SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

MoneyGram Scam Procedures in USA

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
cheyenne
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi! New here. I think this may be the best forum to post this request (Note that I started a new topic...)

I am very interested in the procedures used by the MoneyGram/Postal Order/ etc., scammers HERE IN THE US. So, let us post some info/tips!!

If you think this subject is off-topic or suited for some other site (419 Eaters is the best I can find..), then let me know.

Meanwhile, let me start off with some tips on MoneyGram scam baiting (then I will post my experience.).

My scammer lists a US Postal Address:

NAME: Daniele L. Garcia
Add: 176 CAMPUS AVE
City: SIERRA VISTA
State: AZ
Zip: 85635

as the name/address for me to address the MoneyGram (obviously, they will show up at WalMart with phony ID -- see next post --).

Google MAPS!! shows a huge vacant area as the address. (It is right across from the community college!)

So... tip nr 1. Google the address

Another scammer lists:

15842 West Carmen Drive
Surprise - AZ - 85374

Well! SURPRISE! There is a house there. (a lot of houses!!).

Tip nr 2.

Reverse address the house. Wow! Bededict XXX and Eileen XXX live there! Now...they may have NO CONNECTION whatsoever to the scammers...but...ya never know!

At this point, I might add that my "baiting" of MoneyGram scammers in the US takes very little of my time. So far, I have cost them six over-night UPS packages and a lot of e-mails. But (see next post...) something very interesting turned up with one...

PS...Take a careful look at my signature poem. When I found it (two YEARS ago) I had no idea of its applicability!
yours, Cheyenne..........

Nice mice to an untimely death."
Geoffrey Taylor
Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

So far they are out very little. Pretty sure the UPS charge is bought with a stolen account # or stolen CC #.

I'm working them also. Just got my first shipment of bogus checks. Twisted Evil

"you are the must fool i have ever seen fuck you like the 12.5 million idoit dont write me again" Radebe Gumede 7-16-09 after his bank transfer failed.

"Sorry we do not know Mr. Gomer. Send that email fromthe so called gomer to us for scrutiny."- Devati Mooleedhar

SON OF A DOG GO EAT SHIT AND DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOSERRRRRRRRR.GET A LIFE--Bakar Saud (After Mr. Gomer chopped his dolla')

YOU ATE OUR MONEY AND YOU START MOCKING US--Bishop Anthony

Fake Checks Received= $63,487 US
cheyenne
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Again (esp Moderators...) let me know if this is not suitable for 419Eaters; point me to a MoneyGram Scam site????

I promised some more info.

OK.. Advertised two cars on a popular, free advertising (worldwide!) site. This was a genuine effort to rid myself of a 1994 Maxima and a 1994 Camry to clear the decks for a newer car this fall.

6 or 7 replies--- three were MoneyGram scammers.

Replied to all, two actually sent the phony money orders. Unfortunately, I gave them a fictitious address (worried...about revealing my actual location), so I could not retrieve the fake documents.

But! Curious thing happened. When I entered the tracking number (UPS) into UPS site, the following info appeared:

MINNEAPOLIS,
MN, US 08/14/2008 9:09 A.M. PKG DELAY-ADD'L SECURITY CHECK BY GOV'T OR OTHER AGENCY- BEYOND UPS CONTROL / UPS WILL CONTACT THE SENDER WITH DETAILS

Wha's up?? Is this because of the phony address...I gave to scammer? Or does UPS maintain a shared data base with USPS (gov) and flag names??

hmmmmmm

So... I immediately went to WalMart (yeah...this does take some time/$$$ on my part...!!) and sent a MoneyGram for $1.00 to the scammer.

Then, I called the nearest Wal-Mart to the scammer's address and told them that I discovered the scam AFTER I sent a Money Order and gave them the name of the recipient. (The manager did ask me why it was only $1.00 --- I told him that they had asked for a "good faith" transfer...a little weak...but he (mgr) seemed to buy it and promised to alert his MoneyGram desk, but said he could do nothing, except ask for additional ID.

So far, minor harassment.

The other scammer (with verifiable address...) will shortly receive a letter from me. (haven't composed it yet...! - since they may NOT BE the scammers....hmmmmm??)

My next step: I have a friend who inhabits a very small office complex (he is a resident caretaker..); he will let me use his address for UPS deliveries...

PS..my wife thinks I am nuts!!

Cheyenne

Geoffrey Taylor
cheyenne
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

to tasty snack..

Well...then...I suppose that every time that you get a valid tracking number..you should submit it to UPS, along with a copy of the e-mail that it was in. ????

Now, I do understand that these large organizations are not going to do extensive investigation or research...but at least they can FLAG the account number???

(I also can very well imagine that the "authorities/3d parties, etc...don't want to hear from baiters; they really like actual victims, who will testify, have actual grievances, etc...)

hmmmm, I will contact UPS and see how they respond to my sort of info.

or....does someone else have direct experience with UPS????

Cheyenne (who, actually, was my dog!! - current canine is: Laramie!!)

PS...the more I look at my signature poem, the more I realize it simply HAS to be the official poem of 410Eaters!!

Geoffrey Taylor
Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

UPS is well aware of the fraud that occurs on their network.

The problem is that you are going to burn your lad (bait) if you report every shipment. Best if you pretend you didn't get it, it was messed up, etc.

Check lads are very satisfactory to bait.

If you click on the note in my siggy you can donate to baiter. If you become a premium member you can gain access to "boxes" that you can have stuff sent to. This way you can get a trophy (fake) check.

The important thing is that you killing the lads time.

Keep baiting safe, and don't have anything sent too you. Good luck.

"you are the must fool i have ever seen fuck you like the 12.5 million idoit dont write me again" Radebe Gumede 7-16-09 after his bank transfer failed.

"Sorry we do not know Mr. Gomer. Send that email fromthe so called gomer to us for scrutiny."- Devati Mooleedhar

SON OF A DOG GO EAT SHIT AND DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOSERRRRRRRRR.GET A LIFE--Bakar Saud (After Mr. Gomer chopped his dolla')

cheyenne
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well..

your opinion on the "exception" flag on the UPS tracking report?? See my 2nd post.

Was this simply cuz I used a fictitious address (ie, does not check out...??) or other???

Cheyenne

Geoffrey Taylor
Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 7:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

2 things probably happened.

Your parcel was in the system for 4-5 days. If it had been delivered in the first 2-3 it would have gotten to you if had given them a "real" address.

However, UPS tries for 3 times. If the driver went to an empty field, he would have made and "exception". The QA person at the terminal would make an attempt to determine if the address was real.

Then he would try to determine if the person it was going to was located in the town.

After seeing both were not valid they would attempt to reach the sender. They are also fake.

They would set aside the box for a couple of days (after noting the problems on the internal database-not the one you see when you track a shipment).

On day 4 or 5 the terminal would get a note from HQ indicating that either the label is on a stolen account #, or that they CC for the charge is contesting the charge.

Package then gets shuttled to the Fraud dept. Package is opened up, and contents seized. Another shipment dies.

Contact your lad and demand to know why your checks haven't arrived. Rinse and repeat until you are dropped.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic