SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

For British Chocolate Lovers

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Cadbury announces Wispa comeback

The Wispa bar is to make a full comeback following a successful campaign on social networking websites.

Birmingham-based Cadbury sold 20 million of the bars when it brought the brand back for a seven-week limited run trial in 2007.

It had bowed to public pressure after a popular campaign on the Facebook and MySpace websites.

Cadbury spokesperson Tony Bilsborough said: "Wispa is a true icon loved by its fans everywhere."

He added: "We brought it back temporarily to see if the desire was genuine, but fans are still rallying so we took the decision to bring it back for good.

"We know others have looked at Wispa and tried to copy its success by bringing back other brands, but we don't believe anyone has managed to recreate the same excitement."

The bar will return to permanent sale on 6 October and cost 45p. It originally cost 16p when it was introduced in 1981.

Television adverts for the bubbly-centred bar featured Yes Minister's Paul Eddington and Nigel Hawthorne, Victoria Wood and Julie Walters and Hi-De-Hi's Simon Cadell and Ruth Madoc.

It was taken out of production in 2003 after sales fell in the 1990s.
Mr_Happy
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:58 am Reply with quoteBack to top

(sigh) I remember with fondness when they first launced the bar.
If you collected 25 Wispa wrappers and sent them off you got vouchers for 5 Wispa bars in return. Me and my mate used to look for discarded wrappers in the street.
foxhat
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I did the same thing!

Except it was for mugs...kept our student house well supplied.

And I can't STAND Wispas...
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh joy!
Bet they don't taste the same though.

Now if I could find an Aztec bar, coffee walnut whip, Cabana bar...

@ Fox re avatar. Did you know there's one in Orkney as well as Shetland?
foxhat
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Nanny Ogg
Yes, been to the Shetland one (you just have to...) but not the other. I would say its a bit of a sh1tehole, but somehow that wouldn't quite be right...(hope you don't live there... Embarassed ).
Also, found a few graves of people with that as a surname, which gave me a perverse snigger!
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks for the good news
Mad

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
Click here to support 419Eater.com
smartbomb
** Retired **

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They done a Wispa Gold for a little while, in a red packet with gold writing. It was just a wispa with a strip of caramel through it.

Bloody Awful.

Ivory Coast x8 United Kingdom x49 Spain x5 Nigeria x6 United States x3 Switzerland Netherlands x3 Turkey Estonian Flag x10 Malaysia x4 Ukraine Denmark Ghana x2 Russia Indonesia Thailand Germany France x2 Benin x4 Togo United Arab Emirates South Africa x2 Australia Canada Iraq Flag China United Nations
pony Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts a few
Click Here for Free Wigs !

i am no more a baby for going through this kind of stress for 200 pounds. : Hammed - Another satisfied MT7N S3cur3 customer.
l will never lose my leg in Jesus name.......ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen l can see that you are totally MAD, FUCK YOU TOO!!!!! : Mr Yusuf
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Wispa is that the one a bit like a Cadbury Flake right but with a thick chocolate coating?

To be honest, I'm still in mourning since Mars took out the cardboard liners in Bounty bars. And is it me, or are Wagon Wheels not as big as they used to be in the good old days of black and white television? Very Happy

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Mr_Happy
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Tommo Shanter wrote:
To be honest, I'm still in mourning since Mars took out the cardboard liners in Bounty bars.

Mmmmm Dark Chocolate Bounty!
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Tommo Shanter wrote:
Wispa is that the one a bit like a Cadbury Flake right but with a thick chocolate coating?

No, that would probably be the Galaxy Ripple bar, which was a bit nicer than 90% of the cack that passes itself off as chocolate in UK shops.
The Wispa was like an Aero but much denser, it had smaller bubbles, hence more of the truly bloody awful cadbury "chocolate". Mad

We have a lot to learn from the Belgians. Crying or Very sad

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mugatu wrote:
We have a lot to learn from the Belgians. Crying or Very sad

I can't argue with you there. They may not have very many famous residents but they certainly know how to make a nice choccy and also brew a decent beer.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik

Rorschach
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Why did george Michael have chocolate on his shirt?

He was Careless with his Wispa. Wink

(Posted that in the joke thread a while back but it seemed appropriate.)

I was never a Bounty fan, Tommo, but I've been deeply upset ever since they changed the Smartie tubes so that I can no longer finish off by firing the plastic cap at a random work-mate.....

BRUNO HAYFORD: "you are an eel, 75% negative, 10% positive, 10% amorphous and 5% blank"
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Rorschach, mate, that was pitiful. Tsk. Laughing

Mugatu, as ever, you are spot on. Shall we elope there for the next Valentine's Day thread? Very Happy

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

McDonalds have a Wispa McFlurrytm

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Eight wrote:
Shall we elope there for the next Valentine's Day thread? Very Happy

I'll book the Eurostar tickets now. That "thread" stuff is SO last year.

Laughing

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

a tip for cat owners. save your Smartie tubes until you have enough to slip over their legs, then watch them walk like robots! Razz

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
smartbomb
** Retired **

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A snickers cost me 66 pence today.

remember when they were about 24p ? And called 'Marathon'

I want to go back ... Crying or Very sad

Ivory Coast x8 United Kingdom x49 Spain x5 Nigeria x6 United States x3 Switzerland Netherlands x3 Turkey Estonian Flag x10 Malaysia x4 Ukraine Denmark Ghana x2 Russia Indonesia Thailand Germany France x2 Benin x4 Togo United Arab Emirates South Africa x2 Australia Canada Iraq Flag China United Nations
pony Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts a few
Click Here for Free Wigs !

i am no more a baby for going through this kind of stress for 200 pounds. : Hammed - Another satisfied MT7N S3cur3 customer.
l will never lose my leg in Jesus name.......ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen l can see that you are totally MAD, FUCK YOU TOO!!!!! : Mr Yusuf
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Spangles are coming back.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/2503905/British-public-call-for-return-of-Spangles.html

Snickers suck and whoever decided on that name should be made to run 23 miles and 375 yards, give or take.

Doodle Bug
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 8:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Old Brit joke

William worked in the chocolate factory, one day the new lad fell into the molten chocolate vat. William
Went to dive in to save him but was pulled back by the rest of the staff, saying Billy don’t be a Aero Laughing

Who is this person Mickey Mouse???
trying to dercieve hoorable men like me. You are stupid man ok.
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ Oh dearie me Laughing

I knew someone who lost a bet with their kids.
Child said they could name colour of smartie with thier eyes closed. Sibling administered orange smartie, dad didnt know they're the only flavoured ones.

Anyone else remember Lord Toffingham ice creams, well lollies really?

Ki ora juice sold at the cinema?

Ice Breakers?

Five Boys chocolate bars?
haywood_jablowmi
Master of Master Baiters

Location: demoralise the lads, over and over, they will give up just crush the hope they have of getting cash!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

wispa and aero, whats the difference, both just a way to sell you less chocolate by adding er air to it.

Cellphone Nigeria
1x voodoo curse
"you are a cosomplitant asshole" S.Ghartey 2006 - why thank you i think.
' i sent jamaicans to kill you' Mills Kwame - you must have given them the wrong address, no one came round, i baked cookies and everything.
YOU ARE A CUR, A TRAMP, A HOBO A MISRABLE ONE FOR THAT MATTER.
WANDERING PIG.
SLAG LIKE YOU ARE NOT A MAN OF GOD GO TO HEIL I WILL NOT PRAY FOR YOU THAT AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU IS THAT WITH YOU.
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Rorschach wrote:
... I've been deeply upset ever since they changed the Smartie tubes so that I can no longer finish off by firing the plastic cap at a random work-mate.....

Do they no longer have letters of the alphabet on the underside of the lids? We used to make up rude words out of them. How my mother laughed before packing us off to an early bed with smarting legs and no bread and dripping supper. Happy days!

Rorschach
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 12:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ No plastic lids at all now, just a boring cardboard flip top thing.
Sad

BRUNO HAYFORD: "you are an eel, 75% negative, 10% positive, 10% amorphous and 5% blank"
Mr_Happy
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Plastic lids are a choking hazard.
Strange because I never heard of anyone choking on a plastic smartie lid.

What I used to love was the old ring pulls on cans. If you seperated the ring from the tab, slot the tab in the groove you could fire it clear across the room

Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:15 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Anybody used to make lolly stick rafts? <sigh>

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic