SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Interesting little scam attempt (?) but not really baitable.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
falnsb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:18 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I recently stayed in a hotel in Madrid for a few days, a decent 4 star hotel, part of a chain, in a good area. I'm not mentioning the name of the hotel as I do not believe that they have any direct responsibility for what I am about to relate.

Two days after I got home I received a call on one of my cellphones (not the one I'd used when I made my booking or checked in), from a Spanish cellphone number, made by a man who spoke English, so badly I barely understood him, so I switched to Spanish which was clearly his native language, and which he spoke with an Argentinian accent (could also have been Uruguay or Chile).

He told me that he was calling from the hotel 'x' where I'd stayed and that they had found the laptop I'd lost during my stay. Fine, except that I hadn't taken a laptop with me and my laptop had been, and still was, at home the whole time.

As I was busy I told him he'd made a mistake and thanked him for his time but he was quite insistent that he had my 'almost new Sony Vaio laptop' and needed to confirm my address to send it back to me.

Later I thought about it and realised that the number he'd called me on was one he could only have found on a label on my suitcase in the room, so it must have been via a member of the hotel staff.

I called the hotel and explained that my suspicions were aroused because not only did I not lose a laptop, but also because, had a member of their staff contacted me, they would have done so through the hotel switchboard, and of course they confirmed this. They also said they didn't have any male employees who had the accent I mentioned.

I meant to call back the man's number to try to see where this was leading, but unfortunately had accidentally deleted it from my cellphone's call list.

I wondered how this scam would work and can only assume that he would have expected me to think this was an opportunity to get a nice Sony Vaio laptop, would have asked me to send money for the delivery fee and that would have been the last I'd have seen of my money.

Has anyone heard of anything similar?

P.S. Anyone want an almost new Sony Vaio laptop cheap. Only slightly dented where it fell off the back of the lorry!!!!

Fixed coding tags -- JMR

YOU BASTED PIG HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME I AM NOT SCAMMER

You are the pertetic fool with no ambition, you wasted our time, by doing this.
You white are reaping what you saw, by enslaving our forfather. if you like publish all your head white still fall for our trick, fool, is better you work with me because am demmm rich.
EAT SHIT IF DO NOT HEAR FROM YOU. MIND YOU YOUR NAME IS WITH MY SPIRITUALIST, YOU ARE ALREADY A MUGU.

you are a fool, your four father first scammed our four fathers. came to africa and stole our rich heritage. suffered us as slaves and killed us like ants. it is time to get back all what your four fathers stole from our four fathers.
we will not stop untill the europeans, americans etc . come begging for forgivenes.
The Blackwood Con
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:43 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sure. I'm always in need of another laptop or more computer equipment. What I currently need is a second flatscreen monitor to hook up to my laptop, because I am tired of using a damn CRT as my second external monitor.

And for those who can't keep count...yes, I have three monitors. Or rather, two external monitors plus my laptop screen.

thanks for making a fool of me ok,you are just talking nonsense.man to hell with you if you keep fooling me all the time."
maybe i will come and lick your shoes just because you want to buy diamonds from me.
Dionysius
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I guess that you would have been stung for shipping fees, but of course you could have pointed the lad to a proper (i.e. a baiter run) shipping service that you 'always' use. Pity that they had your real life details.

RIP - Lad vampire and muguito were the gifts that kept on leeching. Greatly missed.

Information about Scams and their effects with great trophies - http://www.scam-info-links.info/ from Scam Patroller - http://www.romancescambaiter.com/ from wayne
Craig007
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

That sounds like a finickity one... I can't understand why a member of staff would do that. Do you remember your cleaner, bellboy or anything like that? They're the only people I can imagine having access to your luggage tags.

pony pony pony Easter Egg Goat Vcamera

Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts Thailand Canada

Safari Safari Wulugu or Bust Safari- Lagos, Nigeria to Paga, Ghana and Tokwari, Ghana X2-3800mi. "I'm leaving this bullshit area"

Safari - Accra to Cotonou - 430 miles

100% RISK FREE TRANSACTION

CHERRIE MENTOR PROGRAM
Koffi T or Me
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^^
More likely someone is bribing hotel staff to collect phone numbers.
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

If your phone number was on the luggage label it could have been read at the airport or during transfers.
Just a thought
bearkat419
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ But if that were the case, the odds of them guessing the correct hotel are extremely low.

Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sometimes destinations are put on luggage labels too.

i never put my home address on a luggage label in case someone pays a visit to my home thinking its empty while I'm on holiday, which is unlikely but you never know.
falnsb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 3:25 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nope, the label only had my telephone numbers. No addresses, no company name, no hotel name.

YOU BASTED PIG HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME I AM NOT SCAMMER

You are the pertetic fool with no ambition, you wasted our time, by doing this.
You white are reaping what you saw, by enslaving our forfather. if you like publish all your head white still fall for our trick, fool, is better you work with me because am demmm rich.
EAT SHIT IF DO NOT HEAR FROM YOU. MIND YOU YOUR NAME IS WITH MY SPIRITUALIST, YOU ARE ALREADY A MUGU.

you are a fool, your four father first scammed our four fathers. came to africa and stole our rich heritage. suffered us as slaves and killed us like ants. it is time to get back all what your four fathers stole from our four fathers.
we will not stop untill the europeans, americans etc . come begging for forgivenes.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic