SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Nigerian Scam - US$17.5million string along - pretty funny

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
stringalong
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I strung along a dirty little scammer a month or so ago.
I didnt even realise this was an internet sport until I came across this website today, thourght id share my funny experience...

its quite long, sorry if it offends anyone but the guy is a scumbag...

scammer: [email protected]
Code:
My Dear Friend

With all due respect,i humbly introduce myself to you. I am JOHNSON CONTEH, aged 21 years,a Citizen of Republic of Sierra-Leone. I got your contact in my search for an honest person abroad who can assist me to invest my inheritance wisely and my instinct motivated me to write you. I hope you will be kind enough to digest my mail and help me in this regards.

I inherited the sum of US$17.5million (SEVENTEEN  MILLION, FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED STATES DOLLARS) from my late parents as the only child of my parents. My parents were prominent International Oil Dealers within the oil rich region of Gulf of Guinea of West and Central African Coast. My parents were victims of the deadly plane crash that took the lives of over 110 passengers in Cotonou, Republic of Benin on December 25, 2003. They were on their way to Beruit (Lebanon) on holiday when they met their sudden death.You can check and verify about the plane crash in the following links below.

www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/africa/12/26/benin.crash/index.html
www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/12/25/world/main590221.shtml

I am looking for a trustworthy partner abroad who can assist me to move my inherited funds abroad for banking and investment because of the continoues Economic and Political instability nature of African states. I am willing to go into long term business relationship and partnership with you. You will be bountifully rewarded for all your roles and assistance to me. I pray and hope that you are honest and trustworthy enough to be my Financial Trustee and business partner in this matter. Do not hesitate to contact me for further details if you accept my offer. I shall be very glad indeed to hear from you as soon as possible.I hope you will handle this matter with altmost confidentiality and transparency it deserves.

Kind Regards

Johnson Conteh

I wrote:
Dear Mr Conteh

I would be glad to help out a person in need. How can I help you?

Im a trustworthy person, honest and reliable and I have access to a means of getting to Africa if you need me to.
I can offer you cash in advance if you are desperate, which i can get paid back with your parents money.

Drop me a reply letting me know exactly what I need to do to help you.
Ill be glad to help as I have a friend in Africa, Cameroon.

Regards
Sam

Scammer:

Dear Mr. Sam

Thanks for your swift reply. I am very much happy and delighted to know that you are willing to help me in this matter. I can assure you with all my heart that this transaction is not a hoax neither is it illegal. My proposal to you is based on true facts and all sincerity and honesty. This transaction is 100% risk-free both now and in future. Everything shall be done legally in accordance with the dictates of the law. Though we have not met before or known each other before but i am willing to trust you with all my heart and also entrust the funds in your hands provided you will be honest and sincere to me. I need somebody very honest i can trust and confide in.

I know that my first message may have looked strange to you but i can assure you that i mean no harm. It is my sincere desire to have you as my business partner and a trusted friend. Every relationship starts in a day, i believe we can start ours and know each other closely. I strongly believe that our relationship will wax strong with time but we need to trust each other with all our hearts. I want to become a strong politician in my country in the near future. My dream is to be a good leader and lead my people to prosperity.

For us to get started with the money transfer process,i would like you to provide me with your personal details like, Your Name in full,Nationality,Address,Date of Birth,,Marital Status,Occupation, Gender, Passport Number, your personal telephone and fax numbers.

I need the above listed details to appoint and authorize you legally to become my Guardian and Trustee of my inherited fund. Giving you Power of Attorney to act as my foreign Guardian and Trustee will make the transfer of the funds to your account much easier and simple as advised by my lawyer. We shall move to second stage after the Power of Attorney is granted.

I have already started making reliable arrangement with the Trust Company in charge of safe-keeping of my inheritance and a good bank for the safe release and transfer of the funds abroad for banking and investment purposes. I would also advise that you provide a good bank account where the money will be transferred into when the money transfer process is concluded.

Bear in mind that you shall be solely responsible to manage all the funds on my behalf and invest them wisely in good investments in your country while i shall continue with my studies in school. I will join you in business after my graduation from school. You should also make arrangement for me to come over to your country after the money is transferred to your account so that we can meet physically and know each other closely enough.I intend to resettle in your country after graduation from University.

Please,send me your personal details as soon as possible so that i can make the authorization papers(POWER OF ATTORNEY) for the trusteeship.I will call you for brief discussion as soon as you send me your personal telephone number, however,i am waiting for your earliest response.
Waiting to hear from you soonest.

God Bless you

Johnson Conteh

I wrote:
Dear Mr Conteh,

My personal details are as follows:

Name: Sam McAloney
British

Address:
536 The Walkway
Northampton
Leics
LE16-9RG

DoB: 23/08/1975

Marital Status: Single
Passport Number: 659875971
Telephone: +44(0)18******4

Would you send me the same infomation about yourself? Once i've recieved you're details I will send over my bank details. I need to know I can trust you also.

Many Thanks.
Kind Regards

Sam

Scammer:
Dear Mr. Sam

Thanks for your swift cooperation. I have no doubt in my mind that i am dealing with an honest person. Though we have not seen or met each other before but my instinct convinces me that you are honest and reliable. I have received your personal information which i demanded for. I have forwarded your personal information to my lawyer for drafting and legalization of the proposed Power of Attorney. I will send you copies of the Power of Attorney as soon as it becomes available today. We will move to the second stage of this transaction as soon as the power of Attorney is made available. Your presence might be needed before the money could be released and transferred to your account. Please, confirm your willingness to come over to meet me here in Benin incase your presence is required by the authorities.

In compliance with your request below are my personal information.

Name: Johnson Conteh
Address in Benin: 47 Dantokpa Grande Marche, Cotonou, Benin
Home Address in Sierra-Leoone: 22 Siaka Stevens Street, Freetown, Sierra-Leone
Nationality: Sierra-Leonian
Date Of Birth: 28th November 1987
Marital Status: Single
Passport Number: Old Passport Expired. New One under processing by the Immigration Authorities
Contact Telephone Number: +2299713959.

Reply soon

Good bless you

Johnson Conteh

I wrote:
Dear Mr Conteh,

Thanks for the infomation. I'm sure I can trust you.

I am willing to travel to Benin, when would you like me to travel? I would be more than happy to come and meet you in your country, like I said in previous email I have a friend in Cameroon,Province du Centre, Bafia. I've traveled to Cameroon and Nigeria, I've also been to South Africa.

I am off work at the moment, I go back on Monday July 21st 2008, so I have roughly a month off, if we could do the transaction during this period then that would make my life a lot easier.

Take Care
Regards

Sam

I wrote again saying
Dear Mr Conteh,

Appolagies for not sending my bank account details, I have 3 accounts which are in my name, would you like to sort out the bank details when I arrive in you're country?

Regards
Sam

Scammer:
Dear Mr. Sam
Thanks for your mail. I am very happy to know that you are willing to come over to meet with me in Africa. The lawyer is working round the clock to ensure that this transaction is completed within 10working days. The lawyer has gone to the High Court for the legalization of the Power of Attorney. He assured me that the Power of Attorney will be ready before the close of work today. I will send copies of the PA to you as soon as they are ready.
The lawyer has advised me to grant you right of fund ownership so as to make the transfer of the fund to your accounts much easier. You will be required to come to Benin to sign for the release of the Fund from the Trust Company when everything is ready. It is the lawyer that will decide with the Trust Company the exact time and date you will come to Benin to sign the Fund Release Order as my Foreign Trustee.You should be getting yourself ready for the trip to Benin next week because the lawyer said that he is working on Friday 27th June to be the official date. You will be informed as soon as the date is officially confirmed.

As a matter of urgency, the lawyer wants you to send scanned pages of your international passport that bear your personal information and passport photo. It is required by the authorities for legalization for the proposed granting of right of fund ownership to you. Send to me by email today your international passport page today as advised. The lawyer also needs your accounts details to apply for International Money transfer approvals from the regulatory authorities here in Benin. It is the advice of the lawyer that we should not transfer all the money to only one of your accounts because the money is big. He advised that the fund shall be split into three equal parts and shall be transferred to three of your accounts to avoid difficulties and problems. The relevant information needed are Bank Name, Bank Address, Account Name, Account Type, Account Number, Swift Code, Beneficiary Name, Routing Code, Bank Telephone and Fax Numbers.

Send the requested information as soon as possible.

Best Wishes

Johnson

Scammer then replied again with the Power of Attorney w/e that is lol:
Dear Mr. Sam
I have enclosed herewith copies of the Power of Attorney. Please, print out the Power of Attorney and sign the blank spaces made for you ( Attorney) at the bottom of the second page. Rescan the second page and send it to me by email. We will move to the next stage after you have signed the Power of Attorney. Applying for the release and transfer of the fund to your accounts is the second stage. You have to send scanned copy of your international passport page that bears your personal information and photo and your account details.
Your earliest cooperation is needed.

God bless you
Johnson

documents can be viewed here: Image Image

I go silent for a few days to mull things over lol, but things now start to get funny

Scammer:
Hi Sam
I am suprised, you have been silent and your phone number is wrong. What is going on.
Reply soon
Johnson

I wrote:
Dear Mr Conteh,

I've had a word with a few work colleages I know about our plans and they seem to think it is a scam. I don't know who to belive as you seem to be genuine, could you possibly email me some more information about yourself or you're plans about yourself?

I just need to know where I stand and what is going on.
I look forward to you're response.

Many Thanks
Regards

Sam

I wrote again
Dear Mr Conteh,

I am also disapointed that you have not contacted me. Would it be better for you to meet in you're country to discuss this matter further?

I look forward to you're response.

Regards
Sam

Scammer:
Dear Sam
I sincerely apologise for my late communication. Honestly, my silence was not delibrate. I travelled to the province to visit my aged granny who is over 80years old. I could have email you but there is no internet facilities in the problem. I returned to Benin last night.

As per what your friend told you about our proposed business partnership, i would advise you to ignore their opinions and lets move forward with our business partnership. My offer to you is genuine besides i have no evil motive against you or anybody. I want us to come together as a fomidable team and make this transaction a huge success. I want us to speed up things because time waits for nobody.

I want you to get yourself ready for a visit to Benin to meet with me next week. My lawyer is working round the clock to ensure that everything is ready before your arrival. I have instructed him to conclude arrangement and ensure that the Trust Company will release my inheritance upon your arrival in Benin next week. Your visit will provide you the opportunity to see me face to face for the first time. You will also have the previlage to co-sign with me for the release of the inheritance from the Trust Company as my trustee. You will also see my inheritance with your eyes and even take sum cash from it back to England. "Seeing is believing!

Please, indicate your willing to fly to Benin next week. Rest assured that i will not disappoint you in any way. I am a honest man with good intentions. I want us to work together and become good business partners and build a good business empire based on mutual understanding, trust, relaiblity and honesty and transperancy. Give me your workable cell phone number so that i can call you for discussion. You can reach me anytime on this number +22997139591

I am looking forward to hearing from you soonest

Johnson

I wrote:
Johnson,

I think I'll pull out and leave this task to someone else. I will hapily pay any costs you have incurred for sending me the documents, just send me the bill.

I appolagise to have messed you about but this is out of my league.
As a good will gesture I am willing to send you £100 for you're troubles, please supply me with a means to send you the money but as I said if there is another bill you would like me to pay, please don't hesitate to contact me.

Regards
Sam

Scammer:
Dear Sam
Stop kidding ok and be straightforward. This transaction is not a chide`s play but a lucrative business that will change our future. I am not interested in your 100pound compensation or whatever you call it. I am not poor as such i don`t need such compensation. All i need from you is honesty and relaiblity. It`s too late for me to revoke the Power of Attorney already issued to you because i and the lawyer have gone far with the arrangement. All arrangement were made in your name as the Trustee. You shoulkd reconsider your decision and join with me to make this project a huge success. Why are you hiding your true phone number from me. If your a being honest to me, you should send me your private phone number so that we can talk ok!
Johnson

I wrote:
Johnson,
I am trying to be strait forward, I understand that you come from a wealthy background but my offer of £100 was just a token of my appolagie, please don't take offence.

I cannot proceed with this transaction because I cannot just ignore my friends opinions about this matter.

Why would you use me and not anybody in you're country? I am a stranger to you, you have basically walked out onto the street and picked a random person accept this is on the internet. Why don't you walk outside and befriend someone and choose them for the transaction?

I am very tempted to buy a ticket to Africa but I really need you're assurance that this is legit.

Thanks for your replies.
Regards

Sam

Scammer doesnt reply so i do:
I wrote:
Johnson,

How are you doing? Would you like some money?

I havent heard from you in a while. did you manage to sort out a benefactor?

Regards
Sam

I wrote:
Johnson,

Is everything okay? How have you been, do you still need help with a benefactor?

Drop me a email sometime, I might be able to help. I've got a few people who are interested to help out fellow Africans.

Regards
Sam

I wrote:
Hello Johnson,

How are you? I am supprised you havent contacted me. Would you like me to send you some money or maybe fly over and help you with your inheritance money?

Regards
Sam

Scammer:
Dear Sam
If you really wanted to help me invest my inheritance you have given me your reachable private telephone number for effective communication. I am busy with my studies now and would not like to waste my time discussing important business with someone who is not willing to assist me. I was trained to maximize time. Time is of essence in this particular project. You have to come out straight and be transparent if you really want to assist me. I am not ready for hide and seek game. I have no time for internet jokes. Get serious and send me your telephone number so that we can talk business. It is also imperative that you should send me your identity document for identification purposes. My partnership offer is a genuine and lucrative one and should be treated as such.
Regards
Johnson

I wrote:
You were trained to maximise time, right okay, you make it sound like some sort of military training.

Do you really think that anybody would belive your shitty scam? Trying to make people belive that you have 18 million dollars? its laughable, I dont think your country has ever seen $1 let alone 18 million of the fuckers...god damn you n****r! god damn you to hell jiggah!

I hope your black ass gets beaten back into the stone-age for trying make a mockery of me.

Scammer:
YOU ARE NOTHING BUT A NUM-SKULL, OMOMO, WHITE MGBADA, OLOJU KOKORO, OLE, ONU-NSI AND ABOVE ALL ,YOU
ARE THE MOST USELESS WHITE PIG I HAVE EVER COME ACROSS. YOUR PEOPLE ARE PAYING DEARLY FOR THEIR WICKEDNESS TO HUMANITY. GET LOST AGBAYA! GO AND HAVE A GOOD FUCK WITH YOUR ASS SMELLING MOTHER.

YOU ARE A WHITE ANIMAL WITHOUT TAIL!

OLEEEEEEEEEE!

I wrote:
HAHA N****R YOU GOT ROYALLY OWNED>>>

YOU CANT FOOL THE BRITISH, WE FUCKING ROCK!! WOO HOO!

now die!

I wrote
you are a smelly *DELETED*. i have tracked your pc mac address and ip, i will come over to africa next sunday to beat your black ass back to the stone-age

have a bad day.

Scammer:
GO TO HELL BITCH

I wrote:
I will see you on the battlefield *DELETED*...
----------------------------------------------------------------------
dont ask me why i wrote the last bit about the battlefield Very Happy

critisms are welcome and any hints or tips for the next time this happens is much appreciated.

my personal infomation i supplied was all fake (obviously)...

ill get reading the forums to see how this is realy done and to have a laugh

thanks for reading. Twisted Evil

Last edited by stringalong on Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I hope you were baiting safe (otherwise he has your real life email addy)

I'd suggest a quick read of this lot...

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
stringalong
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks Donato. fortunately im using gmail, I wish I knew about this tho:

Set up a web based phone number. This number you can set up with a personalised message for your lads to call and leave messages. www.k7.net or www.J2.com

I probably should have read up on the forums a bit as my post does not comply with the layout thats required, my appolagies.
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good, but I think spoiled by the ending.

First, any sort of comments based on race are frowned upon. It's bad enough that the reality is Nigeria (and surrounding countries) has so many scammers, percentage-wise. When that fact and the idea that "Nigerian = scammer" is highlighted, it's not doing the image of baiters a lot of good.

Second, letting him know you know he's a scammer at the end might feel good and there's a "Ha! Gotcha!" moment of personal greatness, but it's much more disheartening for the scammer if your character, once he's decided to end the bait, slinks away quietly leaving the scammer thinking "What the hell went wrong there?" and having a ton of doubts about his own abilities.

The format thing? I think how you laid it out was easy to read, easy to tell who said what. No problem there.

Oh, and um... welcome! If no one has said it already while I'm typing this.

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg
stringalong
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

thanks otterfan. i see what your saying about the ending, i will bare that in mind next time. how would you end such a thing, just not reply? ill read up on some other posts and see how they ended theirs tho.

cheers Laughing

scammers email: [email protected]
Otterfan
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 5:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It used to be the fashion to "burn" a scammer (i.e., tell him he's been fooled and made to look like an idiot) but things have moved on since then, so you might find some older baits (and especially ones on the front page of the site, not so much in the recent published forum) where burnings take place.

How do I end mine? I just keep on going until the lad finally realizes I'm a waste of his time. I try not to tell him that I'm wasting his time directly, and instead I wait for him to come to that conclusion himself, but making sure that I always look like a solidly about-to-pay victim. When he finally realizes that I'm a lost cause, I hope that he sits back and starts to have doubts about his scamming abilities. I mean, there I was, about to pay, even WANTING to pay, but... damn it, the money just wasn't in his hands, no matter how hard we all tried!

"I have to sale something now to be able to drink water." -- Alice Idris on safari in Cotonou
"why did you waste my time like this why." -- US Army Captain William D Swenson
Hello Kitty! <--TS certified.

Easter Egg
stringalong
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
How do I end mine? I just keep on going until the lad finally realizes I'm a waste of his time. I try not to tell him that I'm wasting his time directly, and instead I wait for him to come to that conclusion himself, but making sure that I always look like a solidly about-to-pay victim. When he finally realizes that I'm a lost cause, I hope that he sits back and starts to have doubts about his scamming abilities. I mean, there I was, about to pay, even WANTING to pay, but... damn it, the money just wasn't in his hands, no matter how hard we all tried!

Laughing it brings a smile to my face just reading that. sounds like a plan for when the next one comes along. stringing them out for as long as possible until they just snap and give up

brilliant Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic