SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

First time baiter. Stuck, please advise!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
corndog
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all,

This is my first ever scambait, totally stumbled onto this chump on craigslist.com while looking for a home for rent. It was way too low for the area and I knew something was up but was bored at work and wanted to see how far I could take it. I just found 419eater.com and haven't trolled through all the forums yet, so I may have broken a few rules early on. No-no #1, I used my personal email addy. Half way through I changed my name to Ron Jeremy but am still using the same email. Will set up a fake one for the next one.

Anyhow, I think I hit a wall. I forged the moneygram doc and he is pissed cause the money is not there. Feels great to think he might have actually bought my terrible fake. Now he wants my phone number... no way I am going there. Please help.

Thanks!
(Color codes for HTML is giving me trouble, going to keep it simple)

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Subject: $1200 / 2br - Furnished 2 Bedroom Eastside Costa Mesa Home For Rent at Orange
To: [email protected]
Date: Wednesday, August 6, 2008, 3:05 AM

Hi,

What is the catch? Did you mean 2200? Sounds too good to be true. But if not, I would like to see it asap.

Thanks,
Ron
________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sent: Wed 8/06/08 7:39 AM
To: Ron Jeremy <[email protected]>

Thanks for your email and it is my gladness to hearing from you I am Mr Johnny Morales the owner of the house you are making enquiry of located at  1890 Orange Avenue at 19th Street,East Side Costa Mesa,CA,USA...Actually I resided in the house with my family,such as my wife and my only daugther before and we had packed due to my transfer from our working place and now situated in the west Africa for a program called "Empowering Youth to Fight Racism, HIV/AIDS, Poverty and Lack of Education, and presently my house is still available for rent for $1200 Refundable Security Deposit $800.

NB:I will like you to go ahead and view the apt it is located at 1890 Orange Avenue at 19th Street,East Side Costa Mesa,CA,USA...You can go ahead and Drive by the apt.

Special Inclusions:
Pergo Flooring,Kitchen bar,Crown molding,Double cast-iron sinks with disposal,Self cleaning ovens,Built in microwaves,Frost free refrigerator,Multicycle dishwashers,Full size washer and dryer,Entry closets for extra interior storage,Cable ready for television,Oversized windowsFrench doors
At Home Conveniences:
24 hour fitness center,Controlled access to underground parking,Complimentary use of copier and fax machine,Professional onsite management,Trash chutes,Additional storage available,High speed internet access available ..
- Linen, Washing Machine, Dryer, Iron, vacuum cleaner.
- Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Freezer, Cooking rings, Oven, Dinnerware and serving pieces, Toaster, Coffee Maker, Kettle, Mixer.
- TV, cable TV basic access, Internet by ADSL-CABLE + WIFI ACCESS.
- Heating: Electricity
2 big double and one individual (with plenty of wardrobe)Full bathroom with full-size bath and another small bathroom with WC, basin and showerVery big and joyfully decorated kitchen, with table for four people: all appliances, dishes, cutlery, Very spacious living+dining room (45 m2), direct access to terrace (8m2): safa, carpets, table and chairs, covered yard with washing-up spaceFirst quality linen and towels, and first quality bedCentral heating in all roomsWashing machine and dishwasher, both new and very good qualityTV and Hi Fi system (radio-CD-cassette system + stereo loudspeakers) Telephone line (free urban and national calls) + WI FI ADSL

I am with the keys and the document to the house i try to look for an agent that we can give this document before we left but could not see and we are as well as dont want our house to be used any how in our present that is why we took it along to us here,Pls i want you to note that i am a kind and honest man and also i spent alot on my property that i want to give you for rent,so i will solicite for your absolute maintenance of this house and want you to treat it as your own,is that taken,The money is not the main problem i am looking for a resposible person that can take very good care of property,So i want you to keep it tidy all the time so that i will be glad to see it neat when i came for a check up.i do that once in a while.I also want you to let me have trust in you as i always stand on my word.

So i hope you will promise us to take very good care of the house.So get back to me on how you could take care of our house or perhaps experience you have in rentiong home.Hope you are okay with the price of  $1200 with Security deposit of $800($2000) with  Amenities:- Linen, Washing Machine, Dryer, Iron, vacuum cleaner.
- Dishwasher, Refrigerator, Freezer, Cooking rings, Oven, Dinnerware and serving pieces, Toaster, Coffee Maker, Kettle, Mixer.
- TV, cable TV basic access, Internet by ADSL-CABLE + WIFI ACCESS.
- Heating: Electricity
- Hot water: Electricity and High Speed Internet available and so on.

i look forward to hearing from you ASAP so that i can forward you an application to fill out and discuss on how to get the house for rent,also are you ready to rent it now or when?Thanks,
Await your reply.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Subject: RE: $1200 / 2br - Furnished 2 Bedroom Eastside Costa Mesa Home For Rent at Orange
Date: Wednesday, August 6, 2008, 4:47 PM

Hey Johnny,

That's quite an email. Couple of questions before we proceed:

- I know this area well and there are no "24 hour fitness center,Controlled access to underground parking". What are you referring too?

- Is it a home or apartment? "...Eastside Costa Mesa Home" "...and view the apt it is located at"

- If we want to tour it this weekend, and you are in africa fighting poverty, who will be giving us a tour? And will they be our landlord?

- Do you have any more pictures?

Thanks for your quick response, we are ready to move in this month.
Ron

Sent: Wed 8/06/08 12:39 PM

Thanks for the reply.
Peace be unto you and your family,Good hearing from you that you shall be promising us that our house will be well taken care of,and i appreciate your expression.So, i want you to stick to your words.Is that okay with you?And the below is the final question that you must answer to qualify for the rent of my rent?

NB:I will like you to go ahead and view the apt it is located at 1890 Orange Avenue at 19th Street,East Side Costa Mesa,CA,USA...You can go ahead and Drive by the apt.The place is locked for Now so you can only drive by,

NB:I will be sending the Keys and Documents to your Current address Fill Out in the Application form

Here are the answer to your Questions
- I know this area well and there are no "24 hour fitness center,Controlled access to underground parking". What are you referringtoo?
- Is it a home or apartment?Home "...Eastside Costa Mesa Home" "...and view the apt it is located at"
- If we want to tour it this weekend, and you are in africa fighting poverty,who will be giving us a tour?The place is locked for now,You can only Drive by
- Do you have any more pictures?Yes

However,I know that you are ready to rent the house now,then that will not be a problem but we will advice you due to a responsible person like you, to be able to afford the 1st month fee now,Pls let me know how many month deposit you are willing to pay and also we would like to send the following document to you via the DHL to the address you will fill out to me and the tracking number will be sent to you so that you can possible occupy our house,Pls once again,we are giving you this on trust and do not dissapoint us and i promise you that you will love the house.And some documents for you to sign and get back to me with a copy of the document signed.

1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
2)Paper/Permanent house form(Containing your reference details)
3)The house documetary file.
4)Payment Receipt.
5)Full address and description of the house.

RENT APPLICATION FORM
Also,Pls let me get this answers
1)Your Full Name:
2)Your Full Address & Phone Number:
3)How old are you?
4)Are you married?
5)How many people will be living in the house?
6)Do you have a pet?
7)Do you have a car?
8)Occupation?
9)How many Month Contract

Looking forward to hear from you with all this details so that i can have it in my file incase of issuing the receipt for you and contacting you. Await your urgent reply so that we can discuss on how to get the document and the key to you,please we are giving you all this base on trust and again i will want you to stick to your words,you know that,we do not see yet and only putting everything into Gods hand,so please do not let us down in this our property and God bless you more as you do this.

Stay Blessed.
Await your reply now

Subject: RE: $1200 / 2br - Furnished 2 Bedroom Eastside Costa Mesa Home For Rent at Orange
Date: Wednesday, August 6, 2008, 9:33 PM

Thanks for your quick reply. We can't wait to move and I am a man of my word.

I am still not clear on your answers to my first questions.

Your first email mentioned there being a fitness center and underground parking. Does this house you are renting have a fitness center and underground parking? My wife and I drive nice cars and would love to park them underground. Plus we workout a lot. I have 19 inch biceps and a 40 inch chest.

I am still confused if this an apartment or home? You have called it two different things. I won't live in an apartment.

So I can't go inside? I really need to walk around and make sure it has the proper feng shui. A house with bad feng shui will bring bad luck to me everyday. Can you send me more pictures?

Is there a landlord? What is something breaks, who do I call? I have a hairy back and it tends to clog up shower drains pretty quick.

I can pay six months in advance if that is ok with you. But I would like to fax everything instead of email it. The internet is scary place and I don't want to get ripped off. Please email me all the forms after you find the answers to my questions.

Thank,
Ron

Sent: Thu 8/07/08 10:23 AM

Thanks for your quick reply. It is all well,Just to let you know that the house I am renting have a fitness center and underground parking so there will not a problem for you and your wife nice cars parking them underground.

Also I want you to know that this is a Home not an apartment,And I want you to know that I will be sending the keys and Documents to your Current Address because the place is locked for now.

In the attachment are the availble pictures and my Drivers Lincese to proof the Legitimity of this Rent.

And also I want you to know that you will be making the payment to me here in Nigeria Via Western Union Money Transfer.

So I will like you to get the Application Form Fill Out so that I can arrange for the Delivery of the Keys and Documents.

Stay Blessed.

NOTE: Please do not post fake IDs (even if obviously fake) without marking it as above. -- JMR

Sent: Thu 8/07/08 10:23 AM
To: Gan Hammer ([email protected])

Johnny,

It is such a lovely house. We drove by it the other day and can't wait to move in. All the furniture looks brand new! I am excited to have multiple threesomes on the living room sofa.

Your picture drivers license was too small, can you send a bigger picture just so I know you are telling the truth? How long did you live in Florida, did you like it there? Nigera is a far away and I need to know I can trust you. Also please send me a picture of your family (my wife wants to see your happy smiling kids).

I had a bad time with western union and I won't use them again, I would rather just send the six months rent we have saved via check to your home address.

Please scan and email me all the forms so we can get this process started.

Thanks,
Ron

Sent: Thu 8/07/08 1:21 PM

Dear,

Thanks for the mail,It is all well,Just to let you know that I live in Florida for 3Years...In the attachment is my Family pictures you Requested for and  also I am very sorry to hear that you have a Bad Time with Western Union in your Previous Days..So you can go ahead and make the payment via Money Gramm as it some days for Check to be delivered to Nigeria due to the Long Distance.

I will like you to go ahead and make the payment via Money Gramm Money Transfer to Mr OGUNMAKINDE OLAYINKA my Driver....And get back to me with the payment confirmation ...........So that i can ship the following to you via DHL.......

1) Entrance and the rooms Keys
2)Paper/Permanent house form(Containing your reference details)
3)The house documetary file.
4)Payment Receipt.
5)Full address and description of the house.

So as soon as you make the payment today and the payment is confirmed,I will send the keys and Documents to you Immediately By the Dhl,While I email you the Tracking# issued as the package Delivery confirmation.

And also I want you to know that I am only doing this base on Trust as I am feeling in my Spirit that you will be a Good Tenant,And I have already inform all the Enquirier regarding this rent that I have found you as my New Tenant so I hope you won`t let me Down in this Rent. and i promise you that,you will love the house.And you sign some document and get back to me with a copy of the document signed.

Money Gramm Sender Information

Sender Full Name: ??????
Sender Full Address: ?????????

Money Gramm Receiver Information

Receiver's Full Name :OGUNMAKINDE OLAYINKA
Receiver`s Address:212 Bond Street
Receiver's City: Apapa
Receiver's State: Lagos
Receiver's Country :NIGERIA
Refrence#:
Amount Sent:????
Text Question : Who answer prayer
Text Answer:God 

So i will like you to go ahead and make payment  and also get back with the (Refrence #) including the text Question and Answer)

Get back to me today..
Can`t wait to read from you...
Stay Blessed.

NOTE: Please do not post fake IDs (even if obviously fake) without marking it as above. -- JMR

Sent: Thu 8/07/08 1:31 PM

Dear Jonny,

Your pictures are too small. You need to send me a larger file size. You look nothing like your drivers license and I need to verify this is you. This would mean a lot to me as I have been burned in the past by people who send pictures of other people. I can't proceed without them.

Your wife looks well fed. Are you a chubby chaser?

Who is OGUNMAKINDE? That can't be you, because your name is jonny. I have a friend name jonny, he is a regular at our sex time parties and will be enjoying your furniture once we move in.

How much am I sending you again? We never agreed on a final price. Please answer all my questions and send bigger pictures so we can continue with our budding relationship.

In Allah,
Ron

Sent: Fri 8/08/08 3:58 AM

Ron

I want you to know that you will get the keys and Documents today as soon as you make the payment today.
So I will like you to go ahead and make the payment and get back to me with the payment confirmation.
Stay Blessed

Sent: Sun 8/10/08 1:36 PM

Ok Jonny, I spent all morning tracking down a moneygram location and packing up the rest of our stuff. We are ready to go.
Now even though you don't have any more identification, I trust in you and God that once you receive the money you will send us the keys to house on Orange street. We will even cover the moneygram fee because we want this so bad.

I have attached a scanned copy of the moneygram form, please tell me when you receive the funds. I put my trust in you.

Ron

PS. I have multiple email addresses due to all the spam I get and my numerous business dealings. My real name is Ron Jeremy (as it states on the form).

Sent: Mon 8/11/08 7:58 AM

Dear Jeremy, 

I went to the Money Gram this Morning to confirm your payment so that i can get the keys and Documents on Transit to be delivered to you and get back to you with the Tracking# issued by the Dhl as the package delivery confirmation but unfortunately,They inform me that the payment is wrong,Meaning there is no money on the Reference# 42399721.More so i will like you to know that i was insulted by the Money Gram thinking i was trying to scam them,And told me that they do not have any Transaction with the Reference# 42399721.pls go back to Money Gram for verification if the transfer has been made.Pls get back to me and let me know what is going on.

Can`t Wait to read from you.

Johnny Morales.

Sent: Mon 8/11/08 8:56 AM

Dear,

I am still waiting to read from you ASAP.

Stay Blessed.

Sent: Mon 8/11/08 9:20 AM

Dear,

Pls do get back with your Phone number so that I can call you incase I have any information to pass to you.

Stay Blessed.

Sent: Mon 8/11/08 9:22 AM

No fucking way! No no no, don't tell me that! I sent $3,200 to you on sunday and that number is valid because I saw the lady send it through the computer! If you don't have my $3,200 then who does? Huh, where is my fucking money!!

Sent: Mon 8/11/08 9:20 AM
Reply-to: [email protected]

Dear,

Pls do get back with your Phone number so that I can call you incase I have any information to pass to you.

Stay Blessed.

**EDIT** After I ignored the last 3 emails he sent, I got this angry tirade. Thought you all might enjoy (blocked his email so this thread is done).

Subj: THANK YOU AND CONGRATULATIONS FOR THE BAD JOB DONE

NO NO NO NO,WHAT THE HELL DID YOU MEAN????ARE YOU TRYING TO GET ME RIP OFF...THANK GOD I HAVE NOT SEND YOU THE KEYS AND DOCUMENTS AND THANKS GOD FOR MY WIFE SHE IS A COMPUTER LITERATE(DESKTOP PUBLISHER)SHE CONFIRMED TO ME THAT YOU HAVE JUST EDITED THE FORM TRYING TO SCAM AND TAKE OVER OUR PROPERTY..I DISAGREE WITH HER..AND WE PRINT OUT THE FORM AND BOTH WENT TO MONEY GRAM AND ALSO REVEALLED TO US BY THE BANK MANAGER AND THE MONEY GRAM OPERATOR THAT THE FORM IS FAKE.

WELL I HAVE TO SAY THANK YOU AND CONGRATULATIONS FOR THE BAD JOB DONE BUT LET ME ALSO TELL YOU THAT YOU ARE NOT PERFECT.

GET BACK WITH YOUR PHONE NUMBER I WANT TO CALL YOU.

BYE.

Last edited by corndog on Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Laughing He listed a house with amenities that go with an apartment! Laughing

I looked at the house in Google Street View. It's nice, but not impressive. For southern CA, though, that rent would be unbelievable.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
corndog
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, the craigslist people flagged it right after I emailed the guy. The rent should have been around $2500 a month to not raise red flags.

Any advise regarding the phone number request?
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If he has any of your real life info-WALK AWAY!!!

Hotmail afaik doesn't hide your IP.

There has been a case of a gang of scammers turning up at a baiters workplace and asking for the baiters 'character'

I'd suggest reading the stickies-threads at the top of every forum. I'd start with this one

Ask for a Mentor

Choose a new lad from Surplus

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>

Last edited by Donato on Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
corndog
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Really? K, I am out. Should I just block his emails?
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ignore him-he'll go away eventually.

Read the links i posted.

Rule Number #1 is Bait Safely. Get yourself a mentor, if you want craigslist scammers as opposed to 'lads' try looking on craigslist (as you did) or try Miscellaneous scams.

Plenty of flavours to choose from.

Oh welcome btw.

corndog
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the tips. If I decide to continue in the baiting game i will read all the rules and guidelines as well as set up some fake gmail addys. Like I said, got knee deep with this one before I found the site.
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No problems, corndog. Very Happy

IP stripping emails are suggested but not absolute- most of it depends on what your IP reveals about you. I use Gmail because I like the program and am often claiming to be elsewhere other than Oklahoma.

Donato's warning about using real information is the more serious issue, given that we are messing with criminals and the fact that the internet is just full of weirdos. Wink

Take your time and look around, and welcome here. Very Happy

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^

Knee deep in something that you don't wanna be standing in. The chances of a lad finding you/coming after you are very small-but a work (or a school/college) IP system will not hide your location, if you use gmail, fastmail or hushmail he'll need a court order to get your location released.

Don't forget that a scammer may well be in West Africa-but his buddies/associates could be in the next town.

corndog
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Great point. I know these people are criminals and not to be dealt with lightly.

Just for reference, at what point would they decide over to rough someone up? I mean at no point did it seem like he knew I was baiting him (at least to this novice)
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All depends how his 'youp!ssedmeoff' meter is set. All lads are different $100 to one lad could be as annoying as $5,000 to another.

edit to add...
Yes they will go as far as this

corndog
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

F-ing monsters. He was not a baiter, correct? Article said he actually went to africa to "close the deal" on their scam, yes?
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

No he wasn't a baiter, he was a victim who fell for their scam.

So were these...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/nottinghamshire/7380093.stm
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/cambridgeshire/3444307.stm

corndog
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yikes, I am scared straight.

If any of the mods or pro baiters read my exchange and think I am in danger please let me know so I can take whatever actions necessary.
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@corndog

Donato wrote:
Ignore him-he'll go away eventually.

Read the links i posted.

Rule Number #1 is Bait Safely. Get yourself a mentor, if you want craigslist scammers as opposed to 'lads' try looking on craigslist (as you did) or try Miscellaneous scams.

Plenty of flavours to choose from.

corndog
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Links read. Heading over to gmail soon to get the new identity rolling. Thanks again for the help. Don't know how you pros find the time to bait like you do. Awesome.
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^
No problem you're welcome. Oh and it's multi-tasking btw. Wink

JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You're not in any particular danger based on what you've posted -- baiters getting into real trouble with lads is a pretty rare occurrence, but you're better safe than sorry. That's why it's always a good idea to actually read all those FAQs and welcome messages we recommend upon signing up here. Wink

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
goodreverend
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 8:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think u r in grave danger!

you'll need to send me $1,000 via western union for my baiter protection services as soon as possible! Shipping is cheap from Nigeria.

Wink
Texas Twister
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Listen to the people who have been doing this longer than I. If you're concerned over it, go to www.whois.net and click on ARIN and enter your IP address. That will tell you what the IP reveals. If it is a generic block it's no big deal because he would have to have a court order to get the details from your ISP. Can a person use a web based proxy with hotmail or yahoo? I know Gmail doesn't allow proxies.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic