SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Today's Lovely Storm

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It happens every time! I love storms, and for nearly 10 years I chased them as much as I could. A few years back I gave it up, mainly because I had never once seen a funnel touch the ground. Then today, while I'm happily working at my office, the sky goes black-green, and THIS happens. The action was not 50 feet from my office: trees and power lines coming down, cars getting squashed (nobody seriously hurt), debris flying around, hail, and near-zero visibility. The main street in the little town I work in was shut for hours while crews cleaned up and restored power.

It's like Mother Nature is mocking me! Of course, it wasn't a tornado unless a government official says it was, but the damage was far too localized for it to be anything else. (I think Environment Canada issues a fine for having an unauthorized tornado or something.) Anybody else get some good storm action today / yesterday?
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 7:03 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We got a good rain this evening and lots of wind, but no falling trees.

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
Bruce Banner
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:11 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It wasn't GOOD storm action. It looked like it was going to be nasty when it was rolling in, it was fast moving, dark, menacing... lots of lightning. Then it hit us... and decided it was just going to drop a fair amount of rain and really wuss out on the lightning, thunder and wind.

I want another active thunderstorm. I like to watch the lightning.
The Blackwood Con
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 8:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Over the last few weeks there have been some pretty decent thunderstorms here. There was one where the lighting was just coming down everywhere. There were at least 2 per minute. It was stunning to watch, it's just that there was one little teensy weensy problem: I'm kind of terrified of thunderstorms. Sad

thanks for making a fool of me ok,you are just talking nonsense.man to hell with you if you keep fooling me all the time."
maybe i will come and lick your shoes just because you want to buy diamonds from me.
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The weekends weather here, and a forecast for the rest of the week, throw in a few low impact earthquakes, around 4 - 5 scale, plus a volcano showing burping symptoms, and it's just a typical winters week here

http://blogs.nzherald.co.nz/blog/weather-watch/2008/7/21/north-island-records-25000-lightning-strikes/?c_id=104

And it's thunder, lightning and hail outside at the moment with 45km winds meant to rise to 70km over night

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
TemporalDistortion
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I loved thunderstorms as a kid but in my part of the UK we just don't get them like we used to do. We must get the most boring weather in the world here, mild with drizzle all year round, bloody global warmings passed us by here I can tell ya Rolling Eyes I'm off to release my stock of 1980's CFC laden hairspray, you might wanna cover your eyes !

The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There is a thunderstorm happening here right now. It's nice after the very hot weather. I like the sound of thunder. Very Happy

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
Inspector Gadget
Angel of unrealistic meetings

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^ you're not supposed to be using electrical stuff in a storm!
You could get zapped, that'll really make your eye sparkle Shocked

I've got a video from last year's holiday of a good storm in Germany. There was a big flash of lightning from sky to ground right behind the castle.....just after I switched off the video camera..... Crying or Very sad

Pith Helmet Halil, Cotonou to Accra
Pith Helmet + Sand Timer Precious 10/08/11
Cellphone x8 Nigeria Spain Mortar x34 Closed lad accounts x 73 Goat
grown up man like him, still doing all this shit games - Stanley, (he doesn't like Parcel Direct)
You again do the strange reflections stuffed with drugs? - Natalia
Sand Timer x3 Hector 24/1/13 Sand Timer Moses 15th Oct 2011
Pretty Rose Sand Timer x 2Mick Ole 11th Sept 2014-16 Sand Timer Asare Akuffo start 4th Aug 2014
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

My cat Titania (yes, my user ID is in fond memory) loved lightning. She would sit in the window and watch for as long as she could. We lived in Ft. Lauderdale when Andrew came through, and she did not want to stop watching the lightning and the transformers exploding - lots of pretty colored flashes. She objected strongly when I pulled her off the windowsill to take her into the bathroom (the safest spot in the apartment).

I grew up in mid-Michigan, and we had a few black-green days. I remember sitting in our basement recreation room and hearing a tornado go overhead - they really do sound like a freight train. That tornado went to the other side of town, picked up a gas station, and set it down in the middle of the street - practically in one piece.

Now I live in southern California, and the weather is a little less - interesting. Fires, yes. Earthquakes, yes. But for the most part (barring a few spectacular downpours and mudslides) predictable and stable.
Scarlett
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We're having a really spectacular storm here as I type.
It's pouring rain, with lots of thunder and lightening.

Of course I'm rather afraid of lightening. Sad
I've had to get used to the storms, it's a part of summer here.

When I was a child -I listened to the adults discuss people they knew who had been struck and killed by lightening.
I would hide under my bed in terror that I would be struck. Embarassed The only reason I quit going under the bed is I no longer fit underneath. Smile
Bruce Banner
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We just had rain again. Light rain. No storm. This recent rain trend has made tending my plants much easier, I rarely have to go water them. Too bad ants decided to injure most of my pepper plants... stupid ants.

Be honest: Who else uses their computer when it's storming like mad? I've always done it.
The Blackwood Con
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 1:56 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I never am not on my computer. So yea... Luckily I have two surge protectors and a batter backup keeping my stuff alive just in case the power goes out here, which it never does. Yay for technology!

But if the power did go out I would be sad. I'm kind of technologically dependent. I feel naked without a the internet staring back at me.

We haven't had a storm here in a while despite them being forcasted. I must admit that's quite strange.

ETA @ 11:10 PM:

I find it ironic that a thunderstorm is passing nearby right now.

thanks for making a fool of me ok,you are just talking nonsense.man to hell with you if you keep fooling me all the time."
maybe i will come and lick your shoes just because you want to buy diamonds from me.
Lester
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Having a good one right now - Cant even see the mountains it got so dark and its only 4:32pm!

Though I really do like T-storms!

$3,838,681.54 of fake checks taken off the street
Mortar x13 Tattoo x4 Sand Timer 4y 3m
_____
"Just open up and tell me the truth and stop tricking your dick." - Mr.Kofi Yousaof

"I'm a Muslim, Ok I'm a Christian, Mother F---. Get the F---- off my phone N-----, don't call me anymore." - A lad on the phone with "Homeland Security".
The Blackwood Con
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Lightning. Less than 30 feet from my open window. NOT COOL. I don't think I have ever closed a window that fast in my.

Today seems like a particularly nasty day for storms. The entire Atlantic/Gulf coasts are simply getting throttled.

midnitedriver
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i love thunder storms too. im in rogers arkansas today, and going to laredo,tx for friday morning. so i should get to see some of the leftovers from the big one that went ashore today.

"Actully my marriage is arranged by my parents,And my wife is my cousin.She is completely illetrate"
doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

H'm,looking at radar,it looks like 2 lines of storms are getting ready to colide somewhere around here.Looking forward to it.I remember my dad sitting in the garage on a lawn chair watching storms.Guess I got it from him.

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

[The following post is not suitable for those who fear lightning.]

When I lived in Sioux Falls, SD, we had some wonderful thunderstorms. One night, three cells met right over the city. Hardly did one flash of lightning finish before another one lit the sky. The trees didn't know which way to bend because the wind was coming from everywhere. Very fascinating to watch. I loved it.

When we were teens, my brother had a summer job placing and removing sprinkler heads on a golf course - a night job, obviously. One night, as he was on the picking-up route, a thunderstorm came up suddenly from Lake Michigan. In no time he was drenched to the skin, and he could barely see where he was going. As he approached one of the sprinkler heads, he thought it would be better to just find his way to one of the roads that bordered the golf course. Then, the Protestant work ethic kicked in and made him turn back toward the sprinkler head. At that instant, a bolt of lightning hit the sprinkler head. He was deafened for a moment by the huge CRACK of thunder. Then he turned around and RAN in as straight a line as he could. If he had not hesitated, his hand would have been on that sprinkler head at that moment.

It didn't deter him from doing his job in the future, though, and his boss understood why that night's task was not completed.
Obi-Wan Knievel
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, about a day and a half after my office-town was hit, another storm came right into my back yard. Marble-sized hail, light debris and a bit of a lightning dance. Then my brand-new inflatable pool flew out of the back yard, over a fence, and across the street and got a hole torn in it. My boys really loved that pool, dammit.

Still cool though. Very Happy
The Blackwood Con
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ That's why you should have bought an in ground swimming pool. It's much more difficult for them to fly away.

doc holliday
Squirrels Hate Me

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:17 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If your inground pool does fly away,now that is an impressive storm!

You have given me enough stress through the shit you sent to me
Jack the hitlad

What you sent to me is not real, don't you fucking understand simple english, that is not real slip from money gram, I have been using money gram before now, FUCK YOU. IDIOT. PLAY YOUR GAME WELL. MASTER OF ALL PLAYERS
Jack,the hitlad who keeps giving me fresh sig lines

Closed lad accounts x35 x2 Easter Egg 2012
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic