SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

What is the Bat!?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
batterman
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 4:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

So for a while I was under the understanding that the Bat! was an auto reply program for e-mail but now I am not sure. I am finding this in the e-mail header of my new Ukrainian love N4t45a. Any help? I did a search and came up empty.

Thanks
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I am not an expert on TB!--most of the info here is pulled from a writeup from elsewhere.

The Bat! (also known as TB! And TB) is an e-mail client application marketed towards companies and individuals that need to manage large volumes of e-mail. It has been associated with both spamming and scamming – it is legitimate and is a valuable tool for many businesses; but the same features that make it effective and efficient for companies, are of benefit to scammers. There are two features that scammers find particularly useful.

1) It supports a macro programming language and a sophisticated ability to manage templates. These templates can be changed by a macro to respond to e-mails. This allows a technically competent person to create a scamming system that has a high degree of automation while at the same time allowing the scammer to add custom text in predefined areas within the template. The more people that the Scammer can correspond with, the more likely a victim can be found.

2) TB! is designed to work with multiple e-mail servers simultaneously. This makes it very easy for the scammer to use numerous "dummy" e-mail accounts. It also downloads and erases the e-mails from each e-mail server, making it harder for the scammer to be caught.

TB! is also very affordable at less than $60.00 – well within the means of the typical scammer.

So basically it allows the scammers to correspond with a whole slew of potential victims, while appearing to be corresponding with one or two.

Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, that's exactly it

The Bat! is an email application just like Outlook or Thunderbird but as Dorothy correctly pointed out, it's aimed at allowing scripting and automation - for example, allowing a company to auto-respond to emails from their clients with a mail that is more tailored to what they asked than simply replying "We are dealing with your mail, we'll get back to you"

I have a couple of Russian friends who I've seen using it (working outside of Russia and definitely not running scams)

However what makes it great for companies also makes it very useful for scammers since they can create mail templates and scripts to handle a lot of the work they would have to do manually in other applications

It's not fair to say only scammers use The Bat! but it is safe to say that you will often see that scammers are using it so it's a guide to help you finger a scammer but not proof of scammer on its own
Duckmeister
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Also, many who write saying they are using internet cafe but with TB in the header is a giveaway that they are scammers! Internet cafes do not use The Bat.

Nigeria Benin United Kingdom Australia Malaysia Mortar x5

YOU WIL NEVER TOUCH MONEY AGAIN BITCH SEEUM THIS IS YOUR LAST MONEY UNTIL 2010, WATCH ... the erudite Barbara Johns0n, Bank Manager.

YOU AND YOUR FATHER AND FAMILY GO DIE FOR SUFFER , YOU GO DIE FOR CAR ACCIDNT BASTARD THIEF , YOU WANT TO USE THIS SYSTEM TO STEAL FROM DR D*****N ,
YOU GO DIE FOR POVERTY -Prince ben Oma

I THINK YOU DON SPOIL MY KOREA MAN WHEY WANT TO PAY ME 2,000$ WAIT FOR YOUR REWARD . NA SO NIGERIA PEOPLE DEY HUSTLE ? . I GO GET YOU DOWN , LET US WAIT AND SEE - Prince ben Omar (again)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic