SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Google Street View - Cool Tool or Gross Invasion Of Privacy?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
MyMyselfAndI
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Google streetview is great fun actually! Have spent a good half hour checking out my old neighborhood in LA! Smile

However, as far as privacy goes it's not ideal but most people don't seem to think too much about their credit card usage being screened, that library books borrowed are logged to as well as activities online. I think all mails sent are screened (at least in the US and Sweden) and saved to be checked further if there are particular key words in the mails. The talk of a super datebase in the UK is rather worrying as that would keep copies of all phone calls, text messages and e-mail sent. All of the previous are saved already but by the ISP/mobile providers and not by a central database run by the government (imagine how many sensitive details they'll be able to lose then!) I'm not on top of what exactly the amended Patriot Act does to destroy privacy but let's just face it most citizens of western countries are watched by Big Brother in a greater extent than most people care to know.

The difference between Google streetview and government snooping is that anyone can access Google but only certain government agencies can access your credit card or library borrowing history...

Sorry, my brain is gearing up for academic mode again: question everything! Beware! Confused

"I 4LH4JI 4N4NE C0MP0A0REU THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF F1RST B4NK OF 4FRIKA B.O.A HAVE JUST FINISHED READING THIS YOUR SECOND MAIL AFTER YOU INSAULTED ME WITH YOUR FORMAL MESSAGE." - 4lh4ji C0mp0a0reu director B4nk of 4frica

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY 50 DOLLARS????ARE YOU SURE THAT YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING OR DO THINK THAT YOU ARE SELLING FOOD ITEMS IN THE MARKET OR DO YOU THINK THAT YOU ARE DEALING WITH A PERSONAL BANK." - 4lh4ji C0mp0a0reu director B4nk of 4frica
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Imagine this scenario. There you are chewing the cud with the beautiful wife of your next door neighbour in her halter top over a cooling jug of Pimms in the front garden whilst her violent hubby is grafting at work. Then flash bang wallop, the Google car takes the incriminating picture. Next time it comes round there will be a 'For Sale' sign outside my gaffe and a suit for damages in the post to Googlenosey.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat

Last edited by Tommo Shanter on Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Ghost
419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@Red - same applies for them so go ahead and snap those pics. You know you want to Laughing

No, really people do have an exception of privacy in their backyards but if they move into where they can be seen from second story window of a neighbor's then the expectation of privacy is much lower.

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
Simba
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I wonder if we did a search for downtown Lagos, we'd find Ghost's lads poncing about in silly costumes having their photos taken.... Laughing

Safari=Mr Yetonde-Sierra Leone to Accra
Safari=Mr Jiullus-Abidjan to Accra to Kumasi to Tamale
Safari=Mr Dandy-Abidjan to Monrovia-SSC Liberia
Safari=Mr Mandela-Jo'burg to Maun-SSC Botswana
Safari=Mr Danka-Dakar to Bangul-SSC Gambia
Safari=Mr Twumasi-Accra to Cotonou-SSC Benin
Safari=Mr Gomer-Lagos to Douala to Parakou-SSC Cameroon & SSC Benin
SafariSafariSafari=Mr Chukwu-Lome to Accra to Koforidua. Lome to Lagos. Lome to Cotonou.

Ivory Coast Nigeria Sierra Leone Somolia Liberian Flag Gambia South Africa Kenya Angola Flag Guinea Bissau Burkina Faso Ghana Mali cameroon Benin Senegal Togo
Red
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds like the start of a great bait: Mugu Maps Very Happy

Get them to catalogue the streets of Lagos for us.

United Kingdom x36 Malaysia x6 European Union x2 United States x10 Italy x5 x4 Benin x6 Netherlands x8 Russia x2 Indonesia x2 Nigeria x11 x3 Gambia Canada x3 Spain x13 Hong Kong Gibraltar Germany x3 Cayman Islands Japan x2 Belgium x3 United Nations x3 Flag Monaco x2 Austria Ivory Coast x4 x2 Ireland Bahamas, The x2 Portugal x2 Switzerland x4 x3 Ghana x3 Sweden France x2 Serbia and Montenegro x2 China x2 Togo x2 Ukraine x2 South Africa Somolia
Golden Pith 1k3: West African Tour
Safari Ben: Lagos (Nigeria) - Accra (Ghana)
Mortar x10
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I can foresee a new business venture....
'Google proof tinfoil home enclosure kits!'

Quote:
Surround your home in stylish and durable GOOGLEPROOF tinfoil and never worry about being seen by the world, again! Now you can come out of the basement for good!

If you had really shiny tinfoil, maybe your house would look exactly like the one across the street, if it doesn't already?

What if everybody posted signs in the yard 'Fook Off Google' or 'Google is the tool of the Devil' before the picture was taken? Sure would create a lot of annoying extra work for google, wouldn't it?

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think its cool, it shows the new windowboxes we put up on the house last year. and the lawn looked good. they when past our house around the 4th of july 07 (we had our decorations out) I'm just glad they took the pic. after the I had the crackheads on the first floor evited. the place looked a lot better by then.

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I checked out my apartment building. There's a car coming out of the front gate. That gate is "Enter Only." I had a good laugh over that. I also checked out a place I lived in 15 years ago. The house is still there, but the shrubbery needs trimming.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nifty.

Of course they, like the post office, have my address wrong- I'm on the wrong side of the street according to the numbering plan. Laughing

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
benjaminbunny
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think it's great Smile I've just spent the afternoon travelling round Australia looking at all the places my OH used to live. It's probably the nearest I'm going to get, and it gives you a much better idea than just photos can.
It's mind boggling the processing and sheer number of 360 degree photos that go into it - it must cost a fortune.

Scamwarners.com Advice and info about scams
Jolly Roger pony
Newdonym
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wonder if they have hidden loads of adverts in the pics. Google does love to advertise in strange places.
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think its a cool form of virtual tourism. I've just been to Beverly Hills looking for the Clampetts, then over to NYC, where I wandered around the Bronx without getting mugged.

Finally I went to New Orleans, where they've clearly had a big tidy up since the satellite pictures were taken.

They haven't done my part of the world yet.

It does make you wonder how many rows it has started - What's her car doing outside our house?' etc...

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

simpsonman3000 wrote:
^^^ SB, you went to Oakland? I live by Hayward!

Yes, I believe it was in 1988. What we had to do took a couple of hours then we were out of there. It was a little scary. No one approached us, but the stares and constant watching us was very uncomfortable.

Had Google Street View been available then, I would have refused to make the trip.

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22

Last edited by sheboppe on Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Doodle Bug
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes I just done a virtual Pub crawl in south central LA without getting shot or having to speak Spanish Very Happy

Who is this person Mickey Mouse???
trying to dercieve hoorable men like me. You are stupid man ok.

Last edited by Doodle Bug on Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have no problem with photos that were taken from the public street with a standard (non-zoom) lens. What is publicly visible can hardly be considered private... However, some of these photos & the associated zoom levels appear to go well beyond that. Frankly, I am not even sure that taking zoom photos of private property is LEGAL let alone when you put it on the internet in this fashion. That being said, all of the "artwork" around my house for a certain political campaign I was involved in this year has now been preserved by Mr. Google, which amuses me to no end Laughing

Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Jimmy_Jones wrote:
There has been google cars spotted around the UK

can someone tell me what a google car looks like please

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The google car looks like an ordinary car with a barbeque on its roof.
To blend in it also has google written on the side

There was one parked near us for a while.

Not sure about all this street view stuff but my house can already be seem from google earth and on map.live .com you can even see my washing hanging out!

Lovely and white so it was, should be sponsored by a soap powder!
Betelgeuse
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wonder if we can get a lad to photograph the streets in Lagos (house by house) in order to provide them to Google for street view?

New bait modality??????

B

[ <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=12">Getting Started</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=24605">FAQs</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413">Rules</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=32877">Ethics</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=122306">Request Mentor</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028">Premium Benefits</a> - <a href="http://www.scamwarners.com/">Refer Victims Here</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=119780">Report Bank Acct</a> ] Mortar x25
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ Thats a nice idea

heres what the cars look like around here
Juan Freizwidatt
Associate

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's kind of creepy but voyeuristically addictive. It's certainly another sign that privacy is slowly disappearing from modern society. But I'm not too worried -- yet. Like TSnerd's situation, if you try to find my house you'll be a block down the street on the other side. The address they give for my actual house doesn't exist on this street. When I went back to look at the house I grew up in, they placed hte address over a mile west of the real location. So for now it's a gimmick more than a tool, at least for finding a specific address.

"HOW DOES IT SOUND TO YOU THAT ANOTHER PERSON IS DEALING WITH YOU AND ASK YOU TO CONTACT ANOTHER PERSON AND NOW YOU SAID THAT YOU WANT TO DEAL WITH THE OTHER PERSON WITHOUT THE KNOWING OF THE PERSON THAT ASK YOU TO CONTACT THE OTHER PERSON"

I apologize again that I will lick the dust from your sandals - Shorty

Sand Timer x4: Shorty
Safari x 16:
US lad w/Capone: ( Golden Pith ) Black Ribbon
- ATL>DC>ATL>Vegas>Seattle>ATL>San Diego>LA>ATL>Seattle>ATL>WY>ATL>Aspen>ATL (21K+ miles, $11K+ expenses)
Shorty w/bohigal:
- Lagos>Abidjan
Random lads:
- Douala>Korup; Lagos>Cotonou>Parakou; Cotonou>Niger border; Cotonou>Pendjari>jail in Tanguietta; Asaba>Abuja; Accra>Tamale
Purple Flower Goat Jack Boot Whip
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I bet real estate agents hate this. Prospective buyers will be able to check out the neighbourhood and see the crack house right next door to the "spacious family home near school and shops" the agent wants to sell them.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have the same situation as TSnerd and Juan. I can't see me standing out there waving. Laughing

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It really can be awesome.Using a few details that I remember,I found the house that I lived in as a child,some 43 years after I last saw it.A co-worker and I found a fondly remembered,er -entertainment club he remembered in New York City.The address it indicated was exactly one up from a large address we could read on the buiding next door,so at least in some areas it is accurate.

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

When I typed in my address it when right to my house. smack dab right in front of it.

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic