SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Lottery scambait, ongoing

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
freaknintendo
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got an email about a National Lottery winning. I’m starting to get the hang of scambaiting, as this is substantially longer than my first attempt. This one lasted 14 pages while the first attempt lasted only five. If you see possible places for improvement please let me know. During the first half of this project I was simultaneously working (technically, messing around) with Dr. Deco Hark.

The scammer tells me that I won a lottery of about £1.6 million. In this exchange I pose as Darren S. Burley using a Y! Mail account created just for this purpose. Due to problems with my computer I am unable to use colorcoding, I apologize for this reason. Most of my comments in the scammer's email are in parentheses. Sometimes it's not, but in context to the email it should be fairly obvious. There may be discrepancies in time due to time differences and readjustments of my computer clock.

To: [email protected]
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 01:59:00 +0200
Subject: YOUR HOTMAIL WON CONTACT YOUR CLAIMS AGENT FOR PAYMENT

We happily announce to you the Draw (#942) of the UK NATIONAL LOTTERY, online UK National Lottery program held on July 31st 2008.
Your e-mail address attached to Ticket Number: 8603775966738 with Serial Number 5368/02 drew the Winning Number :17,25,18,21,37,42,95 (bonus no.97)
Serial Number: 5368/02
Ticket Number:8603775966738
You have therefore been approved to claim total sum of £1,628,360.00
Fiduciary Agent for VALIDATION.
Barrister DAVID MARK.
Foreign Services Manager, Payment and Release order
Department, OSA CLAIMS PROCESSING LOTTERY AGENT.
TRANS-ATLANTIC S.A LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
Tel Phone: +447024043160
E-mail:[email protected]
Endeavor to email/fax him your full names, winning numbers, email address, telephone and fax numbers immediately.

Sent: Wednesday, July 30, 2008 9:19:56 PM
Subject: RE: YOUR HOTMAIL WON CONTACT YOUR CLAIMS AGENT FOR PAYMENT

Dear Sirs,

It has come to such surprise and joy to me that I have been so lucky to have won such an amount. It is a coincidence, since I have a rather urgent need of some money at the moment due to a recent problem in my company.

To start off, I would like to thank you for letting me know this good news. However, I must apologize for the delay in sending this e-mail. As I mentioned, I spent a substantial amount of time in an attempt to minimize the damages from the problem, which is expected to be solved soon.

As a clarification, what information must I provide so I could claim my winnings? Please let me know as soon as possible, as I am waiting in desperate anticipation at the moment.

Once again, thank you.

Yours truly,

Darren S. Burley

The scammer sends me the following email about the lottery validation. When it arrived at my inbox it had some pretty fancy logos along with a “validate” stamp. To reduce clutter, all of these were omitted here.

Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 1:36:04 AM
Subject: UK LOTTERY VALIDATION PROCESS PAYMENT FORM

SUBJECT: VALIDATE

ATTN: PROCEDURES.

On behalf of the entire Promo Board, I say Congratulations to you for being a Winner in this 2nd Category. We have received your e-mail with utmost delight in the UK National International programs held in London and the few eligible winners contacted personally.

You have to Validate Your Payout Process.

All participants were selected randomly from 'World Wide Web' site through computer draw system and Extracted from over 100,000 companies names and Individual email addresses. This promotion takes place annually. For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your Claims is processed and your money remitted to you.

Following further advice from the Lottery Corporation Payment Service (L.C.P.S). This is a part of our Precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program by some unscrupulous elements.

However, we have been assigned as the claims agents who would assist all Winners in this grand category.
"B" in the processing procedures and ultimately to the Payment of your UK NATIONAL LOTTERY payout of £1,628,360.00 pounds to you, credited to the C Ticket after your claims Documents has been successfully processed and legalized and funds approved For payout by the Lottery Corporation Payment Service (L.C.P.S).

In line with the governing rules of claim, you are to state how you want us to pay you your winning prize

YOU ARE TO SEND TO US YOUR BANKING DETAILS BELOW FOR PAYOUT.

Bank Name: ..............................................
Name on Account: ....................................
Account Number: .......................................
Wire Instructions: .......................................

If You Intend To Claim Your Money Through Cheque Delivery Please Fill the Details Below:

Name of Winner: .................................................
Delivery Address: .................................................
Tel/Fax of Delivery: .............................................
Post Code/Zip Code Delivery: ...................................
Country/State: ....................................................

He then requests me to fill in a form with my name, DOB, occupation, telephone and fax, city, state, country, and payout password.

In receipt of your information on transfer, I will send to the payout bank who are in charge of processing of transfer of your winning prize to your bank account. We will process and legalize your claims before passing your files to our paying Bank For the immediate payment of your winning Funds to your Designated Bank Account in accordance with our payout procedures.

Importantly, for the enablement of your claims, you are advised to comply with our payout procedures, as these are mere formalities that will guarantee payment of funds to all qualified winners in this Category. Furthermore note that, all Winning funds should be claimed no time. After this limited time all Unclaimed Funds will be returned to the UK National Promotion Gaming Board (U.K.P.G.B) for the next UK National Lottery Online Promotion which will take place in January 2008. (I wonder why the next lottery would take place six months before this one).

This promo is governed and monitored by the British Lottery Commission of 2008 and censored. We will anticipate your response soon.

Note: You are warned to keep confidential to your self until you get your winning, to avoid random claim. If found in such, you will be disqualified automatically. Be warned.

Yours Truly,

Barrister David Mark
Foreign Services Manager, Payment and Release Order Department
UK NATIONAL LOTTERY
TRANS-ATLANTIC S.A LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM
Telephone: +447024043160 +447045783368

I send him a quick reply, attaching a renamed DLL file of 5.8 megabytes.

Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 11:15:17 AM
Subject: Re: UK LOTTERY VALIDATION PROCESS PAYMENT FORM

Hello,

Enclosed please find my cheque information and personal details.

Thank you.

Yours truly,

Darren S. Burley

He then tells me to contact the courier company. Again, there were big, fancy pictures and other interesting things, but I omitted them due to their size and clutter.

Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 1:14:52 PM
Subject: CONTACT TO THE COURIER COMPANY

UK National Lottery
2 Lansdowne Row
Berkeley Square
London, W1J 6HL
United Kingdom

Attn: Winner,

I am glad to inform you that your claims have been processed with the information you provided and forwarded to the Claims Office.

You are therefore expected to make travelling arrangements to come personally to the HEADQUARTERS of the UK National Lottery to claim your prize money. You are to inform us of your intention to come over to London so we can make appropriate arrangements for your reception at the Airport.

However, if you find it not convenient to come personally to London, You are to contact the Rapid Dispatch International Courier Company, Mr. HENRY KEN immediately for payment procedures via his email address and/or his telephone numbers:

CONTACT TO THE COURIER COMPANY BELOW

Contact Person: Mr. HENRY KEN
Name of Courier Company: Rapid Dispatch Logistics Ltd
Contact Address of Company: # 424 Portswood Road Southampton, Hants SO17 3SD United Kingdom.
TEL Number: +447024079788.
Fax Number: +447092863486.
Company Email: [email protected]

Note that if you do not intend to come to the UK National Lottery Claims Office in person, you will be liable for the courier charges required by the Courier Company.

Kindly oblige to follow the instructions of the courier company so that your winnings can be remitted to you as soon as possible. Your Registration Number is TYY925567 and it is necessary you quote it in your email to the courier officer.

COPY ME IN ALL YOUR TRANSACTIONS WITH THE COURIER COMPANY TO ENABLE ME UPDATE MY FILE AND ALSO ENSURE THAT THE NORMAL PROCEDURE IS BEING ADHERED TO BY THE COURIER OFFICE.

Best wishes,

Barrister David Mark
Foreign Services Manager

Payment and Release Order Department
OSA CLAIMS PROCESSING LOTTERY AGENT.
TRANS-ATLANTIC S.A LONDON
UNITED KINGDOM

Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 1:51:54 PM
Subject: Re: CONTACT TO THE COURIER COMPANY

Hello,

I would be too pleased to come to London, but due to certain problems in my company which calls for my local stay I may not be able to make the trip. Would it be by any means possible that I have the money sent via cheque or otherwise?

Thank you for your understanding.

Yours truly,

Darren S. Burley

He sends me a blank reply, but changes the subject line to inform me the courier company will contact me. About 2½ minutes later, the following comes in from the above address. Here’s where the advanced fee comes in.

Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 3:19:25 PM
Subject: DELIVERY OPTIONS PICK AN OPTION (DELIVERY PERCAL FROM THE NATIONAL LOTTERY COMPANY)

To reduce clutter, I’ll summarize some of the parts in this email. So, he starts off by telling me the contents of the parcel. There are apparently 4 original certificates (95 grams) and 1 bonded/certified cheque (32 grams) with a total of 127 grams in a white parcel.

He writes:

Welcome you to Rapid Dispatch Logistics Ltd. A Dispatch Company to the UK National Online Gaming.

Dear Darren Burley

Am pleased to be at your services MR. Henry Ken, we have verify the code TYY925567 and is only the winner of the national lottery have this code.

Congratulation once again I am very happy for you, you are a very lucky winner. This is your blessing from God he has answered your prayers. Before we can commerce with your shipment of your winning cheque parcel, we will like to inform you that we have being the sole distributors of winning cheques to the UK National Lottery Online Gaming Programme Winners. You are requested without any further delay to choose from the following options you wish to receive your winnings Cheque. The options are as follows,

He gives me an option of UPS, FedEx or DHL. Each of the options has three subcategories (first class, premium class, and normal class delivery) with prices shown in GBP. He probably copied the logos from the respective companies.

After the class and type of delivery has been selected by you, you are to reach us with the selected Courier service you would like us to use for the sending of your winning Cheque and should also be followed by the following requirement: a copy of your winning notification; scanned copy of any form of Identification for verification to protect wrong delivery during delivery of your cheque physically in your country; a copy of your winning UK NATIONAL LOTTERY VALIDATION PROCESS should also be emailed back to us with your proper postal address for delivery of your winnings if you prefer delivery of winning cheque to your door step. Then the payment guideline for the class of delivery will be given to you to make payment so we can effect delivery as soon as possible.

Note: In case you have problem on conversion of the GBP, you can covert making use of www.xe.com that is our international currency converter. You are to keep all winning details very confidential so that to avoid random claim.

He attaches a picture of a businessman to represent himself.

MR.HENRY KEN
DESPATCH OFFICER.
Rapid Despatch Logistics Ltd
Unit 2
424 Portswood Road
Southampton
Hants
SO17 3SD
United Kingdom.
TEL: +44 70240 15438
Fax: +44 70928 63486

I chose the first class option for UPS, which is 500 GBP.

Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 3:47:47 PM
Subject: Re: DELIVERY OPTIONS PICK AN OPTION (DELIVERY PERCAL FROM THE NATIONAL LOTTERY COMPANY)

Hello,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I shall choose the First Class Delivery option. Please deduct the shipping costs from my total winnings if possible. In addition, due to my condition as to what had happened to me, please dispatch the parcel as soon as possible.

Once again, thank you very much.

Yours truly,

Darren S. Burley

Like most scammers do, he insists that I make payment beforehand. He’s probably mad at me due to the use of all-caps. It does get annoying when he does that, and he really needs to work on his spelling.

Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 6:22:12 PM
Subject: HELLO Darren Burley

Dear Darren Burley

YOU ARE TO PAY FOR THE CHAEGES OF DELIVERY BEFORE WE COMMENCE ANY DELIVERY TO YOUR COUNTRY AT YOUR DOORSTEP WITHOUT ANY DELAY OF DELIVERY.
WE CAN’T DUCED FROM THE WINNINGS BECAUSE IS A PERCAL CHECK WHICH CAN NOT BE DUCE, YOU HAVE TO MAKE PAYMENT OF 500GBP BEFORE ANY DELIVERY WILL COMMENCE.

Note that your WINNING_CERTIFICATE is attach to this mail.

He attaches the winning certificate (I’m pretty sure it’s forged in one way or another) and confirms the total cost to be 500.00 GBP.

MR.HENRY KEN
DESPATCH OFFICER.
Unit 2
424 Portswood Road
Southampton
Hants
SO17 3SD
United Kingdom.

I previously informed him I was robbed, beaten, and eventually imprisoned for 3 years. Adding some make-believe family members and some crime to the mix, I attempt to pull his heart strings. Will it work?

Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2008 9:35:48 PM
Subject: Re: HELLO Darren Burley

Hello,

I would like to make the payment, however as I told you earlier I was in a very devastated situation which is causing my present poverty. Much of the money I have at the moment is what I require for my daily expenses thus I cannot use that money.

The only valuable things I have here are the 50 GBP banknote my brother left me after he lost his life in a similar incident I experienced, and the silver coin from my great grandfather. The coin has a value of about 100 GBP, and combined with the bank note I have roughly 150 GBP that I can make available. Now, the values of these things are priceless in my heart; I am in the verge of tears on the thought of giving away these items. Is it really not possible that the 500 GBP be deducted from my cheque or otherwise?

I cannot stress enough that I am not a very rich man, and that I truly need the money for legitimate purposes. I'm afraid that if I must summon the 350 GBP for my winnings I may have to do so in the form of robbery or drug trade. After all, there are many chances to do a robbery here if I have the guts to, and that cocaine is a rather popular substance where I live. I hate to do evil, but if I need to do that to sustain myself I cannot not do. As I explained what happened to me in the other email I have only so many days to pay my overdue expenses, else the owner will have me in jail again or he will throw me onto the streets.

Thank you for your understanding. If there is any alternative please let me know. I am truly and extremely desperate for my winnings. It may even be my lifesaver.

Yours truly,

Darren S. Burley

Sent: Friday, August 1, 2008 4:28:46 PM
Subject: I FIND OTHER WAY TO HELP YOU

Dear Darren Burley

DUE TO THE SITUATION ON GROUND I HAVE DECIDED TO HELP YOU IN PAYING SOME PART.

YOU ARE TO CONTACT MY FRIEND IN NIGERIA (Nigeria?), I SPOKE WITHOUT HER TODAY HE TOLD ME SHE IS GOING TO HELP YOU IN THE PAYMENT OF SOME PART OF THE MONEY AND YOU ARE TO LOOK FOR THE BALANCE PAYMENT. AFTER YOU GET YOUR MONEY YOU PAY BACK HER MONEY.

SHE WILL BE AWIATING FOR YOUR MAIL AND WILLING TO HELP YOU

CONTACT MY FRIEND ON HER E-MAIL

MRS HELEN CARL
[email protected]

MR.HENRY KEN
DESPATCH OFFICER.
Unit 2
424 Portswood Road
Southampton
Hants
SO17 3SD
United Kingdom.

Apparently, it works. He’s typing in all-caps again (and in boldface, too, when it came in). I’m annoyed. 

I feel annoyed. I fire off a long email to him for the main purpose of pissing him off..

Sent: Saturday, August 2, 2008 12:16:33 AM
Subject: Re: I FIND OTHER WAY TO HELP YOU

Hello,

Although it's been a few days since I've learned that I won the lottery, I am not pleased for a few things.

First of all, could you at the very least show some respect and address me as Mr. Burley (or other words to that effect) as opposed to addressing me by my full name? Very few do use my full name when addressing me like such; it is very rude of you for doing so for the entire length of our exchange and I cannot tolerate this if you continue to address me in such a manner.

A word about your reply. I did get your message of having someone help me out, loud and clear, thanks to your boldface all-caps text for the entirety of the writing. I feel very insulted now. Although I haven't seen you write to me this way up until now, are you sure there isn't anything fishy about this deal? I am starting to wonder about not only this but the transaction as a whole.

Now, I didn't know what happened at your side but apparently it took ages for the messages to appear in my mailbox. I told you that I am in a very desperate and difficult condition at the moment and need prompt replies, did I not? You may rebuke that I am doing the same, but for your information I have spent a majority of that day negotiating with the landlord, clearly implying the occupancy of my time.

Finally, I am unclear about a part of your message. I shall quote:

"YOU ARE TO CONTACT MY FRIEND IN NIGERIA, I SPOKE WITHOUT HER TODAY HE TOLD ME SHE IS GOING TO HELP YOU IN THE PAYMENT OF SOME PART OF THE MONEY AND YOU ARE TO LOOK FOR THE BALANCE PAYMENT."

I may be an idiot for this comment, but would you please be kind enough to shed some light as to what the friend you have in Nigeria has anything to do with the UK National Lottery? I suppose local friends could be of help, or is it that you have to admit that you don't have any local friends? I don't intend to insult you but it simply strikes me so hard I cannot overlook it. Rest assured that I am completely intolerant on racism, but up to this point the transaction reminded me of a sad experience.

A good friend of mine was informed that he won an international lottery. He was instantly delighted but was unable pay a fee beforehand. When asked for help he went through the friend referral exchange similar to what I see now. After he paid a sum at one point he was told for some reason he had to pay more. This went on and he waited in vain. One day, he rechecked the time/date of the first email. He waited for 50 days until he shot himself through the head. I saw the whole incident; when the shot rang it was 4:19 am exactly. Another friend got some email from a merchant in Nigeria about a USD$20M offer. After a similar email exchange he gave away tens of thousands, waited for three weeks for nothing, and set himself afire with petrol and benzene. Believe it or not it's real. It saddens me to think about this but something I cannot comprehend is compelling me to think in this direction.

Sorry to digress the topic for so long; about the message you sent me. I apologize for my ignorance again, but since when did she become a he and back again so quickly as you wrote loudly and clearly? I mean, is "it" straight or otherwise? Does "it" bat for the home team or the guest team? If you don't know either ask "it" or let "it" read this. I'm fine with either, rest assured, I don't discriminate. I am completely straight and it's not like either of us go one way or another right? (I'm sure that I don't, but have you?). It's ok if you do choose to sway, I understand. As the saying goes, we live life once, so gotta' give everything a go if you could. It's not like I haven't thought about it before. We all know that the players get tired, so it'll help them out to switch teams from time to time. By the way, which team are you batting for?

I apologize a third time for my aggravated stupidity and must look up to you as my mentor, but how do you speak without her and be able to find out so much information? You must be a total psychic for being able to do this, in my philosophy. I may be such a dumbass to believe that there are such supernatural powers out there and that I am here to encounter such a superhuman. I may be totally wrong and I do admit, but please be patient on me to shed some light? This would be much appreciated.

I am confused about the deal and very frustrated about what I have to do at the moment. I hope you understand.

If you are not completely serious and honest about the deal, let me know and we will initiate termination as soon as possible. The landlord is constantly reminding (or, warning) me about my outstanding payments, and I can foresee my future looming to an end without my anticipated sum as my much-needed aid. Please notify me if you wish to terminate the deal as soon as possible so I can proceed with my only ways to support myself financially (the only means I will take to do so are as stated previously).

Do be informed that I am at grave need of your assistance if you are willing to offer so.

I am extremely stressed and tired for being with the screen for so long, and needless to say my hands are rigid now. If there are any typos it's due to my undue tiredness and not due to my lack of seriousness. Thanks for your understanding.

I shall thank you for providing your whole and undivided attention to the entirety of my message. After all, it took so long to write and it is quite a bit to read.

Yours truly,

Darren S. Burley

Two days go by with silence. I fire off another one.

Sent: Monday, August 4, 2008 2:47:39 PM
Subject: Re: I FIND OTHER WAY TO HELP YOU
Hello,

It has been a few days since your last email. I wonder if everything is alright on your side. For me, needless to say I am in pretty deep trouble at the moment. I contacted the email address you sent me, but for some reason I received a mailer-daemon message stating that the email cannot be sent.

I shall await your reply. Do note that due to my situation it is essential that I get the transaction done asap, so it would be great if you could help me by replying as soon as possible. Time is running out on my side.

Yours truly,

Darren S. Burley

Finally he replies. It took quite a while, and unfortunately he ignores my questions. I guess he’s pissed. 

Sent: Tuesday, August 5, 2008 1:40:38 PM
Subject: HELLO Darren Burley

Dear Darren Burley

MRS HELEN CARL will contact you sa soon as possible i just call on her

CONTACT MY FRIEND ON HER E-MAIL (He ignored me! I hate it when he does that.)

MRS HELEN CARL
[email protected]

MR.HENRY KEN
DESPATCH OFFICER.
Unit 2
424 Portswood Road
Southampton
Hants
SO17 3SD
United Kingdom.

I tell him I can’t seem to contact Helen but failed every time. As smart as he gets, he doesn’t get it.

Sent: Tuesday, August 5, 2008 8:56:44 PM
Subject: Re: HELLO Darren Burley

IT'S BEEN FOUR WHOLE DAYS!!! WHERE WERE YOU???

Now with the serious talk. If you read my email I sent 4-5 days ago you would realize that I did in fact contact her but it failed for some reason. Over the course of 3-4 days I made a total of 22 attempts to contact her. Seconds later, needless to say, I received a mailer-daemon.

I've been waiting for so long for your response I thought you had given up on me. As a matter of fact I'm running lower and lower on supplies so I'm getting more and more desperate. Forgive me for any attitude problems.
By the way, I sent you a very long email some time ago. Did you receive it? Please do reply to it, and do answer my questions there. I am very confused and want to know those answers soon. Thanks in advance.

I shall wait in anticipation for your reply. Please do so asap.

From,

Darren S. Burley

Just in case you’re wondering, I’m too lazy to bother with Helen. At the time I’m baiting 3 people and that’s good enough for now.

Sent: Wednesday, August 6, 2008 9:46:20 PM
Subject: new development

Dear Burley

I understand the content of this letter, i want to assure you that this is not a scam it is a real lottery winnings for the national lottery company, and you are going to get your money without any risk of losting your money as you said the scams did to your friends.
i will like to inform you that there is not time and time is fast spend , you have 7 working day to claims your prizes, if you didn't claim before this seven working days you winning prizes will be retured to the national company office for a new draw and new winner that is this law of the national lottery company.

you have to make payment of the charges to my office in the uk to enable the commence of the delivery in the uk to your home doorstep in your country without any delay of delivery.

Mr henry ken

He does reply a little bit to my long reply, and tells me I’m on a time limit. Yikes! It’s good he changes the way he addresses me, but he hasn’t changed his proficiency at typing.

To distress him a little, I tell him I’m getting really sick. So sick, in fact, that the typing at the end of this email is skewed. Readers please be warned that this email, particularly the end, may cause double vision.

Sent: Friday, August 8, 2008 12:51:17 AM
Subject: Re: new development
Dear Mr. Ken,

Good timing. I'd thought you'd given up on me.

If I haven't explained clearly enough of my dire situation I cannot do so further more. You should very well know what situation I am at now. You said you will help me in another way but that email address is completely unusable. Twenty-two attempts did I send the email to contact the person, and twenty-two mailer-daemon error messages did I get in return.

I am starting to become infuriated by this whole lottery winner thing. I thought you would help me, but maybe I was wrong. By the way there are many unanswered questions in my other reply I am awaiting. Please return to the reply for more information concerning this.

I am attempting to claim my prizes. Please do put the prize on hold.

Tell me, are you completely certain that this is legit and not a hoax? I have belief in this transaction, and once again please note I have absolutely ZERO tolerance on jokes played on me. I'm not sorry for my harsh wording, I mean it and I really do.

Now, as I am typing this I am feeling an intense headache from my stress. Just so you know, I was taken to the ER some days ago. They told me I went through a series of 3 seizures and fell unconscious. I learned that afterwards I had some stress disorder as well as severe depression, likely arising from what I'm in right now. I'm on prozac at the moment, and I just can't seem to get the message across that death isn't a big thing. Well, I can't deny I haven't thought about it before. At least not at this second.

I''m llosing mysellf now. I gotta'' get myself straiight. I awaiit your message but for now I''ll need to take some more prozac. Excusse me for my typiing iif anythiing I am haviing shaky hands and some bllury viison.

Yours trully
Darrren S. Burlley

Sent: Friday, August 8, 2008 9:59:26 AM
Subject: thanks for the mail MR BURLEY

Dear Burley

this is not an hoax , it's a real lottery winnings you won a lottery, i just contacted my friend she will write you a mail.

you are going to get your money don't be afriad this is real.

Best wish

Henry ken

I tell him I’m getting frustrated. I skew the email from my “headache”.

Sent: Friday, August 8, 2008 12:29:08 PM
Subject: Re: thanks for the mail MR BURLEY

Dear Ken,

I haven't gotten my answers from the many questions I've asked in the long email I wrote some days ago. You do realize that I spent a lot of effort and time to write that, do you? Please do answer my queries asap, the answers are very important to me. I am starting to get upset and angry for this.

I'm happy that you are starting to reply more promptly. Thanks. However, one thing I don't get is why I continue to receive mailer-daemon error messages for sending the friend an e-mail. I have given it seven attempts already, all to no avail.

Regarding the lottery, will you please put the winnings on hold? I am desperate to claim the prizes but my current condition is hindering me. My headache is starting to devellop and II wiill have to rest for the day beforre I start to feeell diizzy from my bllurred viision.. Actualy II am goiing to have to sttop now, excuuse me for my typiing iif anythiingg..

Yours trullly,,
Darrren S.. Burrlley

Instead of making this boring with a flurry of emails explaining to him the email doesn’t work for me, I’ll just summarize a few things. So, he gets Helen to contact me in which I completely ignore and tell Henry the message is garbled. I decide to bluff my way through with a problem with my mail server, saying that it filters the messages from Helen unless the subject line is “Chicken”. Unfortunately it doesn’t work. I then give him 3 days to respond to me. However, he doesn’t respond. I guess he wants to know what happens after I “see what I’ll do for myself”. I wait for a few days just in case, but he doesn’t respond.

Let’s give the deal a good twist. I introduce him to Darren’s teen daughter. Her name is Janice Q. Burley. Needless to say, I’m the one working behind the stage for both characters.

Sent: Tuesday, August 12, 2008 10:43:27 PM
Subject: Dear Sirs

Dear Sirs,

It may come to such a surprise as to why this message of mine has appeared in your inbox. I am sorry for this sudden email, but I would like to ask about some things.

About the loan, please bear with me as I explain my need of the loan, which is the reason I'm writing this in the first place. Well, my name is Janice and I'm 14 years old. My parents were divorced. I live with daddy because my parents argued and fought with each other until my mom recently became abusive towards me. At the same time I moved in I learned that my dad lost a lot of money due to a financial breakdown. As a result he was forced to work a low-end job to live in an unkempt shack, and I dropped out of school. To ease the problem I had to take up prostitution to pay the bills, but over time I had to do it more often. Some days ago I returned from work when I saw the scene. Out of the traumatic, bloody mess I was horrified as I realized one brutal fact before me: dad shot himself. Proof of this is in attachment. I cried for three days, and accumulated the money from pawning and work for his burial. When my dad committed suicide, in addition to writing the "I love you" note, he wrote me a letter about some lottery he won and is willing to pass on to me (which is also how I got the email address I am sending) and enclosed he had his Y! Mail and password written. I am in extremely urgent need of money at the moment. Given such, would it be possible that the lottery winnings be transferred?

I hope you understand my situation. As I try to make clear of my writing through my tears I anticipate your reply.

From,

Janice Q. Burley

I found a scene in a movie where some guy shot himself. I attached it for the scammer. Due to the nature of the picture I am not going to upload it here. Let’s see how he reacts.

Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 2:24:49 AM
Subject: Rappid despatch Courier Company (He couldn’t spell his own company name correctly? Interesting!)

Dear Janice Q. Burley,

Am so sorry to hear this,such is life.We have problem now because you are 14years old if I let the National Lottery Board to hear this you will be disqualified automatically because it is valid for 18yrs and above which your dad fall into the category.

Only what I can do to help on this matter is for you to try raise 490GBP(pounds) and send it to Mrs Helen carl in Nigeria. She is an international business woman and she only can help you recieve the cheque and come to your country to pass it on physically.The 490GBP is the delivery security charge including some expenses to settle here in UK before releasing the cheque to you.

Contact Mrs helen now via the email: [email protected] for payment instruction on how to direct it to her in Nigeria.After sending her the payment we will deliver the parcel to her and she will claim it for you from the bank and meet you in your country to give you your money physically.

That's the only way I help you because of your late Dad.

Mr.Henry Ken

He shows sympathy for me. At least I know it’s working! 

To show how desperate I need the money, I add some intense prostitution to the mix. Let’s see how it goes.

Sent: Wednesday, August 13, 2008 4:29:29 PM
Subject: Re: Rappid despatch Courier Company
Dear Mr. Ken,

Thank you for your prompt reply. I realized I have forgotten to mention some things before, but with the reminding of this email I found that I have two options. I could get my sex partner Al C'Poan to collect the winnings on behalf of me if this is allowed in terms of the rules & regulations. Don't worry, he's 22. I talked to him just then, he said it'll be fine as long as I either give him half the money or have him "own" me until the end of September (about 45 days). I guess it means that he can have sex with me anytime and anywhere in addition to having me drink vodka and smoke cigarettes with him, but at least I'll have a place to stay. Otherwise I'll find some sex partners around the city, which I guess I'll have to do it for some time before I accumulate the cash.

About Helen, I made 5 tries to email her just now but all of them failed with error messages in return. It appears to me the email is nonexistent. Are you sending me a working email address? I have a feeling this is either a joke or a prank, neither of which funny and both of which infuriating.

Is it possible that the 490 GBP be deducted from the winnings or otherwise? Sorry to make the situation awkward but I may have to borrow some from you if you wish. Otherwise I'll have to find more customers.

You do realize that it is quite difficult when a 14-year-old teenage girl has to sell her body to big men in the twenties, right? The other time I had sex with the 30-year-old for some cigarette money he played with me for an hour and only gave me $2. I've just had 2 abortions so I'm a little weak. I'm kinda' scared I might have some STD but for the money you need I will work harder until I get it.

Please reply asap.

Signed,

Janice Q. Burley

Sent: Friday, August 15, 2008 1:34:11 PM
Subject: PEASE KEEP CARE OF YOURSELF

DEAR Janice Q. Burley

I JUST SPOKE WITH MRS HELEN SHE IS GOING TO CONTACT YOU,

THERE IS KNOW NEED TO LET YOUR SEX PARTNER TO HELP IN THE COLLECT OF YOUR WINNING MONEY, MRS HELEN WILL DO THAT FOR YOU.

I AM SORRY THAT THERE IS NO WAY THE CHARGES WILL BE DEDUCTED BECAUSE IT IS A PARCEL THAT IS READLY TO BE DELIVERY TO YOUR DOORSTEP.

MAY BE MRS HELEN CAN HELP YOU SHE WILL CONTACT YOU AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

BEST WISH LOVE

PEASE KEEP CARE OF YOURSELF PLEASE, STIAN OUT FROM PROBLEM.

MR HENRY KEN

He does his all-caps again. It’s annoying!

Time to throw in the dead-email excuse at Mr. Henry Ken! On top, let’s add some more sexy things to the mix.

Sent: Saturday, August 16, 2008 4:52:52 AM
Subject: Re: PEASE KEEP CARE OF YOURSELF

Mr. Ken,

Thank you for the email. However, it seems to be a problem. When I contacted Mrs. Helen Carl, I apparently received a mailer-daemon message. It's a message someone gets if their email message does not get sent properly. I am no technical wiz, but a brief inspection of the content revealed that the email does not exist! I don't know what the deal is here, I believe you sent me a real address, but every time I send it to Mrs. Helen Carl this happens. To top it off, I received no email from her since. I presume the email is dead.

So, because of this I think I'll have to work harder to get the money. I'm still talking to Al C'Poan at the moment, he says he doesn't mind waiting for me to make my choice. He even gives me $5.00 every day as well, as long as I am willing to make out with him every other night. I've decided that I will allow him to own me until the end of September for the purpose of this deal. He will send you an email if you decide to allow him to collect the winnings on behalf of me, for which please let me know of your decision via email.

Please let me know asap. I await your reply.

Signed,

Janice Q. Burley

Sent: Saturday, August 16, 2008 1:09:40 PM
Subject: HELLO anice Q. Burley

DEAR Janice Q. Burley

I HOPE YOU HAVE A NICE DAY TODAY,

IF YOU TRUSTED HIM IS OKAY HE CAN REPRESENT YOU, YOU HAVE TO BE CARE ON THIS DECISION YOU HAVE TAKING.

HE WILL BE RESPONSIBLE OF THE PAYMENT FOR ALL THE CHARGES ON DELIVERY.

TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF OUT THERE OK

BEST WISH

MR HENRY KEN

Not only did he write it in all capitals again, check out the Subject line! He even misspelled Janice! I am outraged for having him misspell my name. I’m not, really, but let’s see if I can make him apologize for him.

Sent: Saturday, August 16, 2008 9:00:58 PM
Subject: Write me the letter of apology.
Mr. Ken,

OMG! I can't believe you misspelled my name in the subject line! I feel very insulted for this. For doing this, I want you to apologize to me. You will hand-write the apology letter on A4 paper in an appropriate size. I do not want a simple sorry, you are to write no less than TWENTY (20) lines. Sign and date the letter and scan it on email attachment as soon as possible. Until you do that I will cease communication with you SOLELY for having you insult me like such, and I will NOT put up with it, EVER!

About the reply, why did it take so long? Also, I can't stop the thought in my mind but what is Helen? Is "it" a he or a she? In my terminology, is he straight? Does he/she bat for the home or guest team? Answer those for me, too.

I want to trust you but you have to make yourself one I can approach. If I feel that this deal is fishy I will have to work hard very soon. Just so you know, I'll have to find at least 330 customers (I worked it out) to support myself for the rest of the year. That, by the way, does not include Internet cafe or "delivery charges", or customers who **** around with me and pay nothing. It'll be a little easier for me because I'm hot and sexy, but until you get a 14-year-old girl to work like I do you'll probably never get what I'm talking about.

If you want me to take good care of myself you must cooperate to ensure a successful deal. Otherwise, it'll be hell for me.

Write me the letter of apology and scan it to me asap. If you don't mean it, don't bother - I'll terminate it on your response and I'll be out finding 330 customers to have sex with.

Janice Q. Burley

A day goes by, and still no response. I wonder what’s going on? I send him another one.

Sent: Sunday, August 17, 2008 3:15:32 PM
Subject: Awaiting.

What's the deal?

Are you writing the apology letter or what? Presuming you intend to apologize at all, I'll wait for you. I won't give you 10 years to write it, so please do it soon before we can continue the deal, otherwise it will be presumed you are insincere and I will have to work instead (or **** with people, really, if you want to call it that way). I've done it thrice today, but 327 times will be a lot. If I have to do it, I can't and won't care less of myself. I'm a strong-willed girl and it takes hell to stop me.

If possible, please acknowledge my replies and give me an expected date of completion for the letter. I shall await to hear your reply soon.

From,

Janice Q. Burley

I haven't heard from him since, and I sent him another email asking for his apology. While I await his reply for some more messing around, it'll be great if any of you could give any personal experiences or constructive criticism or comments like such, and I'll greatly appreciate it. Thanks for reading.
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 2:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As you'll probably have discovered if you've already read and examined how he's reacted to your replies, your long and detailed responses will get very little attention at the start of a bait. All he wants is your money---and now!---and he's invested no time or emotions in your character so far, so he's not going to bother reading through page after page of reply. At least, not until he's firmly on the hook.

How to get him on the hook?

Take your time with him. One reply per day. Stretch it out. Make him spend time and money on your character so that he feels he really should read everything you write, instead of just firing off the next part of his pre-written script at you. And, of course, if you stretch the bait out, he'll run out of pre-written replies and be forced to write things himself.

Anyway, good to see you've put the dates of the emails in! Which means you get a 3-weeker on my table here. If he replies, I'll change it to "ongoing" and update as the weeks go by.

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic