was no 'damage" to BF he cannot be the complaintant although he did speak with them
They said they need the dentist who doesnt know she has stolen his identity
if any mod wants to see her as the dentist, I have the emails and can PM them
but I have no clue how to check IP addresses

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sosad: I have PMed you again.

I am very sorry for the situation you are in, but the fact is that the woman you are describing is not the type of scam that we deal with here. The scammers we deal with are hiding behind fake names and profiles, committing fraud. The person you have described appears to be a local con artist.

I wish you the best of luck in dealing with this, but the members of 419Eater will not be baiting this woman.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic