SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

419er from Nigeria trying to scam me on eBay

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
lox
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm trying to sell a laptop on eBay and luckily I got a bid on it. Blindly I sent the invoice to the buyer, but then realised the buyer had zero feedback rating (actually, they set it to private to conceal the zero feedback - pretty clever.. heh). But their location was the UK (just like me) and had a UK address.

Then I decided to check out my inbox then saw the following messages...

"Dear -----,
I have purchased the following item on eBay from you. Please send me the total amount I owe you.
Its my pleasure transacting business with you.i want to know the condition of the item,because i want it send to my Pastor's Son in NIGERIA,presently i am out of UK, i am on a bussiness trip to(GERMANY).I will make 100.00GBP for the postage and packaging.And i will make the payment via Paypal.I want it posted to NIGERIA via Royalmail percelforce.So as soon as you have receive confirmation mail from paypal . Get the item posted Delivery Address: S.A.SALAMI,23 . NIGERIA "

"Hello,
Thanks for the mail........Yes i want the item posted to NIGERIA via Royalmail International Signed For....so i shall proceed with the payment via paypal very soon.....so i want you to get the item well packed and ready for postage to NIGERIA tomorrow morning....
Here is the delivery address below:
S. A. SALAMI
23 AWOLOWO WAY,
IKEJA
LAGOS STATE
NIGERIA
Thanks for your Business..
God Bless"

I told them 'Sorry, but I only post to the UK'.

Was it a bad thing that I replied? I contacted eBay about this matter and hopefully should give me a response soon.

The buyer is "anitapr0590" and their email address is: [email protected]
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi lox, welcome to Eater.

It was perfectly normal of you replying to him like that. I hope he gets this sort of answers all the time. Just ignore him should he ever reply.. Just don start baiting him with your R/L account, if thatś what you have in mind. Always use fake email addresses for that.

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, he'll leave you alone soon enough if you ignore him.

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
lox
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Alright.

There should be an option on eBay which blocks buyers with 0 feedback rating. So far I've only found out how to block buyers only with negative ratings, not 0 rating.
Breddan Butter
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lox, you may not get any sympathy here.
This site predominately deals with advance fee fraud.
There is a clue in our site title; 419Eater.

However, we do get involved in all sorts of other fraud, but you should be aware that Ebay is a haven for fraudsters and you'll get no help from them other than that they post on the site.
Its a good thing that you recognised the fraud potential from the offer you received.
Too many people don't.

My IP address is 217.21.39.255. (86.57.134.49 on Sundays) Please don't come knocking on my door.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic