SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

House purchaser gets caught in customs-needs $$$$ scam!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Super Girl 3
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:02 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

After putting my house up for sale on a few platforms for private sellers I was soon contacted by my first scammer. Luckily these platforms informed us of the scammers and told of the tricks these scammers like to use. I was prepared and started into my first baiting without having a plan or knowing how to do it.

I have to start my story after we had been mailing short notes on the house and he decided to buy and is coming to sign the papers and move his famly into the house.

Super Girl wrote:

You can plan yor trip to Austria any time. I will be here when you tell me you are coming. The payment has to be a money transfer from your account to my lawyers account who will keep the money in escrow till it is checked. This must be done to make sure the money is not being laundered. Once the money is cleared then the papers can be signed and you and your family can move into my house. I cannot send you ownership documents for 2 reasons. First they are in German and second it is a bad idea to send such important papers to anyone. I can assure you we own our house and the documents are in order.

To: Super Girl
Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 10:26 AM
Subject: Re: Trip to Austria

heello there,

thanks for your mail.if you have decided the payment method to be back to bank that is ok by me right.i will immediately ask my bank manager to transfer my money there so taht when i come over we shall do the transaction ok.i will be coming over by friday that is this weekend so i wish you could just do me a favor and book us a motel and if possible a car that will pick us at the airport so that when i arrive i will pay for all that ok.don't be afraid just do that and please know you will help us pick us up at the air port

regards from my family

Thought it was funny he didn't press the papers issue. Maybe because they would be in German.

Super Girl wrote:

If you know what airport you are flying into you can get a rental car right at the airport without booking one in advance. I cannot send you a car as don't knw how to do such a thing. In our town there is a small hotel that always has a room free so you don't need to book this either.

He must have thought i'd book him something. Silly him.

Sent: Thursday, June 19, 2008 5:38 PM

nice to read from you ok.i will like you help me wiyh the nearest airport to your location so taht i can book our flight ok.immediately you do that i will send you my flight details.no problem on the car issue ok.just give me your number so that when i arrive i will call you to pick up us at the airport.
my regards

He doesn't know he's dealing with a potential baiter does he? I will give him my cell phone number to reassure him.

Super Girl wrote:

The nearest airport is Klagenfurt. We are only a 15 minute drive from there. My number in Austria is XXXXXXXXXX.

I will then come and pick you up.

Sent: Monday, June 23, 2008 5:35 PM
Subject: Trip to Austria

hi Sir,

i am sorry for reaching late ok.the problem is that i thought i will be through with the seminar we had and be able to reach you as i thought but unfortunately we did not go through so i did not have time to send you a mail to inform ok.but we are through and i am sure to be coming over there by wednesday since i have done the necassary bank to bank transfer of my money over there.send you are flight details soonest ok but just get back to me if ok
my regards

To: "Bryant Paul" <[email protected]>
Date: Monday, June 23, 2008, 4:06 PM

No problem, tell me whan you are coming.

At this point he send some actual flight information for me to check out. He even includes prices! He is spending thousands to get his family to Austria!

Sent: Thursday, June 26, 2008 11:50 AM
Subject: Trip to Austria

hi there i just wish to inform you that i and my family have arrive Kenya safe ok.we shall be taking of very soon just that we shall pass through Brussels before reaching you due to the flight Programing ok.so please could you just get back to me to confirm you saw the flight details i sent to you and that you are waiting for us to pick us up at the airport so that i will be ok.please you know i am coming for that house and nothing else so just help us get back to me immediately ok
our regards

To: [email protected]
Date: Friday, June 27, 2008, 3:39 PM

Let us know when you will be arriving in Klagenfurt so we can send our driver to pick you up.

He feels we have taken the bait. Little does he know i'm waiting for his bad news.

Sent: Saturday, June 28, 2008 8:21 PM

please i and my family are in Belgium now and will properly be reaching you on Sunday ok.just get back to us.i had doubted what happened that you were not responding to my mails.i will give you my flight details when we are about to leave Belgium ok.just get back to me if the house is still there for us
my regard

I didn't get back to him as we actually had some bad weather and internet service was interupted.

Subject: Arrival in Austria
Date: Saturday, June 28, 2008, 7:14 PM

Sorry about the delay. We had a bad storm here last night and there wasn't any internet service for over 18 hours.

Yes the house is still for sale. Let us know when you will arrive.

Then to keep up the scam he sends us details of his flights to Klagenfurt. They too checked out. But I don't think we will be able to meet him at the airport.

Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2008 2:09 PM
Subject: Re: Arrival in Austria

thanks for your mail ok.we shall be reaching you today.have our flight details to know exactly the time to pick us up ok.please do get back to me if ok.do that immediately cuz i need to know rather than coming there and be frustrated ok.before we take off i will forward you a mail
my regards

Flight Information – Sun 29 Jun 2008
Austrian Airlines
Flight 354 Departs: 5:15p
National (BRU) Arrives: 7:05p
Vienna Inter­national (VIE)
Biz | Fare code: DR1OS9 | 100 (Narrow-body Jet) | 1h 50m | 573 miles | 4 seats remain
[ Layover in Vienna, Austria (VIE) for 1h 40m ]
Austrian Airlines
Flight 929 Departs: 8:45p
Vienna Inter­national (VIE) Arrives: 9:35p
Klagenfurt (KLU)
Biz | Fare code: DR1OS9 | DH4 (Turbo-prop Plane) | 0h 50m | 144 miles | 4 seats remain
Airfare Taxes & Fees Cost per Ticket Total Cost
Austrian Airlines

To further the scam he sends a scanned copy of his passport. But the names don't match. Now he is a Gabreil Ernesto Arevalo Luna from Columbia. Are we suppose to ignore this? I think not!

Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2008 6:11 PM
Subject: have my passport for identifaction at the airport ok

attach to my file is my passport .i send it to help the person coming to pick up us at airport to use it for easy identification ok.please get back to me if you have seen my mails ok
my regards

Date: Sunday, June 29, 2008, 4:51 PM

Hello,

I received your email with the passport photo and a car will be at the Klagenfurt Airport to pick you up. We are confused though. Who are we suppose to be picking up? A Mr. Luna Arevalo or Paul Bryant?

He blows this off with a couple of words and then drops a hint at potential trouble. Just what i've been waiting for!

Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2008 7:34 PM

sorry for such a misunderstanding ok.you are going to pick but Mr.Arevalo Luna Gabriel ok.i am sorry if you have known me as Bryant.
sorry to inform you that i just have a little problem at the emigration office here in Brussels concerning my luggages and some African antiques i was carrying for the house.but immediately i resolve the problem we shall be taking the next flight cuz i and my family just missed our flight cuz of the problem but i will do get back to you through a call when i must have resolve the problem ok.just get back to me asap

my regards while waiting to read from you

Now he drops the bad news. It is just as the other forums said it would be!

Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2008 9:02 PM
Subject: stuck up on transit

hi sir,
i am very sorry to bother you but then i and my family need your help.the issue is this we are having a problem at the emigration office here in Brussels as i earlier informed you.i was carrying some African antiques for the house which was i never notify it was to be registered and stamp before i leave Cameroon.all the while i have been having similar problems right in Kenya as we pass through Kenya but i struggle to resolve it out by paying some money.however due to the emigration and custom checks here in Brussels we have been asked to pay the sum of 6000euro before we can take off.due to the fact that i have lost alot of money regarding this issue and cuz i can not allow it here due to my money lost my money paid before in Kenya i have struggle to raise the sum of 5000eoru and a balance of 1000euro is still left.sir with due respect i plea with you to help me and my family pay the rest of this money so that we get out of this mess.giving your money to me does mot mean you are doing it out of free will donation but you are lending your money ok cuz immediately we arrive we shall go to the bank and i withdraw your money and give you back before any transaction takes place between us ok.all this is happening cuz of the fact that i transfer my money over there to an irrevocable account not untill i get there regarding our arrangement that the method of payment was going to be bank to bank transfer of fund,so i could not travel with huge money on me.i had to transfer my money over to you for easier payment.
with regarding this situation please kindly help ue out in GOD'S NAME.immediately we arrive i am going to pay you back i repeat before we carry out the house transaction ok

please i hope to read from you asap as you get my mail

To convince me of his sincerity he has the Brussels Immigration department mail me how to help him out by sending money to the Camaroon Emigration office. I guess mails from such places do impress some people but not in this pathetic English!

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2008 10:31 PM
Subject: STUCK ON TRANSIT HERE IN BRUSSELS

THIS IS BRUSSELS AIRPORT BELGIUM.WE HAVE A CUSTOMER HERE AT OUR AIRPORT CALLED MR AREVALO LUNA GABRIELAND FAMILY DESTINED TO AUSTRIAL .AS A RESULT OF NOT HAVING THEIR VISAS MICRO SHIP AND INSURED REGARDING THE PURCHASE OF SOME ANTIQUES,THEY ARE STUCK UP HERE IN BELGIUM.WE ARE BY THIS TASK ASSIGNED FROM CAMEROON TO STAMP THEIR VISAS ONLY WHEN WE HAVE RECEIVED A CONFIRMATION MAIL FROM CAMEROON THAT MR AREVALO LUNA GABRIEL HAS PAID MONEY FOR ALL THIS.WE HAVE ALREADY AS FOR NOW,RECEIVED A CONFIRMATION MAIL THAT HE HAS DEPOSITED 5000EUROS TO CAMEROON EMIGRATION OFFICE.HE WAS CHARGED 6000EUROS BUT HE COULD ONLY COME OUT WITH5000EUROS.BY THIS MAIL,YOU ARE ASK TO MAKE THE REMAINING PAYMENT BACK TO THE CAMEROON EMIGRATION OFFICE SINCE HE MADE US TO UNDERSTAND THAT YOU ARE HIS LAST RESORT.AS SOON AS WE RECEIVED THE LAST CONFIRMATION LETTER FROM CAMEROON THAT THEY GOT THE 1000EUROS,THEIR VISAS WILL IMMEDIATELY BE MICRO SHIP AND STAMP FOR THEIR FLIGHT TO BE CONTINUED.PLEASE YOU WILL HAVE TO MAKE THE PAYMENT TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS...YOU JUST HAVE TO HELP THEM MAKE THE PAYMENT BACK TO CAMEROON AS WE HAVE ALREADY RECEIVED THE MONEY FROM CAMEROON EMIGRATION ON GROUNDS THAT AS SOON AS MR AREVALO LUNA GABRIEL COMPLETES IT HERE WHILE STILL IN BELGIUM,THEY WILL GET THEIR VISA STAMP AND THEY WILL HIT THE WAY AT ONCE. INSTRUCTIONS FROM CAMEROON SHOWS THAT YOU WILL HAVE TO MAKE THE PAYMENT VIA WESTERN UNION OR MONEYGRAM TRANSFER AS THEY NEED THE MONEY CASH ON GROUNDS THAT THEY NEED A RECEIPT SO THAT WHEN ANY NEED ARISES,THE RECEIPT WILL SERVE ITS PURPOSE.YOU CAN CONTACT THEM VIA [email protected] or call them at 011237 74221952.NOTE THAT YOU HAVE TO MAKE THE PAYMENT FOR THE REMAINING 1000EUROS TO THE BELOW ADDRESS BACK TO CAMEROON.
CASHIER CAMEROON EMIGRATION OFFICE.......
.MAKE THE PAYMENT TO THE FOLLOWING ADDRESS TO CAMEROON.
CAMEROON EMIGRATION OFFICE.......
DOUALA INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT......
ZIP CODE..00237..................................
NAME.......OZARAEBUKA SANDRINE ASONG...
STATION MANAGER.............MR TABE AYUG

AS SOON AS YOU ARE DONE WITH THE PAYMENT,GET BACK TO US WITH THE DETAILS SO THAT WE CAN FORWARD IT TO CAMEROON.YOU CAN AS WELL SEND THE DETAILS VIA THIS ADDRESS camemigrationdepartment@airportemail,mail,everyone.net or tel.0011237 74221952or 0023 759 27 823

EMIGRATION OFFICE,
BRUSSELS INTL AIRPORT,
BELGIUM.

Now he has to make sure I didn't miss the mail.

Sent: Sunday, June 29, 2008 10:38 PM
Subject: STUCK ON TRANSIT

hi there i have not heard from you so i don't know what is going on.is it that you have not seen my mail or what cuz i expected to have get back to me before now due to our condition.please i will really appreciate your kind reply.i just gave your contact email address to the airport to contact you about our situation at the emigration office here at the airport in Brussels

thanks while waiting

I decide to do nothing as I'm not sure what to do. Beginners problems in the baiting game.

Sent: Monday, June 30, 2008 10:43 AM
Subject: Arrival in Austria

hi i have not read from you since i forwarded you a mail.i don't know if you don't take me serious or what.we are in hell so please just write and say what ever thing you can say cuz we need your help ok.i wait to read from you

thanks

The storm gave me an idea. He won't want to buy a damaged house will he?

Date: Monday, June 30, 2008, 9:21 AM

Hello,

Sorry I didnt get back to you but we have been having such terrible storms lately and last night our house was struck by lightening! We had a fire and I am afraid I will not be able to help you as I am currently in need of help myself. I cannot help you out with the €1000 as I now have bigger problems with the insurance company. Today we have to sort out who will be paying for all the damages!

You will have to be patient.

Guess I was wrong. Not only does he want to help us out financially he wants to help us out morally too. What a good friend he is.

Sent: Monday, June 30, 2008 12:33 PM

hi there i am very sorry for such a damage ok.i really feel for you as we are already friends ok.i pray everything shoulb be find.is just that i am not there i would have assist you both morally,finacially to see that everything goes well.
but sir could you not lend money and help me pay this so that i get out of here and come over there so that we resolve the problem the two of us.i can come the pay and even withdraw money from my bank lend you the money and then we make arrangement how i will pay the house ok.all i want is to get out and then take the next flight and come over so that we resolve that issue together ok.just get back to me immediately ok
i am really sorry for that damage and i do feel for your lost of property ok

Now I am busy with the insurance company. I have problems of my own to deal with, not just his €1000.

Sent: Monday, June 30, 2008 1:20 PM

hi there i am still waiting to read from you.i hope i have sent you my passport and that is my whole life so just go make the payment ok and immegiately i get there i will also help you out cuz i know you need help also.please i and my family are in hell here.i am sure you asw the mail the emigration iffice here in Brussels forwarded to you.

waiting to read from you asap

He phones 3 times t tell us how concerned he is for our loss and as we are such good friends he will help us with all our troubles as soon as he gets here. We just have to help him with his little finacial hick up.

Sent: Monday, June 30, 2008 5:27 PM
Subject: how to make the payment

hi there i as i just said to you over thephone regarding our discusion i have contacted the emigration office here in brussels to mail you on how to make the payment ok.i promise you when i get there i will pay your money back and i equally promise to hyou resolve the problem ok.i will properly pay for some of your damages cuz we are already friends regarding that i am coming over to purchase your house.so i belirve i have to help you cuz i fell for you about the damages regarding that i am a christian and a God fearing man.i and my family are in hell here in Brussels international airport and my child is already complaining of illness so i beg you to react fast pay this money and we come over there and resolve the issue ok.just know the moment i get over the your problems are goping to be solved cuz i will help you do everything to see that you and you family are ok.plaease just send the money immediately back to cameroon so that we can take the flight,come over and resolve the issue of that damage togethe ok.just help us cuz the hell here with us is beyound bearable.just stay by your pc and the airport will give you the details of how to make the payment ok.i wait to read from you immediately you make the payment.
i repeat to help you out settle your damages immediately you pay the money and i and my family get out of here.i pray everything be alright while pleasae pray for us ok

waiting to read from you asap as you are through with the payment

Once again I am busy. Not sure what to do next.

Sent: Monday, June 30, 2008 9:45 PM

hi there i just wish to inform you that i have call you several times but can't get in touch with you.astually am really worried.if you are there pleasae get back to me immediately as you read my mails ok
thanks

Then Shiver Metimbers got me onto an idea. I have the solution to his finacial problems.

Subject: Problems!
Date: Tuesday, July 1, 2008, 12:20 PM

Hello,

Things here are going very slowly. We are still wating for the police to come. They have been very busy with the Euro football games and also have problems of their own.

We think we might have found someone who can help you with the € 1000. An acquantence of ours who is an artist said he might buy some of the art work you are bringing with you and pay up € 1000 if he likes what you have. But he wants to see photos of these before he would give us the money to forward to you.

Do you have any photos of the art you are bringing? Please send them and then maybe all our problems will be solved.

Hook, line and sinker!He even sends some anotomical sketches of elephant skulls that are suppose to be artifacts not art works, let alone drawings!

Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 4:16 PM
Subject: problems will be solve soonset

thanks for your mail ok.i am so happy to read from you.this our some of the photos of the African craft i am carrying with me here.they are elephant tusks some of which have been calved and ready to sell..i still have some of the arts here with me but please i can't really know his choice of the arts cuz i have varieties of African arts with me here.so please just take these pictures attach on files to him for to see and then get back to me immediately if he likes it.if not then let him give exactly what he want ok cuz i might have it and don't know that is precisely what he wants ok.
it's hell with us here so all i want you to do is try borrow the money and pay it back in Cameroon through the address the airport forwarded to you so that we can take the next flight,come over and resolve the problem together.if you help me get out of here,know your problems are solve ok.
the airport tried calling you yesterday but nobody was there there to answer your calls.
get back to me immediately with the responds from the artist.also tell the artisthe will love what i have here with me cuz they are absolutely good for arts work.my child is even sick but i pray you help me get out of here before it become intensive
thanks for your concern and hope to have a quick reply from you

my regards

Can't help but break the bad news on his criminal activities. But our friend is still interested and very flexible.

Subject: art work
Date: Tuesday, July 1, 2008, 2:40 PM

Now I know why the Brussels immigration has been having such problems with your artifacts. It is absoluletly illegal to import any ivory or ivory art works and products into Europe. You should be glad you are not in jail for having them with you. Normally they arrest anyone who tries to bring ivory into Europe. How did you manage not to get arrested?

These things are no good for our friend. Do you have anything else he might be able to buy from you? He likes statues.

He goes for the new idea but things are getting bad at the Brussels airport, his kids are starving.

To: Super girl
Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 5:30 PM
Subject: Re: art work

this are some of the pics i have for statues.plaease let him just help me out before we die here.i promise what i have here with me he shall like it i you people help me and my family out and i arrive there ok

just get back immediately.we are staving espacially the youngest of my kids who is sick

pray for us please to get out of this mess

The photos he sends are good. They are wood carvings. My friend is very impressed. I decide to be concerned about his kids. After all I too have children who are upset by the house damage.

Date: Tuesday, July 1, 2008, 7:28 PM

I know how you feel. My children are very shocked and upset about what happened to our house and all their things. We too will need to find somewhere to stay for the next couple of days till things get sorted out here.

I will show the photos you sent to this man and see what he says. I hope there is something he likes then he can help all of us.

Is the Brussels immigration going to take away the ivory carvings? That would be a great loss for you. I hope for your sake that they don't.

I will get back to you ASAP with news about what our man here says. I too hope this won't take any longer.

He is getting restless and then offers to give me BIG AIDS. I wouldn't want that again, it took so long to get rid of it the first time! Too bad he doesn't know how funny he is!

Sent: Tuesday, July 01, 2008 10:33 PM

hi thanks for your mail ok.i must still say i am sorry for what happend cuz it is really a big lost that will take tome to have a stand.But I and my family do pray to God that everything be ok and that the insurance really help you ok while i also promise to help you when ever i and my family get out of here.all i do pray for is that this guy likes one of those work of arts so that he can help me lend you the money so that you send it.what ever the case tell him i have alot that he will really likes as concerns work of arts from africa.

i just do pray that the emigration department here in brussels don't take away the carvings cuz i will do lost alot.that is the more reason i am trying to get out of here before the whole issue becomes so complecated.just get me and my family out of here and you will gat a big surprise for one of the work of art.

when i come over i will make sure i give you a big aids ok.you are a very good and kind man i must confess due to your concern.

my regards while waiting asap

Finally I have come up with a solution to all ur problems.

Date: Wednesday, July 2, 2008, 8:14 AM

Sorry this has taken so long. Most people here sleep in the night time. My friend is very interested in the third statue in your mail. It looks like it has a blue face carved into a peice of raw wood. He himself has been making masks but out of fired clay.

However, he has had some very bad experience with internet business deals. He lost some of his masks in a deal with some South African Gallery that never paid him for the masks he sent.

We assured him that you are an honest man who is trying to relocate his family to a better place and that you are coming to buy our house but he is still suspicious of internet deals.

He would only agree to send the €1000 if you could send us a small statue so he can check its authenticity. There are alot of people out there waiting to take advantage of good people trying to do honest business.

Seeing as you will then be coming here to buy the house he would also be interested in buying more if he likes the quality of the product. He has many contacts in the art world here and knows many lovers of good art work as he regularily sells his own paintings and masks to them.

How could I forget he has no money. Need a new idea soon.

Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 11:25 AM

hi thanks for your mail ok.i would have love to send the statues for him to look at it but then i don't have money with me here to go and register it at the arts airport for it to be flown there.i think you better know my situation now that i don't have any money and i and my family are staving.please could you think on what we shall do as the next step?if he really wants to see it then tell him to inform you so that i can see the arts airlines here in brussels to contact him to make the payment so that i take the statues there and the take it to him to view ok.please do get bacak to me with the information asap.
i am a very honest man and also God fearing man whom i need to be trusted
my regards

He's getting impatient with me now.

Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2008 5:03 PM
Subject: Still waiting to read from you

hi sir,
i have not read from you since.i am upset and confused as i have not heard from you.have you gone and discuss with that man about what i said?please i want you to tell that man that i am a very fruitful and sincere honest man ok.my passport is with you and i see no reason why that your friend should be suspicious cuz that is my whole life.that passport is a clear indication that i am coming over there ok.

please talk to your friend and take the money from him and send it back to cameroon so that i can get out of here ok.if he does not want to give the money borrow it and send it ok cuz i believe you understand me more than him.i am coming to buy your house pack in and we remain life friends believe me

my regards while please get back to me asap
Mr AREVALO LUNA

Finally, I have a soluton and am hoping he'll go for it. I'd love to have some art work, or was that artifacts for €20. And Paul has a business oppotunity he would certainly take advantage of if he wasn't stuck up in the Brussels airport.

Subject: Re: Still waiting to read from you
Date: Thursday, July 3, 2008, 8:58 AM

Mr. Arevalo Luna,

We too are confused. You have been mailing us under the name Paul Bryant and we have become frineds with this man and then you send a passport of someone completely different. How can we know who you really are? How can I know we can trust you further?

We have since talked with our friend again.. He really likes the photos of the sculptures you sent but this confusion with your name and who exactly you are makes him very suspicious. Like I said, he once lost some of his own art work to some South Africans who never paid him for them. He did express great interest in doing lots of business with you as he has already talked to his local gallery about selling your sculptures and carvings. They also liked the photos but also said they would need to see something first so they can check it too. Art galleries cannot sell cheap imitations and if they are artifacts like you say then there won't be any problem at all. This would be a great business start for you in Austria don't you think?

I have talked with the Belgium post office and they said it isn't a problem to send a small package to Austria. Under 1 kilo weight is only around € 20. You can also mail packages so that the receiver pays the mailing costs. I know you are tight for money so if you mail one of these small statues, but not go over that price I will gladly pay for the mailing costs. Our friend can then check the authenticity of the statue and if it is of good quality he will then give me the money to send to Camaroon. I don't know how it is in Africa but in Austria €1000 is alot of money and most people don't just have that much money lying around to spend on what they might want.

I just can't think of anything else we can do. I have talked to so many people to try and get some ideas but they too don't know what to do. I am losing alot of sleep over these problems and I too have children. It breaks my heart to hear that your youngest is so sick. Austria's hospitals and Drs. are some of the best in the world. Let's both work quickly on this together so that we can all get what we want.

Before you mail the package let me know how much it is going to cost (make sure it isn't more than around €20) to make sure I have the money at home. If I do not the mailman will then send the package back to where it came from and all this will take that much longer.

My address is:

xxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxx
xxx xx xxxx xxxxxx
xxx xxxxxxxx
Austria

This seems to be the only solution we have.. We too are very tight for money but this small amount for mailing costs I still have. We are all suffering now. Maybe this is God's way of testing us to make sure we have pure hearts and good intentions.

Well he went for it and is relieved that he may actually be getting some money soon. He has a way to scam us further. If he only knew.

Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2008 1:42 PM

Hi

thanks for the mail,i must say i am glad that you are God fearing and also that you have a good heart.As concerning the email address it is my son adress so i had to use because he was the one who actually made us fall in love with your house and also because it is located in Australia a country he has always dreamed of, so you do not have to worry about trust because i am God fearing and do have a concience.

Like i told you before when i called you i have contacted my former driver back in Cameroon and he has succeded in coming up with the sum of 500euros and this has alrady been payed to the cameroon emmigration office so what we looking for now is 500euro and i am not thinking of any method of raising this balance,so i think your suggestion of sending the statue is a good one since i have no choice and i do trust you.

As soon as i get to the mailing office, i will let you know immediately just stay by your pc ok.here is my email adress if you like you can contact me through it ok

[email protected]

regards to your family

Gabriel

Now that I have what seems to be a real email address and we are on a first name basis the fun is just beginning. He even decides to lower his price to make it easier for everybody. What a nice man.

Date: Thursday, July 3, 2008, 2:37 PM

Hello,

I am relieved to hear that the sum we are now looking at is only €500. It makes things easier but it is still alot of money. My wife must work a whole month to earn €500.

I contacted the Belgium Post Office again and they said again a small package up to 1 kilo will only cost €20. Like I said I will pay these shipping fees but not more. Be careful it isn't more as if I do not have this amount the parcel will automatically go back to the sender and I am afraid you and your poor children especially the youngest who is now sick, will have to keep waiting at the Brussels immigration till I find another solution but I honestly don't know what else we could do to help eachother. Our situation is so difficult, thank God we have now found a way out of this mess.

The police just filed their report on the lightening damage. That means the insurance can then start their report too. Things are slowly happening here and we are very relieved. This too must be a sign from God that good things come to those who wait.

Let me know when the package is being mailed and remember it has to be about €20 so I can take over the costs. Otherwise we may have problems.

He has to do his homework now. COD's are a normal way of doing business in Europe. But he doesn't know that. His time pressure he put himself under, as he is in the Brussels airport is starting to kill his scam.

Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2008 5:24 PM

Hi
just came in back and so your mail actually i do not know how to say this i have been to the mail office and the statue which is the smallest weighs 6.5kg and i was advised to send it through the airlines so that you will receive it in about three hours,so right now i do not know but i think you should get back to your friend and try to see if he can lend you some money or better still you should look for anybody who can lend you this money so that my family and i can come over immediately,and get this done my kids are really in deep shit here so please do all you can please.as soon as we arrive and you come pick us up we shall pay back this money and probably see how we can help your family too because you are a good man who every man will like to help ok. i will be waiting,bye
regards
Gabriel

I choose not to respond. Then he gets a little nasty.

Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2008 8:26 PM

PLAEAS I STILL WAIT TO READ FROM YOU AND KNOW WE ARE IN HELL SO DO HELP US OUT OK.LOOK FOR ALL POSSIBLE MEANS TO SAFE THIS SITUATION

I go a further step to see how much it will cost, always looking for a solution to the problems.

Date: Thursday, July 3, 2008, 6:09 PM

We have talked to all the people we know about our situation but no one will lend us any money. Our only solution is our friend and his offer to buy your sculptures once you send us one to check its authenticity.

You didn't say what it would cost to mail the 6.5 kilo package. If it isn't too expensive then maybe, just maybe I would have enough to pay for this.

I just don't know what else to do. I am trying my best here but things aren't as easy as you think. Sometimes I think they should be easier too but then I find out that not everybody is helpful and kind like I try to be.

Let me know the extra cost.

Now he's getting desperate. He doesn't know what to do. We are no longer on first name basis with eachother.

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Thursday, July 03, 2008 8:46 PM

i don't know what to do now cuz the mailing department can't mail something like a statue which is about 6..5kg..plaease do think on what we can do next cuz i would have love to send it but there is no money.they even said they can't mail anything without paying for the charges and insurance charges espacially that kind of statue.is completely out of question mailing it.they advice me to send it through a flight

but i believe you can convince that man well to give you that remaining 500euros to send so that we come over rather than having this expences which finally i will come over.just get back to me with your next opinion asap ok

MR AREVALO LUNA

Now he's getting really desperate. remember he's siiting in Brussels with his sick children. Not one did I ask him where he was staying or what he was eating. He has started to sell off the artifacts the immigration people want import duties for. Is this legal?

Sent: Friday, July 04, 2008 1:02 PM
Subject: URGENT

HI THERE,HOPE ALL IS WELL WITH YOU? SIR WE ARE STILL STRANDED HERE IN BRUSSELS WE HAVE DECIDED TO SELL SOME OF THE STATUES TO PAY OUR HOTELS AND FEEDING BILLS HERE IN BRUSSELS AND IF TOMORROW MEET US HERE I WILL SURELY BE LOCK UP OR SEND TO THE STREET WITH MY FAMILY BECAUSE I WILL HAVE NO MONEY TO PAY THE HOTEL BILL..SIR MY CHARGES HAS BEEN REDUCE TO 23Oeuros BECAUSE I SOLD SOME OF THE STATUES AT A VERY LOW PRICE TO REMEDY THE SITUATION BUT YOU KNOW I CAN'T SELL ALL OF THE STATUES BECAUSE IT WILL HELP ME A LOT WHEN I ARRIVE AUSTRAL.PLEASE SIR TRY BY ALL MEANS TO SEND THIS 230euros TO THE EMIGRATION OFFICE SO THAT I CAN LEAVE THIS PLACE IMMEDIATELY WITH MY FAMILY IN THE NEXT AVAILABLE FLIGHT.REMEMBER IT IS NOT FOR FREE DONATION,I SHALL PAY BACK YOUR MONEY AS SOON AS I ARRIVE AUSTRAL O.K.
THANKS AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU FOR YOUR KINDNESS
MR AREVALO LUNA GABRIEL ENERSTO
WAITING TO HEAR FROM ASAP.

I decide to reassure him I am doing my best I even mention how interested everybody here is in the African culture. New money to be scammed, if he's smart he'll send me a statue and get down to some serious business.

Subject: Re: URGENT
Date: Friday, July 4, 2008, 11:35 AM

Hello Mr. Arevalo,

I have speant all morning talking with all the people we know to try and get the money together to send to you. I have had no luck. I am so very sorry that I cannot help you. Our money is all tied up in our house. I guess you will have to sell the last artifacts in order to get here, but rest assured our friend still wants to do business with you and if there is anyway at all that you can send us even a small statue to show him all would be well. But I understand your troubles.

Right now it is very popular here to decorate houses with African art works. In fact we even had an African lady do a workshop with our children in the primary school in town. She brought drums and carvings and even cooked for the children. It made many parents very curious about Africa and there will be a great demand for artwork in the future.I am sure you will be able to continue with this once you have settled in your new home.

We are looking forward to selling our house to such a good man. I have built my house myself and there are many tears of joy and sweat in these walls. I know as a God fearing man you will respect my house and treat it well.

I hope all things go well with you and let us know when your flight will arrive so we can send a car to pick up you and your family at the airport.

I think he doesn't know what else to say to get me to send money. Are we at a stalemate?

Sent: Friday, July 04, 2008 2:46 PM

it is very impossible for me to bear this kind of risk in loosing all this ok.i bought all this sculptures so expensive and i have sold this them for at a very low price which i am regretting up till now cuz it does not worth half of the money i bought them in Cameroon.how can you advice me to incur such a lost as you know my situation.the fact that me and my family are desperate does not mean i should incur such a lost ok.i must appreciate your effort of trying up till this money giving me the help ok.
please just tell me you can't help.than to instead confuse me the more o.k.thanks
BUT REMEMBER WE ARE ALL HUMAN AND THIS MAY ALSO HAPPEN TO YOU ONE DAY O.K.
MR AREVALO LUNA

I think I have to put him in his place. His words are unkind and I am only doing my best to help him out.

Date: Friday, July 4, 2008, 1:10 PM

I don't see as to why you are blaming me for your problems with the Brussely immigration. I did not tell you to bring artifacts with you, you brought them yourself. I think maybe you should have gotten information on importing such things to Europe before you bought them. I also cannot help the fact that you bought expensive carvings and now have to sell them cheaply to pay your bills for hotels and food. It is too bad that you can't send an artwork here. That was and still is the best and only solution to all the problems.

However, there is nothing I can do now to help you. I have tried everything I can but to no avail. I too have had to sell things I bought so that in hard times I could pay for food and other things. These are all trials that God puts us through to test our faith. It is a good thing that you are a God fearing man and know that his ways are not always ones that we humans can understand.

I am sure once you get here you can contact your friends in Africa and they can send you other artifacts to sell in the gallery here. Just wait and see everything will be fine. Many things in life do not turn out as we have planned them. Sometimes a small setback turns out to be the biggest opportunity we ever had. Maybe you can still take advantage of this opportunity with our friend.

No he is down to the bare bones. Feels he needs to remind me he is not African and can get no help from there. He further reduces his price to €110. Surely I must have this money to send him?

Sent: Friday, July 04, 2008 4:28 PM
Subject: thanks for your effort

my dear,even if i sell those things it will not still be able to pay my bills because the buying price here is not encouraging.can you imaging the price they want to buy the status is not even half the price i bought them in Cameroon.by the way i am not an African so i do not have friends in Africa that can help,if i had friends in Africa i would not have ask you to help.I KNOW YOU HAVE THE MONEY TO HELP US BUT YOU DO NOT JUST WANT TO HELP US.THANK GOD I HAVE KNOWN THE KIND OF BUSINESS MAN I AM DEALING WITH.YOU ARE THAT TYPE WHO LIKE SEEING PEOPLE SURFER IN PAINS.IF I SELL THEM IT WILL WEALTH ONLY 110euros.IF YOU ARE WILLING TO HELP ME PAY THE REST OF THE MONEY YOU LET ME KNOW AS SOON AS POSSIBLE SO THAT I WILL SELL THE REST AS YOU WISH.THANKS AND REMAIN BLESS.

No body calls me dear, especially a stranger. I am tired of the game. He won't be sending any artwork, too bad, and he has talked himself into a corner that doesn't allow for any movement. Wish I could have done this baiting better, but for a first time I think I did okay.

I decide to break the news to him that I have found out he is a fraud but don't want to tell him I was baiting him as our partial address is in the net because of our house sale and I planned to publicize his passport and addresses on this platform.

To: Bryant Paul
Sent: Friday, July 04, 2008 5:33 PM
Subject: € 110-

I have just talked to the Brussels Immigration department to discuss how I could help you through them. I wanted to convince them to let you fly to Austria.

I was shocked to hear that they have never heard of you and the method of cash payments to be made in another country for customs regulations being broken is absolutely unheard of. It is not their policy or anyother immigrations office policy in Europe to ask a third party to pay customs moneies required for the import of goods.

My question is, who are you really? Why have you been lying to me? Why would you waste my time with your empty promises? Why would you ask me to help you when you don't need it to begin with? Why would you say you want to buy my house and go throguh all the trouble of making me believe you are stranded in Brussels when you are not?

I know why. You are a scammer who has tried to get me to send you money from the very beginning. I knew this as soon as you never inquired about the real price of the house. I also knew that at some point you would make up some story to try and get me to send you money.

I am not the kind of person who likes to see people suffer. I am a decent hard working man unlike you who does nothing but try to rip people off of their hard earned money. You should be ashamed of yourself, you and all the other people who have sent me hundreds of similar mails all telling the same story. Always about how unexpected things happen and they need money to quickly solve their problems. Do you think we don't have problems of our own? Maybe you should research your potential victims better so you don't look so stupid yoursefl with your unrealistic problems and silly ideas.

You didn't really think I would send you money, did you? No one who is as highly educated as most people are in the western world would fall for such stupid stories like the ones you told.

I have already contacted the police here about pressing charges against you for fraud. They will be placing your names and photos with interpol to prevent you from doing this to other people. Do not mail me again!

PS: Our house was never hit by lightening.

-"I will make sure i give you a big aids ok."

Last edited by Super Girl 3 on Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
mazda
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:57 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice nice, good read.

Keep up the good work
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:00 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good stuff. Laughing He gets himself completely backed into a corner with the Brussels immigration thing. And I have never heard such bad English from any Belgian before, let alone an Immigration Service employee. Shocking. Laughing

I posted some suggestions which I hope you'll find helpful on the other post of yours about the house seller site scams, but welcome again. Very Happy

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
suncrafter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 5:27 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice bait. Your commentary adds a lot to it. Very Happy
tjjjj
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

This Arvelo Luna Gabriel from Cameroon has started sending me emails to inquire about my house for sale. On a whim I decided to type his name into to google to see if anything popped up about him. To my shock, Supergirl's description of this scam did!! I read through it and the beginning stuff sounded exactly like the emails I have started to recieve. It has only been a couple days of emails, but I was actually getting kinda of excited about his interest in my house!! He has yet to ask for money and I would never send money to no one but I am grateful for your postings so I do not waste my time or get my hopes up for selling my house. Thank you very much. But it sure is disheartening that there are people like this Arvelo out there scamming others who are just trying to make an honest living. Thanks again for this.
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:17 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Great bait supergirl! Very Happy

Welcome tjjjj Very Happy
I'm happy to hear that a search brought you here before you were scammed by this lad!

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, I'm glad that you googled and found your way here- much better that way than finding out too late.

Sorry about your hopes getting dashed with this guy, though.

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:49 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Welcome to Eater tjjjj. Very Happy

If more people would do what you did, there would be a lot less victims. I'm really glad that you didn't get scammed.

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
Jane
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice job, and definitely an inspiriation. Smile

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:58 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have just mailed the real Gabriel Arevalo. He was certainly surprised to hear his name has been possibly abused. Said himself he had some dealings with an African about some palm oil. Could be that's how the scammer got his info.

Good eye tjjjj. Unfortunatly my other scammer's names don't google like this one did.

Good tip though!

GabrielErnestoArevaloLuna
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Dear all:

I am the GENUINE, HONEST GABRIEL ERNESTO AREVALO LUNA from Colombia. My passport number is 13492621

I am a System Engineer, translator English-Spanish, teacher and a business person. (you can write on GOOGLE my full name GABRIEL ERNESTO AREVALO LUNA to find links describing myself )

Around 4 months ago (April, 2008), I started to find some providers of PALM OIL in Cameroon. I got different quotations. Most of them fake. But there was one with documents perfectly edited that seemed a trustworthy Company. Therefore I sent my passport copy to get an invitation letter but unluckily, this "company" was ruled by a crook.

He is from Cameroon, he has used different names, nicknames and emails of course. Among them: WILLIAMS PETERS, BELAPRINCE, Bryant Paul, etc.

He has tried to buy properties using my passport copy in Spain, Austria, Australia and perhaps many more places.

I have been warned by these honest sellers.

If some of you gets my passport copy, please do not trust because, it's from a scammer, since I am a integral honest person who does not claim money pretending buying things anywhere.

I highly appreciate any information you can provide about any other potential scammer using my passport copy.

Any other advice fro capturing these crooks will be also of great help.

Thank you very much.

Kind Regards

Gabriel Ernesto Arevalo Luna
Passport Number 13492621
Colombian

Please don't report this post - I have already PM'd the OP. Thanks - SB
Very Happy
GabrielErnestoArevaloLuna
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks a lot to Super-Girl, Janell and all who have helped me.

We need to support each other.

Thanks a trillion.
icegirl
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

After dealing with this guy for the last couple of weeks his last email turned ugly on us! Guess he did not like it when we called him on his scam!! This is his last email!!

From Arevalo Luna Gabriel <[email protected]>
Sent Wednesday, September 17, 2008 2:19 am
To M Reimer
Subject Re: house
you stupid bloody fellow,well what you think you are doing.let me assure you o.k. if you want to know who i am then i will tesch you never to deal with any AFRICAN.O.K.PRECISELY,I AM NOT FROM COLOMBIA and i will teach you the lesson of your life that you will never foget.see,you must pay me the sum of 5000dollars for all my damages or else i will send you AFRICA MAGIC i hope you know what the means.well i will act rather than writing.you must make the payment to the address we gave to you.you fool.you will pay 5000dollars or you lose your life.
Super Girl 3
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Hez Icegirl,

How did zou get hooked up with him

icegirl
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We had a house listed for sale on a website. Thanks for posting what you did about your situation. I immediately did a search of the name he used and the link to your posting caught my eye!!
Super Girl 3
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Did your house sell? Mine did. Am moving in 3 weeks from Austria to Australia. Since I have nothing listed for sale on the net I haven't been getting any scammers. I'm kinda glad as it was getting pretty bad towards the end. Hope to continue baiting once I've settled in in Australia.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic