SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Cuil the new Google?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

An ex member of google (who designed the latest search engine update for them) has created and launched her own search engine called Cuil. If you go there and search "419eater" you'll see our very own jojobean's famous bait with Kevin.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
Newdonym
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not a great fan of it yet. I'll grant that it's new, but it is pretty slow for me and it indexes things in a very curious way. I Cuil'd a popular forum that i frequent and it didn't come up until the second page. Not all that useful.

Also, they say they have cataloged three times more URLs than any other search engine giving the figure 120 billion. Google has just indexed 1 trillion. LINK.

I like that they are thinking of giving their users some privacy and that their display is pleasing to the eye. When they iron out the problems, i might switch over.
Mr.X
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't like it. A) It loades very slowly to me B) I searched just for '419' and I got "We didn’t find any results for “419”" -> google 419, 186 000 000 hits. Also that black theme is too heavy (for yarr aiys, matey).

The Blackwood Con
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't like it because the page wouldn't even load. Firefox said it "detected an address redirect loop that would never end".

Fun.

ETA:

The only way you can get to it (that I have found) is by typing the address directly into the URL bar. If you search for via (and ironically so) Google, you get an error message. Or at least I got one.

I searched for "Lost" and it came up with absolutely nothing. Ergo, Cuil is a blasphemous pig.

thanks for making a fool of me ok,you are just talking nonsense.man to hell with you if you keep fooling me all the time."
maybe i will come and lick your shoes just because you want to buy diamonds from me.
smartbomb
** Retired **

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
If you search for via (and ironically so) Google, you get an error message. Or at least I got one.

Sour grapes perhaps ?

Ivory Coast x8 United Kingdom x49 Spain x5 Nigeria x6 United States x3 Switzerland Netherlands x3 Turkey Estonian Flag x10 Malaysia x4 Ukraine Denmark Ghana x2 Russia Indonesia Thailand Germany France x2 Benin x4 Togo United Arab Emirates South Africa x2 Australia Canada Iraq Flag China United Nations
pony Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts a few
Click Here for Free Wigs !

i am no more a baby for going through this kind of stress for 200 pounds. : Hammed - Another satisfied MT7N S3cur3 customer.
l will never lose my leg in Jesus name.......ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen l can see that you are totally MAD, FUCK YOU TOO!!!!! : Mr Yusuf
Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:54 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I searched for "Lost" and it came up with absolutely nothing. Ergo, Cuil is a blasphemous pig.

I just searched that because I was curious and found that hard to believe, and the TV programme came up on the first page of hits. Confused

Still, that being said, I don't see myself switching from Google or Yahoo search engine anytime soon.

aa419.org --dead a fake site today.

No, Akai, you're a wonderful bitch. --Reaper
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I think Google has become so ingrained as the defacto search engine that outside SEO circles this is going to be little more then a novelty.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
The Blackwood Con
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Okay, I just searched "Lost" again (for the TV show) and it actually worked this time. To be honest, it is worse if a program or website only works intermittently than it is if it didn't work at all. At least if it doesn't work at all the problem is easier to find.

There's no way Cuil will ever make it as big as Google. I mean, google is now a word in Webster's dictionary...

thanks for making a fool of me ok,you are just talking nonsense.man to hell with you if you keep fooling me all the time."
maybe i will come and lick your shoes just because you want to buy diamonds from me.
Tastysnack
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

~ The Blackwood Con,

And so was "Buggy Whip", and they ain't sellin' so good anymore....

"you are the must fool i have ever seen fuck you like the 12.5 million idoit dont write me again" Radebe Gumede 7-16-09 after his bank transfer failed.

"Sorry we do not know Mr. Gomer. Send that email fromthe so called gomer to us for scrutiny."- Devati Mooleedhar

SON OF A DOG GO EAT SHIT AND DRINK WATER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOSERRRRRRRRR.GET A LIFE--Bakar Saud (After Mr. Gomer chopped his dolla')

YOU ATE OUR MONEY AND YOU START MOCKING US--Bishop Anthony

Fake Checks Received= $63,487 US
Wright B Hindyou
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I searched just for '419' and I got "We didn’t find any results for “419

Try it now -- Eater is there, plumb spang at the top. Very Happy

CIYF Wink

"bastard like you, I will kill you with my hand, son of nobody. May your soul rust in help." - Titi Andrew

"I trusted you very much without knowing that you are a drug addit person" - Emma Bambara

"THIS YOUR BEHAVIOR IS IRELEVANT AND CROSPOLOS CARACTER" - Madam Clarrise Keita.

"you must speak beter because we dont train mad people in this company." - Incredible Self-Baiting Pastor Joe
wokabo
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I've tried it too - multiple searches with exactly the same keyword(s) sometimes give different results. Weird. I'll stick to Google for a while longer (at least until Cuil can find my RL name anywhere).

Fight My Brute
Mr.X
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Does this even have country (/language) specific search? If not then this will be a major no no for me, because I need to make searches in my mother tongue and also in English.

sunshine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Incidentally I bought a buggy whip the other day (and it's because I own a pony and trap in case you were thinking I was kinky!)

Tried cuil yesterday to look for a couple of blogs I like and I wasn't that impressed to be honest, results were largely irrelevant and it was slow.

Nice interface though and I like the privacy thing. Plus anything that pokes the almighty Google in the eye is good in my book.

I have explain this whole process to you so many times over and over again. - Spencer
Safari Praveen - Hanuman Junction - Hyderabad x2
Safari Bola - Accra - Cotonou Safari Alex - Accra - Abidjan Safari Austin - Accra - Abidjan
Safari George - Accra - Cotonou - Lome - Niamtougou Safari Toks London - Milford Haven
pony pony pony Mortar Closed lad accounts x170 Czech Republic Easter Egg 2011 Sand Timer Engineer Cooke vs. Temeraire x8
scambuster3
Elite Baiter

Location: South East tip of Australia Down under, where a Dingo ate my Lads WU slip

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

tried the new search engine name in google
72,000 hits

Bank accounts sent to mysterious Alan = 477

Winner of Inspector Gadget 2009 fake checks contest, thanks IG
Winner of Inspector Gadget 2008 Bank account contest, thanks IG

"You are going to scam your passport page "
"CENTRAL BANK OF NIGER1A has scanned this email for viruses, vandals and malicious content."
"The Central Bank of Nigerian will put you in jail for life. You must return that money or you will face a brutal consequences."
"I KNOW U ARE JUST A TIME WASTER AND A BULL SHITTER."
"Hope you are not a joker because I don't waste my time and job on jokers"
"Time wasters are not authorized to contact us"
Closed lad accounts
Bruce Banner
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The largest paintball forum on the web doesn't even show up in the top three pages for a search on "paintball".... I will have to try more tests later.
Mr.X
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you search with "cuil search engine", it shows 3 sites and says "1,369 results for cuil search engine". So why I am getting only 3 sites if there is 1,369 results? http://www.cuil.com/search?q=cuil+search+engine# And it doesn't even find cuil.com with those terms Very Happy

Jimmy_Jones
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

scambuster3 wrote:
tried the new search engine name in google
72,000 hits

650,000 hits for cuil on google now
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I heard about this on the radio today and decided to give it a go. I decided to CUIL my own name (come on, we all do it) because I know it appears on various obscure websites in connection with my work. Unfortunately I happen to share my name with a moderately famous UK actor who appeared in a cult sci fi show in the 1970s (no, I'm not telling) and after 20 pages of hits on this actor's various blogs, fansites, press releases, etc and nothing else I gave up. It's supposed to be All About Me dammit!

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic