SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Stupid names for children

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Rorschach
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Some poor girl in NZ was given the name "Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii" by her parents, whom I'm guessing weren't from the upper reaches of society. Other ridiculous names given include "Number 16 Bus Shelter" and "Violence" and "Benson & Hedges" (twins). Thankfully officials blocked the parents who wanted to call their offspring "Sex Fruit". CLICKY

What is it with these people? Knowing what kids are like in the playground, why would anyone want to put their kid through a minimum of 16 years of taunting followed by several decades of unemployability? The rule I have abided by for my kids is that if King or Queen (insert name here) would sound stupid then forget it.

BRUNO HAYFORD: "you are an eel, 75% negative, 10% positive, 10% amorphous and 5% blank"
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I happened upon a play ground recently and heard a mother calling after her son: "Maverick....Maverick...get down from there."

I started calling my kids "Goose" and "Iceman" shortly thereafter.

If you don't get the reference (e.g. you're under 30), Google the movie "Top Gun"...

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
Jimmy_Jones
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:11 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

same goes with celebrities though

Apple, Peaches, Brooklyn etc etc lol
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:28 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sunday Rose. Rolling Eyes

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
Rover
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Whats wrong with Leaf, River, Rain, Liberty and Summer Bottom ? (Bottom is the real last name of the Phoenix kids!) Confused

Latest Anti Fraud News | Email Header Analysis | Help keep Eater running | Join 419Eater on Facebook Easter 2015
Yastreb
Common Street Thawth Vergabon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

According to Steven Pile's The Book of Heroic Failures, here are some names from the 19th century that didn't last the test of time.

Babberley
Clapham
Despair
Energetic
Lettuce
Murder
Tram
Uz
Wonderful

May you never se the end of the year, May you sick and die in JESUS NAME AMEN.
MARK MY WORD, YOU SHALL FALL SICK, IF YOU DONT PLEASE WITH ME, YOU SHALL DIE OF THE SICKNESS, THIS IS MY FINAL WORD TO YOU
I HAVE PLACED YOU UNDER MY ORACLE GODS,
YOU SHALL CRY AND BEG FOR FORGIVENESS OR YOU DIE

United Kingdom x5 Spain New Zealand Senegal Ghana x2 Benin Closed lad accounts x 246
Safari x 5 - Oyenka Chidinma Lagos-Cotonou; Dickyboi Lagos-Accra; Femmy Lagos-Porto Novo; "Woody" Accra-Singapore; Henry Philip Abuja-Natitingou w/MG & DSW
Sand Timer x 7
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Some years ago one of my brothers was in Wales and he over heard a mother calling to her son, "John Thomas come here". They had to stop themselves from laughing.
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Talk about coincidence.

My wife and I have just got back from a pre-natal scan.
All the way home we've been trying to think of names and I've been coming up with the daft ones and she's been doing the sensible ones.

Over halfway through the pregnancy and we still don't have a name. To make it worse, we don't know if it's a girl or a boy so I've got both to find.

Despair Genitalia sounds like a good one for a boy. Doubt if she'll go with it though.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Jimmy_Jones
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a few names for a baby when me and the missus have one but no doubt she will shoot them down lol

i wanted Xander for a boy and lucy for a Girl

this was before i met her

after i met her i realised she already has two kids and they are called Alexander and Lucy-anne lol

how weird is that
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Why not put all the names in a hat and then pick one.
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Moon Unit & Dweezil (Zappa)

If I were to have daughter (and since I have joined the "Capon Society" I doubt that it will happen anytime soon) I would name her Scout, after the character in the Harper Lee novel.

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually, Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii would be a good name for a baiting character. You could probably even send out a fake passport with that on in the hope that the lad would add it to his tool kit Very Happy

Or how about, taking inspiration from the Harry Enfield Slob characters, Spudulika, Frogmella, or Ashtray (the latter being a boy's name of course)?

BRUNO HAYFORD: "you are an eel, 75% negative, 10% positive, 10% amorphous and 5% blank"
windypops
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

A friend told me there is an unwritten law in Portugal, that all boys must be called 'Jorge' or have it as part of their full name.
I have no idea if this is true, but what an imposition if it is.

The parents in the story have gone overboard giving the child such a name, but the judge has got some issues of his own with nonconformists I would submit. Making the child a ward of the court is just as silly.

*Edit* Cleared up my meaning.

If it's LADS you want. GoTo: http://www.yopmail.com/
and sign in with either ladmail or kentbrockman
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

One of my many offspring is named ''Press Button B' after she was conceived in a phone box. And yes, before you ask, her mother was indeed a very very beautiful woman.

Her brother,who followed a couple of years later was called' Out Of Order'. Which is quite appropriate really, because he has started developing ADS tendancies.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have a feeling that heiresses Ima and Ura Hogg didn't get teased much. Nor, probably, did Armand Hammer.

My grandmother and aunt were both named Queen. Made it kind of hard to sell the monogrammed linens after they passed on. And in similar vein, an acquaintance named his son Quinn Xavier simply to give him a unique set of initials.
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Reaper wrote:
Sunday Rose. Rolling Eyes

When I first heard that on the radio, I was convinced they'd called her 'Sunday Roast'.

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
bill2
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The things we worry about, eh Laughing
Over 6 billion people so a "different" name can't be that bad and they can always change it later, so what's in a name ?

The first one was a girl so they called her Girly, the second one a son born on Easter so this now 50+ old 350 pound guy now goes under the name Bunny.
And that Dutch guy I met who changed his family name so the Canadians can now pronounce it too, how weird is he Question
It's not the name, but the person behind it.

A boy named Sue Wink

Edit: just thought of a few friends from the fifties. BoemBoem now calling herself Barbara and Tomtijn, her sister, happy complete adults with kids and no I don't know their names Laughing

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 4:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

windypops wrote:
Making the child a ward of the court is just as silly.

If I'm reading the story right, he only did that for long enough that the name could be changed....

Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Brfxxccxxmnpcccclllmmnprxvclmnckssqlbb11116 pronounced Albin was a name given to their son by a Swedish couple.
I'd always fancied the name Lavender for a girl but going through life being known as Lavvy made me think again
Dont know if its a Scots thing but in past generations we have a long line of people named one thing and known by another i.e
Minnie ( Wilhemina ), Queenie ( Victoria ), Effie ( Euphemia ), Mae ( Mary ), Jean ( Jane ), Ena ( Thomasina )
My mum had a fairly common name but was known by something else all her life and it wasnt even a diminutive of her name ( we could tell which nurses had actually read her notes by what they called her )
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wanted to give my son the middle name of NoMiddleName, but my wife, a staunch traditionalist, overruled me.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:20 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@Ts I wish I'd thought of that Laughing
I did have to change the order of my sons name to make the initials look better. ( Ok he would have been D.A.M...)

Its always a good idea to check how the name and diminutives will sound together

My eldest always threatened to use Frogmella for a girl and Guttering for a boy if she got pregnant

@ Pastor didnt Demi Moore and Bruce Willis use that name?
Chibuike
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My Grandmother was named Nelsina Peterina which my parents wanted to pass along to me. Thank God, the nurse talked them out of it! However, my sister named her daughter Nelsina Marie. We just call her Nel. Those Danish people are silly when it comes to names.

pony pony pony <--I got ponies! Wahhooo!
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ NannyOgg, Those were the names of Frank Zappa's kids.

Some celeb named their child "Apple" recently.

I know a woman named Theone and another named Theon.

Oh and Tommy Chong named his daughter Rey Dawn (the spelling might be off). I always wondered if he was high at the time. Confused

I was asked to give names to my sister's kids. They liked "Denice", but for some reason vetoed "Denephew". Shocked

I'll only be here a couple more hours... Laughing

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
music man
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Benson and hedges =acceptable, Fish and Chips= unacceptable. How does that work??

Brooklyn, OK, Chelsea, OK, Number 16 Bus Shelter, OK .Huh?????

Switzerland x2 Netherlands x2 Filipino flag United States x104 United Kingdom x213 Portugal x4 Spain x20 Belgium x4 Canada Hong Kong Italy x2 x1 France x2 Russia x2 Luxembourg Australia x2 Sweden x2 Czech Republic x2 Mortar x13

You will rot in jail.watch your back- any shadow could be mine ! YOU ARE VERY EASY TO TRACK IN YOU NEIGHBOURHOOD ! DRUNKARD AND A SCUMBAG LIKE YOU!
mike lawrence (cheque scammer)

Go fuck your dead parents asshole!!!How can a deaf fool make clean money..The money that you have will never be spent on anything reasonable.
So fuck off..dont reply me again until the cops get your stinking ass...
Lyord Melson- cheque scammer
$4.002million and £214K in fake cheques taken out of circulation. (updated May 2009)
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.notwithoutmyhandbag.com/babynames/index.html

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic