SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Hi is this ok to talk about here?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Dramaqueen
Juan's stalker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Im new on here so im not sure if this is ok to talk about or in the right place but here goes. Im recently divorced and thought to go online and see what the online dating world is about. I joined c h e m 1 s t r y daught com and my very first connection was unfortunately a scammer. I know what to look for now, the way they speak, run their sentences together, love you instantly,etc. So my questions are: Should i report the scammers to the site? Try to engage the scammers? Which i dont think im ready for yet safely or just ignore them and hope they dont hurt someone else? Which sounds like a cowards way out for me. I have no experience with this and i feel so sad about what is going on. Sad Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

"i am so mad at myself....i dont know what is happen to me...this has never happen to me...falling so easy and taking for fool."

"why are you stingy over me" Craig
"you are causin me much frustration" Frustrated lad...
"stop makin me feel like mess and shit" Craig
"if not i will fall off from a cliff and God will kick your bud for murdering " Diamond Mo
" shot the fuck up you silly irrational bitch" V1ctor
"they make jest of me cus they tthink i am waisting my time and money talking to you" Ted
Click here to support 419Eater.com

Last edited by Dramaqueen on Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 1:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello and welcome here,
Yes you can talk about anything as long as you would your kid allow to read it Wink
Reporting them to the site owner can be good, but some owners just don't care what is happening as long as they get the revenue from the site in their account. I would give it a try and see what happens.
You could report him at date scammer sites that keep track of scammers and warn a big audience for them. Unfortunately they are not all connected and some specialize in special lads, like Russian scammers.
A few:
http://www.russian-scammers.com/
http://www.livedatesearch.com/en/internet_dating_scam.html
http://datescammers.com/
http://www.scammers.ru/latest_add.htm
as you see they all go for one type of scammer, but if you can warn 1 possible victim it's worth the trouble I guess.
Better solutions will appear here by other members with more experience in this subject. Just be patient, we're not all on the same timetable or PW like me Laughing
Welcome, read a bit and if... you might get your self a new "friend" to bait Twisted Evil

Juan's stalker

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thank you so much Bill for the welcome. Im still at this dating site and everyday they send me a scammers profile to look at. If i accept the person we are allowed to talk via private email but i can decline the person and then he can not contact me. Should i accept these people to get their information then pass it on to here? I feel bad just letting them pass by me. This is a more private site. We are not allowed to look through potential profiles, the site picks them for you and sends them to you if you have things in common. Apparently i fit the scammers profiles very well so i get quite a few a day. I noticed the other day one of the profiles sent to me was even complaining of all the scammers. So apparently a lot of them are getting tons of scammers too.

Bloodsucking thieves!!! Evil or Very Mad [/u]

"if not i will fall off from a cliff and God will kick your bud for murdering " Diamond Mo
"they make jest of me cus they tthink i am waisting my time and money talking to you" Ted
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Drama, welcome to eater, and I'm sorry you got caught out by these leeches. You're in the right place for revenge however. Twisted Evil

Quote:
Should i accept these people to get their information then pass it on to here? I feel bad just letting them pass by me.

If you want to get back at them yourself, you'll need to create a new profile. If you are just passing them on to other romace baiters, then I'd suggest posting them in the romance section, but be careful with this as it can take a little experience to spot the lad from the genuine romance searcher. Read up on how to spot the bad ones in the romance FAQs.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 10:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dramaqueen -

Feel free to post all information you have on a scammer in the Love/Dating Scam forum here. If you can view their profile when the site matches you, copy all the information you can and paste it here.

If you can copy the picture, take it, with all the information you can find, to www.romancescam.com. They maintain a database of romance scammers of every description, but they group them by the pictures used by the scammers. If you can stomach the idea of exchanging a couple of emails in order to get more info, do it safely. Then when you get an email and a pic, post them, along with the email headers, on the site. If someone searches on unique phrases from the email, they will be led to that site. It happens a lot - women are writing in all the time saying they found the site while searching for info on their lad.

It's great to see you wanting to do something to help rid the world of these scum.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 11:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Dramaqueen, and welcome to 419eater.

There is some very informative romance baiting information which you can find by Clicking here it was put together by many of the experienced romance baiters and provides invaluable information on how to spot a scammer as well as how to play with them safely.

Some of the information in there is a little more advanced so dont try to learn it all straight away, instead as you learn one section move onto the next.

As Titania mentioned romancescam is a great place to post the details but any antiscam site will be a benefit and allow searches to find it.

The other thing you may like to do is sign up for a mentor, be sure to point out your preference for a romance mentor, it generally takes up to a week to pair you with somebody but in the meantime ask any questions your have here.

I do offer 1 word of warning, baiting is very addictive and you may never leave

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I do offer 1 word of warning, baiting is very addictive and you may never leave
^
I'm afraid he is right, but they forgot to tell me that when I joined some two years ago Wink
Mentor = Good IDEA and gives you some direct help without throwing the story in the open/forum or telling it over and over again.

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I can't really add anything constructive other than, not all lads proclaim love straight away, or even ask for money quickly either.

I remember a thread of someone who had talked to their scammer for a year and a half before he asked for money. (Which i believe, is when they got suspicious and found scamwarners.com)

The others have offered some great advice and i hope you read it all carefully.

I have a particular dislike for love scammers and am very glad you have taken the time to research it. I wish you every success in your search.
Dramaqueen
Juan's stalker

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks so much Mugatu, Titania, Murry Guru, and Newdonym. You are all so understanding and wise.
I will be very careful and i have asked for a mentor. I want to do this safely for myself and any other potential victim.
I will never post anything about a scammer unless i just feel i am positive its a scammer. I realize that playing dumb is best so as not to inform the scammer of any mistakes he may make. Therefor making his scam better on the next person.
I take my request seriously and do not want to waste anyone's time. This is a big site tho so if i do post in the wrong place please forgive me and kindly direct me to the right place. Im sure i will goof up. LOL... Thanks for doing all you do to help others stay safe.

OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi DQ! I joined eater for pretty much the same reasons. I'm divorced and have been single a long time while focusing on raising my kids. Now that the last one is a teenager and totally secure about Mom dating, I ventured out to dating sites. My rotten luck, I got hit on by local dirt-bags. But I did notice a few out of the country oddballs. I just ignored them.

Then I made a page on Myspace to keep in touch with my older daughter and, OK I'll admit it, spy on my teenager. There is where I got bombarded. I knew they were fakes and since I had no personal information on Myspace, I jerked a few around.

I was pissy that the scammers ruined Myspace for me so I put up a picture of my dog. They still hit on me. They even told me how beautiful I was. Then I wrote in my profile that I hated Nigerians, had hairy arm pits, farted and picked my nose in public. The final straw was when one told me he read my profile and thought we had a lot in common.

Then I really wanted to bash them. But I needed some ideas and I'd heard there was organized baiting here so I fell into the eater. I became addicted. I also quit the dating sites as the real me. Now I have so many accounts and personalities that I have to keep them written in a journal in my desk. But I do have one dating site where I store the real me. It's a paid site so there are fewer scammers, but they are still there.

When I come across a scammer on any dating site, I report them to the site admin whether the admin cares or not. I give the reasons why I know they're scammers and they have to be valid reasons such as, a link to the modeling site where the picture was stolen from, or a Nigerian IP address from an email they sent me. If I don't have any of that and I choose to bait them, I take the email request for money and forward that to admin but I don't bait many of them so a lot go unreported if I don't get stolen pic or Nigerian IP.

But I often report those here. You can spot the scammers so easily. On Myspace they can send email addresses and chat IDs in a message so that's a dead giveaway. I post those up here for anyone who wants fresh meat.

A few I bait and don't post anything on. A lot I give away behind the scenes to anyone who posts that they're hungry for fresh meat.

The really slick ones who are likely to hurt someone - like the rat-bastard that scammed you - I'd post up on scamwarners.com and romancescam.com. That way if anyone's checking on the guy as he's scamming them, a google search will turn him over.

On the dating site where you're really looking for love - DON'T BAIT THEM!! If there's any chance they could tie your hooking up with them to that web site, the site has your personal information. Some scammers do hack accounts.

When you do bait, you'll hear it here over and over again, "BAIT SAFE!!"

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
Dramaqueen
Juan's stalker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks OBL. I feel we are terribly outnumbered by them. Crying or Very sad I have been moving around and trying to find the free dating websites. I will not pay for one again. Some of the dirt do not even really try to sound genuine. They are so obvious. I have been collecting a bunch of favorites from that site and will look into talking with them. Do people really fall for the obvious ones or should i try to hunt for the more normal sounding ones. I think those are more dangerous. I would have never talked with the scammer i got if he hadn't sounded intelligent. I brushed off the few mispelled words as his being from another country which he said he was. I know i misspell words all the time. LOL.. Should i join Myspace to get them coming to me?? I know nothing about Myspace or Facebook or what ever these places are but i would like to learn how to go about joining them if it will help. I have my new email addresses and a few characters for myself in the works. Im concerned about what to do for pics tho. Hoping to be working with you all soon. Twisted Evil

bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hello and welcome again.
Another one that got away from the lads. Good for you.Thumbs up
For pictures, try your favorite actor of ten years ago, Google for images and save the usable ones on your computer, rename them accordingly so mistakes won't happen.
My favorite girl is Miss South Carolina, the smart one Wink
For dating sites(free) Google will help you there too or just read the forum, there are enough in this category here and in the Surplus to keep you more than busy. Try two characters per lad at the same time, so you have a better idea how he works and character two can avoid snags that one might make. Later you can always have them meet and talk about their internet love Twisted Evil Just to keep him on his toes Wink
You're off to a good start, get a mentor anyway, handy when time is important and you don't have to throw it in the open and spend a week explaining it first Very Happy
[hint] search = your friend [\hint]
Have FUN and bait SAFE

Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 10:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@DQ - I signed up for 4ppl, as romancescam.com reported that it was swarming with scammers. That's where my Victor found me.

I also signed up for Dating72 - another scammer-ridden site, and that's where I picked up David.

I am using the pics of a minor celebrity. It's a little risky, because I've had a few genuine men (aka not scammers) ask me what celebrity I look like. They never guess correctly though. Very Happy

Just remember what details you've put on which site. Embarassed I almost forgot that on one site I'm a spinster and on the other site I'm a widow.

The important thing to remember is that lads usually go for women of "a certain age" who appear to be very successful (i.e., wealthy). The pic and what you say in the profile blurb are not terribly important, as the lads rarely read them anyway - they just see "new woman" and send off their script.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic