SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Sudden bombardment of scammer email

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
davidlivingstone
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 1:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi all,

I've just had a rather strange experience and I was wondering if anyone out there can explain what happened.

One of my baiting email accounts suddenly received about 24 emails in 8 hours. This email account has only been used to bait scammers and has not been posted on any message boards etc. All the emails were addressed to Char_lotte Ku_hns with the email address [email protected]_12.p_a.u_s (underscores added by me). A quick Google reveals this email addy to be that of a scammer (that I may have sent an intro bait).

The emails are mostly corporate advertising (50% off this and that, big sale etc) from what appear to be genuine companies (Papa John's Pizza, Sure Fit, metrostyle, Victoria's Secret). They do not appear to be spam - no hot deals on Rolexs or anatomical enhancement aids etc.

There is also what appears to be a corporate email with some sort of financial report with a reply and there are a number of emails that relate to schools.

The emails have stopped as suddenly as they started and there have been no more. Does anyone have any idea as to what may have happened here?

Thanks
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Your email addy got sold?

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
davidlivingstone
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:24 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I did think of that, but the emails seem to be sent to the scammer's email address and they look like mostly ligitimate advertising. Also, they stopped just a suddenly as they started. Spam never stops Crying or Very sad

I wonder if a Gmail glitch accidently delivered someone's email to me. Its seems pretty unlikely...
PsycheDelia_Smith
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Possibly, and likely, the lad has a nasty spyware infection that phones home with his address book, and everyone in it gets signed up automatically for spam.

"I am now completely twatted and shagged and will obey all your instructions to the fullest."-"Tosser" Oguguo

Golden Pith "Frankily speaking,I wouldn't want to travel to the far east again."-Edward Smith, Lagos-Singapore (14600 miles round trip via Dubai)

9x Safari 4 x Lagos-Accra , 3x Port Harcourt - Ibadan, 1x Lagos-Singapore, 1x Burkina-Bamako
Netherlands Nigeria Ghana South Africa
Sand Timer'Ed', 3 yrs 8 mnths Sand Timer'Oguguo',6 years and 4 months
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic