SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

It's not just the FBI now!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The lawyer did reply, as it happens...

Quote:
We worked with the US embassy and the US CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION AGENCY in Abuja to verify and confirmed that the mail you got from FBI/IMF is fake.We wish to inform you that US CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION AGENCY is a legal agency of the United States Of America government. We called the FBI office and one of their secretaries connected us to Robert Mueller when he was in Vermont last week and we confirmed directly from him that he never sent a mail to you nor direct the IMF to take over your payment.

A little further on:

Quote:
It seems getting your payment direct from Africa is the cause of these problems and interferences from criminals.Paying you from UK will be better.

I replied:

Quote:
I know about the US Customs and Border Protection Agency - the problem is, whoever communicated with me, in that force's name, is a fake. If you're vouching for them, that doesn't look good for you.

His reply (in separate emails) added up to:

Quote:
If that department is not right,our enquiry and contact with FBI is good.However,if you insist on working with the fake FBI/IMF without taking our advise,you can please go ahead.

Quote:
The truth of the whole matter is that our investigation on the mail you got from FBI/IMF is that the mail is not from the office of the FBI director in Washington.Therefore,ignore it.

I kept at it, fending off a plaintive mesage from the banker Lad along the way.

Quote:
Just pay attention! The situation is this.
The message that the FBI/IMF sent hasn't been followed up, so its status is now marginal. However, your contact at the Customs office is definitely false, and you vouched for it.
Until I get a positive resolution of this dilemma, I am not disposed to choose either way.

He was stubborn:

Quote:
We have been in this profession for many years and we have been representing many corporations and institutions. If you think that our contact with the US CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION AGENCY is not good.Kindly correct us and tell us the right agency to contact or the right person in that office to contact.We are not going into arguements with you,we are in UK and not in Africa,but seeking for the genuine and legal contributions that will make us susccessfully help you get your fund transfered.

I decided that it was worth revealing their blunder (not the fact that their Customs office email of is so laughable):

Quote:
I have no idea whom to contact in the Customs Agency, and it's not my job to know that. However, it's a no-brainer to spot when an email from the customs agency is a fake - that is, when the sender is identified as the Fedex Courier Agency! And since they sent exactly the same message as the other one, it's dollars to donuts that both are blatant frauds! And since you vouched for them - that makes you a suspect.

He buttoned up a bit:

Quote:
The wisest thing for you to do is to send a mail to the US CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION AGENCY and explain to them your observation in the email you received from them. If their explanation is not satisfactory,then you can join issues with this office.Until that is done we ain't any suspect for any thing.Again we are not liable if there is mixup in mails you received from them.

What could I do but visit the appropriate website?

Quote:
According to the USCBP website, I could face a wait of up to two weeks if I post them a question. I'm not willing to wait that long. Their FAQs didn't help, BTW.

Smile

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
US_Spook
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:51 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Yastreb , Hmm, wow, they had connected to the Director in Vermont, I am impressed with you barrister he is AWESOME! If you want to have fun with him, you can ask him when he called the Director. The news reports him briefing the families of the tragedy on Wednesday (August 6) in Washington DC and then Vermont briefing a Senator on Thursday (August 7). You can make him squirm, when you ask him what day they spoke with the Director, and then slap him for getting his facts mixed up. To bad you can't do a phone modality, it would have been hilarious listening to someone pretending to be from the bureau...haha.

On a side note, to anyone who can answer, if you slap a lad by pointing out the emails you receive are suspect, and they mistakenly sent you mislabeled emails (e.g., the email says Western Union Security but the email talks as if it is FedEx Custom Critical Courier Service)...do you risk they will realize you are on to them? Or are they just so greedy that they take the slaps, and just persist? I am curious, because I have a few baits that I don't want to lose, but I soooo badly want to slap them. HARD!
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@US Spook

We tend not point out 'lad errors' that may alert a real victim that something is amiss.

As for your desire to slap some lads-pop down to the Insulting Mass Bait located in the Publish Your Work thread. They love the abuse so much they even reply!!! Wink

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
US_Spook
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Donato, Gotcha. I thought as much, but I figured I would ask. I guess sometimes, I wonder if I notice something grossly wrong, should I just ignore it, or play stupid and ask questions. And then accept their SUPER lame answer. Thanks for the clarification.
Ura Hogg
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

After reading about these FBI emails, I have an idea for the next person who gets an "FBI" email.

Simply tell the lad that due to scam emails reportedly coming from the FBI, the agency now prints a daily password in all major US newspapers. Any email from an FBI agent will have the password of the day which any US citizen can verify by reading the morning newspaper.

I don't know if that will put them off too quickly, or if they will find some way around it.
Yastreb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

With regard to the Lad blunder - I decided to reveal it if only because the Customs Service email was a minor part. It was a calculated risk. I left other blunders untouched.

I think the FBI will have to write to me again...

MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
US_Spook
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Ura Hogg, that would be too funny, I bet the lad's would start to look through the Internet for the passwords. What would be even funnier, if someone set up a "fake page" with passwords, and someone told the lads they have to go there to get the password. And they can be fun words and sassy words: Panti Claus. Haha.

@Yastreb, true, that is kind of funny, that they totally kept to script even though you called them for being confused on their script. Will you be getting the email from the lad (posing as the Fed) or are you going to tell him you got another one?

Oh and on a side note, a friend of mine got the email a while ago from the Director telling her to respond to some hotmail email address...she thought it was strange someone would really believe that. I told her there probably is a small percentage of people who are gullible about things like that. I am surprised the nobody from the Bureau has released a press release about it, even if just making fun of the email. Hmmm....I may have to dig into this one a little.

Does anyone have the email? I am curious what it says now.
Yastreb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 9:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

US_Spook - I think I'll just quote from an old "FBI" email; I have a few to choose from. FWIW, Bob Mue11er's email these days is Laughing

The lawyer's reply to my last message was rather pathetic:

Quote:
We advise you to inform Sky3 Bank Plc to continue to transfer your fund.

I wasn't impressed:

Quote:
You have been about as much use as tissue paper flak armor. All this, and you haven't resolved a gorram thing! Where did you get your law degree from - the back of a cereal box?

The lawyer didn't take kindly to that:

Quote:
We are wondering why you sent such an arrogant mail to this office.We are not your attorney and are not representing you.We will not accept such dehumanizing mail from you again. If you are uncultured and lack socialization,this is not the best time to exhibit it.We know Americans here to be too proud and stupid,but its not yet time for you to exhibit it.Although we are not surprised at your arrogance.. Be careful on what you write to this office and concentrate on transfering your fund rather than ignorantly abusing any person that addresses your tranfer. We are really not happy with your last email to this office.

Slap for racism coming up...

Sand Timer x 7
US_Spook
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 10:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Yastreb, I think the sentence is Hilarious "We know Americans here to be too proud and stupid,but its not yet time for you to exhibit it.Although we are not surprised at your arrogance.. Be careful on what you write to this office and concentrate on transfering your fund rather than ignorantly abusing any person that addresses your tranfer." Basically he insulted you. THEN, he went back to, concentrate on giving us MONEY and stop insulting us. Haha. TOO FUNNY.

Does anyone have one of those infamous Fed emails now? I am getting really keen to read one.
Yastreb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Captain Mal gave the lawyer the proper contempt:

Quote:
So not only are you stupid, incompetent and deceitful, but you're also a racist. Let's just say that it's not too surprising. Bigotry goes hand in hand with small brains.

Then to the banker Lad:

Quote:
Either your lawyer Harrison Owen is a racist fool and you should have nothing more to do with him; or he's a racist liar working on behalf of frauds and conmen, and you should dump him at once.

Now it gets interesting. They're trying to retrieve the situation they got themselves into by spoofing US Customs.

Quote:
We feel shocked hearing from you that he spoofed a message from a US Federal agency - Customs and Border Patrol. We will contact him tomorrow and verify your claim.

So the lawyer gives me this:

Quote:
We got a report from our client that you are alleging that we spoofed the US CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION AGENCY mail in our favour to deceive you.We have contacted the USCBP and they stated that sometimes there are mixups in mails expecially with FedEx because they share the same internet server and a problem that developed last week which they have corrected. We never intended to deceive or spoofed any mail for deceit because we know the implications of such criminal act.

And the banker Lad backs him up:

Quote:
We have confirmed from Harris0n and 0wen Chambers this morning that they did not spoof any mail and that they have contacted the US CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION AGENCY and they said that the mixup may be internet server problem they had last week.

Time to consider my next move...

Sand Timer x 7
Yastreb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 10:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wrote to the bank last night:

Quote:
I doubt if there'll be a coherent - or credible - answer.

Then this morning, before opening Lad mails, I fired off some replies. First the lawyer:

Quote:
You're a liar, and I don't forgive that. Don't try to do that again because you're not even a good liar - you're too stupid to think up good lies.

Then to the bank:

Quote:
You haven't confirmed anything beyond the facts that Harrison Owen is a liar and you're foolish enough to believe him.

Not an hour later, the banker Lad replies!

Quote:
You do not have respect at all for telling this office that we are foolish enough to believe our attorney. If you are not ready for your fund,we cancel it rather than be receiving insults from you.
Do you know my age?You have to be very courteous in expressing your views and opinion.

My response:

Quote:
0wen may be your attorney but that doesn't make him any less a liar; or maybe you can't handle the truth. It doesn't matter either way.
I don't know your age and I don't see how it can be relevant.

Sand Timer x 7
US_Spook
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 11:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Yastreb, hehe...too funny. FedEx and US Customs and Border Patrol share the same server? HAHA. Like the US Govt wouldn't own their own servers? Man do they think we are that STOOPID? Better be careful, sounds like they are getting ready to pull stakes and quit.

That brings a general question to anyone. Do lads threaten to quit and then back down a lot? Is it their greed that draws them back?
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Yes, they quit often and then talent (and their greed) draw them back in. It is part of why it is called baiting, because like in fishing the goal is to keep the "intended" interested in what you are doing and off of other tasty morsels (like un-knowing victims).

About email servers, scammers are just trying to hook who ever will fall for their game. When we are educating potential victims, we do tell them to look at the email provider. It is a dead give away, but we DON"T tell the lads about that.

Glad to see that you are learning here! Thumbs up

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Yastreb

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 11:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Most recently from the Banker Lad:

Quote:
If you cannot believe our investigation and report,then you can conduct your independent investigation and give us your report. We have been chasing shadows so much.

I was terse in return:

Quote:
Your "investigation" involves talking with liars and your "report" is a summary of their lies.

Sand Timer x 7
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic