SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

New scammer-infested site: 4ppl.com

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Vir
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The title pretty much says it all. There's hundreds of scammers at 4ppl.com, which is a dating site from the looks of it. I've personally used dating72.com to get a large number of love lads, but their population there has hit critical mass and i think they're just all trying to scam each other now. Anyway, there's definitely a lot of scammers there, and the site hasn't been mentioned on eater yet AFAIK. Look for the ones that have yahoo addresses in their profiles and model-looking pictures.
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice find Vir and it's free! Very Happy

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Vir
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yeah, you don't even need an account to look at profiles, so you can just find all the ones that list their contact info there. The only thing is, you have to sort the lads from the cam girls, who just want you to sign up for a webcam site with a generous affiliate program. They're scammers too, but of a significantly less malevolent sort. I just ask straight up "are you going to try to get me to pay for a webcam site?" The cam girls usually fess up right away, whereas the lads don't know what i'm talking about. And then if it is a lad, I act so relieved that "she" isn't just another cam girl. Wink
Wright B Hindyou
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice find, vir.

Even most of the sign-ups are complaining its 99% scam-infested.

Funny how all the African-based ladies look like Venezuelan beauty queens and all the Filipinas are non-smoking non-drinking uni graduates..... Laughing

"bastard like you, I will kill you with my hand, son of nobody. May your soul rust in help." - Titi Andrew

"I trusted you very much without knowing that you are a drug addit person" - Emma Bambara

"THIS YOUR BEHAVIOR IS IRELEVANT AND CROSPOLOS CARACTER" - Madam Clarrise Keita.

"you must speak beter because we dont train mad people in this company." - Incredible Self-Baiting Pastor Joe
Countess Bathory
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks vir,Ive only been on about 1 minute got message of a lad already Laughing
Dougie
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hahahahahaa!! Scammers scamming each other... hahahaha! Laughing
Scarlett
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:37 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm new, and this is my first post. I've been reading a lot here, and want to help.

I just signed up at 4ppl.com and already found one online that sent me his yahoo ID.

This will be my first attempt, so wish me luck.
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 2:09 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Scarlett. Bait safe! I'm sure you've read all the warnings about not using ANY personal information that could identify you in RL. The romancers need more baiters! We're happy to have you on board. Let us know how you fare.

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome Scarlett and good luck with the bait. Very Happy

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good luck Scarlet, it wont take you long to learn how to cause them some real damage.

I take it you have already looked through the information at the top of the romance section, it's a great resource for all of those questions you will have in your first few baits.

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
up_and_under
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
i think they're just all trying to scam each other now

Isn't it terrific! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I might get myself a profile over there and see what happens. If it is anything like MBN or the Anthea Club I'll have heaps of new ones to play with. Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

Mugu Reseller Russia x lost count Ukraine x too many Senegal x 2

When your finished playing with them, make sure you post all the info on a public website

http://www.romancescam.com/forum/index.php for all romance scams
Ms. Ding L. Berry
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Maybe 419 eater should set up their own dating site. Cause obviously some us should be really dating instead of wasting our time doing this. LOL.
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

What do you mean? This is more fun than any dates I've had lately? Besides, most RL date seekers don't get this. We're an odd lot.

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Maybe 419 eater should set up their own dating site.

Roughly half of us are married and have no use for a dating site.

Oh and yes, we are a weird lot Laughing

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:36 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I rather thought DLBs suggestion was for the Eater to set up a site that is under our control. Members could bait the obvious scammers and educate the Great Unwarned Public.
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:52 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

There are sites like that already, not officially sponsored by Eater, just Eater members. Anyway, there are a gazillion dating sites out there already.

pony

Vir
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OldBaglady wrote:
There are sites like that already, not officially sponsored by Eater, just Eater members. Anyway, there are a gazillion dating sites out there already.

Ain't that the truth? I had a noob scammer a while ago that I talked to, and I pretended to be another scammer from South Africa. He told me all the dating sites he was trying to sign up for, and it was a long list. My favorite was this one. Razz

As far as scam baiters meeting other scam baiters - I'm bewildered by the fact that other people don't think messing with scammers is as cool as I think it is. All of my siblings think it's awesome, but my brother's girlfriend thinks it's morally wrong. I can hit her with any argument I want, but she usually just responds with "I don't want to argue with you anymore."

Safari Willy - Accra to Abuja
daTrix
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you brother's girlfriend was played by one of these lying sacks of crap, I'm sure she'd change her mind. Its great to be holier than thou when you haven't been there. What does she think is the right thing to do?

ALSO no one says you have to be dishonest forever. You always have the option of telling your pet when you have tired of the whining "guess what, I am as real as you are. No go crawl under a rock."
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:19 am Reply with quoteBack to top

There are a few posts at scamwarners that have been provided by victims or family members of victims showing their accounts of scams, directing your lad hugging potential future sister in law to some of those may change her mind.

There have been many "ethics debates" here, every one will make you hate scammers even more, there are countless stories of hardship and suffering caused by scammers, it is unfortunate that many people only see the poor unfortunate African / Russian / other man who is just trying to scratch a simple living for his family.

Mods, Can we have another ethics debate, I promise to debate nicely Twisted Evil

up_and_under
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
Oh and yes, we are a weird lot

Now you have tarred everyone with the same brush - Haven't you Murry?

Wink Wink Wink

Mugu Reseller Russia x lost count Ukraine x too many Senegal x 2

When your finished playing with them, make sure you post all the info on a public website

http://www.romancescam.com/forum/index.php for all romance scams
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yep Laughing

Any person who trawls dating sites looking for scammers must be at least a little weird. Wink

Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Vir, have you pointed your brother's gf to sites like scamwarners and romancescam? Listening to Dan's radio show the past couple of weeks would also show her how insidious scammers can be and how otherwise intelligent people can be taken in and taken for an expensive ride.

Seeing a person who only wants to help someone put into a position of losing thousands of dollars (or pounds, or whatever), along with the heartbreak that follows - that is reason enough to give the lads a drubbing.
Afterthefactica
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:33 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks for this! I have a character who is perfect for this site, she's signed up now with a vaguely naughty-sounding handle and is Looking for Love. LOL...

TemporalDistortion
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Murry Guru wrote:
Yep Laughing

Any person who trawls dating sites looking for scammers must be at least a little weird. Wink

Scammers ? I'm genuinely looking for a russian model who will accept my marriage proposal after only 3 email interchanges, someone who just cannot find a decent bloke in the RW who doesn't drunkenly abuse her like all her ex's. I have very high standards Wink

Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

daTrix wrote:
If you brother's girlfriend was played by one of these lying sacks of crap, I'm sure she'd change her mind. Its great to be holier than thou when you haven't been there. What does she think is the right thing to do?

Her argument is more along the lines of "the ends don't justify the means and you're scamming them so you're just as bad as they are." Like I said, it's a pretty piss-poor argument, but after trying to argue my many valid objections with her she usually just stops arguing. Some time in the future I'm going to point her to one of the ethics threads and try and get her to read at least the beginning.

Actually, starting a fake dating site (complete with extra-long compatibility quiz!) and passing it on to our scammers would be hilarious. Something like lovelad.net. Of course, they would get plenty of rich magas PMing them over yahoo, and forward the link to their friends. It's really easy to pretend to be a scammer and pass information on. Very Happy

Safari Willy - Accra to Abuja
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic