SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Anyone want to help on craigslist?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Revn
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am in Vegas and our motorcycle CL section is infested by a guy posting all sorts of cheap bikes that are of course out of the country. He is a known scammer as he tried to scam a local rider just a few days ago.

Anyway if anyone wants to help here are a few email addys he is using.

[email protected]
[email protected]
[email protected]

BTW Sgt Martin Hermann is advertising a 2006 Goldwing Trike for $5000
Bullock is advertising a 2003 Harley Fatboy custom for $4800
and anderson is advertising a 2004 Harley touring for $3000

All are posted in vegas CL right now. All are in "perfect" condition.

Thanks and please keep me updated if anyone goes for it.

Also I wasnt sure whether to post this here or in surplus so let me know.
Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ the mods--I checked and verified that these are all scammer email addresses. Smile

@ Revn--this reeks of Romanian escrow scam to me. The scammer might have a fake escrow website set up as well. I'll write to him and see about getting one of those new bikes at a ridiculously low price. Very Happy

aa419.org --dead a fake site today.

No, Akai, you're a wonderful bitch. --Reaper
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

First Welcome Revn,
I'm an old fart with too much spare time and think we can help you, but after a few years of baiting I'm always a bit careful to believe what I read. We had some bad experiences with people trying to let us do the dirty work just to get even with a former friend/hubby/girlfriend/etc. That thought me to check the story first before maybe harming an innocent person.
So for now, your best action is with CL itself, they can ban his IP# and the email you mentioned above. Your friend who got scammed could have RL info on the scammer, like phone# or address,(could be a mule too) I'll try to get smart this weekend and report back on Monday or so.
Have a great weekend

Edit: That Chuck Norris is getting faster with age Laughing
Tell me about it Akai Ryu, I need a new bike too.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

~ Akai Ryu,

Cool. How do you verify that the emails are scammer ones? I found out because he tired to scam one of our local motorcycle club members, but if there is a quicker way to spot these (besides the obvious too good to be true prices) that would be most helpful.

Thanks
Revn
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Some more info from the guy he tried to scam./

The guys says he is going to have it shipped by the airforce so there is no extra shipping costs. Then the transaction will be handled by ebay, and ebay will hold the money in escrow until you decide whether you want to keep the bike or not. There was also a fake ebay page or something but I dont have a copy of that. I will try to get it from him tonight.

EDIT, this thread contains all the info you should need. This is not the guy from vegas but it is the SAME situation.

http://www.kawiforums.com/showthread.php?t=118068

Thanks again guys! You are the best!
Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Revn, what I did to check if these email addresses were indeed scammer addresses, I ran them first through Google. If that wouldn't have found anything, there are other places to check. But Google of the addresses themselves found a crapload of scam Craigslist listings and some of the crap ads spammed elsewhere (with links to the scam ads, so I didn't need to do any further checking this time. Many of the ads were already flagged for removal, but there were still a few live ads that need more flagging to get them taken down.

Thanks for bringing this to attention here, these scammers are truly scum, and these types of scammers that use escrow fraud have done a great deal of damage, so much so that sometimes even a legitimate service feels the best thing to do is to shut down:

http://buyerguardian.com/

Evil or Very Mad So scammers like these deserve an extra dose of abuse.

aa419.org --dead a fake site today.

No, Akai, you're a wonderful bitch. --Reaper
Newdonym
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

~ Revn,

It's one of the rules we have here, you shouldn't post email addresses or phone numbers with out the accompanying scam email/web page. It helps prevent people giving us their enemies info for a bit of a joke. We all get the same scam emails so it's easy to verify if the have been tampered with.

Akai Ryu probably just googled your addies and saw that they are on many "This is a scam" type pages and saw his post on CL are pretty obvious scams. You may want to do this when you do business, also google phone numbers, names, etc. Don't get their email shutdown though as it stops this technique working.
Also, take CL's advice "Beware any deal involving Western Union, Moneygram, wire transfer, cashier check, money order, shipping, escrow, or any promise of transaction protection/certification/guarantee."
If you do need to use an escrow, make sure it is a legit one and find the website yourself. Don't follow their links to it. Also, verify that any email you receive from the escrow company are real by going to their site and checking your account.

Edit: ^^ Damn that's a speedy typist.
Stoopy
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Revn, hi folks!

Longtime lurker and now New User here...will make it quick, name's Stoopy, put 'er there, fellow Mo'cyclists. I've been reading that Chad safari bait thread for about 3 or 4 months now...amazing!

I also ride and peruse CL quite a bit and now have "sgt andrew bullock stationed in the UK" also trying to sell me that same '03 Fatboy (why, the nerve!) Very Happy

All I did was write to him as a favor to another rider to tell him he had a typo in his ad since it's about 10K too low on the price at least....how obvious is that? I wasn't thinking scam at all, but now the email are coming in with "instructions".

Then I aaw this thread and it seemed like a sign from the gods to finally sign up here. I've never baited anyone before and don't know how it's done at this level...but this person does P!ss me off for impersonating a US soldier. I'm all ears on what I should do now...currently I'm wasting his time ignoring his instructions on how to deposit the money on ebay, and asking stupid questions about the tires and "is it that newfangled belt drive or the trusty old chain?" Laughing

Oh and by the way same price and almost same bike is in another CL scam ad here:
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/nva/mcy/827691728.html

...I just wrote that person and asked how much air pressure they run in the front and rear tires. I'm sure I'll hear all about the shipping and payment options too.... Rolling Eyes

Our area CL has been relatively free of this junk until lately.
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@stoopy-if you are using anything that has not been set up specifically for baiting (with 110% fake info) then walk away. That includes any email accounts, phone numbers, addresses etc.

We practice safe baiting-as these are criminals and they have associates in many countries around the world.

You may wanna read this after you've read that (twice) sign up for a mentor here then have a look in the surplus section for your very own lad. Any questions ask in the help, hints & tips thread.

Oh and in the various forums-located at the top are 'stickies' these contain extremely useful info and are well worth reading, yep you guessed it-twice.

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
Stoopy
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OK will do - thank you!
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 3:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sloopy,

If you are really ticked at this same guy and want to bait him in particular, you probably still can.

Open up your new email account, with fake details, everything else.
Then google for his name, email addy, or the text from his ads.
Find another ad of his (doesn't matter what the ad is for, better if it is a different item and a different city/area).
Respond to his ad from your anonymous address. If the ad is for another motorcycle, just be careful not to ask the same questions.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic