SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Please correct me if I'm wrong

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Yaya
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

DH received this in his email this morning.

Quote:
----- Forwarded Message ----
From: Mic^ael .X Tay&0r <michaeltaylor1986@inMail24dotcom>
Sent: Thursday, July 24, 2008 1:29:05 PM
Subject: Greetings Sir/Madam

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Mic^ael X. Tay&or 22years old and my little sister’s name is K@t& Tayl0r 15years old, the son and daughter of Former Presidentof Liberia Ch@rles T@ylor our mother was arrested and took to Sierra-Loane last month.

We were living in Calabar Eastern part of Nigeria. Before my father was arrested and sent to Sierra Loane for trials, he gave to me and my
little sister some document that showed were he deposited two boxes containing diamond and gold in a security company here in Nigeria that worth Forty million dollars ($40million).

PLEASE READ VERY CAREFULLY

Last week I traced to the address of were my father made a deposit of the treasured boxes in Lagos And found the place, after filling the form they ask me to fill I showed them the document which my father use to make the deposit to their company, the showed me the two boxes which my father deposited in there security company, I open one of the boxes with the digital key number which my father write and gave to me for the opening of the boxes and find out that what is inside the boxes is money one hundred dollar bill cash. Each of the boxes contain $20 million dollars, when my father deposit
the boxes in the ecurity company he deposited the boxes as diamond and gold.

Right now me and my little sister need your help we want to courier these boxes to your position in your country so that at the end of the day
we will come over to your country and continue our education in your country,

(1) We will need your address were you want us to use for the couriering the boxes to you

(2) Your full name telephone and fax number

(3) Your picture or your drivers licences

Please if you are interested in helping us to received This Boxes of money that is presently with a security company here in Nigeria, after
successful delivery of this Boxes to you, 40% of the total fund will go to you.

Best Regard
M1ch@el. D.Tay&or

So I did a google on this name, with the word 'scam' after it, and this guy came up as one of our dear soldiers that gave his life in Iraq or Afghanistan.

PLEASE someone bait this character and send him to a deserted island.
Ariyeo
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

searching for his name and scam I get this letter on a differnet site and some other stuff about scams. For his name alone I get mostly MD's
Yaya
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I got mostly M.D.'s the first time too, then I added the word 'scam' behind it, and came up w/ a list of U.S. troops killed in Iraq and Afghanistan, with this soldiers name on the list.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Forgive me if I've got this wrong, but from what I understand you think this scammer stole the name "Michael Taylor" from a deceased US servicemans list, or that he is using the name in several formats, including the Iraq Saddam gold scam?

I think with such a common name it's more likely to be a just a coincedence.

Scammers do extract names from news stories about deceased air crash victims, cancer victims, lots of other victims as well as deceased servicemen. They also make names up.

Rather than google the name, I find it's usually more helpful (and accurate) to google his email address and even his phone number.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm with mugatu on this one-things like email addresses-phone numbers and IP's can be unique whereas how many Charles S0ludo's have we seen.

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 6:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's true - lads get their stage names from all sorts of places. I wouldn't say your guess is wrong Yaya, because it's just as possible as any other estimate. It could be the mugu's real name for all I know (though I rather doubt that).
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 3:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It could also be just a random coincidence. He had to use the last name of Taylor because he is "the son" of the deposed President. The choice of first name could just be a random drawing from his bucket of "English" names.

Safari Stanley's Christmas Adventure 2008 - Lagos to Abuja - massbait
Vir
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

They're really not very good at making up names. I got a form filled out by a "Samuel Joseph Chris", for instance.

Safari Willy - Accra to Abuja
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:48 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

6 billion people here, google finds 260 million Taylors in .24 second so there might be a few Michaels out there too with the same last name, google Laughing 89.6 million finds, so I would say coincidence, some might even have joined the army. And even if he borrowed the name idea from that specific soldier, it only proves that he reads his news paper or watches the TV.
So I don't get your request
Quote:
PLEASE someone bait this character and send him to a deserted island
there are many out there and we don't have enough deserted islands to begin with Wink

And hiding his name, but you not hiding his addy makes me think that this could be a personal quest Rolling Eyes

I know, but that's how you get when the tinfoil hat wears out. Laughing

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic