SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Credit Card Scam - UK members advice please

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
maggiemay
Adamu's soulmate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I need advice about a scam disclosed to me by my Lithuanian cleaning lady.

She lives in a house in UK shared with Latvian and Russian tenants - the latter who are here with false ID - apparently many people here who claim to be Polish, Latvian and Lithuanian are actually from Ukraine and Russia on false docs and therefore here illegally. Anyway she told me that her Russian flatmates have forged ID and are applying for UK credit cards which they always get - with credit limits of up to £6000.

They then go shopping and buy laptops, moblie phones and Ipods and sell them to other Eastern Europeans at 30% of the price they paid - then they go back to their country leaving the credit card bill unpaid.

I asked my cleaner how can they get away with this and she told me it is widely known in Eastern Europe that UK is the best place to go to defraud as it is so easy to get credit on false ID here - we are seen as a very soft touch

I am really really annoyed that we are being openly taken for a ride - I am thinking of what I can do to stop this - can any members please help

You can be of great assistance to helping this little wads realize their hope for tomorrow,

pony pony
<a href="/forum/donate.php">[Click here to donate to 419Eater.com]</a>
DizzySteinway
Annoying Stuck-Up Cow

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here's what little advice I could give you. One action could be to inform the police in the hopes that they believe you and stop at least those tenants. The problem is that it is unlikely the police will be able to do anything, because it's just something you heard. And also, you run the risk of getting on your housekeeper's bad side.
Another approach would be to talk to your MP (either by email, phone or popping in their next surgery), and asking them what can be done. This is probably the most you will be able to do.

This is about all I can think of doing, the problem is in these matters is that it's hard to do anything individually, short of telling the police if there's real evidence. I guess we'll just have to wait until better anti-fraud devices are put in place.

pony pony pony pony pony
- Feeling any better? -yes thank you, how kind! Mortar x5
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

http://www.crimestoppers-uk.org/

Try them.
You can email or phone.

You don't have to give your name or any personal details if you don't want to.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
maggiemay
Adamu's soulmate

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:55 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Thank you both for your responses.

I cant call the police/crimestoppers as I dont even have an addy for my cleaner - contact is by mobile phone only ( dont even ask they all have something to hide in my experience) so therefore no way of finding crims

Nevertheless the real issue here - as far as I can see - is how a false ID can obtain a credit card with a hefty balance - apparently it is not as easy to get this elsewhere in Europe

I am thinking of contacting the FSA ( Financial Services Agency) to ascertain how we can limit credit lines to non UK citizens without a credit history - again any ideas would be very welcome and surely other EU countries who are not seen as a soft touch must have processes from which we can learn

You can be of great assistance to helping this little wads realize their hope for tomorrow,

pony pony
Slightlyoutofit
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:07 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry to tell you this but the FSA won't help one bit. At the end of the day, if a card company wants to give someone who doesn't have a financial history in the UK a card, it's down to them.

My advice is to get an address for your cleaner. If you're employing her you should have her details anyway as a legal requirement.
Also, try discreetly pumping her for a little more information and see what comes up. Wth what you've got at the moment, there's not a lot you can do.

God will see you true for all this you have done to me you bastard. - Collins Kalu
MAY THE HAND THAT TYPE ON KEYBORD BECOME STRICKEN AND TRANSMIT VIRUS TO YOU ENTIRE BODY. - Dr Linda Akeem
oh what a mess its time cabbage punks like u will be expose for trully what they are. - David Cole
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:34 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I'd try to get the address where they're living, then tell Immigration. Using false id papers to gain entry is a criminal offence, and they'll be deported after conviction and sentence, probably. That'll put a crimp in their laptop sales.

UK Border Agency Contact Centres: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/contact/contactspage/contactcentres/

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
maggiemay
Adamu's soulmate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:12 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^Good thinking I will contact them.
- she lives in rented accommodation and seems to move every few months - I did have an original address but I never kept up with her moves.

It just realy annoys me that financial institutions here are so easy to defraud and apparently well known for it, I thought FSA might be worth contacting.

In my opinion an easy solution might be to limit all new credit cards applicants without any credit history (as was the case here)to a minimal balance for say the first x months to establish that they did in fact pay back money borrowed.

In the case I mentioned the entire £6k balance was run up within a month of obtaining the card.

pony pony
Rorschach
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

You really should have a current address for her in any case. I wouldn't be happy to let someone have the free run of my home, and probably have the keys also, if all that I had for them was a (probably pay-as-you go) mobile telephone number.

If you want to be discrete about it you could get some legal looking document such as a tenancy agreement or a will from WH Smiths, and say that you need her to witness your signature on the last page.

BRUNO HAYFORD: "you are an eel, 75% negative, 10% positive, 10% amorphous and 5% blank"
maggiemay
Adamu's soulmate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 6:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ I am going to get her latest address this week - the thing is she lives in shared rented so does move a fair bit - she doesnt have any keys as I am here when she comes - shes been cleaning for me for 3 years and never had a problem with her but dont like the sound of the company she keeps

pony pony
Gnasher
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:23 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Once you have an address, calling in Immigration is probably the quickest way to deal with any illegals living there but if the problem is as widespread as you say it will be a tiny victory. To be honest, if greedy credit card companies are issuing cards to people without conducting even basic checks like ID, nationality and credit history then they deserve to get burned. Unfortunately the genuine customers pay for other people's criminal activities via high interest rates and fees.

"Please pray harder for God to guide and protect us during our travelling because flight airplane i observe is a very big risky" Abdul Karibu
"WE DOESN'T LIKE HOW DISOBIDIENT YOU ARE!" Coco Law Chambers
"BE INFORMED THAT YOU WILL INCUR DUMMERAGE AFTER 9 DAYS FROM TODAY" Burkina Faso Air Secure Air Service.\
maggiemay
Adamu's soulmate

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Gnasher
Thanks for your reply. I agree with all you say and most of all that the majority of honest citizens pay for the actions of the crims - I still want to do something to stop UK being the soft touch - i.e if other countries dont allow such easy access to credit then surely we can learn from them

pony pony
falnsb
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 11:03 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I knew a young Polish lady (she really is Polish!) who had two false Polish ID cards, as well as her own real one, and obtained credit cards exactly as outlined above. She did not use them fraudulently but apparently sold them and the ID cards to other people who did so.

Quite how the CC issuers can be so lax in their checking is beyond me, and it pees me off big time because as others have stated, innocent people end up footing the bill for all this. Fortunately I don't as I pay off all my my credit cards in full at the end of each cycle, but many of us are not so fortunate and those who pay high interest rates have my sympathy.

YOU BASTED PIG HOW CAN YOU DO THIS TO ME I AM NOT SCAMMER

You are the pertetic fool with no ambition, you wasted our time, by doing this.
You white are reaping what you saw, by enslaving our forfather. if you like publish all your head white still fall for our trick, fool, is better you work with me because am demmm rich.
EAT SHIT IF DO NOT HEAR FROM YOU. MIND YOU YOUR NAME IS WITH MY SPIRITUALIST, YOU ARE ALREADY A MUGU.

you are a fool, your four father first scammed our four fathers. came to africa and stole our rich heritage. suffered us as slaves and killed us like ants. it is time to get back all what your four fathers stole from our four fathers.
we will not stop untill the europeans, americans etc . come begging for forgivenes.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic