SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Any Credit Card experts about?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Stealth
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Looking for some ideas on what may have occurred, as follows:

My new Mastercard has been used for some purchases on Amazon. The only problem is it wasn't by me. This card has not been in an situation where it could have been skimmed and the only on-line transactions have been phone banking with the major telco here. Fortunately because I use on-line banking, I picked it up quickly.

The bank guy I first spoke to said that they must have had the card number and the CVH, however I can't see how they could have. So in case I have problems with the disputed charges, does anyone have any bright ideas on how this could have come about?
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Could it be you're a victim of 'phishing'? Did you respond to an email from your Telco with a linky maybe? It seems to me you must have left that information somewhere ..

You say you've only used it in phone banking transactions, maybe your phone is tapped?

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
Stealth
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No, as I said it could not have been skimmed and I think I know just a little bit about phishing not to have fallen for that. There are also no keyloggers, trojans or such things on my PC.

Phone tapping is more than a little unlikely.

So do we have any experts with ideas please?
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When you did your phone banking did you talk to a live person? What details did you have to give that person?

If live person he/she could be the culprit.

Also Amazon should have an IP log of where the purchase was made. That can then be traced back to see if it is a computer you would have had access to. If not then the CC company or Amazon should reverse the charge. Also Amazon should obviously have a record of where the items were sent.

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Certainly in the UK, banks are using temporary workers more and more. The banks will talk all sorts of fatuous rubbish about checks and security but the bottom line is that the people they use are strangers with no track record.

They may not have access to your PIN number but all other details are open to them as banking systems were not designed to allow access for this type of worker.

I also believe that a lot of work is being done overseas, so the banks throw responsibilty for security to some faceless third world company - of course it's all totally secure. Shocked

Personally I would bluntly tell the bank that you repudiate the transaction, insist on immediate repayment and refund of any charges and interest and authorise them to involve the police to investigate the receiver's address for the goods.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Stealth
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The Man wrote:
When you did your phone banking did you talk to a live person? What details did you have to give that person?

If live person he/she could be the culprit.

Also Amazon should have an IP log of where the purchase was made. That can then be traced back to see if it is a computer you would have had access to. If not then the CC company or Amazon should reverse the charge. Also Amazon should obviously have a record of where the items were sent.

No it was an automaton, not a human phone call.

I don't actually see much problem with Amazon and reversing the payments; as you say the IP and mailing address will almost certainly not be in my country. Its just as far as I can tell, there is no way I can see they could have got the CVH and card number, unless there is a problem with a couple of very large companies or with the card company itself.

Its an interesting issue though, as I know that certainly in the UK many years ago (twenty plus) it was not permitted for goods to be sent other than to the card holders registered address. If that was the case now then a lot of the fraud would be prevented.

GomerPyle wrote:
Certainly in the UK, banks are using temporary workers more and more. The banks will talk all sorts of fatuous rubbish about checks and security but the bottom line is that the people they use are strangers with no track record.

This is a very strong possibility, but one they will be very reluctant to admit.

Mod edit: Combined your posts because you double posted - SB Wink
Pachanga
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Do you use a cordless phone? Conversations can be overheard with something as simple as a baby monitor. If you used your card over the phone, you could have been at risk.

Closed lad accounts

Click here to support 419Eater.com
simpsonman3000
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 5:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I do hope you have canceled the Mastercard....?

So are they considering this a case of identity theft or what?

HEY YOU OLD DISEASED SLAPPER I KNOW YOU F**K ANYTHING AND SUCK EVERYTHING HEARD YOUR C**T IS SO BIG NOW EVEN A HORSE CANT FILL IT!!! ENJOY IT AND HOPE YOU GETS AIDS YOU DISEASED MUGA BASTARD!!!- Some lad got pissed when I called him a slut.
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cell phones can be monitored also, and information stolen.

You had to have given your CC info somehow because the chances of matching the CCV number to your CC number otherwise are pretty nil.

Edited to add: Or maybe as Gomer suggests, the culprit is a bank employee.

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22

Last edited by sheboppe on Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
GomerPyle
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Stealth wrote:
This is a very strong possibility, but one they will be very reluctant to admit.

If you have to deal with your bank beware of havng the attitude that you have to prove anything to them - you don't.

Pith Helmet - Frank - Lagos to Cotonou - co-bait with the vampire
Pith Helmet - Shorty - Lagos to Cotonou - My Agro Base farming where i rearing chicken and other animals was set ablazed overnight and we do not know who is actual behinde all these evils! -
I and my crew was locked up for 3 good days….They wanted to charge us to court but later we are fined an huge amount of money…I asked them why did they arrest the men, they started laughing and saying all sorts mockering words! -
…because now, am left with nothing and remember i told you my Guy (Joe) gave up earlier this morning
Stealth
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

sheboppe wrote:
You had to have given your CC info somehow because the chances of matching the CCV number to your CC number otherwise are pretty nil.

The first guy said pretty much the same, although when I cancelled the card the second person was more open minded. Mobile is not in the equation either, so its either as Gomer suggests or somebody in the other companies (who would probably have to be IT).
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Is it brand new or had you made purchases on it already? If you had already made purchases on it, the company you bought from could also have been hacked--remember it was only a few weeks ago that the media reported the major hacking case involving OfficeMax, Barnes and Noble, etc.

If it was brand new, I would question whether it was intercepted and info noted in the mail before you received it.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic