SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

UPDATE Tall Ships race, now with added Liverpool.

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hayley and I went to see the tall ships yesterday, along with tens of thousands of others. The smaller ships were at Albert dock, the big ones a couple of miles away at Wellington Dock. Free buses were laid on, and things were well organised - queues, but ones that kept moving.

They sail on Monday, next stop Norway.

A steam special arriving for the occasion, with A4 pacific 60009 Union of South Africa..

The scene at Albert dock, the Liver Building in the background.

This strange building is the air vent for the Mersey Tunnel, way below us.

Wellington Dock - Ships, being tall....

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey

Last edited by Roycropper on Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
maggiemay
Adamu's soulmate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 3:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Wow great photos - looks like a very good day out

You can be of great assistance to helping this little wads realize their hope for tomorrow,

pony pony
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

That is so cool and thanks! Cool

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:46 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very nice, Roy, especially #7, 11, 12 and the last. Very Happy Thanks for posting them up. Very Happy

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Doodle Bug
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice Pics and blessed with good weather

Who is this person Mickey Mouse???
trying to dercieve hoorable men like me. You are stupid man ok.
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

Location: Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad. - Euripides

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:31 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Very nice piccies Roy.

I was at Liverpool Poly in the mid/late 1970s when the Albert Dock was by then derelict and they were looking to fill it in and knock the historic warehouse buildings down. We used to sport "Save Albert Dock" stickers. Luckily they did.

Happy days.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik
YOUR GENERATION WILL ROAST IN ABSTRACT POVERTY,BASTARD IDIOT -Daniel Mensah

pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Goat
SlapHappy
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice pics, Roy. Thanks for showing them to us. Big sailing ships like that are an awesome sight to behold. It must have been a fun day. Very Happy

Safari Safari Sand Timer (19 mo.) Tina and Joe's Safari - Accra to Niger & Timbucktu
Safari Safari Z@ke & Charlie -Wulugu Or Bust Safari- Lagos to Paga & Tokwari X2 - 3800mi.
Golden Pith x3 H3ctor & C@leb - Yankar1 & Parakou
Safari x2 Charles and Friend-Amsterdam to Vatican
Safari Issac to Chad
Be A Cool Cat, Like Me Trophy Videos Cool Stuff
pony pony Closed lad accounts Mortar Goat Easter Egg 2011
ShadowBeastie
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:40 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Mmmmm! Gorgeous!!!! Makes me mad about being landlocked in the middle of a big continent! I miss the ocean!

AND Who the hell do you call your boss. Is your boss Idleness?--kelly notsobriete

yes i mating pair. ok. you will have to pay me $3500 when you receive them.
AND you are a thief. you are not in USA. please send me your number to call then i will happily call the airport to proceed with the shipping.--Hey Jude
Cameroon is not in Ireland. i am not a snake piss seller
AND i have very healthy ship that i will be shipping them to you ok.-- Mac Ferdy
iMike
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

We had a trip out to New Brighton a few months ago. Got lost on the way back & found ourselves driving past this:

Closed lad accounts x2

"you have luke worm in your brain" - Ekaetta Bello
"invite me to your country and let me clearify your legitimacy asshole" - Mose5 Uzem3
"the transfer was not authorized due to my persistent double mind" - Clement Wank
"this is not the time to play planks" - Mack Anthony

WIFI PDA - post while you dump
SAY 'NO' TO GAS STORAGE!

<a href="/forum/donate.php">[FREE LAPHROAIG]</a>
Fo'andles
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 9:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

At least it was a nice day, the photo's are clear, how did you manage to get the distant rigging in focus.

The A4 had come on a trip from Scarborough, which puts you at Liverpool Lime St at about 11.41 the time its due.
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:08 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

All great pics Roy but I particularly like #7. I was in Falmouth for the Tall Ships in 1982(?). Happy days.

And on the subject of submarines, if you drive along the Hume Highway between Melbourne and Sydney you will pass through the small country town of Holbrook, NSW. This is what you will find parked there.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
Nanny Ogg
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Is it sad that i know that the Union of South Africa used to live at Haymarket and that she passed through near us 2 weeks ago ?

Oh the Tall Ships started from near here about 13 years ago. We then got the thickest haar for ages so no one could see them go past
remmy223
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

i feel home sick now i have seen those pictures

Crying or Very sad

thanks for the fond memories of my home town and
great pictures of the tall ships

you are bauitfull i will show the picture to my kid

Death man walking.
Click here to support 419Eater.com
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:02 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For anybody in the UK interested, the BBC's 'Breakfast' programme is running a feature on the 2008 Tall Ships race.

"You need to visit a good psychiatrist very fast, because some nuts are missing from your brain." - PROF.SOLUDO
"...it is very important you forward the your cycling proficiency certificate which by right belongs to you." - Prof Charles Soludo.
"note i can still change my mind to blow you off and whenever" - T0ny 'The Killerman' Erik

Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ iMike, I went round that U-boat when it was part of the now defunct Historic warships collection at Birkenhead. Not for the claustrophobic, the thought of living down there with a crew of 50 was mind boggling.I read that it was going to be cut in 2 and put on display somewhere else - who's stupid idea was that?

@ Fo'andles, nope, it was about 40 minutes late!

@ Nanny Ogg, 60009 went to Edinburgh on a railtour a few weeks ago, but broke down at Newcastle, when a high tech cork fell out, and a bearing lost all its oil. A shame, the next day I'd paid good money to photograph all 4 UK survivors lined up together outside the National rail Museum at York, but 3 out of 4 was still good:

thanks for all your comments. I always take way too many photos (ask Hayley - she keeps turning round to find me 1/2 a mile behind, photographing a rock or something). Here's some odds and sods of Liverpool, if I dont share them they just get put on a CD and forgotten about.

Liverpool was full of Superlambanannas. Like a Cow Parade, but with Superlambanannas.

In the old days, digital clocks were made of stone, and had to be recarved every minute. This one stopped at 12 Minutes to 7.

This spooky dock side clock tower doesn't know what time it is.

taken from the same bridge as the last one, a Swan and its Cygnets. It's not true that they make rings out of Cygnets.

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Marthataran
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Ah! the memories. When I left school I spent a glorious summer on the "Sir Winston Churchill".

@Nanny Ogg
I do believe that we are close, geographically speaking. I am to the south.
Tommo Shanter
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:33 am Reply with quoteBack to top

<br>Nice pictures Roy. Takes me back to my four years there. I lived in New Brighton for a year, back in late 1970s.

For anybody interested in architecture, and in particular that of Liverpool, which has many fine buildings, I can recommend Quentin Hughes' book 'LIVERPOOL - CITY OF ARCHITECTURE'. It cost me £16($32) a number of years ago. Not sure if it's still in print though. ISBN 1 872568 21 1. Published in 1999. All photos are colour and each one has a brief narrative of the history of each building.

Doodle Bug
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:
I read that it was going to be cut in 2 and put on display somewhere else

Just googled it

Unterseeboot 534 was a Type IXC/40 U-boat of the Kriegsmarine and was built in 1942 in Hamburg-Finkenwerder by Deutsche Werft AG. The U-boat is one of only four remaining in the world.[1]
She was sunk on 5 May 1945 by 10 depth charges launched from a British Liberator aircraft. She sank in the waters of Kattegat north-west of Elsinore, in position 56°39′N 11°48′E / 56.65, 11.8 (U-534). In 1993 Danish media millionaire, Karsten Ree, sponsored the raising of the submarine amid rumours of Nazi gold and intense media coverage. Hopes of gold treasure were disappointed, however, as the ship contained nothing but what was to be expected.
Transported to Birkenhead, England in 1996, the vessel formed part of the Warship Preservation Trust's collection at Birkenhead Docks until the museum closed on 5 February 2006. On 27 June 2007, the Merseytravel transit authority announced that it had acquired the submarine to display at the Woodside Ferry Terminal.[2]
For technical reasons and to facilitate economical transportation to its new site, the vessel was cut into four sections. It will be displayed in this form to allow visitors better access and visibility.[3] Merseytravel said that preserving the hull intact would have created prohibitive transport costs.[4] Engineers began a month-long operation to break up U-534 using a diamond wire cutter on 6 February 2008. Beginning on 10 March 2008, the sections, each weighing up to 240 tonnes, were transported by floating crane over a number of days. The modified attraction and visitor centre is expected to open at the end of September 2008.[5]

Who is this person Mickey Mouse???
trying to dercieve hoorable men like me. You are stupid man ok.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic