SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

National dish of Holland?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
JustineBaitman
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Doodle Bug wrote:
Post war Dutch People are taller, better Dairy product’s no doubt Smile

You aint friggin' kidding. My wife did this math calculation thing from the web calculating how tall my son will be.

The boy will be like the size of my head bigger than me. He'll prolly ask me like : "WHAT U WANT MIDGET?" when I wanna talk back at him when he's a teenager.

lulz.
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I have to agree with Eight, bitterballen with a beer are one of the Netherlands' great inventions. Smile

The cloggies can also whip up some good frites and mayo, but I think Belgium have the claim on that one as a national dish.

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:41 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I love Dutch spiced gouda cheese (the one with the cumin seeds) and those super strong licorice disks that look like mini hockey pucks and some would say taste like them too. Oh, and real Dutch genever gin.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Fryer
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The best thing I remember in Amersterdam was the rijsttafel. There's lot of good Indonesian rijsttafel restaurants in the city.

guy nawaaa for you oooh
sunshine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ontbijtkoek - literally "Breakfast Cake", sort fo a ginger sweet loaf that you slice and put butter on, traditionally served for breakfast.

My fave though is erwentsoep with a side of roggebrod (spelling?) - rye bread.

I have explain this whole process to you so many times over and over again. - Spencer
Safari Praveen - Hanuman Junction - Hyderabad x2
Safari Bola - Accra - Cotonou Safari Alex - Accra - Abidjan Safari Austin - Accra - Abidjan
Safari George - Accra - Cotonou - Lome - Niamtougou Safari Toks London - Milford Haven
pony pony pony Mortar Closed lad accounts x170 Czech Republic Easter Egg 2011 Sand Timer Engineer Cooke vs. Temeraire x8
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^ erwtensoep and roggebrood Very Happy

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Yes we can! (with a bit of help)
Super Girl 3
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We love taking short trips to Holland to visit their pubs. Extensive menu section on all kinds of pot and hash. Never noticed the food though.
Do they eat there? They sure do drink alot!

-"I will make sure i give you a big aids ok."
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ We always have tons of fun watching people travel halfway across Europe just to score a couple of spliffs. So that was you, with the Austrian number plates? Cool

SpainNigeriaNetherlandsCanadaSouth AfricaUnited KingdomAustraliaIvory CoastGhanaTogoUkraineIrelandHong KongFranceSenegalGermanyBeninTurks and CaicosIndonesiaPortugalBurkina FasoMalaysiacameroonJapanGambiaSierra LeoneKenya deadified fake websites) x 374
Mortar x11 Closed lad accountsx a couple Cellphone pony Easter Egg Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Golden Goat
Super Girl 3
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

How did you recognize me? Must have been the cape!

Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:41 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That, the plates, and the 2 tiny holes in your joint gave you away Smile

Alaike Bikbutz
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well i'm a Dutchie, but it's fair to say that there isn't such a thing as 'Dutch cuisine'. Personally I don't like the Dutch food that much, the main dishes are mainly stews with potatoes/veggies/meat. We got some nice (fried) snacks, the frikandel and the kroket would be the most popular. Usually they're outstanding but the quality varies.
Then there's herring, which is eaten raw (like sushi). It's a really tasteful fish, and a row of snapped onions would be the finishing touch Wink.
Also we've got the sweet called 'drop', which is either loved or hated. You can compate it with liquorice but then with a stronger taste.

The ones i mentioned in my post would be best picks, but it's safe to say that one shouldn't visit the Netherlands for the cuisine Wink.

lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gold Hat wrote:
Druk op de knop . . . Clicky

Ek het die knoppie gedruk Laughing
KV will love it.

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:01 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Don't druk het knoppie: it's horrible, be warned! (unless you're an line dance addict, that is)

@Lotta: where did you pick up that south African language skills? I'm impressed. Smile

barneyfife
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Our late landlady was from Belgium and ate french fries with mayonnaise.

Whenever I think of Holland, I think of Gouda, Edam, Heineken and tulips. I love Gouda and Edam cheese and buy it every so often. Not crazy about Heineken, though, I like a clear ale like Molson Dry, eh?

I'm used to Canadian beer and find some European beers to be too heavy.
Gold Hat
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

lotta wrote:
Ek het die knoppie gedruk Laughing

OK - ya got me . . . it isn't Dutch or Afrikaans Laughing

Give me a hint Wink
Gold Hat
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

barneyfife wrote:

I'm used to Canadian beer . . . .

I'll bet it makes you say "Eh" all the time.

And have you ever met Tim Bits?
Doodle Bug
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:42 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
A Dutch oven is a thick-walled iron (usually cast iron) cooking pot with a tight-fitting lid. It is commonly referred to as a 'camp oven' in the Australian bush, cocotte in French, as a 'casserole dish' in British English, and is similar to both the South African potjie and the Sač (sach), a traditional Balkan cast-iron oven. (An Australian 'Bedourie oven' is made of steel rather than cast-iron, so that it is more suitable for carrying by packhorses

The Dutch oven I know is a lot smellier and anti social Sad

Who is this person Mickey Mouse???
trying to dercieve hoorable men like me. You are stupid man ok.
Super Girl 3
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I used to drink lots of Canadian and Labbatt Blue but since coming to Autria and getting civilized with really good beer in big bottles (half litres) I have become a wine drinker. Funny side effect, I no longer say eh.

Doodle Bug
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Any one mentioned Dutch Smoked Eels or east end London Jellied eels ?

I am not surprised Sad

Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ of course, here speaks the real connoisseur .. definitely try the smoked eel ( a delicacy, really! ) What else do we smoke: mackerel, and smoked sausage (preferably the ones you can get at Hema). A taste fest, Holland is .. Smile

Doodle Bug
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:37 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
What else do we smoke

People that drink in the Brown Bars Very Happy

Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Not anymore. Since July 1st there's no more smoking allowed in public places. The government allowed one exception: the 'coffee'shops Laughing

Doodle Bug
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Have they cleaned and painted the Brown Bars ?

Dutch
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ That's another story. Don't rush things .. Smile

Some more traditionals the mrs and me came up with after a short brainstorm session:

hachee, pannekoeken, hutspot, hangop, oliebollen, appelflappen, hangop, boerenjongens, krentenbrood, griesmeelpudding, wentelteefjes, haagse bluf, 3 in de pan, hete bliksem, appeltaart, vlaai, speculaas, pepernoten, banketletter, jan hagel cookies, zure zult, zwezerik, watergruwel. Most of them I only know by name, and I like to keep it that way ...

MyMyselfAndI
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hope I spell this right: stampoot and roekwurst is a favorite dinner of mine whenever we've stocked up on roekwurst! The proper cabbage is difficult to get a hold of here as it needs frost to be proper nice.

Drop is very nice and especially Salmiak Rondos! Mmmmmm.... Very Happy

Oliebollen for New Year's is alright. My better half wants that if we've been to The Netherlands around Christmas.

"I 4LH4JI 4N4NE C0MP0A0REU THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OF F1RST B4NK OF 4FRIKA B.O.A HAVE JUST FINISHED READING THIS YOUR SECOND MAIL AFTER YOU INSAULTED ME WITH YOUR FORMAL MESSAGE." - 4lh4ji C0mp0a0reu director B4nk of 4frica

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY 50 DOLLARS????ARE YOU SURE THAT YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING OR DO THINK THAT YOU ARE SELLING FOOD ITEMS IN THE MARKET OR DO YOU THINK THAT YOU ARE DEALING WITH A PERSONAL BANK." - 4lh4ji C0mp0a0reu director B4nk of 4frica
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic