SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

How do you anonymously register a domain name? UPDATED!!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
wayne
Account closed at users request

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Answers on a postcard (or a PM) please. I'm about to register a domain, but obviously don't want any of my RL details to be found with a whois. TIA for any help.

Last edited by wayne on Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Ariyeo
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

you can register it using the premium Po box and a 'company name' if that would make life easier.

EDIT:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2002/09/17/go_daddy_offers_anonymous_domain - may be interesting

also - http://www.silentregister.com/

and - http://www.cpaglobal.com/domains/management/anonymous_registration
Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't recommend using false information, especially if you sign up using false WHOIS details, that is grounds for suspension of the domain by the registrar.

I recommend going through a proxy, such as Privacy Protect. There are a number of such services out there (and I've seen a lot of them, since the scammers love them, too, for obvious reasons).

Sometimes, it depends on who you register your domain with--they may have their own proxy registration service. For example, Melbourne IT has myprivateregistration.com:

http://www.melbourneit.com.au/help/index.php?faqid=30

So, it depends on who you use as registrar. Check first to see if your registrar that you are planning to use offers their own service. If not, use something such as Privacy Protect. I have a list of domain proxies that I've encountered during site killing if that would be of any help.

aa419.org --dead a fake site today.

No, Akai, you're a wonderful bitch. --Reaper
Ariyeo
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If he used the premium po box then it wouldn't be false details as most times the TaC require a contact address rather than a residential that can be replyed to within their 15 days notification period if there's a problem.

Same for using company name - trend is switching towards being 'admin@' and using admin name.

That's how lots of companies do it now, so I can't see it being a major problem and it might be more convenient.

EDIT for 'words': Sorry for the lack of coherence, I seem to have mislaid my tea.
wayne

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All done. namecheap.com has a year's free registration with whois guard for all new registrations, so the name is now selected and paid for. Next up, web space and designing it Very Happy

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

anything fun planned?
wayne

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It's all in the planning stages right now, but it'll probably be a blog, advice/information pages and a place to safely store my videos for when youtube (spit!) pulls them after the scammers complain.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:45 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sounds like a good plan. A few members already have a similar thing, quite a bit of oneĀ“s personal history.

Safari Dan the lotto man, ARK mugu wedding
Safari Dennis the hitman, co-bait w/ Murry Guru
Safari Zake (w/ SH, SL & Craig)
Safari x 5 Modeling Mugu Meeting, w/ mewing_ghecko & Otterfan & SSC
Safari x 2 another MMM w/ SH
Safari x 13 Later shows and trips for the benefit of M00seknuckle, incl. the 0budu Fact Finding Mission

Come to our Eater University Baiting Tutorials Hello Kitty! pony Cos you deserve it. Smile Mortar x5 Closed lad accounts x50+ Sand Timer x 4 -- T.W.A.T Goat Easter Egg 2013
kleindoofy
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 1:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ariyeo wrote:
you can register it using the premium Po box ...

That's an extremely bad idea.

The premium PO boxes aren't just anonymous holes in a brick wall somewhere on the highway. They are real PO boxes which are run by real people, using their real life names, who offer them to premium members for baiting purposes only.

Those individuals run a personal risk, and any misuse of the boxes could get them in deep shit with authorities. There have been a few close calls in the past, including the UPS Fraud Branch, Interpol, and local police departments. And that was just from normal use. I won't even mention the dumbasses who had lads address letters to "Motherfucker" and the like.

Using a box to register anything could possibly associate that thing with the box owner, such as an internet domain.
wayne

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 2:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

WATCH THIS SPACE FOR NEW DEVELOPMENTS

419Eater Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You know wayne I wondered the same thing. I bought a domain a while ago but not really for a website. I just wanted a vanity email addy. I registered using a fake name which comes so natural to me these days but I paid with my debit card. A whois search doesn't even show the fake name I used.

I was wondering for the future if I can use a prepaid visa card. I have a few of them that are about to expire. The thing is there is no name on the card. It says " A gift for you". Anyone have any experience using prepaid cards?

Sand Timer 8/11/07-12/15/08 i am totally a looser -Bruce The trophy machine

Sand Timer 2/25/08-4/10/10 It is going to cost me more this time - Lawrence, EFCC Lad Deck participant

Sand Timer 3/3/08-6/6/10 i know some day you'll send me some real good bucks ok - Byran The Eater Bunny

Sand Timer 3/13/08-3/25/10 i have played my path and now I am waiting for the pay - Wale Wild card
whatcanido
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2008 8:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

And domain-related services include two: domain name registration and domain analysis. Domain names must be registered before they can use. ... In international practice, domain name registration does not offer free trial. The World Wide Web to provide free secondary domain analytical services.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic