SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

MUSIC: What Were We Smoking???

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

tommo wrote:

Quote:
Paging corona....

Now where did I put that stripy tank top....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQXsuAey-NE

"Road To Nowhere!" You have told me that you and I were going places and after all these years I have to hear the truth with an audience. Mad

Way back in the day when you started your smooth talk.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Gold Hat
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dionysius wrote:
Acapella - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87FjkqtK67o&feature=related

Absolutely brilliant - what a superb artist - didn't know that video existed - thanks for that.

His loss was devastating - on a par with Lennon's passing. Sad
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lest we forget "I'd like to teach the World to Sing"... Confused

Edited because I couldn't get the link to work

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a long list of favorites from the 60' and 70's, and David Bowie is at the top.

Rebel, Rebel

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
Old No. 7
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Slightly was right Very Happy

Black Sabbath
ELP
Curved Air
Floyd

Saw them all live. Very Happy

Still got the permanent slight hiss in the left ear as a result Shocked Sad

Plenty more I would liked to have seen live - probably good that I didn't or I'd be deaf now.

Hope the scurf gets better soon, Squirrel Laughing

[Edited to add] Brilliant vids, Two Sheds - nearly started me off down memory lane on YouTube. Now what have they got on SAHB.........?

200+ sites killed, from these countries => United Kingdom Netherlands Russia Nigeria Switzerland Ukraine South Africa Germany United States Canada Senegal Benin Spain Ghana Ivory Coast Cambodia Flag United Nations

pony pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar

Like my flags? Want some of your own? Let justjay teach you how to kill sites here (clicky).

Hobbes may have retired, but get his brilliant WriteJunk here (clicky) and never touch a .dll again

Proud to be a mouth-breather who posted a load of shit, disappeared into the night but mysteriously reappeared after a long absence
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Black Sabbath live left me with a whistle in my ear for days, lord knows how Ozzy coped.

I'd forgotten all about seeing Curved Air, but I can remember the fit bird (Sonya?) in tight purple velvet pants. The bits of the 70's I do remember are very selective.. Smile

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 7:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, Black Sabbath - the album Sweet Leaf in particular. Very Happy

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@corona

Are your ankles still that fat? <runs and hides under the stairs>

Fair play, you got me bang to rights with the bottle though.

Nice bunches BTW! Very Happy

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hubby saw Black Sabbath live and wasn't impressed.
They were kept waiting for ages.
He was far more impressed with the support act CurveD Air.

I've seen Genesis and Yes
Last year saw The Red Hot Chillis, Nine Inch Nails, Smashing Pumpkins, Lost Prophets, Biffy Clyro and Fall Out Boy to name a few at Reading

This is the line up this year
READING

@ Slightly , ye Gadd that's an awful joke!
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^If I remember correctly the lead singer of Curved Air was Sonia Christina? As I recall as a pubescent 15 year old she was quite fit. Can't really remember any of their music though.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik

Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Tommo Sonja Kristina, used to be married to the drummer in Police Stewart Copeland.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t3aSY0MNvTs&feature=related
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^He's 67 you know. It must be true it was on BBC News 24 today.

Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Really?

Nah he's 57

Oh Lordi I feel old, but not as old as him.
Old enough to be a teenager in the 70s though.

In this there's a lass in pink hot pants. I know someone who had hot pants and thought they looked so cool in them Embarassed SLADE
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nanny Ogg wrote:
Nah he's 57

You are right. He is 57.

Quote:
In this there's a lass in pink hot pants. I know someone who had hot pants and thought they looked so cool in them Embarassed SLADE

Never mind the hot pants, nice as they are, what I want to know is how did Olive from 'On The Buses' sneak in there towards the end? Laughing

Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Tommo you're really sending me into nostalgia now
Olive crying " Arthur"
Up Pompeii- never did help me much with my Latin homework
Till death us do part
Wrestling on the tv on Saturday with Ken Walton, after the gee gees ( as my uncle called it ) and before Doctor Who

Listening to my Colin Blunstone and America lps liking prog rock but not admitting that at school where glam rock, Glitter,Bowie, Sweet, T-rex, Cassidy or Osmonds were THE ones to like
Hot summers, water rationing
Kiki Dee and Elton John
Feather cut hair
Platform shoes
Radio Luxembourg-Fab 208
Aqua manda
Trousers half way up the leg with a bit of tartan round them
Smock tops where most of the girls in the year looked pregnant at the school disco, ( if they weren't before a few were after )
Rampaging hormones

I'd hate to go through all that again
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Er, music wasn't it?

Mind you Nanny, I actually believed Kiki Dee and Elton John were an item. How wrong I was!

I had to listen to Radio Luxembourg with the radio under the pillow (Nearly typed 'tranny under the pillow', but that can get misconstrued thesedays, apparently)

'Ventura Highway' by America I love to bits. 'Alligator Lizards in the air' don't sound good though.

The video in the link is rubbish, but it was that or the live version.

You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jumpers for goalposts. I was never offside! Fly goalie. Skins. Cross country running where the PE teacher used to pick up the stragglers in his car. A bit like Paula Radcliffe in Bejing. Sixth form common room and Fi0na Fis0n's thighs. Sorry I digress and I just breached the ITP rule. Very Happy

More thighs from 1971...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm_bhJ7-ddA

Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

/\/\ She had a very annoying voice, but hypnotizing legs to a teenager.

EDIT: Not Olive from on the buses, that Middle of the Road bird, you snuck in a double post. Bad Tammo.

You wont believe this, I've got the window open, and a neighbour is now whistling Soley Soley, as Youtube calls it.

Quote:
the PE teacher used to pick up the stragglers in his car

That could get misconstrued these days too.

You go die like bird
Pith Helmet 10
SherlockHolmie
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Saw 'em live:

Deep Purple(twice)
ELO
Bowie during his Ziggy Sardust phase
Macca and Wings.......

there were others but some brain cells got lost during that time period.

Hot pants. Oh dear. Women should have had to have a license before buying a pair . Every man having a "Greg Brady" perm in their hair wasn't much better.

Rolling Eyes

"You are a stopid man." - Barr Choy Choong
"Hello Mr Dear and Dumb" - Usman Danququ
"We can not entertain any more insubordinations from you!" - Roberto Correras, United Nations, Cote d'Ivorie Branch
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Roy, Sally Carr- Scottish lass
There's certain songs from the 70s I hate, purely because we had a working mens club with no soundproofing, along the road from us and the "entertainment " would blast out amplified. Very Wheeltappers and Shunters Club
A cover of Why why why Delilah when you're trying to sleep is not fun, Chirpy chirpy cheep cheep left me very unchirpy. It also drowned out the faint signal of 208,
I imagine anyone living near a Karaoke bar these days would feel much the same.

Nazareth did a good version of Joni Mitchell's This flight tonight
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I told my lad for life, Dan, recently I was drinking pink champagne with my headphones on high - a line from 'This Flight Tonight'

I've not heard Joni Mitchell's version, I'm off to Google it.

Delilah by the Sensational Alex Harvey Band!

I saw them live, he came on stage with a double barreled shotgun with spotlights in the barrels, threw a load of red roses into the crowd, then ate the rest!

You go die like bird
Pith Helmet 10
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd love to have seen Alex Harvey live ( another Scot by the way )
Sad he died when he did, his brother was electrocuted on stage with Stone the Crows if i remember rightly
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, there was a fascination with things in the skull at the time:

Summer Breeze Jasmine in my mind… Confused

The way we were. Misty water colors memories… Shocked

If you didn’t have enough going on up there, you could always add something

Puff the Magic Dragon I never could find Honali (gratuitous use of magic dragon)Image

You can’t always get what you want Some times you just couldn’t get what you wanted, but you could get what you needed…

Unsolicited Youtube link, because I like it - RC

Why can’t we be friends? (War) Of course you could always negotiate, or work for the CIA…
I actually think that there are quite a few lads who could sing this song with conviction!

edited due to artist sneeking into their song title.
NB Thank you RC! Very Happy

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

tommo, that was baby fat! Sad

How about this one:

Monster Mash Laughing Laughing Laughing

http://www.techdigest.tv/2006/10/youtube_video_o_38.html

btw, I love this thread! Cool

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 11:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I saw Queen by accident, they were support to Mott the Hoople, who we'd come to see, and we'd just drifted in from the bar, a bit the worse for wear, as they say up here.

If I'd stayed for another pint, I'd never have seen them.

You go die like bird
Pith Helmet 10
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic