SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Forum.419eater.com is currently under a small DDOS attack

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
dr stephen williams
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, Rover, for keeping the site up and running! Thumbs up

Golden Pith x2 Safari x7 Tattoo x7 Closed lad accounts Mortar Vcamera Sand Timer x6 Team Turd Lgs-Dla Bnn-Lbra Acra-Dkar Dkr-Bnjul- Dkr-Tmbktu-Abche-Adre-N'djmna Lgos-Cairo-Aswn-Jail Ctnu-Lgos Ctnu-acra Lgos-Jbrg-Drbn-Prt-Elzbth-CT-Sprngbk-CT-Drbn-CT-Hrre-Lska-DsSlm-Mmbsa-Nirbi-Kmpla 28,510 Miles
Golden Pith Safari x2 Tattoo x6 Vcamera Sand Timer x4 Team Woody Acra-Sngpre Acra-Dkr-Rsso-Bmko Acra-Ctnu
Safari Lgos-Dkr-Rsso Sand Timer Vcamera (wKLG)
Safari x22 SS Sand Timer x3 United Kingdom United States Nigeria x303 : Closed lad accounts pyramid Mortar
Nurse Nastys Audi TTpony Whip Mc Fry Jack Boot
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice job Rover,

I'm stocking the bunker bar now, and getting the pizza out of the freezer, Vodka and gin are in the chiller, beer is in Obis' fridge, pimms I have had diverted from the Mod lounge to the Bunker, although if the Mods turn up it may be messy

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Looks like aa419 is down Sad

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Rover for your hard work, now do you manage to get any sleep.
thomas-the-tank
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for the hard work, Rover. Glad to know that you are capable of fending off some very pissed-off lads.

"I have come to learn the world is pregnant."
"Besides i am on a GLOBAL ASSIGNMENT WITH THE UN, so be reasonable and leave insults"
"suck your blood untill you resemble stockfish"

United Kingdom x 3 x 2 Ivory Coast Australia x 2 Benin
Safari Wole A x 4!! :
pony pony pony pony Goat <= don't ask about the goat! Inventor
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I noticed it was sluggish last night. All seems to be running smoothly now. Seems to be a really effective little script you've got running there, Rover Thumbs up

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:35 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I donning my tinfoil hat and underware. your the man Rover. keep hitting them with a big pointy sticks.

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3

Last edited by packman on Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The attack has slowed down as of this morning we only had four bots attacking!)

I see aa419.org is still down Sad

Let's not let our guard down just yet - the first round could simply have been the "scouting party"

Well if anything the attack gave us a chance to test out the anti-ddos measures that I put in place last year. What I can say is that the systems did extremely well at blocking the attack (actually I think it did better than expected)

I will continue to check the firewall for dropped packets and let you know once I see no more bot attacks

Latest Anti Fraud News | Email Header Analysis | Help keep Eater running | Join 419Eater on Facebook Easter 2015
Sir Cumfrence
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks Rover,

We definitely appreciate the effort required to keeping this site in lad-battle readiness.

Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rover deserves the highest honor we can bestow upon him in his battle with the bots:

THE CROIX DE DDOS

Thank you, Rover, for having seen to our defences. bow_down

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Rover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm being g selfish here Laughing I'm busy with quite an interesting bait at the moment so it is important to keep eater up in order to use the resources here !

Latest Anti Fraud News | Email Header Analysis | Help keep Eater running | Join 419Eater on Facebook Easter 2015
wokabo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rover, great job. But when you say you're shutting the bots down, do you mean you just block them at the firewall, or are you actually doing something to stop them sending the attacks?
Just curious, if you don't want to give out any detail on what you do exactly, that's ok of course.

Fight My Brute
Rover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What I mean is "shutting them down from slowing down our server" So yes effectively I am just blocking them at the firewall using various automated scripts that I have written that detect bots as opposed to regular users. I wish there was a way for me to stop them sending attacks. Unfortunately not. Sorry for the misunderstanding there but no I am not stopping them from attacking us. They continue to attack us, we just drop all their packets.

Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tech question. I kinda understand that 'someone' uses (hijacks?) various unprotected pc's to send more bots. But is there anyway to figure out the originator?

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
Rover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not really - remember all we see is the bots coming in. Who they belong to or who they are talking to prior to attacking us is unknown to us

Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I gotta ask then what a bot looks like. I'm guessing that it's code of some type?

Oh and what firewall do you recommend? I'm running McAfee at the moment.

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^Here is a decent firewall mate. Possibly a little more hardcore then the average home user needs. If not then what the hell are you up to? Laughing

http://www.honeynet.org/ Everything you wanted to know about botnets

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
full auto
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ahh pissed off Ivans/Vlads. Guess I'll have to get some... "extra" kills in on my 3 days off. Twisted Evil
The Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for all you do Rover!

I'll pick up a new tin foil hat on the way home from work. Might grab some tin foil underbritches too just to be safe. Don't want the "boys" botted!

YOU ARE A CHILD OF SATAN WITH YOUR HUNGRY DIRTY BODY ,TUNDER FIRE YOU BIG HEAD IDIOT !!! HA HA HA HA HA

IS THIS HOW YOU DECIDED TO TREAT US AFTER ALL WE WENT THROUGH?YOU MADE US TRAVELLED TO ABUJA AND INDEBTED US.

"Cursed is your mother that gave birth to a family-disgrace like you. Cursed is your father he could not control his lust for anything under skate"

"hey u crakhead motherf*cking nitwit, from the way u express the cockamamy sh*t that ur dumb brain is made up of it's so obvious that u never really made it past elementary school but anywayz dogs don't have to go to school afterall."

Pith Helmet (Lagos to Abuja)
Netherlands China Canada x2 United Kingdom Spain Ivory Coast Germany

Hello Kitty! <---in lieu of a brownie. TS
Mortar x8
Rover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Donato wrote:
I gotta ask then what a bot looks like. I'm guessing that it's code of some type?

Oh and what firewall do you recommend? I'm running McAfee at the moment.

As far as firewalls are concerned - there are many to choose from a hardware firewall is probably your best bet as opposed to a software firewall.

Every ddos we have had the bots have looked different. Typically you pick them up in the logs. They look just like regular users except they hit your server at a rapid rate. Far faster than any user would hit your machine.

There are many strategies to employ here (I'm not going to get into what strategies we use on eater as there are multiple) however one of the tricks is to discern what the pattern is. Once you have that figured out you look for that pattern and block it as it comes in. It works really well for us. As the scripts I have written are unique (i.e only used by us) the bots have no idea what I am checking for in order to decipher if they are a bot or not. As it is a home written script we can adapt it as need be i.e for yesterdays attack I changed it three times in order to catch all the incoming bots.

Anyway - enough on that - Eater is running smoothly at the moment so lets hope they do not come back any time soon.

I did get word that aa419.org may be down due to an isp problem and not due to a ddos attack

music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Full Auto

As aa419 is down you can't get any targets to dead!!

@Rover

Castlecops is down as well which would tie-in with an ISP issue.

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
Jayhawk
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 6:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Bots piss me off!

Thanks Rover. It's got to be a pain in the butt not only keeping the site up but protecting it against evil-doers. I imagine there are quite a few folks out there that would like to see this site go away. Thanks for all you do.

Yes pets are allowed as far as you will occupy the apartment alone, you can release the Kraken.

i will kill you even if it take me to go to jail i will do that because i hate you with all my life....
assisin killer to Feathers McGraw
PLEASE I BEG YOU TO LET ME KNOW THAT PIGGIES OF YOURS PLEASE... assisin killer to Feathers again
Vcamera x5 Safari Team Humphere
Long Live Silver Peak Orphanage! - Loan Lad Langwenya Andile
Rover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jayhawk wrote:
.... I imagine there are quite a few folks out there that would like to see this site go away.....

The scary thing with your statement Jay is that some of those people that you are talking about are members of this site!

Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I did get word that aa419.org may be down due to an isp problem and not due to a ddos attack

This has happened before. The folks who run Castle Cops (and also host aa419) have been having a lot of problems with their old servers and have been trying to raise funds to get new ones.

This is just a guess on my part, as I've not been able to contact anyone at aa419 since 2 days, but as Castle Cops also is timing out at the moment (with the same timeout error message), that seems to lend further credibility to the ISP issue.

However, seeing as Castle Cops are constantly fending off DDoS themselves, I think perhaps the issues they are having with their servers + any DDoS activity may be having its effect, unfortunately.

aa419.org --dead a fake site today.

No, Akai, you're a wonderful bitch. --Reaper
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rover wrote:
Jayhawk wrote:
.... I imagine there are quite a few folks out there that would like to see this site go away.....

The scary thing with your statement Jay is that some of those people that you are talking about are members of this site!

If you can link them it shouldn't be too difficult to at least kick those members? Or is it member's zombie PC's you're talking about? Then they should at least be warned of malware at their PC's.

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic