SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

New kid (with a problem?) is here!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
cowgirl3
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Everybody!

I just ended my very first online 3 week love affair by cutting up my new credit card (his Uncle is the primary card holder - Yeah; right!), turning my lad in to the FBI computer scam website, the card issuing bank, the Secret Service, and Yahoo Personals (where I met him).

The only problem is: he has my real name, address, and web site. I did not realize I was being scammed until he started asking for money! Embarassed

Once I realized he didn't really love me and just wanted to use me as a pawn in his elaborate schemes, I gave it to him the best way I knew how - just thwarted his plans, and kept him from ripping off the real primary card holder.

BTW, the Secret Service agent told me about this web site! Very Happy

As soon as I can, I will post the pictures he used on Yahoo Personals. I think the real guy in the pictures he sent me was actually kidnapped and murdered by my lad and his buddies. I can tell you why I think that in another post, if any of you want to know.

So, what do you suggest I do?

Also, he deleted his Yahoo profile, and I am pretty sure he has already created a new (no pics on this one!) under the same name - Michael.

Anybody want to pursue this one?

Just let me know!

Thanks!

luckey

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Cowgirl3.

I'm very sorry to read about your ordeal. I doubt you have anything to worry about if you simply drop contact with him. Most scammers are looking for easy money, and there isn't much money in vengeance.

If you want to continue to mess with him, assuming you can find him, read up here and learn how to do it safely.

Quote:
As soon as I can, I will post the pictures he used on Yahoo Personals. I think the real guy in the pictures he sent me was actually kidnapped and murdered by my lad and his buddies. I can tell you why I think that in another post, if any of you want to know.

Do tell.

You are welcome to post his picture here, though as you say, it's not him. Can you also post an email, including full headers that establish him as a scammer? That will be in keeping with our guidelines to back up your story. (You can omit your personal details.) It may also be something other victims can find if they are searching for info. You might also want to check out our sister site, ScamWarners.com.

Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Cowgirl3, and welcome to Eater. Very Happy

I'm sorry to hear what you've been through, but kudos to you for recognizing the scam before you lost even more. Thumbs up

As Luckey mentioned, just blocking contact with the scammer should be enough to discourage him. Also, do visit www.Scamwarners.com. If you're comfortable doing so, post your experiences there with as much identifying information about the scammer as you can; email addresses, link to profile, any introductory emails, etc. If someone else searches on him they may end up there and be saved from being victimized by him.

If you want to bait him or another scammer (unfortunately, there are plenty), read up on how to do it safely. You might also find some solace in reading the section of this forum on Romance scams, and seeing the damage done to those particularly evil scammers by our members.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome here, pity you had to find us the hard way, but it's all repairable and if you want to get even, we can help Twisted Evil
I'm impressed with
Quote:
BTW, the Secret Service agent told me about this web site!
we must be getting known by the good guys too now Wink
Follow the advice ^^ and if you think you're up to it, join here and get even.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK!

Here is one of the latest e-mails he sent before he found out I turned him in. After he had the credit card Fed-Exed to my house I started messing with him, and first told him I couldn't find it. That is what he is talking about when he said the " the devil was just trying to pull some jokes with us..."

Needed information love..
Sent:Tue 7/29/08 2:25 PM
Reply-to:@yahoo.com

To: (erased my real name)

Sweetheart,

I must tell you i feel so relaxed now...You have done nothing but doing me proud ever since we have been together.. I guess the devil was just trying to pull some jokes with us and God is always greater than him and he will never over come us.

Now sweetheart this is what you have to do as discussed. Go to any of the close by banks around to get the cash out before the banks are closed, you should withdrawn 4900.00 cos that's the daily limit on that card. As soon as you have it go to any of the nearest Money gram location i gave you yesterday and send the payment to the below information.

First Name: MTHETHELELI
Last Name: MDUNYELWA
Address: Thom Craft Noveau, 44 Stiemes Street, Braamfontein
State: Johannesburg
Zip Code: 2001

Secret Question: What is money for?
Secret Answer: You know

You will receive a payment confirmation from them with a reference number, the reference number is what i need to get from you as soon as you return so i can give it to them to go cash the payment tomorrow and the others will be sent tomorrow after you receive it..

Thank you so much for everything Honey and only God who is the king of all will reward you for all you ve done and still doing in my life. Nothing will ever put you down or get over you cos you don't deserve any worse that better.. I love you and i will be on my way out to get more Credit for the telephone so i can call you back later if there is any need.. I care, need, miss and love you so much.. Your one and only sweetheart, now, always and forever more.. Bye for now Honey

Michael

Last edited by cowgirl3 on Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That's very nice, not nice that he has your info though. See if you can block his email addy on your computer, so you're not tempted to do anything. Try to forget him as he definitely won't look as good as the pictures he send you and might even be twice your age and married, have a look here http://www.focusagencyhawaii.com/view_actors_talent.htm and you might find the picture(s) he send you. Wink
Read lots here, apply for a mentor, (free of cost and handy to have as a back up), read more and set up your new you with a safe email addy. Then in 2 months or so you can always drop him a message stating that you bought this old laptop at a garage sale (or anything you can use for your game story( my favorite- inherited from my dead brother/sister after his/her car crash)) and his addy was on there, so you drop him a message Twisted Evil
From there you're in charge and make him jump the hoops Twisted Evil
Welcome aboard, ask questions, bored people like me(and moderators) will try to answer and help you get your "friend"

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK!

As to why I think the lads murdered the real guy pictured (I have to get access to a web site, upload those pics, and give you guys the links, which will take me a while!) - Once you see the pictures, you will see that although some were taken by a professional photographer, some were not.

When he started telling me his credit card woes and telling me he would be delayed returning home from working in the UK, I knew something was up!

His credit card woes were because he had been mugged. He also shared with me that he had been kidnapped and forced to give all his personal information and passwords, etc. a year ago last January.

My father was a Green Beret in the Army, and taught me there is always a liitle truth to every lie. So based on what my lad told me, I think they kidnapped the man I saw in the pictures, took over his e-mail account, bank cards, everything! So, I was tallking to the perpetrator, not the victim!

bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I have to get access to a web site,
That could be the wrong way to proceed, if he is a smart lad, you might get more than you think.
I understand that it's all fresh and important to you, but the best thing, as said above, is to drop this completely. You informed all people that can make a difference here, for him and the possible victim and that's where it ends for you. The next game is on your terms and conditions, not theirs. Tough, but that's the only way to make a clean break and have him find a new person to scam without bugging you or worse. If you don't agree, get yourself a mentor and talk it over please.
Have FUN and stay SAFE

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

As described on your forum! That's what I'm talking about here. After I have had a chance to do that, I will post the links here, so you can see the pics!

No! I am done with this guy! But, as I said before, I do suspect he has already created another Yahoo Personals profile, using the same name!

I will be glad to share that profile with you, if any of you want to investigate! Razz

cowgirl3
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That last post was in reference to your concern over "getting access to a web site." I was talking about a web site to post pictures my lad sent me. That's all!

Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Cowgirl, if you haven't already done so, I recommend you also visit www.romancescam.com - and post the information you have on this scammer. The more places you post the information, the more likely it is that a google search of the scammer's name, email addy, or even snatches of his emails (they tend to use the same script with many of their victims) will lead potential or actual victims to a website where they can find advice, sympathy, and assistance.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I understand your enthusiasm, but no thanks, there are tons of lads out there that need a lesson and I don't feel comfortable in this special scam, playing a female. The love scam baiters might be willing to help you there and give him some trouble. Read lots and see if you, within the game rules we have, can find a nice new hobby here. The mentor thing is not a joke, they do help you on your way and help you find your kind of scam that is the most rewarding for you.(or the worst for your lad(s) ) Twisted Evil And if you need sudden help with your scam, they already have some insight how to proceed the easy way.
They work(lads), we play, but we play SAFE.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Cowgirl:

For hosting the photos somewhere to share with us, you can check out photobucket, imageshack or imagecave. You will be able to upload the photos there and post them here. If you need assistance with it, just ask and one of us will advise you.

Please make sure that you make the account/album private so that people can only view the photos you post, and not your whole album.

I'm sure others here will want to bait him. Very Happy

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
cowgirl3
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OK!

Did it! Here are the pics:

http://s431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/lonelyheart_06/

CG

I just pasted the images. As Ima mentioned above, you may want to consider making your photobucket accounts Private by selecting that option. Deleted the follow on threads. TS

I just edited this and added the new photbucket link back in! (08/26/0Cool

Last edited by cowgirl3 on Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The different size of pictures suggest that they are stolen from a website, my pictures are all kinda the same size, pm me the link/website + some info and I see what I can find out about it, if you want me to, gone the afternoon so the first results on tomorrow morning (if any)

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Post on scamwarners.com

I was very concerned about the other victim in my first scam. One of the people there could tell my concern. I'm not sure what was done, but I was sent an e-mail there and told that the gentleman was ok.
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dang! Ok, I'll bait him . . . to tell me where he stole the pictures.

I doubt that guy has been scammed and I'd guess he's still very much alive and trying to get gigs as a male model/actor. The pictures don't look candid to me. It looks like some guy's modeling portfolio, taken by a semi professional, probably his girlfriend, and posted up on a model wannabe site.

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
Scarlett
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The picture of him w/the dog reminds me of the pose Dean Koonz
used on the back of one of his books.

Of course the man in the pics looks nothing like DK.

Safari AM STILL AT THE AIRPORT WAITING AND DYING
OOOOOO.... A1ex (thanks to Red & 5imba for 5SC)
Safari Abuja to Bauchi -am just like a notives down here walking up and down from one street to another…A1ex (thanks to 5imba & Red for their help)
Safari Ogun Sagamu to Abuja -A1ex
Safari (Group Effort) 0 Ch1d1nma: Lagos to Cotonou - "u told me not to bring money down which i didnt"
Safari Joint safari with OxygenDeprived

Closed lad accounts

Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony pony Mortar x2
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi Cowgirl,

I am glad you found out that it is a scam before sending any money.

I have just done some searches to try to find more information on this scam but unfortunately I found very little, all I could find was a search result for "Secret Question: What is money for" Click Here

Seeing as there is so little posted it is very lucky indeed that you found out by yourself.

Many people become suspicious and begin a few google searches, first on the email address, then the name, other details that can be seacrhed on is scripted parts of emails, addresses or phone numbers which will often get results, in this case there are no results which indicates that this is most likely a newly created persona for scamming, by posting the details you have made his job of scamming that little bit harder and you may be able to prevent others from falling victim.

If you could please go to www.scamwarners and post any details you can it will most likely help somebody in the future.

Well done on spotting the scam and well done on posting.

If also encourage you to stick around and read up both here and at Scamwarners which will help you to learn the telltale signs of a scam which may help prevent you from wasting your time in the future.

Of course, if you do have some time to spare there are many scammers whos time you could waste and we can teach you to do that as well.

In my signature line below this post is a link to a romance baiitng training guide which will not only help you to spot a scammer but it will also teach you to waste their time safely

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
cowgirl3
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey Everybody!

Thanks so much for all you feedback and help, and I am delighted that OldBagLady is interested in baiting him!

I think I am going to have to join your ranks and tie up at least 1 - 3 of those lads! I already sent Cherie a request for a mentor.

OK, Now here is some info requested by Bill2:

Morning Angel (me).
Sent:Fri 7/11/08 1:31 AM
To: me

Security scan upon download 49867253K...jpg (12.5 KB), 49867253C...jpg (16.8 KB)

Hello Angel (me),

How are you doing today and hope work has been treating you pretty well? I am into architecture & constructions. Well, My work is by my choice I only deal with professional company and my work is well recognized by them all mostly in Europe, as I am mostly into international businesses which I happen to see more interesting than doing local jobs.. As for my favorites, I enjoy a whole lot of things as you can see on my profile but most of all dinner with my dream woman and a whole day at the beach will be perfect for me. As for today I didn’t do much of work only had to attend a meeting with the board of directors of the company I came to meet here.. Less I forget I am presently in the United Kingdom, came in just about 48hours ago… Hoping to finalize by noon and get busy with work after that... I shall be returning back to home, hopefully in less than 2 to 3 weeks from now. The name of my dog is checkers and I shall send you a picture of me and him also with a picture of a completed job by me.

As for being in my presence I won’t want to brag about that but can say it’s might be the best time of anyone’s life cos I see myself to be a very free, caring, loving and down to earth man.. I treat a woman like an egg and will never want to see you fall to break off my hand.. So how was the dancing class, am sure you must be a really good dancer and would love to see us have a good one together some day if God says yes to this new meeting.

I see in you website that you planning to go (removed for my privacy)with the church, that sounds kind of interesting. I will see what I can do to help before you leave (removed) by God’s special grace… I think I should stop here for now until I hear back from you, you keep yourself calm and have a blessed night and day.. Bye for just now and look forward to hearing back from you soonest..

Your friend with hugs.

Michael.

--- On Thu, 7/10/08, (my real e-mail address removed) wrote:

Subject: More!
To: @yahoo.com
Date: Thursday, July 10, 2008, 10:25 PM

Hi Michael,

As promised, here is another e-mail from me.

I have plenty of curiosity about you. What type of art work are you in to? What have you written/published? Where have you taught? What are some of your favorite places? What did you work on today? What kind of dog do you have? What is it like to be in your presence?

OK! I have a dance class tonight - so you're saved from further interrogation!

I hope you have a great night and hope to hear from you again soon!

(my signature erased)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Making the world a better place one message at a time. Check out the i'm Talkathon.

49867253K.jpg

49867253C.jpg

The jpgs are the 5th and 6th shown [left to right] on the Photobucket link above. The 1st and 4th I copied from his old profile (which has now been deleted) on Yahoo.

I will post another copy of an e-mail with the other 2 attached pictures in a seperate post!

(I edited this one to reflect the Photobucket update) CG
Thanks again Everybody!

Last edited by cowgirl3 on Tue Aug 26, 2008 9:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
cowgirl3
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OK!

Here is the other e-mail:

i hope you love them
Add contact
Sent:Thu 7/17/08 4:49 AM
To: (me)

Security scan upon download Dad & Che...jpg (19.7 KB), Dad Looki...jpg (14.1 KB)

I hope you love them

Dad & Cheekers.jpg

Dad Looking good..jpg

Again, Everybody, Thanks so much for your time and research on this!

And, BTW, I do have a phone number for this guy, if any of you want to play with it! Laughing

Byte Meebum
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:39 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Howdy cowgirl..I think I might just take a wack at this one too thanks for the tip.....

I just ended my very first online 3 week love affair by cutting up my new credit card (his Uncle is the primary card holder - Yeah; right!), turning my lad in to the FBI computer scam website, the card issuing bank, the Secret Service, and Yahoo Personals (where I met him).

The only problem is: he has my real name, address, and web site. I did not realize I was being scammed until he started asking for money! :oops:

Once I realized he didn't really love me and just wanted to use me as a pawn in his elaborate schemes, I gave it to him the best way I knew how - just thwarted his plans, and kept him from ripping off the real primary card holder.

BTW, the Secret Service agent told me about this web site! :D

So, what do you suggest I do?

Also, he deleted his Yahoo profile, and I am pretty sure he has already created a new (no pics on this one!) under the same name - Michael.

Anybody want to pursue this one?

Just let me know!

Thanks![/quote]
cowgirl3
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Yippy!

And, Byte, please do keep me posted on your progress. If you need any other info. (he gave me a phone number and a London address), just say so and I'll pm it to you!

Very Happy

Byte Meebum
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

No bytes as yet plenty of others perhaps he does not like my persona..but that can change...what type of lady does Mikey like??? and ya Phone and address will help...maybe I'll call mmmmm thanks and as soon as he latches on I'll let you know..

cowgirl3 wrote:
Yippy!

And, Byte, please do keep me posted on your progress. If you need any other info. (he gave me a phone number and a London address), just say so and I'll pm it to you!

:D
cowgirl3
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 1:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OK!

I'll send you a PM with loads of info tomorrow! Very Happy

Thanks Byte

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic