SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Scamming via post

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Waldorf
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 8:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Only seen this once before, but then again, I'm not that experienced. Some months ago, we got a scam letter at work from Benin posted via postal service.

This one here was sent to a driving school in DK, and is in the news today. New modality? or just a lotto lad that's tired of GomerPyle?, it sure is difficult to bait it. But, for those who wants fun, there is a telephone number.
page 1
page 2
4X1X9
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Scamming by post came before scamming by Email.

You will have to munch the statistics of the transfer so I can give to them - Mr. James Hessom Hessom

If not that you only hide behind computer and be playing prawns with us - Benny Clifford

Pith Helmet France - Luxembourg

Closed lad accounts x26 - 2012 Closed lad accounts x258 - 2013
Closed lad accounts x263 - 2014 Closed lad accounts x160 - 2015
Closed lad accounts x204 & x1 - 2016
Closed lad accounts x177 - 2017 Closed lad accounts x81 - 2018
Closed lad accounts x85 - 2019 Closed lad accounts x9 -2020
(Grand Total Closed lad accounts 1,262) Golden Pig
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 9:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Many years ago, before the interweb thingy even existed, one of my customers showed me faxes he was getting, giving him a share in tankers full of oil and Nigerian Government contracts.

Of course there were problems, and fees....

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
sunshine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Advanced fee fraud is thought to have originated when postal system got going, the Met Police site says "since the sixteenth century" with what was called "The Spanish Prisoner Letter" (http://www.met.police.uk/fraudalert/419.htm)

The original fraud was a prisoner in a Spainish jail who knew the location of a large amount of stolen cash that he would share, but he needed money to bribe guards, etc, etc...

Strangely enough I get quiet a few scammers asking for meetings in Madrid!

I have explain this whole process to you so many times over and over again. - Spencer
Safari Praveen - Hanuman Junction - Hyderabad x2
Safari Bola - Accra - Cotonou Safari Alex - Accra - Abidjan Safari Austin - Accra - Abidjan
Safari George - Accra - Cotonou - Lome - Niamtougou Safari Toks London - Milford Haven
pony pony pony Mortar Closed lad accounts x170 Czech Republic Easter Egg 2011 Sand Timer Engineer Cooke vs. Temeraire x8
Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Waldorf - Scammers are career criminals, they will always find a way to contact the unsuspecting victim.

Scamming by post is a tad 'old fashioned' in these days of mass Emails, but I suspect it could appear quite professional and legit if done properly... Confused

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
N.O.R.A
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sunshine, are you hinting that Correos España's mail services are a bit slow? Laughing

In case you actually got the original letter, I am sure we all would like to see it! Shocked

"Yes,Miss N0ra is a prostitute,a slut and a professional harlot." [Another Lad, being baited since May 2009, to one of my characters]

Easter Egg 2011 Goat Goat [ Closed lad accounts + Mortar + Safari + Sand Timer ] x some

"set him straight first on the pimple soaps and cleansers,then suggest the other..
we don't want a pimpley,less wrinkly botoxed man running loose" [SlapHappy]

My Mentor is a young, hot, sexy man or woman.

"I'm a girl." [Slightlyoutofit]
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 1:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think that some scammers are returning to the postal service because they figure people are getting wise to email scams (and their emails are getting buried in all the other spam emails now), and have forgotten that snail-mail was where scamming began. I have seen only one so far, but it was a Canadian lottery scam, and a fake check was enclosed, which was to be banked and the money sent via WU back to the scammer for "taxes."

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That is really spooky. My SO's father got a 419 offer by mail only yesterday. It was posted less that 5 miles from where I live!

For your delectation

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
N.O.R.A
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Shocked Shocked

What about DNA and fingerprints?!

"Yes,Miss N0ra is a prostitute,a slut and a professional harlot." [Another Lad, being baited since May 2009, to one of my characters]

Easter Egg 2011 Goat Goat [ Closed lad accounts + Mortar + Safari + Sand Timer ] x some

"set him straight first on the pimple soaps and cleansers,then suggest the other..

music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Its OK, I used gloves when I scanned it!

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
N.O.R.A
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 6:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good! What are you going to do with the letter?

Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know about the British postal service, but the USPS takes that kind of thing very seriously, and they have investigators who love getting that kind of evidence.

music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I doubt I could get anyone here in LE to even look at the letter , never mind investigate it!

sunshine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Niagra ... I don't but here is one form 1910 http://www.stamporama.com/rambler/roy/prisonerletter.jpg

Plus ca change and all that

I have explain this whole process to you so many times over and over again. - Spencer
Safari Praveen - Hanuman Junction - Hyderabad x2
Safari Bola - Accra - Cotonou Safari Alex - Accra - Abidjan Safari Austin - Accra - Abidjan
Safari George - Accra - Cotonou - Lome - Niamtougou Safari Toks London - Milford Haven
pony pony pony Mortar Closed lad accounts x170 Czech Republic Easter Egg 2011 Sand Timer Engineer Cooke vs. Temeraire x8
Julian Day
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^@music man
I had that exactly identical letter from Wang Pui to my business address a few weeks ago. The postmark was London. The name and details in the body of the letter was also "Alfred ****" (the **** being in this case my own surname) and, oddly enough, Alfred was my Father's christian name. Everything else concerning the person didn't fit with him at all, so presumably just a coincidence. The style of my name and address suggested that it was taken from a published professional membership list.

(Edited to add a bit!)

Last edited by Julian Day on Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I posted a link to a local newspaper earlier this week about two couples scammed by letters received through the post.
Possibly targetted at the elderly who don't use the Internet.

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=147488

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Wright B Hindyou
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Scamming by snail mail? Nah, it'll never take off.

The choice is between using a mass e-mailer to fire off a million formats instantly to all and sundry, and, er, buying a million stamps, a million envelopes, photocopying..... no, I don't think so.

The Internet is the greatest gift ever given to the scamming world -- they're not going to move away from it.

"bastard like you, I will kill you with my hand, son of nobody. May your soul rust in help." - Titi Andrew

"I trusted you very much without knowing that you are a drug addit person" - Emma Bambara

"THIS YOUR BEHAVIOR IS IRELEVANT AND CROSPOLOS CARACTER" - Madam Clarrise Keita.

"you must speak beter because we dont train mad people in this company." - Incredible Self-Baiting Pastor Joe
dbest03
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 5:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

My parents received a Spanish lottery scam by snail mail last week. Fortunately they realised it was a scam. Was able to rescue the letter from them and have added it to my trophy collection Smile .

Sand Timer x1

I may be retarded for at the moment, but it won't take long before i bounce back to action - Mado Christopher Jr

MY YOU HAVE TO BE SERIOUSE ON WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND STOP ALL THIS YOUR BLABS OK - CHARLES C. SOLUDO
scambuster3
Elite Baiter

Location: South East tip of Australia Down under, where a Dingo ate my Lads WU slip

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

scamming by mail is still a big problem, my misssus has had HUNDREDS of fake lotto letters sent to her, we still get the odd one even today

we used to stuff the envelope and send it back with no stamp
it cost them postage

Bank accounts sent to mysterious Alan = 477

Winner of Inspector Gadget 2009 fake checks contest, thanks IG
Winner of Inspector Gadget 2008 Bank account contest, thanks IG

"You are going to scam your passport page "
"CENTRAL BANK OF NIGER1A has scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content."
"The Central Bank of Nigerian will put you in jail for life. You must return that money or you will face a brutal consequences."
"I KNOW U ARE JUST A TIME WASTER AND A BULL SHITTER."
"Hope you are not a joker because I don't waste my time and job on jokers"
"Time wasters are not authorized to contact us"
Closed lad accounts
create
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 2:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have been dealing with a bunch of Scammers based in Canada.

They are pretty sophisticated.They send out hundreds of notifications of a lottery win.A toll free number to contact the 'claims agent' and a demand for $3500 payment in fees.

The also enclose a fake check for $4500.......
To the vic,its a win win situation.win the lottery or make $1000.

Aand the killer thing of it all.....they use mailing lists for people over the age of 60...that probably dont have a clue about researching on the internet Evil or Very Mad

Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2008 3:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^That's the one my friend got. When she called the number she was surprised that the man on the other end was so matter-of-fact about her "win,." She expected that he would be excited for her. That was her first clue that all was not as it seemed. Then she took the check to the bank, who were unsure about it. She went to the police, who politely took copies of everything and told her they had had over 100 queries about it already (thank goodness people did some checking). She finally took it to the post office, where they were very happy to take copies of everything.

Unfortunately, she had been carrying the envelope around in her purse for days, had taken the check and letter out of the envelope several times, and they had been handled by bank people, police, and postal workers, so they were useless for forensic evidence. But she thought it was a neat "trophy."

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic