SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Bibles for India - is it a scam?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
juliette
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I received this spam in my baiting account:

Quote:
Dearly Beloved and Respected Brother in Christ,

Heartily greetings of love, grace and peace be to you in the splendid name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ I have immense pleasure to introduce myself to you as an ardent, faithful and devoted Gospel Servant of God, carrying on His service since last 9 years. I have established 6 Church congregations in 6 different places in Andhra Pradesh State in India. We do weekly worship, fasting prayers, youth Bible Classes, Revival meetings, Night Bible Prayer meetings and weekly Bible Programs etc., very regularly.

I and my co-workers have been carrying on outdoor preaching by spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ in visiting door to door, personal counseling, conducting street rallies, distributing the tracts, booklets and New Testaments and the Holy Bibles and we have been trying my best to save as many souls as possible. Our people are mostly Hindus and Muslims who are accustomed to worship ideals, cows, snakes and trees etc., I want to introduce myself, I am Pastor: S.John blessing Minister of (Holy Spirit Church) in India since 1997.

We are a small group of Fellowship having great desire in our hearts to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ among the people of India. Please do pray for the work of Jesus Christ in India. We need your prayers, co-operation and support for the work of Jesus Christ in India. Thank you so much. We are in need of Literature i.e., used Bibles, tracts, books and other children material for the use of the spiritual growth of the Indian brethren. Thank you so much. Please pray for Evangelism, Church Planting, Child Evangelism, Gospel Services and Charitable Services among the Hindu, Muslim and heath en communities of the Indian nation.

We are seeking your prayers and co-operation for the growth of the Ministries in India. Thank you so much. Hoping to hear from you soon with good news. Our main aim is to reach the UN reached via outreach of the Gospel of the Kingdom of God in India. Our motto is to win the lost at any cost. Please do pray for us. Thank you so much. We need your kind prayers, co-operation and support for the growth and development of the Ministry of God in India. Thank you so much.

Please do needful for the work of Christ in India. Please pray for the helpless children, orphans, needy women, widows and the downtrodden people in India. Please keep your kind hands on the poor through your kind hands. We ask your kind help at your level best in the name of Jesus. Hoping to hear from you soon.

In Christ,

Pastor: S.John Blessing

According to the header it really seems to originate from India. Is it a 419-type scam or is it something different? They don't seem to ask for money in this intro mail. Never saw anything like it and google didn't find anything. Might be interesting to have a lad from India.
BRUIN
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Check out the letter posted on this page:

http://www.gospelchurch.dk/guestbook.asp?mode=view¤tPage=8

on October 1, 2004, by Pastor Kumar. See any resemblance?

Bruin

Safari Ivory Coast to Ghana by Margaret Don & Angus (WIMP) - approx 524 miles, round trip

Safari Lagos to Ghana (WIMP) by Emanuel, approx 454 miles round trip

YOU CAN GO TO HAIL - Barrister Benard Koffi

YOU HAVE REALLY INCONVINSE THE CHAMBERS AND WE HAVE NEVER ENCOUNTER SUCH DIFICULTIES - Barrister Sinega Amah

I will not and will never link you up to someone that is reputable - Thomas Malcom

UR A FUCKING DESTITUTE. U WERE A DRAIN DUCK AND NOW U A SCAM FRAUDSTAR -- SMALL TIME 419. - Marcus Owen

South Africa

Hello Kitty! <--- TS certified
juliette
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 12:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So what kind of scam is it? Asking for used bibles doesn't seem to bring any profit. Except for finding live addresses for spam machines.
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Iirc, I have seen something similar turn into a scam. The easiest way to be sure is to reply with something anodyne, like a request for more information. Get into a conversation, and if they have not hit you for a donation or asked for £ for something else within 4 or 5 emails, then I'd leave it and find a clearer target. There are so many stone-cold lads that there is not a lot of point baiting the marginal ones. Smile

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
atallman
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

As a rule of thumb anything that starts with
Quote:
Dearly Beloved and Respected Brother in Christ,

is going to be some kind of fraud whether it is advance fee fraud or not is hard to say.
Let us know the email address so we can all have fun with this one.
Harry Pianis
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 10:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Really? I thought most of the people in India were Hindu, Buddhist, or Muslim. Confused

>>>Need some chickens?<<<
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteAIM AddressYahoo MessengerMSN MessengerSkype Name
Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 11:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ ^ ^

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christianity_in_India

aa419.org --dead a fake site today.

No, Akai, you're a wonderful bitch. --Reaper
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

juliette, how did you get on with this? Smile

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Pisspot
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There even some Indian Jews - I know, I met one (a British immigrant) a few years ago with an Indian rather than a Jewish name.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic