SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Not sure what this is...

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's clearly a scam of some kind, just not sure whether it would be advance fee or harvesting info for scammers, etc. IP address seems to trace to Canada, grammar is not great but a little too good for the average 419, google of the listed names/websites come up with absolutely nothing.

Anyone ever seen one of these?

-------- Original Message --------
X-Account-Key: account3
X-UIDL: 1218066146.26604.mail72.opentransfer.com,S=3157
X-Mozilla-Status: 0011
X-Mozilla-Status2: 00000000
X-Mozilla-Keys:
Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Delivered-To:
Received: (qmail 26593 invoked by uid 399); 6 Aug 2008 23:42:26 -0000
X-Virus-Scan: Scanned by clamdmail 0.15 (no viruses); Wed, 06 Aug 2008 18:42:26 -0500
Received: from unknown (HELO ironport.opentransfer.com) (76.162.254.120) by mail72.opentransfer.com with SMTP; 6 Aug 2008 23:42:26 -0000
Received: from zeus.zerowebhosting.net ([204.187.100.193]) by ironport.opentransfer.com with ESMTP; 06 Aug 2008 19:42:26 -0400
Received: from localhost ([127.0.0.1]) by zeus.zerowebhosting.net with smtp (Exim 4.69) (envelope-from <[email protected]>) id 1KQsPp-0003ZV-3L; Wed, 06 Aug 2008 19:27:41 -0400
Cc:
Subject: Re: Email confirmation for visiting our websites!
X-sender-x: 8383e2230323e25323e293
Content-type: text/plain
X-Mailer: Greatest Don (TM) 6.25
X-mailer: Greatest Don
Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit
Mime-version: 1.0
Importance: Normal
To: [email protected]
X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report
X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - zeus.zerowebhosting.net
X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - lakelandanimalshelter.org
X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [47 12] / [47 12]
X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain -
X-Spam-Checker-Version: SpamAssassin 3.0.2 (2004-11-16) on localhost
X-Spam-Status: No, score=0.0 required=5.0 tests=none autolearn=disabled version=3.0.2
X-Spam-Level:
X-Antivirus: avast! (VPS 080806-0, 08/06/2008), Inbound message
X-Antivirus-Status: Clean

Dear Website Visitor,

Thank you for visiting one of our Promotional Websites! As the hourly winner on one of our various promotional websites, a set of Lucky Numbers has been generated and sent to you by email. Your Lucky Numbers are: 06-09-18-22-27-43.

What does this mean? You stand the chance to win lots of $$$ in our random picks.

How to verify? To verify if your set of Lucky Numbers are eligible for claims, please, complete the below and send to one of our various affiliated claims offices with the email specified herein:

Fill in the below:

Your Lucky Numbers: --------------------------

Your First Name: -------------------------------

Your Last Name: --------------------------------

Your Email: ------------------------------------------

Your Favourite Website: --------------------------------

Please, complete the above form and send to: [email protected]

This email is NOT a confirmation of your winning. This is just a notice email with your Lucky Numbers. Your Lucky Numbers give you the chance to stand an opportunity to a win. You will be directed to our verification website to verify your set of Lucky Numbers. Upon successful verification, your award will be wired to you if, your Lucky Numbers are eligible for claims.

WARNING!!!!!!

Please, be aware that, this is not a Lottery. For advice and information, complete the data above and email to the agent email specified above along with your questions.

NOTE: DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. THIS EMAIL IS NOT MONITORED. TO SUBMIT YOUR INFORMATION FOR CLAIMS, PLEASE SEND TO THE EMAIL ABOVE OR TO: [email protected]

Thanks, and hoping you have the eligible winning numbers!

Signed,

Dori Acres

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I doubt even they know what's going on. It is a lottery, but it's not a lottery, you win a draw, but you haven't won anything.

I would say it will either go on to AFF or it is harvesting details so it can come back with a personalised script using your name and the website where they got the details.

I've fired off a reply. We shall see where this goes.
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It looks to me like an address harvester. You know when you sign up for a "chance to win" and it gets you on a zillion mailing lists.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Dorothy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 3:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, I was thinking maybe harvesting something, but I don't believe email harvester, as those are typically on websites where they use the BS promos in an attempt to get new email addresses. Unless they are after more,there would be no reason to send this to an address they already have, especially the primary address for a nonprofit which is confirmed active on every spammer list out there. I can't see it being an attempt to get the user to opt-in to something, as the real low-life spammers don't care whether you opt-in or not.

Maybe an attempt to identify more gullible targets for the next level of scam. Curious to see what Newdonym gets back. Still have to set up a couple of unlinked addresses for myself so I can play a bit.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There are so many easier ways to get email address and confirm them that I think they are hooking people, then using that to start a 419 scam or get account info or id info later.

You can always answer it with bogus info and see where it goes.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic