SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Help guys I'm cold and I'm scared

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
black mamba
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I was reading Craigslist the other day and replied to an ad about a customer service job for an international company looking to expand to the U.S. I got an e-mail from them.

Quote:
EverGreen HealthCare And Clothing Industry is a Switzerland Textile Company. We produce and distribute clothing materials such as batiks, assorted fabrics and traditional costume worldwide. We have reached big sales volume of textile materials in the Europe and now we are trying to penetrate the US and Canada and africa market. Quite soon we will open representative offices or authorized sales centers in the US and therefore we are currently looking for people who will assist us in establishing a new distribution network there. The fact is that despite the US and Canada market is new for us we already have regular clients also speaks for itself.

WHAT YOU NEED TO DO FOR US?

The international money transfer tax for legal entities (companies) in Switzerland is 25%, whereas for the individual it is only 7%.There is no sense for us to work this way, while tax for international money transfer made by a private individual is 7% .That's why we need you! We need agents or representatives to receive payment for our textiles( in money orders, check or bank wire transfers) and to resend the money to us via Money Gram or Western Union Money Transfer. This way we will save money because of tax decreasing.

JOB DESCRIPTION?

1. Receive payment from Clients
2. Cash Payments at your Bank
3. Deduct 10% which will be your percentage/pay on Payment processed.
4. Forward balance after deduction of percentage/pay to any of the offices you will be contacted to send payment to(Payment is to forwarded either by Money Gram or Western Union Money Transfer).

HOW MUCH WILL YOU EARN?

10% from each operation! For instance: you receive 7000 USD via checks or money orders on our behalf. You will cash the money and keep $700 (10% from $7000) for yourself! At the beginning your commission will equal 10%, though later it will increase up to 12%!

ADVANTAGES

You do not have to go out as you will work as an independent contractor right from your home office. Your job is absolutely legal. You can earn up to $3000-4000 monthly depending on time you will spend for this job. You do not need any capital to start. You can do the Work easily without leaving or affecting your present Job. The employees who make efforts and work hard have a strong possibility to become managers. Anyway our employees never leave us due to our excellent work condition.

MAIN REQUIREMENTS

Under the age of 80,legally capable and responsible,ready to work 3-4 hours per week. with PC knowledge,e-mail and internet experience (minimal) And please know that Everything is absolutely legal, that's why You have to fill a contract! If you are interested in our offer, please respond with the following details for us to reach you.
NOTICE :
We will never ask you for anything more then that, no bank account number, routing number, credit card, passwords, SSN # etc. If anyone asks for those on our behalf, please do not give out this info. This is to ensure your security and non-involvement in cases of identity theft. If anyone ask you for any of those info in our notice please kindly report to your nearest local or federal authorities.

* Full Names_______________
* Address__________________
* City_____________________
* State____________________
* Postal Code_______________
* Phone___________________
* Email___________________
* Bank Name___________________
* Age_____________________
* Present Occupation_______________
* Marital Status_____________
* Sex_____________________
Thanks for your anticipated action. And we hope to hear back from you.
Warmest Regards,
EverGreen HealthCare And Clothing Industry
Centre Williams Rappard,
154 Rue De Lausane,
CH-1211 Geneva.

Switzerland.

We will be expecting to hear from you as your utmost consent will be awaited for.

Thanks and best regards.
FRANK JOHN.
C.E.O

I didn't think too much of it because they weren't asking for my social security number or anything. Just generic information like my name and address and stuff. So I sent them the information requested in the e-mail. I got an e-mail back from them asking me to reply back telling them how long it would take me to cash it. I thought this was way too good to be true so I decided to ask some people and found out it was indeed a scam. So I decided to ignore the e-mail thinking they wouldn't send me anything if I didn't reply with confirmation. Well it turns out they decided to overnight mail me a check for $4000. What should I do? I was told they can steal me identity with the simple information I gave them.
juju4u
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi welcome to eater. I am not the best to answer your questions, but somebody will be along shortly, I'm sure... You may have to wait until morning for traffic to pick up on the site.

you have disappointed me for GODS sake ok // YOU SEND MONEY TO A FRAUDSTER AND SWINDLER STOP DEALING WITH THOSE IMPOSTERS AGAIN YOU ARE WARNED // if I finally find out that you did not send any money john I will send the FBI after you max, because I don't play dirty games ok - Captain Morgan
i cant stress my self any more.I now have a back pain cos of this // western union puzzle // rather stressfull as i spent the whole weekend trying to unravel it - M T C N s3cure

Safari 2,633 miles: Peterson/Gomer/fbi/Tina Mike/MrMicheal: Lagos.Doula.Yaounde.Limbe.Mundemba.ChimpCamp.[SSC Cameroon].(2weeks Jail).Baffousam(across Nigeria).Cotonou.Parakou.[SSC Benin] C/B Master & 5imba et al "i am coming to safari my self" "he is at chimpazine camp" "go pick him at the police station"
redshoes17
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I didn't think too much of it because they weren't asking for my social security number or anything. Just generic information like my name and address and stuff. So I sent them the information requested in the e-mail. I got an e-mail back from them asking me to reply back telling them how long it would take me to cash it. I thought this was way too good to be true so I decided to ask some people and found out it was indeed a scam. So I decided to ignore the e-mail thinking they wouldn't send me anything if I didn't reply with confirmation. Well it turns out they decided to overnight mail me a check for $4000. What should I do? I was told they can steal me identity with the simple information I gave them.

Mark the check fake. Do not try to cash it. Cease all communication with them. Good job for you recognizing it as a scam.

Safari Dan Benin City to Lagos
Safari ARK Tamale to Kumasi
star Hello Kitty! Mortar x41
I don't need you alone for sex. w1l13

i was ashamed this money money was not in the system when we got there to cash it,it made me and my family lawyer look like little children Godwin

'because no one want your progress not every one want your goat to give birth to twins as the man who see tomorrow told me when i visit him in the shrine Godwin

i was rubbed by rubber last friday, they collectted all my money and my phones.
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi black mamba, welcome to Eater!

I'm so glad that you found out this is a scam in time.

Regarding what to do: Stop all contact with the scammers. Write fake on the check and then you can either turn it over to the police, or just discard it. (or save it as a souvenier).

Regarding your personal information, if all that you gave them is what is asked in that email, you are probably fine. Obviously, watch for any suspicious transactions/accounts, etc. But most of that information about you is probably readily found online anyway.

Please also visit our sister site, www.ScamWarners.com and post this information there. Making it searchable might help save someone else from becoming a victim. Very Happy

Edit: Here's a link to the information at Scamwarners regarding check/representative scams: http://www.scamwarners.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=22&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011

Last edited by Ima Baeder on Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:28 am; edited 1 time in total
thomas-the-tank
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:08 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Drop them immediately. Do nothing with the check if it arrives (it will be bad, and if you deposit it in your bank, you and not the scumbag will be responsible).

Once again, have nothing more to do with them. On the question of ID theft, they have your name and address, which they could have got from a phone book, anyway.

Other wiser baiters may have other things to add.

"I have come to learn the world is pregnant."
"Besides i am on a GLOBAL ASSIGNMENT WITH THE UN, so be reasonable and leave insults"
"suck your blood untill you resemble stockfish"

United Kingdom x 3 x 2 Ivory Coast Australia x 2 Benin
Safari Wole A x 4!! :
pony pony pony pony Goat <= don't ask about the goat! Inventor
black mamba
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks guys. I read the thread with the Tired old crap and it kind of makes me want to try this baiting stuff on this guy but I am a little weary because he still has my address. The world is full of crazy people and who knows he might send someone to dead me.
redshoes17
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, you are surely welcome to join this sport. Just chose a different scammer and do not bait with your personal information.

Edit to add helpful link

http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738

You can read more there before you make any decisions.

Welcome.

Safari Dan Benin City to Lagos
Safari ARK Tamale to Kumasi
star Hello Kitty! Mortar x41
I don't need you alone for sex. w1l13

i was ashamed this money money was not in the system when we got there to cash it,it made me and my family lawyer look like little children Godwin

'because no one want your progress not every one want your goat to give birth to twins as the man who see tomorrow told me when i visit him in the shrine Godwin

i was rubbed by rubber last friday, they collectted all my money and my phones.
Mana-chan
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Give me his e-mail and maybe I'll try out an ASEM bait or something.

"I most inform you that your correspondence are well received, hence I must also warn you that your question is becoming very frustrating and it make's me sick because you are taken this to be a child's play"
luckey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

black mamba wrote:
Thanks guys. I read the thread with the Tired old crap and it kind of makes me want to try this baiting stuff on this guy but I am a little weary because he still has my address. The world is full of crazy people and who knows he might send someone to dead me.

Get yourself a gmail account that contains no personal information and bait away. Send an email with something simple like "I'm looking forward to getting started, when can I expect my first check."

Check scammers like these tend send out huge numbers of emails at a time, and they often have no idea who they are talking to, so there's a good chance you'll get a reply. If not, plenty of other lads in the sea.

Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sadly, this is why I no longer look for work on Craigslist. I couldn't find anything that wasn't a scam.

And I offered my services, as a virtual assistant, and ended up being inundated with spam. Still getting 10-20 spams a day.
black mamba
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:52 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The check was sent from an address in Washington.
Ima Baeder
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:57 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The person in Washington was probably an unwitting accomplice. They are called "Money Mules". They probably thought they had a work from home job.

Star Mugu Reseller Mortar Closed lad accounts x 100 Sand Timer 2 Years Pretty Rose Mc Fry Mc Fry Nurse Nastys Audi TT Goat Flying Monkey Easter Egg 2011
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There are plenty of home-grown scammers in the US Crying or Very sad As others have said, if they only have your name and address (easily available on the internet anyway) then you probably have nothing to worry about. Just cease all contact and they will quickly get bored and move on to someone else unfortunately.

If you like the idea of baiting then read all the Stickies here which contain useful and important information about safe baiting, set up a new gmail addy for your baiting 'character' (do not use the same ID as here) and if you don't want to have a crack at 'your' scammer, there are plenty more to choose from in our Surplis Letters forum. Take your pick!

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic