SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

What is the script for this one?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
atallman
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Got a bite on Cupid Bay asking for me to reply to her gmail.
She sends a coulpe of very long emails and the normal photos of some model.
By the 3rd email she is calling herself my wife and says she is "returning home" to America soon (this friday) to be with me. She has shown me the flight schedule. She claims to be half Brit half America (pict looks like a greek to me?) and has been in Nigeria buying jewerly.

So what happens next? Is she going to email claiming that she is being held for smuggling or something like that and I need to pay to get her out of jail? Is that how this one works?
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

"She" will probably find out at the last minute that there is a problem with her visa and ask you for monetary assistance.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
atallman
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That would have been my first thought but this one is claiming to be traveling with a US passport and is a US citizen.
daTrix
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Something will happen with her "goods" or "supplies", she'll need something from the States, blah, blah, blah. Take your pick. Some how her trip home will be delayed and she will ask you assistance in some way (money or goods, I've had requests for both).

Just wait and see, that is part of the fun of scam-baiting. Some are more creative than others.
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Or she'll get robbed, or be in an accident, or get sick -- the possibilities are endless.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
atallman
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

ok,
maybe I show tell her to stay there "I coming to see her".
Lou Smorals
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^ atallman...or even more fun, You will come and pick her up...why not meet her at Simba's Pendjari camp? It is a lovely romantic hideaway, and if you speak nicely to Simba he will e-mail your ladette all the necessary documents for travel. Parakou is a VERY good place to meet a Nigerian ladette!! It is just a short Jeep ride then to your honeymoon suite...get "her" to send an e-mail to you when she is in Parakou, and you will arrange for the jeep to pop over and pick her up!

"She" will enjoy the experience I am certain!!

"I really love you coz i haven't see you" - John Martin
"I want to admit to you that you like me very much." Why thank you Tanya, I thought I did!
"This is the last benefit of doubt." - Efcc
"please climb in a head write to me that I did not worry for you" - Natalya
"i dont even at this stage know your sex:male or female or you are also metrosexual. f**K you!!!" - J03l - I really think he likes me!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
Canospam
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

~ atallman,

That sounds like the plan !!!! Make her go to a safer country than Nigeria tho Smile SAFARI TIME

NO PLAY WIT ME I FIT BLIND U FROM UR MAIL
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
atallman
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 9:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I did try the approach of telling her I wanted to come but this almost killed the whole thing and all communication stop until today when I sent a worried email asking her where she was? Her reply started off with
Quote:
I TAUGHT YOU SAID YOU ARE COMMING TO AFRICA WHICH I KNOW YOU ARE NOT

FYI DaTrix,
You were spot on. She needs money to settle her "shipping problem"
Quote:
WELL I M JUST HAVING LITTLE PROBLEM WITH GOODS HERE BUT I SHOULD BE IN STATE ANYTIME I SETTLE MY SHIPPMENT PROBLEM........ HONEY PLEASE CAN YOU HELP ME OUT I JUST NEED $650 TO PAY THE CUSTOM FEE AND ALL I HAVE HERE IS MY VOUCHER WORTH $4000 WHICH I HAVE TRIED TO EXCHANGE TO CASH BUT CAN NOT GET IT DONE DUE TO THEIR BANKING SYSTEM HERE ........HONEY I WILL LIKE YOU TO HELP ME OUT I WILL BE AWAITING YOUR POSITIVE RESPONSE
LOVE ALWAYS
YOUR WIFE

Why she is YELLING at me I don't know but at least she still calls herself my "wife".
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All caps is an odd lad trait. There's been previous speculation about it but I think they do it because it is much easier for them to recognize capital letters than lower case so they can read the words easier. It has also been suggested that since their targets usually use proper case, it makes it easier for them to pick out your responses in a long string of replies.

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It has also been explained that some internet cafe keyboards are toggled between Arabic and English characters by the use of the Caps Lock key. Therefore any English typed on those keyboards will be in Caps Lock. (No doubt Arabic characters don't have upper case?)

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Lads think caps lend an air of AUTHORITY or URGENCY to an email, when all it really does is make it REALLY ANNOYING!

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 3:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There is also the theory going around that low end interent cafes have dual language keyboards. ALL CAPS for english, and lower case in French or some other language.

"you are the must fool i have ever seen fuck you like the 12.5 million idoit dont write me again" Radebe Gumede 7-16-09 after his bank transfer failed.

"Sorry we do not know Mr. Gomer. Send that email fromthe so called gomer to us for scrutiny."- Devati Mooleedhar

SON OF A DOG GO EAT SHIT AND DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOSERRRRRRRRR.GET A LIFE--Bakar Saud (After Mr. Gomer chopped his dolla')

YOU ATE OUR MONEY AND YOU START MOCKING US--Bishop Anthony

Fake Checks Received= $63,487 US
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Titania wrote:
...some internet cafe keyboards are toggled between Arabic and English characters by the use of the Caps Lock key. Therefore any English typed on those keyboards will be in Caps Lock. (No doubt Arabic characters don't have upper case?)

I'm in an internet cafe now that has Arabic keyboards... Caps lock just toggles between upper and lower case English characters. (The keys are marked in Upper case only, with two arabic characters per key. (Although the Arabic alphabet has 28 characters, it's more complicated than that, involving such mysteries as unicode and rendering engines)). The cafe owner isn't sure how to toggle between Arabic and English characters even though he speaks Urdu. Confused
You're right that there is no distinction between upper and lower case in the Arabic alphabet.

Tastysnack wrote:
There is also the theory going around that low end interent cafes have dual language keyboards. ALL CAPS for english, and lower case in French or some other language.

This cafe I'm in is pretty low rent, mainly used by Bangladeshi / Sri Lankan expats, but they all use the English characters to write home.
That theory that lower case will somehow write in French goes over my head somehow... isn't it the same alphabet? Laughing I sort of see what you mean though, the french keyboard has a slightly differing letter layout to the English, despite using the same letters.

The bottom line is that Wayne is right, they use caps to convey urgency and importance. That's it. OBL's theory holds a lot of water too.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic