SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Victor loves Emi1y - PAGING 5IMBA 5AFARI GROUP PLEASE

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 4:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

He hasn't given me a phone number yet because I have told him my grandson dropped my phone in the toilet. I bought a Tracphone on Saturday, but I have to figure out how to get it charged and registered - so far I haven't been able to figure out which way the battery goes in.

I may have to ask the assistance of someone with normal sight Sad

And then I'll have to ask someone to look at the Caller ID after he calls.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
amerdos
Began Steele's Bitch

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi

He is using a standard - banned IP's - 208.78.59.198

Quote:
Scammer Net Range! (ID: 9064)
IP Block 208.78.56.0 - 208.78.63.255
Country CANADA
Comments
Abuse Email

Hableme el unico del mundo, digame: Como te hace ese sonido, tan glorioso, que aun hora con anticipacion de el, me ha reducio a un bestia, gruendo, entusiomandose y paliptando
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Does that mean that it is an IP known to be used by scammers?

And a lad in Canada (note, not a Canadian lad - he's definitely not fluent in English) would explain the odd hours he seems to keep. But is it more likely that he will try to go to Amherst to see if Emily is real?

Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 12:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think you have a Canadian lad...

Apelord says Nigeria,

ip-address.com says

Location of the IP address
208.78.59.198:
Akure in Nigeria.

Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 1:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

208.78.59.198 is a Canadian Company - Juch-Tech Inc.

However they own, and provide the service for, F.O.B. Sky Africa Inc.

and:
Quote:
F.O.B.SKY offers two way Internet over satellite using ViaSat LinkStar hub. Using our own teleport and tier 1 Internet connection highly reliable and cross-strapped beem with Ku spot in West Africa, services cover dedicated and shared needs of ISP’s, Internet cafe’s, enterprises, educational and government users.

Quote:
F.O.B SKY, based at the Juch-Tech Inc Hamilton Teleport in Ontario, Canada, are offering two-way internet over satellite using a ViaSat LinkStar hub, since October 2005..

The terrestrial internet backbone for the Teleport is a tier 1 connection.

Over the Atlantic, using the Intelsat 907 satellite at 332.5E, 27.5W, longitude, a pair of transponders, one in each direction, are cross strapped so that the West Africa customer end is a really high power and high sensitivity Ku band spot beam pointed as shown by the beam contours in the coverage map on the right.

The Ku band spot, centred on Togo and Benin, covers all West African countries from Sierra Leone to Gabon and provides either dedicated or shared bit rate capacity for the needs of ISP’s, internet café’s, enterprises, educational and government users.

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
amerdos
Began Steele's Bitch

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Titania

Your lad likes to show off - he will change his IP regularly, I have IP's from the four corners of the world.

He use's this IP for two reasons - Firstly so you can not trace him. Secondly he needs to set up profiles on dating websites, if he employees a Nigerian IP with a Canadian user profile then he should be banned from the site.

Hableme el unico del mundo, digame: Como te hace ese sonido, tan glorioso, que aun hora con anticipacion de el, me ha reducio a un bestia, gruendo, entusiomandose y paliptando
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 2:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, Canada or Nigeria, he's a lying scammer. He claims to be in Nyack, NY. When I innocently asked him for the name of his ISP, he took a few minutes before responding with "Netrider Service" - don't know how he came up with that, but it's a US-only provider.

I don't even pretend to understand all that stuff about the IP address, but it appears to be saying that he is in Africa, using an IP that resolves to Canada? Confused

lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 4:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes. From what BB posted it appears that it's a Canadian ISP (Internet Service Provider), that also owns FOB Sky Africa, that provides services to Nigeria.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, wherever he really is, he claims to be on the way to London (with his daughter). He said he was leaving at 9 am. Do flights from JFK to London leave in the morning? I thought they left at night so you arrive in the morning. (I'm not going to bring that up, though.)

Mostly we have been chatting in IM. The chats are very boring, and I multi-task - writing emails to other lads and reading 419eater. The bulk of our chats consists of him telling me how much he loves me, asking after my cat Confused, and trying to get me to say I'll give him everything of mine. It isn't very hard to sidestep the attempts - I either change the subject or answer in a manner that clearly indicates that no wedding yet = no money yet. At least it indicates so to me. He apparently takes it as he wants to read it.

He has attempted twice to chat with me as his 15-year-old daughter. A teenage girl he is not. He can't keep it up for long and turns me back over to the dad. Last time "she" asked me for an iPod. I told "her" that when she came to live with me she'd have all kinds of good things, including a whole bedroom-sitting room-bathroom suite.

He has also tried to get me to tell him what my income is. I gave him a rough estimate (about $3000 a week - I charge $100 an hour for my services). Yesterday I told him I was doing my month-end accounting and sending out invoices, and he asked me what the invoices totaled. I got all indignant and told him he wouldn't know that kind of information until after we were legally and formally married. The nerve of the guy!

I fully expect this trip to London to either end in disaster or lead to a further trip to Africa - and then end in disaster. He claims to be taking $40,000 with him to seal a contract. I didn't ask him what he needed that for, as the contract is supposed to be for him to supply goods for the London firm. I'm just sitting back and waiting to see what happens to that money. Of course, I expect the presence of his daughter will complicate things further.

This is so much fun - watching the machinations of a scammer at work. And diverting him at every opportunity.

Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I know most baiters are overjoyed to see the IP address change to indicate that their lad has safari'd. But I'm ecstatic to see that Victor's IP has NOT changed, even though he says he has flown from NY to London. He is still wherever he has been since we started emailing one another.

I have not logged into my chat program because I wanted him to send me an email. And, lo and behold, there it was this afternoon! jump_4_joy

Victor is in London, but the scammer using the name Victor is still at his internet cafe in wherever.

Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I haven't been posting emails and chats on Victor because they are really boring. I think he chats with several women at a time, because there are long pauses between his input.

But this email I got this morning just made me laugh. He goes to a love-letter site and copies and pastes a letter that looks good in the first paragraph. But he doesn't read the whole thing. They're all a little "off" but this one -- see the bolded sentence -- takes the cake.

Quote:
Honey, you have changed my life completely. You're the one who makes me beautiful. You're the one who makes me strong. You're the one who makes me feel so important; you're everything to me.
You show your love to me every day. I thank God that I have found a woman like you. Please forgive me for not giving you enough time to chat with me, but I promise I will make up for it once we are together.
All that I can offer you is a family. I can offer you a family that will stick together through the good and the bad. I can offer you a family that will support each other every day. Honey, that's all I can give...I hope that’s what you want.I really wish that you were near me. I wish that I could just call your name when I needed you and that you would be there. However, knowing that you love me so much is enough for now, and if I can be your wife and a mother to your children, then I would wait forever to be with you. You're the only one that I want.i love you so much.

Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The latest chat with Victor, who claims to be in London but will be going to Nigeria on Saturday.

Quote:
Lad: hello
Me: Hello, my love
Lad: how are you doing my wife?
Lad: i just send you message that im online
Me: I am well, and you?
Lad: Thank god ..everything well with me and kelly
Me: I'm so glad to hear that.
Lad: how is work to day my wife?
Me: It was fine. Not as busy as I thought it would be.
Lad: that is good ...do you get the message that i send you this morning my wife?
Me: What did you and Kelly do today?
Me: Yes, I got your message, and a very sweet message it is. Thank you, my love
Lad: nothing special special my wife every where is full of storm here [He must have checked the weather report for London – it did say rain]
Me: Oh, I'm sorry to hear that.
Lad: is okay my wife..........what do you do today? do you the massage i send you my wife
Me: Yes, dear, I got the message.
Lad: i send you message this morning when i wake up from bed
Me: I worked, and -- I GOT MY PHONE!! [He’s been bugging me to get a phone, and I finally got a cheap throwaway]
Lad: ohh really?
Lad: that is great
Lad: im happy to hear that you got your phone
Me: Yes. I insisted that they take the phone back and give me my money back, and then I went to a different store and got one that works.
Lad: that god
Lad: have you activate the phone?
Lad: can you call out ?
Me: Yes, I have.
Me: I can't do international calling, though.
Me: It's a cheap phone.
Lad: well you can get calling credit so that you will beable to call international okay
Me: I don't know if the phone is able to do that.
Lad: trying it okay?
Lad: it will call out
Me: It will call out within the US, but not an international number.
Me: I never call international numbers, so I bought a phone that doesn't do that.
Lad: you can call international but you have to get the credit that will call international call
Me: Dear, I don't think the service I have will let me do that. [And I’m darned if I’m gonna spend money on an international call to a scammer]
Lad: okay .........do you try to call me now?
Me: No, dear. I can't
Lad: can you trying now ?
Me: No, Victor. I can't do it. [How dense is this lad?]
Lad: why?
Me: I have told you.
Lad: well can i have your phone number maybe i will try to call you
Me: xxx-xxx-xxxx
Me: I don't know the country code for US
Lad: okay
Lad: never mind
Lad: are you there my wife?
Me: Yes, I'm here
Lad: how is molly ? [He always asks after the cat]
Me: fine
Lad: what are you doing?
Lad: hello
Me: My phone rang, but there was no one there
Lad: ohh let me call you now

A short phone call, in which he said his credits were almost out.

Quote:
Lad: ohh what lovely voice
Me: Oh, how wonderful to hear you!
Lad: i love you everything in you including your voice you are special to me
Lad: really?
Me: Oh, your voice was so sweet and warm.
Lad: i love you so much
Me: It was almost like having you touch me.
Me: Yes - it flowed over me like warm syrup.
Me: It filled me with joy.
Lad: wow
Me: Yes, I can imagine my home echoing to the sound of that voice.
Lad: i wish i should have much credit to talk to more on phone
Me: Oh, so do I!
Lad: you mean?
Me: I mean I wish we had had more time on the phone.
Lad: that is great ny wife
Me: I will dream of your voice. [Nightmares]
Me: Oh, yes!
Lad: and me too
Me: Oh, you are even more real to me than ever!
Me: Yes. I had your picture, and I had your words. Now I have your voice.
Me: All I need now is your touch.

There followed a session of idle chit-chat, and then:

Quote:
Lad: will are making arrangment to travel to african on saturday.....
Me: Where in Africa will you be going?
Lad: i wish you are here wit us so that will can go tigether
Me: Oh, I wish that, too.
Lad: have you been west african before?
Lad: nigeria
Me: Maybe I could join you there after your business is complete
Me: I've never been to Africa.
Lad: ohh i can remember you told me that you have not travel to african before
Me: My friend and her husband spent their honeymoon in a lovely safari camp in Africa.
Me: I think it was in Cameroun, but the group has camps in several areas of Africa.
Lad: ohh that great one will go there for honeymoon
Me: Yes. The camps are very luxurious.
Lad: i will like you and i trvel to south african with kelly
Me: That would be nice, too.
Lad: i will like to visit south african .....when i get back to state ..with you and kelly to spend out honeymoon
Me: Yes, let's do that!
Lad: that is great idear i suggest
Me: Yes. I've heard South Africa is lovely
Me: I have a friend who went to Cape Town. She showed me pictures.
Lad: and me too 2010 word cup will be hold there
Me: Ah! Now I know why you want to go there!
Lad: i heard alot of story about south african how cool is it
Lad: why?
Lad: lol
Me: You must be a big soccer fan.
Lad: i love soccer .............do you?
Me: I haven't seen it much. My children weren't very athletic.
Me: But children all around are playing it a lot now.
Lad: ohh
Me: It's getting quite popular in the US now.
Lad: i will like to introduce you to soccer when im with you my wife
Me: Especially since David Beckham came to Los Angeles.
Lad: yes.........
Me: I do enjoy a good baseball game, though.
Me: Especially the Red Sox. [Now, that was hard for a die-hard Angels fan to type]
Lad: i support team from uk here
Me: Which one?
Lad: like chelsea fc
Lad: do you know the team calling chelsea my wife
Me: The only one I know of, I'm afraid, is Manchester United, and only because it was in the news when Becks came over
Lad: yes that is fomer team that past true before he come to dallas [Dallas?]
Me: Didn't he go to Los Angeles?
Me: I believe the team name is the Galaxy.
Me: It was all over the news - that's why I know it.
Me: The women all like him, and the men all like his wife.
Lad: do you like him too lol
Me: Oh, he's good-looking, but much too young for my taste.
Me: And a little too arrogant. [Sorry, Becks]

After long swatches of copy-and-paste drivel, I got bored.

Quote:
Me: Dearest, my son just called me (on my new phone!), and he and his family are coming over for supper.
Me: They will be here in a few minutes.
Lad: okay
Me: I have loved this time with you.
Me: And I'm so happy I could hear your voice
Me: I love you, my dearest.
Lad: im so happy to my wife
Lad: too
Me: And it must be very late for you.
Lad: i love you too
Me: Sweet dreams, my darling.
Lad: i wish you can call me when you get to work tomorrow
Me: I will dream of you and your wonderful voice.
Me: Dear - I can't
Me: I have told you.
Me: Good night, Victor
Lad: i know
Lad: i will call you when im online tomorrow okay
Me: All right, darling.
Me: Until tomorrow.
Me: Hugs and kisses.
Lad: you are welcome my wife
Me: And I will pray for you and Kelly.
Lad: i love you
Lad: i will pray for you too you are always in my dream and in my thought
Me: Good night, dear [And I turned the messenger off quickly before he could send anything else]

Scarlett
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 12:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Titania,
I love your humor. I crack up at your little notes.

Do I detect a hint of travel soon?

Safari AM STILL AT THE AIRPORT WAITING AND DYING
OOOOOO.... A1ex (thanks to Red & 5imba for 5SC)
Safari Abuja to Bauchi -am just like a notives down here walking up and down from one street to another…A1ex (thanks to 5imba & Red for their help)
Safari Ogun Sagamu to Abuja -A1ex
Safari (Group Effort) 0 Ch1d1nma: Lagos to Cotonou - "u told me not to bring money down which i didnt"
Safari Joint safari with OxygenDeprived

Closed lad accounts

Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony pony Mortar x2
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 1:55 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This has been so much fun to follow, Titania Laughing

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I was talking to a friend on the phone last evening. She asked me how I was getting on with my scammers. I told her about Victor, and I said, “I will make a prediction. He says he is in Nigeria on business and has his daughter with him. She is in the hospital with malaria. Tomorrow he will tell me he needs money for her care.”

Am I psychic or what?

Quote:
what is the available time to talk to me when you finish wrking my wife? something is bother my heart that i need to tell you about kelly .she is not in good mood . the hospital refuse to gave good treatment becos i didn`t have money to balance them .and i have invest my money on this business and pay for hotel bill and feedings money ...the hospital charge me $2,500 all i have with me is 1900 i dont know how to sort them the rset of the money ,i wish you are here to texplain better to you my wife .and i dont want my baby to die she is the only gold daughter that i have .i love you so much my wife.

Well, I’m not going to just send him money right off the bat! There are avenues he must try first. And believe me, his first excuse is not going to be good enough. Fortunately (for me, anyway), when he calls me the connection (and his accent) are so bad I can barely understand him, so he has to do all this in chat and emails (which gives me a chance to think before I answer).

Quote:
Victor, dearest,

That news makes me very angry! How could a doctor or hospital refuse to treat someone? Don't they take the Hippocratic Oath over there? How horrible!

Darling, have you gone to the US Embassy? They can help US citizens who are in difficulty like yours. If Kelly was born in the US, she is a US citizen. Besides, she is a minor child, and the Embassy must help her.

Do get on to them and let me know what they say.

I am so worried and angry! My little girl - ill and afraid in a strange land!

I am sorry that I will be unavailable for chat this evening. I have a class to teach, and it usually runs very late. And tomorrow morning I have a breakfast meeting very early and may not be available until noon. I will come online as soon as I can tomorrow.

I love you both and will pray for you constantly,
Emily

Scarlett
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Titania,
Don't you just love how when they travel they are always short on funds. Evil or Very Mad

I look forward to hearing his excuse for not being able to get help from the embassy.

Safari Abuja to Bauchi -am just like a notives down here walking up and down from one street to another…A1ex (thanks to 5imba & Red for their help)
Safari (Group Effort) 0 Ch1d1nma: Lagos to Cotonou - "u told me not to bring money down which i didnt"

Closed lad accounts

pony pony Mortar x2
weareborg
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 12, 2008 6:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Con-gratulations on your forth coming nuptials. I,m sure you both will be very happy, NOT

Now's the time to tell him what you will need for the wedding. make up a nice list, Dress Shoes, Handbag, Hat, Gloves, etc, etc. and ask him if he wants to make you really happy, would he like to contribute to the cost.
Ask where he plans to take you for the honeymoon, Ask if he has a current passport, as Paris is wonderful this time of year. Tell him that would make you really happy, and very appreciative.

Use it like a carrot, on a pole , held in front of a donkey, Which is more or less correct.

And when your ready to dump him , just tell him about your 5 elder brothers Wink Wink

Resistance is futile
assimilation is paramount
Why am I such an evil bastard, Mum said I take after my father

My mum to betray to you huge hi,
You have changed my world and you makes me so Un-happy! Everyone around me can see that!
I wished to eat.... Has opened a refrigerator... But, in it it is empty.... Now I am compelled to go to shop...
To my girlfriend 30 years yesterday were executed, and was very cheerful.sounds like a dead party
Honey I understand all our complexities in our meeting! We should overcome them!!! Please,
do not look back, only forward!!! We together will pass fire, water and copper pipes SHIT not the copper pipes
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Emily is une femme formidable. I overwhelmed Victor and overrode all of his objections, and will contact the American Ambassador to Nigeria.

Quote:
Lad: hi baby
Me: Oh, sweetheart!
Me: I'm so glad to see you online!
Me: How is Kelly?
Lad: am glad too
Lad: well she is serious sick
Me: Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that
Lad: she is in the hospital
Lad: well i just dont know what to do right now
Lad: she is seriously sick and the doctor are not treating her
Me: You go right down to the Embassy and tell them!
Me: They won't let that happen.
Lad: well have been there and they dont listen to me
Me: Then I'll contact the Ambassador.
Lad: well they said there is nothing they can do
Me: He's a friend of our family.
Lad: and they tell me thesame things
Me: They can - the hospital can't hold an American hostage
Me: It would cause an international incident
Me: And the Embassy is there to help you.
Lad: well they wont listen because they said is nigerian govt
Lad: and they wont do anything unless i pay the treatment fees
Me: The Embassy will help you with that.
Lad: well the embassy sais that is not there duty of the embassy
Me: You will have to repay them when you get home, but they will not let an American be stranded in a foreign country.
Me: THAT IS THE DUTY OF THE EMBASSY!!!!!!
Lad: well am not stranded
Lad: but they wont baby
Lad: i know what am saying
Lad: and that is what they tell me
Me: Then I'll contact the Ambassador!
Me: He will help you
Lad: ok
Me: He is a good friend of our family
Lad: well baby i cant wait till they get here
Lad: well baby i wish you can see how my daughter is feeling
Me: I will contact the Ambassador tomorrow.
Lad: well baby she could not eat now for days
Lad: baby am talking about today
Me: I hate that she is ill so far from home
Lad: baby my daughter is dieing because of 150 dollars
Lad: plz
Me: Then I'll get on to the Ambassador as soon as I can.
Me: Even if it means getting him out of bed.
Me: The Embassy had no right to tell you they couldn't help.
Me: If I have to take this all the way to the President I will!
Lad: well baby that is what they tell me
Lad: well they said that is not there duty
Me: It is their duty - that's what they're there for!
Lad: baby i just little money to pay for the treatment
Me: To look out for the interests of America and American citizens in that country.
Me: They will help you pay!
Lad: :s
Me: You will need to repay when you get home, but they will help you!
Lad: Sad
Lad: baby they wont
Me: They will when I get through with them!
Lad: she as been in the hospital for days now
Lad: and she as not eaten for days
Me: Then the doctors are guilty of harming her!
Me: And they will feel the full force of my anger!
Me: What is the address of the hospital?
Lad: st john and mary
Lad: hospital
Me: Do they have an email address?
Lad: no
Me: Who is the doctor?
Lad: i dont know is name
Lad: but i know one doctor alex
Me: Is the hospital in Lagos?
Me: Is the doctor Alex at the hospital?
Me: Victor?
Me: Are you there?
Lad: am here
Me: What happened?
Lad: well i got booted
Me: Oh, I'm sorry.
Me: Yes, it's aggravating
Lad: well baby i just dont know what to do right now
Me: Well, for starters, pray.
Me: I have already begun the steps necessary to contact the Ambassador.
Lad: ok
Me: He will see to it that Kelly gets appropriate treatment.
Me: If there's an American doctor in the area, I will see to it that he treats Kelly.
Me: Is the hospital in Lagos?
Lad: yeah
Lad: baby i just need 150 to get the treatment done
Me: OK - we'll get things sorted.
Me: The Ambassador will get the Embassy to do the right thing.
Me: Victor dear, are you there?
Lad: well am not happy
Lad: can you borrow me the money plz
Me: No, of course you're not happy.
Me: Victor, the Embassy will help you
Lad: plz
Me: And they'll help you sooner than I could.
Lad: help me
Me: I can't do anything until Monday
Me: The Embassy should be there by the morning.
Lad: can you borrow yes or no
Lad: well baby just do it for me to get the money
Lad: i cant wait for the embassy
Me: Victor, you will get it tomorrow.
Me: The Embassy will be there tomorrow
Me: I wouldn't be able to do anything until Monday.
Lad: baby can you send it to me on monday morning then i will tell the doctor to continue and i will use my passport to stand
Me: Victor, the Embassy will be there tomorrow morning!
Lad: well baby
Lad: baby i cant wait
Lad: well is like you dont want to borrow me the money
Me: Victor, it's not necessary!
Me: The Embassy will be there long before I could get anything to you.
Lad: never mind just forget it
Lad: then i will be ok
Me: Yes, you will be OK
Me: The American Government will help you.
Me: Victor, they don't like having an American in distress in a foreign country.
Me: They will pull all kinds of strings to get Kelly the best possible care.
Lad: well i just wish you are here
Me: I wish I were there, too. This would have been settled the minute Kelly got sick.
Me: If you'd like, I can get an emergency visa and fly there.
Me: Do you want me to do that?
Me: I could be there in a day or two.
Lad: ok come over [Steamroller Emily strikes again]
Me: All right. I'll get it all sorted tomorrow and fly over as soon as I can get tickets.
Me: I love you and Kelly, and I hate to see you in such distress.
Me: Besides, Kelly needs a mum there with her.
Me: I will let you know when I will get to Lagos.
Lad: [After a long pause – I could almost hear the resigned sigh] ok
Me: All right, darling.
Me: You must be exhausted
Lad: baby why cant you help me with the money rather than traveling for 12 hrs
Me: Sweetheart, I'm not coming there for the money. The money will be taken care of by the Embassy.
Me: I'm coming there to be with you and Kelly.
Me: I will bring some money with me, of course.
Me: Money always makes things happen faster.
Lad: baby my daughter is suffereing
Me: I know that, dear. The Embassy will help you.

And that was the end. He just couldn’t hold up against Emily in full crusader mode.

Scarlett
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good for Emily!!! I'm sure with her connections you won't have any problems getting an emergency Visa for Lagos.

If you decide to marry V1ctor in N1geria, Jen is already there and can be one of your witnesses. Laughing
I'm looking forward to the next chapter in this story.

Closed lad accounts

pony pony Mortar x2
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 2:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Victor persists in believing that Emily can get money to him before the American Embassy can. Silly boy. The Embassy is right there, and the Ambassador is a good friend of the Geisel family. Of course he’s going to mobilize his staff on behalf of an American in distress in Nigeria! But Victor apparently doesn’t believe.

Victor wrote:
hi darling how is your morning i hope all is well with you ?happy sunday ..i just come back from kelly hospital .i keep hear the same thing from doctor mouth i should balance them andcontinue treating kelly ....darling can plz do this for me as a favour to help kelly i dont like the way she bad condition ...alll i need to balance them is 150 just plz ....im begging you in the name of god ...this baby she is my only daughter ..and i dont want anything to happen to kelly .....i didn`t say that you should give to eat or to by cothes all i need this money for is treatment i promise to pay you back when i get to you darling i want you know that you are the only one i love ....i dont have any other person except you my wife i love you that i ask this from you ...and i want you show your love to this baby to help her in the bad condition .i think you are always in my thought i dont have anyone to thnk off than you Emily.. i need you i need your assisstance in my life can you plz do this as a help . i love you so much.

What greater proof of her love for Victor than to get the ball rolling in Nigeria even while she’s preparing to fly to his side? I checked the list of hospitals in Lagos (and there are quite a few), but strangely, the one he said Kelly is in isn’t on the list. I wonder why.

Dick Geisel wrote:
Victor,

I am Dick Geisel, Emily's son. My mother is on her way to Boston to pick up her visa for Nigeria and board a plane to fly to you and Kelly.

She called a little while ago and said the American Ambassador had contacted her. His staff has been looking for Saint Mary and John Hospital in Lagos so they could arrange payment for Kelly's medical care. They cannot find any hospital by that name. What is the name of the hospital where Kelly is? Please, don't bother with email, just call the American Embassy and tell them where she is. They are prepared to pay the full amount for any care she may need until you can return her to the USA.

My mother will contact you with her flight details later.

Dick Geisel

eta: I hope this doesn't constitute involving an ITP. Not that I expect "Victor" to go to the American Embassy, or even call them, but ...

2nd edit: From Victor to Dick (via Emily's inbox, which she will open later):

Victor wrote:
hi dick ...im happy to red your mail well i cant find any us abassodor to pay my daughter bill ....well all i can tell my darling to just plz borrow me the money to balance the hospital so that the treatment will continue ....this baby she my only life i dont have another one ...i know that emily have the money with her but just plz i do the best to help the baby life i will pay her back when i get to the state i love ou so much my darling plz and plz i love you

He didn't answer Dick's question - what hospital is Kelly in? I know he just made up the name of the hospital, and now he's trying to ignore that little question. Emily won't be able to find him when she gets to Lagos. I wonder what he's going to do about that.

Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Emily read that last email as she was preparing to board the airplane. So she dashed off a quick note.

Quote:
Victor darling,

I am in the Boston airport now, awaiting to board my flight to Amsterdam. I will then change planes and fly to Lagos. Here are the details of my flights:

Leave

Sun, Sep 14 KLM Royal Dutch Airlines 6060

operated by Northwest Airlines -- NW 0060

Depart: 9:55pm Boston, MA (BOS)

Arrive: 11:00am Amsterdam, Netherlands (AMS)

1 stop Economy 7hr 5min Boeing 757

Change planes. Time between flights: 2hr 20min

KLM Royal Dutch Airlines 587

Depart: 1:20pm Amsterdam, Netherlands (AMS)

Arrive: 6:50pm Lagos, Nigeria (LOS)

Economy 6hr 30min Boeing 777

Total duration: 15hr 55min

So, you can see I'll be in Lagos by 7:00 pm tomorrow. Will you be at the airport to meet me? Or should I just get a taxi to a hotel?

Did the Ambassador's staff find the hotel? I received your email, but you did not tell me the exact name of the hospital. Did you call the Embassy and tell them? The Ambassador was really quite frantic to find Kelly. I am praying hard for that little girl, and for you, my darling.

I will see you in less than 24 hours.

All my love,
Emily

Now, Victor had never given me his phone number, so I thought I could get away with saying I didn’t know the number. But, he included it in his response.

Quote:
you just call me when you get to lagos airport ...you have my phone number with you 08037425592 i cant wait to meet you darling you are always in my thought i love you so much

Here’s my question, I have several options. (I feel like that Midas commercial.) Which should I choose?

1 – I never got the email, probably because of travelling.
2 – I tried to call and got no answer.
3 – I didn’t want to disturb him if he was at the hospital, so I just called the Ambassador, who took me to a very nice hotel (which one?).

I’m sure there are other options, too, but these are what occur to me off the top of my head. That's what happens when you make travel plans without thinking everything through.

Scarlett
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I vote for you never received the email containing his phone number.

I would then email him from the airport asking him what he thinks you should do now. They love to have their egos stroked. Rolling Eyes

Closed lad accounts

pony pony Mortar x2
Phantom
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You could go with option 3. Then e-mail him that the person who picked you up didn't take you to the embassy but took you to some remote location and you don't know where you are. Add a lot of "I'm really scared..." notes too. Twisted Evil
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I went with a combination of 1 and 3.

Quote:
Victor,

I haven't heard from you, so I guess you haven't read my email yet.

Dearest, I have had a little problem here, but it will soon be sorted out. I was carrying a large amount of cash to pay for Kelly's treatment and to keep the treatment going if necessary, as well as to pay for a hotel for me and a little sight-seeing once Kelly was recovered. Unfortunately, when I was going through customs here at the airport, the official asked me what I was going to do with all that money. I explained that my step-daughter was ill in the hospital and they wouldn't treat her until they were paid and my husband-to-be didn't have enough money with him. They nodded as if they understood, and then they asked me what hospital Kelly was in. I told them St. Mary and John or St. John and Mary (I couldn't remember which it was). The officials gave me a strange look, and one of them went off and I could see him making a phone call. When he came back he was shaking his head. He said no one there knew of a hospital by that name.

I asked to be able to open my laptop and show them the transcript of our chat, and there was the name of the hospital as you told it to me. I said that perhaps you were so distraught that you misremembered the name of the hospital.

Darling, as I write this, they are calling every hospital in Lagos to find Kelly. So far they have not found her. The other official has escorted me to a private room, and he has called the American Embassy. Someone from the Embassy is coming to the airport to help with the situation. But it is embarrassing, sweetheart. Can you get back to me with the name of the hospital, please? I don't need you to come to the airport, but can you send me a reply with the name of the hospital? They won't let me give you a phone number to call because of security.

I am very worried, Victor. What is going on?

Emily

I haven't left the airport yet, in fact the Embassy staff member hasn't arrived yet. Will it really be a staff member? Will I safely get to the Embassy or a hotel? Will I be arrested? Stay tuned for the next exciting installment!

Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ever helpful, Victor blames Emily for her predicament.

Quote:
you really dissapoint me ...i told you should give me a phone call when you get to airport so that i will come and pick you to st john and marry hospital in ondo 4hours joining to lagos state the city call akure .i told you should call me when you get to lagos state so that i will come there to pick you up........where are youu now are you still lagos? plz darling you make me so worry ...just plz call me plz and plz here is the number again...08037425592 i cant wait to hear your voice soon .

He has obviously never been detained at customs (I wonder if he’s actually ever flown to a different country). Emily did not bring her phone because it doesn’t work outside the US, and the customs people are not going to let her call anyone. It’s a wonder they let her have her laptop.

Quote:
Victor,

I am hurt and saddened by the tone of your email. It's almost like you don't want my help, even after begging me for it. For your information, I did not have your telephone number when I was at the airport. So how could I have called you? And as far as where the hospital is, here is a quote from our chat:

Emily: Is the hospital in Lagos?

Victor: yeah

So, I thought the hospital was in Lagos because you told me it was in Lagos.

You were begging for help, and I mobilized the entire staff of the American Embassy to help you, but you had given me incorrect information. Now the Embassy staff is angry with you as well.

The reason they whisked me away like they did was to keep me safe. A woman on her own in a place like Lagos, with a lot of money, is not safe, and they could not locate you. They took me to a safe house and let me sleep. This morning I told them where you were, and they made some phone calls. After a long time they told me that a staff member had been to the hospital you told me of (St. John and Mary in Akure. They could find no Kelly there at all. They also could not find a doctor named Alex. They sat me down and had a long talk with me.

Victor, they think you are not real. They think Kelly does not exist. They think you might be a criminal. Victor, how can they think such things? I told them I had been in contact with you for a long time and that we are engaged to be married. They asked questions that I couldn't answer, and they just shook their heads sadly when I insisted that I love you and you love me. I said, "What kind of criminal asks after my cat every time he emails or chats with me?" They finally said they would search Akure for you and Kelly, but they don't want me anywhere near the place. If they find you they will give you the money for Kelly's care and, when she is well again, they will tell you where to find me. They said they would try your number tomorrow.

Today we will be going to a safari camp in the Yankari National Park. It's supposed to be a very nice resort, and the Ambassador is there for some relaxation right now. I think it's called 5imba 5afari Camp. They do not have telephones available to the guests there, but the office does have a satellite phone. You can find their website here: http://5imba5afaricamp.webs.com/mapscontactinfo.htm . We will be flying there in the Ambassador's helicopter, but I understand they will pick you up in a nearby city if you want to come and be with me. There should be enough funds to get you and Kelly to the area even after paying for her treatment.

I love you, Victor, but I am concerned about what the Embassy staff have said. You are real, aren't you? You really do love me, don't you? And Kelly? She's a real girl, isn't she? A real girl who is ill in a hospital somewhere in Akure? Please tell me it's all true and the Embassy staff are just trying to scare me for some reason of their own!

All my love,
Emily

Victor is going to have trouble riding in elevators soon – his nose will get caught in the closing doors, even if he stands well to the rear of the car. I think he actually hopes I’m bluffing about the Embassy staff checking the hospital.

Quote:
Ohh my god what is all this ?no abassador that come to st,john and mary ....you should have with them ...all i need right now is you i need you and love i dont need any abassador just save my phone number and call me okay? i love you 08037425592 i will so happy to hear your voice i ,love you

So I slap him a little harder.

Quote:
Victor,

I am not happy with you right now. You tell me that the Embassy staff have not been to the hospital, and the Ambassador tells me they have been searching for days for you. Who am I to believe? I know I love you, and I am sure you love me, but I have known the Ambassador and his family since I was a little girl. Why would he lie to me? Then again, why would you lie to me? Do you understand the confusion I am suffering?

Darling, I can’t call you. I have given your number to the Ambassador, and he says he will give it to his staff. But why can’t you call the Embassy and tell them exactly where you are?

I have come all the way to Africa to be with you and Kelly, and still we’re apart. My heart is breaking, and I cry almost all the time. Here I am in the midst of gorgeous scenery, with luxury available 24 hours a day – pool, spa, gourmet food, massages, satellite internet access, and staff at my beck and call – and I can’t really enjoy it because you aren’t here to enjoy it with me. This could have been our honeymoon suite, and instead it is a jail cell to me.

Please, Victor, try to contact someone to help!

Love,
Emily

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic