SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

I am presently at JFK Airport

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
PumkinEater
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just got this random email from a scammer but it caught my attention because of the subject line: I am presently at JFK Airport

I thought it was an odd way of doing things. The rest of the email looks pretty standard except that he talks about delivering to "your residential address." Here's the whole thing:

I am a Diplomat from the Caribbeans named Frank Chambers,mandated to deliver your inheritance to you in your country of residence.

The funds total US$7.5 Million and you were made the beneficiary of these funds by a benefactor whose details will be revealed to you after handing over the funds to you in accordance with the Agreement I signed with the benefactor when he enlisted my assistance in delivering the funds to you.

I am presently at JFK Airport in the United States of America and before I can deliver the funds to you, you have to reconfirm the following information so as to ensure that I am dealing with the right person

1. Full Name

2.Residential Address

3.Age

4.Occupation

5.Direct Telephone Numbers

After verification of the information with what I have on file,I shall contact you so that we can make arrangements on the exact time I will be bringing your package to your residential address. Send the requested information so that we can proceed.

Regards

Frank Chambers.

And the headers:

Return-Path: <[email protected]>
Authentication-Results: mta171.mail.re3.yahoo.com from=yahoo.com.hk; domainkeys=neutral (no sig)
Received: from 216.254.141.173 (EHLO mail-02.primus.ca) (216.254.141.173) by mta171.mail.re3.yahoo.com with SMTP; Sat, 02 Aug 2008 04:32:11 -0700
Received: from ml82.128.10.14.multilinks.com ([82.128.10.14] helo=User) by mail-02.primus.ca with esmtpa (Exim 4.63) (envelope-from <[email protected]>) id 1KPFL4-0000q4-28; Sat, 02 Aug 2008 07:32:04 -0400
Reply-To: <[email protected]>
From: "Frank Chambers."<[email protected]> Add sender to Contacts
Subject: I am presently at JFK Airport
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 12:26:44 -0700
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="Windows-1251"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Length: 1084

I'm guessing he'll ask for travel expenses - although I guess someone living near JFK could just go meet him at the airport. Have you seen something like this before?
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 12:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It may just be a crappy format that he hasn't had much experience with... I've seen something similar a few times and it tends to be a new lads' first format. I mean, who the hell does all his business from an airport? At the end of the day, the scam is still going to take 1 to 2 weeks to get to payday.

Maybe he looks like this?

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Super Girl 3
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Too bad he's not in France. He could meet up with my lad, Mr. Mike Ford who has been caught by security at the Charles de Gaulle airport with a suitcase full of cash to buy my house. They could go for a coffee, exchange notes, kill time. They have alot in common you know.

-"I will make sure i give you a big aids ok."
Doodle Bug
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Could be worse, they both should be at Chicago O'Hare International Airport‎ Twisted Evil

Who is this person Mickey Mouse???
trying to dercieve hoorable men like me. You are stupid man ok.
PumkinEater
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Since I'm just starting to try my hand at baiting, I just shot off a quick message to this guy - from my baiting email, of course. I asked why he was still in the airport. If he responds, I'm going to offer to pic him up!

@Mugatu

I think I'm fairly safe in saying that, no, he most definitely does not look like that! Laughing
Casual Occurrence
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 3:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I got that same one, but I found it in my spam folder from a month ago. I have a few other baits going on at the time so I attempted to send an ASEM in an attempt to get an account number out of him quickly instead. Hasn't responded to it yet...we shall see. And good luck with your bait!

"When I die, I'm leaving my body to science fiction." - Cathartic Kate

IF YOU MEET THIS MAN ON GROUND YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO RAIN ABUSES ON HIM...I WOULD ADVICE YOU READ AND TRY TO UNDERSTAND HIS E-MAILS VERY WELL BEFORE YOU START INSULTING HIS PERSONALITY. - Rev. Niklas

Thank you for your Undiluted Assictance and we hope to have a Lasting business relationship with you. - Hou Weijun

YOU ARE A F***ING BASTERD!!! - [Account reported] Dr. John E. Telex/Foreign Remitance Department

<a href="/forum/viewtopic.php?t=159622">Getting into collecting accounts from ASEMs? For a breakdown of a simple example bait: Click Here</a>
PumkinEater
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 1:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

He did respond - I am playing dumb. We'll see what happens.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic