SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Clearing the names of Stolen Identities

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Super Girl 3
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I published my first baiting attempt and was quite proud of my first trophy. A passport of my scammer although his name and the one on the passport didn't match. However, a reply on my story lead me to the real owner of the passport who himself was scammed in a business deal and sent this document not knowing what he was getting into.

I mailied with this guy and he has since joined our group and is trying to clear his name. I think there should be some kind of section here for people who have been scammed out of their documents.

This guy was so upset that someone would abuse his passport and drag his name through the dirt.

There are alot of people out there who found out too late about scammers and have already sent info they should never have. By giving them the opportunity to regain some of their lost integrity we could do them a favor.

-"I will make sure i give you a big aids ok."
Mr Tambourine Man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:04 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think there is much point. Once you've sent a scammer a scan of your passports, that's it. There's no way to stop it being misused. Scammers must have thousands of them.

NOW AMBACK FOR YOU AGAIN STURBORN SHIT
you dont have a phone.that makes makes you joe butt

Fuck you and go find something to do man. Stop disturbing me please.

This is definitely why you will remain and die in poverty, ignorant of good things and easy acknowledgment of bad things and words. Shame on you, you wicked generation children.

i went you to no that this is not a cheld pray. i went you to get back to me

we are not scammer,we hate scammer as you do.scammer make out life harder and harder,a lot of people think we are scammer,in fact,we are not!! please trustt us
Super Girl 3
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I know there isn't much you can do, but it would give these people a chance to clear their names on this platform. How would you feel if it was your photo making the rounds and reading the commentaries baiters are writing regarding them. They are victims and I think we should give them some kinda support.

-"I will make sure i give you a big aids ok."
Scam Patroller
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We already have a section for the posting of passports and other ID's, see here:

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=115801

If a passport/ID is posted there, it's a fake or stolen one, which helps to clear the victim who it was stolen from. Myself and others via Scam Warners have contacted countless victims who have had their passport/ID scans abused, to let them know how it is being used by the scammers, at the same time, we give them advice about identrity theft, because chances are they have also handed over their bank details or social security numbers etc.

40x Nigeria 4x South Africa 2x Ghana 2x Benin 10x Ivory Coast 34x United Kingdom 17x United States 9x Spain 1x Belgium 1x 6x European Union 4x Canada 1x New Zealand 6x Netherlands 1x pyramid 23x Cellphone Jolly Roger
Vcamera YMCA Vcamera Summer Holdiay + Bus Hijack

www.scamwarners.com - www.scam-info-links.info - www.aa419.org - The Numpties Gallery
Seven of Nine
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Perhaps the person who's passport scan was obtained and misused by a scammer would like to post an account of the affair at ScamWarners. Victims' stories are often a useful resource for others in a similar predicament. It may even help convince someone else the correspondence they are engaged in is a scam.

Good luck, whoever you are Wink

Edited pre post. Scam Patroller types faster than me.

Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 9:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There's no need for victims of ID theft to 'clear their name' here. I don't think anyone thinks badly of victims who have sent ID, albeit midguidedly, to scammers and which was then subsequently misused. Quite the opposite in fact. We have every sympathy for victims because we, of all people, understand exactly how scammers operate and how persuasive they can be. Posting and sharing one's experiences as a victim at Scamwarners.com is much more necessary and worthwhiole.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Donato
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

None of us think badly of vics-and i don't think they need to 'clear their names'. The first thing they need to do is get the passport cancelled/reported stolen and get it replaced-that should invalidate the numbers if anyone was to check on it. What's done is done.

They should also contact their bank if they have given any financial details out and educate themselves on identity theft. Then if they can tell their friends and family-which will lessen the amount of potential victims out there.

Posting their stories on scamwarners as others have mentioned is the best thing to do, as it can help educate others ( as google afaik can search that whole site-so if someone googled a scammers name or email/phone number they may well get a 'hit' from there) which lessens the chances of it happening to someone else in the future.

I personally don't open any attachment from a lad. Period. So i don't see many fake passports, but i do know that 100% of what a lad sends out is BS and designed purely to part (well that's what he thinks) me and my money.

I can understand the victim's response to finding out what his ID is being used for-which is why he needs to get it cancelled-but we know what lads are like and there are no boundaries to how low they will go.

pony Closed lad accounts - lots

<i><b>Free Pastor Frank!!!</b></i>
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We do have a special section for that Exclamation

SCAMWARNERS.COM, they have the info and the hints how to prevent further damage, we just bait the lads the best we can Laughing Twisted Evil

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic