SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

"I am not a nargel"

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Bokku Ga Kira
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:20 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Alright, well, I'll put the transcript of my now failed attempt for a first trophy. It's obvious that the lad is just too damn stubborn to take a cheap photo of himself with a sign for a promised $1000. I'm thinking of sending him one last email offering him personally $300, but it doesn't seem likely he'll go for it. Anyways, here's the transcript. I would hide the names, but since I got his off the surplus, his would already show up here if he googled, and I was impersonating a rather well-known fictional character, so he'd probably get fansites if he googled my character's name. So no need to hide them. Anyway, here's my first, failed sadly, attempt at a trophy. Any advise on how to do things better would be awesome.

Characters:

Luna Lovegood (self)
John William (scammer)
"Bank" (scammer)

John William wrote:
General scam message

luna wrote:
Thank you for contacting me. I am interested in this proposal of yours. Please write me back with the details.

From,

Luna Lovegood.

John William wrote:
Dear: Luna Lovegood.

Thank you for your mail and willingness to partner with me in this Mutual beneficial business relationship.What I require of you is your utmost confidentiality,trust and full co-operation to enable smooth and straight foward transaction hence we shall both be happy at the end.

As soon as i have received your personal information(Full name, contact address, accupation,copy of your international passport, phone and fax numbers) as required to input on the system to ascertain your stand as the Next of Kin/beneficiary of this Fund, i will furnish you with all relevant documentary information and details that will ascertain your stand as the rightful beneficiary of this Fund.

Please be advised that this transaction requires urgent attention and High level secrecy from both of us.

I would be pleased if you do let me know in due time, should you not be able to proceed in this transaction as once we have started there would not be any need to withdraw.

Look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thanks

John William.

((Keen Harry Potter fans might note her "interesting" middle names. xD))

Luna wrote:
Dear Mr. John William.

I understand completely.

My full name is Miss Luna Evanna Lynch Lovegood.

I am a UK citizen, however at present am staying in the United States as part of a job with the Salem Witches' Institute - a historical reinactment society that puts on reinactments of what it was like in the historic town of Salem during the Witch Trials. I am a history major, you see, and since it is the summer I thought it would be good for experience.

My home address in the UK is 3141 Privet Drive, London, UK. At present, my father Xenophilius is the only one living there as I am staying with the Salem Witches' Institute for the summer.

My occupation is a student, a history major as said. I am 22 years of age, and scheduled to graduate next year. I hope that my age will not disqualify me from completing this transaction; as I assure you, I am mature beyond my years and my family is of some substantial financial means.

My phone number for the cell phone I am using is - (XXX-XXX-XXXX). Note that this is a US area code, not UK, as I am presently living in the US for the summer.

I do not at present own a physical fax machine, but feel free to send any faxes to the same number. I have a system set up with my email wherein I can read the faxes sent as attachments to emails through connection with my cellphone.

I have attached as well a copy of my passport. Do I need to show proof of my travel visa into the US as well?

Sincerely,
Luna Lovegood.

John William wrote:

Miss Luna Evanna Lynch Lovegood,

Thanks for your e-mail of indentification which is an indicative of your sincerity and confidentiality to partner with me in this transaction.One thing again i would solicite your co-operation is to keep every information as regards this transaction intact and secret.

I have prepared a letter with your personal information and forwarded to the Administrative department of the bank to input on the system.

The Dept Management Department of the bank will be contacting you soon for further proceedings.

You have to update me on whatever the ask or demand that you do. I will provide you with every relevant information and documentary requirements they may need.

Thanks

Sincerely

John William.

bank wrote:
Welcome to Equity Bank Plc!
ATTENTION: MISS LUNA EVANNA L.L,

WE WRITE TO ACKNOWLEDGE YOUR APPLICATION OF CLAIM WHICH WE RECEIVED IN OUR OFFICE BY SANNI SANNUSI, REQUESTING FOR THE RELEASE OF YOUR INHERITANCE FUND WHICH TOTALS US$7.5 MILLION.

IN FURTHERANCE OF THE RELEASE OF THIS FUND TO YOU, WE HEREBY REQUEST THAT YOU FURNISH US WITH THE DOCUMENTS AS LISTED BELOW WHICH WILL ASCERTAIN THE AUTHENTICITY OF YOUR CLAIM AS THE RIGHTFUL BENEFICIARY OF THE SAID FUND IN OUR BANK.

1. DEATH CERTIFICATE OF THE DECEASED.

2. CERTIFICATE OF DEPOSIT OF THE TOTAL AMOUNT(AS STATED ABOVE).

3. SWORN AFFIDAVIT THAT EMPOWERS YOU AS THE RIGHTFUL BENEFICIARY OF THE FUND.

4. PROOF OF INDENTITY (THIS MUST BE EITHER INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT OR DRIVING LINCENSE)

UPON RECEIPT OF THE ABOVE DOCUMENTARY REQUIREMENTS FROM YOUR SIDE AND DUE CONFIRMATION HAS BEEN MADE, WE SHALL IMMEDIATELY TRANSFER YOUR INHERITED FUND TO YOUR GIVEN BANK/BENEFICIARY ACCOUNT INFORMATION.

THANKS FOR YOUR CO-OPERATION.

YOURS IN SERVICE,
ANTHONY ISUNUOYA
(DIRECT REMITTANCES/FUND TRANSFER)
EQUITY BANK INT'L .PLC

Luna wrote:
Dear Barrister Williams,

Forwarded is what the Bank has requested. I thought it would be easiest if I simply forwarded the email to you so you could see it firsthand to know how to proceed accordingly. I have the proof of identity requested, of course; but at present do not have the first three requirements.

Sincerely,
Luna Lovegood. (Forwarded Bank's message)

John William wrote:
Miss Luna Lovegood

As per the request of the bank, find attached the Death and Deposite Certificate of the deceased. I procured the Death Certificate through the Ministry of Health at the rate of $2,675 and the Deposite Certificate I got through the Master system of the Bank.

Now we have to liaise with an Attorney for the Affidavit through the Federal High Court. I am going to furnish you with the contact of the attorney to enable you contact him immediately. I would have done this myself but as you know i have to be very careful so that the bank will not be suspicious of my actions towards this transaction since i am a staff of the bank.

This is the contact of the Barr.

Name of contact person: Barr.Sanni Sannusi
E-mail:[email protected]

The subject of your e-mail to the Barrister should be in respect of the affidavit. Once you have contacted the Barrister and receive a response from his side, update me immediately.

Do not forward any document to the bank yet until we have arranged the whole documents.

Thanks
John William

John William wrote:
Luna Lovegood

How are you today?please keep me update as soon as possible.
Sincerely
John

((I was going to be gone for a week at a conference, and needed an excuse))

Luna wrote:
Dear Mr. John William,

I am in tears as I write to you. It seems that my mother has died in a tragic chemical explosion; my father called me yesterday to tell me this. I haven't been myself at all after hearing this news. I ... need to go back to the UK for her funeral; I don't really know what I will do. I'm afraid I won't be free to continue this correspondence for about a week.

I'm really sorry if this inconveniences you at all; this isn't your fault. If you're willing to wait for things to get back to sort of normal, which should be around a week or so, I'll still try to help you out with this.

In tears,
Luna Lovegood

John William wrote:
Dear Luna Lovegood

It is with shock that i read your e-mail . Sorry for the Death of your Mom. Such is Life .May her gentle soul rest in perfect peace.

Right now i am in a state of delimma as I will have many questions to answer if you withdraw as i am the one that has input your data to the sytem to stand as the next of kin of the deceased. Any body that would come into this transaction will have to bear your name as your datas are already input in the system. I hope you can understand me.

Contrary to my expectation, I thought we would finalize this mutual business together as we have started already hence we shall rip the fruit of our labour after the transaction.

One thing i admired most is your confidence and confidentiality in this Transaction.

What can i do now?

Regards.
John William

Luna wrote:
Dear John William,

Again I'm terribly sorry for any trouble this may have caused you. My mother's death was sudden and unexpected, and this matter was no fault of yours. I'm going on a plane tonight back to the UK to be with my family for the funeral, which should be held on this next tuesday. I feel I should stay with my father for a few days after to help him bear the burden of grief. I should be back in the US by the third or fourth of July.

I understand you have already gone to great effort and expense on my behalf, and for that, I am truly grateful. Once this funeral is over, and I am back, I would be willing of course to continue this order of business with you. I'm sorry again for any trouble this may be causing you sir.

From,
Luna Lovegood.

John William wrote:
Miss Luna Lovegood

Once again i sympathize with your prevailing circumstance. Thanks for your concern. As per the risk involved in chosen another partner as i have explained to you, I am going to hold on and wait for you. Meanhile I want you to write to the bank immediately and request for extension of date.

I hope you understand what i mean.

Thanks

John

John William wrote:
> Miss Luna Lovegood.
>
>
>
> =A0How are you today?I wish to
> comfirm from you about your mother buriel,hope every thing was
> succesfull also how is your Father?please have you come back from the
> buriel,keep me posted as soon as possible.
>
>
>
> Thanks
>
> John William

((He emailed me similarly three more times before the dates I was supposed to return on. >.< ))

Luna wrote:
Dear Mr. William,

I am sorry for my unexpected leave of absence. I did not anticipate of course the tragic nature of my mother's death. Even now as I write this email, the pain is near to my heart. My mother was a truly wonderful woman, and I do not truly know how I can go on in the absence of her wonderful spirit. Yet life must go on, the threstals have appeared to me now after all, and encourage one to strength.

I am back in America now, and you can reach me if you want on my cellphone. Sometimes during the day, I will be with the Salem Witches' Institute, and may not be able to answer, but I will see. It's important for me to keep busy, as being busy keeps away sorrow.

My mother's funeral had a very nice procession, yes. Many friends of the family came to the procession, even Professor Dumbledore, my favorite professor from the university was there. He presented the speech and it was very well received. My mother had very much influence and many people were there. My father was heartbroken of course over this, but he will live on, I am assured.

I know this matter of business has been very important to you, but until now have not been able to contact either you or the bank due to my travels. I hope this has not caused too many problems for you; but obviously I myself would not have wished this to happen.

Oh, and also, if it is not too much trouble - a friend of mine told me that once she was approached by a stranger on email to conduct a financial transaction. The man asked for money from her, yet never sent her what she was promised. Where I am from, we call this type of person a "nargel." Please, Mr. William, promise me that you are not a nargel. If you were a nargel and stole from me at such a tumultuous time of my life, I fear I might die of grief.

Love,
Luna Lovegood.

John William wrote:
Miss Luna Lovegood

Thanks for your e-mail,May the almight God recieve your Lovely Mother Spirit in His Kingdom"May She rest in perfect peace Amen" thanks for your understanding and willingness to assist me in this mutual benefit transaction.I am assuring you that,you will not regret for any thing you spend in this business.We will rap the fruit of our labour as we complete this business.

Meanwhile,I want you to forward the documents to the bank as they required also inform them that,you will forward the Affidavit to them as soon as posible,right now, i have procure the affidavits on your behalf in the cost of $675.which will be given to me on Tuesday next week and i will forward to you.

Please forward the Death and Deposite Certificate to the bank including your ID as per they request to enable them start processing for the transfer.

Thanks and God Blessed
Sincerely
Mr.John William

NB.PLEASE SEND ME YOUR DIRECT MOBILE NUMBER.

John William wrote:
Luna,

Please update me once you have forwarded the documents to the bank.Let the bank know that the affidavit will be forwarded to them on Tuesday.

As you know there has been delay on this, though not your fault, we have to hasten up.

I assure you that once we have successfuly completed this transaction we will share the fund at the agreed ratio.

Thanks

John Williams.

((Just felt like letting him stew for two days))

Luna wrote:
Dear John Williams,

Unfortunately it seems a virus has gotten onto my computer these past two days, keeping me from getting online. And unfortunately, it has deleted many of my previous emails. Do you have the address for the bank for me to send this information to?

Love,
Luna Lovegood.

John William wrote:
Miss Luna

I am very sorry for the incident of the virus,Meanwhile i have only the bank email address which is: [email protected], Please forward those documents to them and update me immediately.note we have delay this transaction morethan expected,listen you need to get intouch with me and also give your urgent attention for us to complete this transaction.

Write to the bank with the email addrees above and imform them why you never contact them for pass few days now, also i will be sending the Affidavits for you upon the next reply,i will get the document today from the Barrister as we have aggreed,also keep me update once you forwards those document to the bank.

Thanks
Mr,John William.

((To bank))
Luna wrote:
Attention Bank Officials,

This is Luna Lovegood; I am not aware if you recall my case regarding the transfer of funds, however, due to some real life emergencies involving a death in the family, I was forced to delay my involvement in the matter. Attached are the death and deposit certificates requested, as well as a copy of my own idea.

Sincerely,
Luna Lovegood.

bank wrote:

ATTENTION, MISS LUNA LOVEGOOD.

IN RESPECT OF YOUR EMAIL WHICH WE RECIEVED TODAY IN OUR OFFICE.

WE WISH TO ACKNOWLDGE THE RECIEPT UPON THE DOCUMENTS WE RECIEVE FROM YOU.NOW WE ARE GOING TO START PROCESSING FOR THE TRANSFER OF YOUR FUND,WHICH YOU ARE ADIVSE TO ACTIVATE YOUR ACCOUNT WITH THE TOTAL SUM OF $2,300.00[TWO THOUSAND THREE HUNDRED UNITED DOLLARS]SINCE THE ACCOUNT WAS DORNANT AS UNSERVICEABLE FUND.

ALSO WE WAIT TO RECIEVE AN AFFIDAVITS OF CLAIM WHICH MOST BE ISSUE FROM THE FEDERAL HIGH COURT OF NIGERAIN TO PROOF THAT YOU ARE THE RIGHTFULL OWNERSHIP OF THIS FUND.$7.5M. [SEVEN MILLION FIVE HUNDRED THOUSAND UNITED DOLLARS].SEND TO US THE ABOVE AMOUNT TO ENABLE PROCEED WITH THE TRANSACTION ALSO NOTE THAT YOU HAVE ONLY [5] FIVE WORKING DAYS TO COMPLETE YOUR TRANSACTION.

FINALLY,WE NEED YOUR CONTACT ADDRESS, YOUR HOUSE/OFFICE ADDRESS AND YOUR MOBILE PHONE NUMBER FOR FASTER COMMUNITCATION.

YOURS IN SERVICE,
ANTHONY ISUNUOYA
EQUITY BANK INT'L .PLC

((Forwarded to mugu))
Luna wrote:
Dear John William,

This was the response from the bank after I sent them my ID and the documents you stated. Just wanted to keep you informed, and wondering what the right step to do next is.

~Luna Lovegood~

John William wrote:
Miss Luna Lovegood

Thank for your urgent attention,thank God we are in progresing with the bank,the content is well noted to me,as a maater of urgency, i have seen the amount for the re-activating of the account as the bank sent to you,now we are going to make the payment as they said.

I will give out $1,300 while you send them the balance of $1000.00 how do you see that? I will give this money to an attorney who procure the affidavits for us Barr. Sanni Sannusi,to send it to them.while you are advise to inform the bank that a friend in Nigeria will bring $1,300.00 to they office on Monday,thesame time i want you to send the balance to them.

Find the attached a copy of the ownership Certificate[Affidavit] and forward to the bank,note i spent $670.00 to secure this documents on your behalf.please do not let my effort down once this money gets to your account.also do let me know when you be sending the money to the bank.

Get back to me as soon as possible

Sincerely

Mr.John William

Luna wrote:
Dear John William,

Thank you for getting back to me. Unfortunately, I see one problem with that document. While I am staying in the US for the summer, I am actually a citizen of the United Kingdom. I hope it will not be too difficult on your part to correct this, and hope this will not be too much of a problem for you.

Also, I am willing to send the money to the bank, but am still somewhat confused on how it is proposed that I do so.

Sincerely,
Luna Lovegood.

John William wrote:
Miss Luna Lovegood,

Thank you once again for your urgent response.I understood you clearly.Please note that we had to use the United States as the bereaved was a Citizen of the United States so this suits the whole thing. There is no problem whatsoever in this. Go ahead and submit it to the bank.Since you can provide an account from the United State.

I am going to send the money on Monday$1,300.00.Meanwhile you should send the balance to them.also write to the bank demand how you are to send the money to them.

Thank and God Bless.
Mr.John William

John William wrote:
Dear Miss Luna,

How are you today? i wish to informed you that i will be sending my friend this morning to the bank to deposit the $1,300.00 as i promise to come up with.

Please have you contacted the bank regards how you are to send the money to them,please note that we need urgent attention toward this transaction to enable us achieve the success of this business.

Keep me update once you send the money to them.

Sincerely

Mr.John William

((To Bank))
Luna wrote:
Attention: ANTHONY ISUNUOYA

Attached is the final required piece of documentation requested. I am prepared to transfer the necessary funds to this bank account, however, am not certain how I am to go about doing this. Please send instructions so that I may expedite this transaction.

Sincerely,
Luna Lovegood.

Bank wrote:

ATTENTION, MISS LUNA LOVEGOOD.

IN RESPECT OF YOUR EMAIL WHICH WE RECIEVED TODAY IN OUR OFFICE.

TO ACKNOWLDGE THE RECEIPT,I WISH TO INFORM YOU THAT THE DOCUMENTS HAS BEEN RECIEVED AND WE ARE PROCESSING FOR THE TRANSFER,WE ARE GOING TO SEND YOU OUR ELECTRONIC FORM OF TRANSFER ONCE THE ACCOUNT IS ACTIVATED TO FILE AND RETURN.

YOU ARE ADVISE TO SEND THE MONEY WITH THE NAME CLERK BELOW,THE ASSISTANTE ACCOUNTING MANAGER,THROUGH MONYGRAMM TRANSFER OR WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER.

RECIEVER NAME: VITUS EKENE

PAYMENT LOCATION:NIGERIA

TEXT QUESTION:WHAT COLOUR

TEXT ANSWER: BLUE.

AMOUNT.......

MCTN..............

THEN SCANN A COPY OF THE PAYMENT SLIP VIA ATTACH MAIL FOR COMFIRMATION.

YOURS IN SERVICE,
ANTHONY ISUNUOYA
EQUITY BANK INT'L .PLC

((To John William Directly))
Quote:
Dear John William,

I'm alright, still a bit depressed from the death of my mother, but I will live on. I have made contact with the bank via email yesterday, still no response from them, however.

The only thing is, I'm sorta nervous about this transaction. Nothing against you as a person, I'm sure you're a very trustworthy, intelligent individual. It's just, I've heard some stories from friends about people pretending to be bank staff or whatever then stealing their money under false pretenses. Where I come from, we call such a person a "nargel".

You see, I only really had a few thousand dollars to live on this summer, most of it I spent already going back to the UK for my mom's funeral. I'm willing and able to send the bank the $1,000, but I need you to ensure me that you are sincere and are not a nargel, and will not keep this money for yourself.

Please sir, I've already sent you my identity; can you simply send a picture of yourself holding a sign saying "Luna Lovegood, do not worry. I promise I am not a nargel." This will ensure to me that you are a man of your word and are telling the truth, and I would send the money to the bank immediately afterwards.

I am sorry if this inconveniences you in any way, but I am just very nervous about this whole thing.

Love,
Luna Lovegood.

John William wrote:
Miss. Luna Lovegood,

Thank you for your reply,i most tell you that death is inivitable before every human being,you should have courage by now"as a matter of urgency the content of your e-mail was well noted to me.

Listen,I am not after your money,i have made every contact with you as my partnership and friend since we started this transaction,also we have forwarded all the neccessary requirement documentary to the bank to transfer this fund to your account which we are in progress with them. i assure you once more that,this is legally free transaction,i required you atmost confidentiality untill this fund gets to your account.

Have my words,you will not regret for having this business with me,I understand your present situation in USA.nothing will happen to you, i believe this fund will be in your account before Tuesday next week once we have furnish the bank every requirement they need to complete the transfer.

In nutshell,have my words and find the attached a copy of my passport which you demand for, also make sure you follow the bank instruction and send the money to them once you recieved the comfirmation of your e-mail from them.

Finally,I will send my friend tomorow morning to the bank to balance the $1,300.00 also i wish you could send the money to them to start processing for the transfer immediately.

Thanks and God Blessed you.
Sincerely
Mr.John William.

((dodgy-looking passport attached))

John William wrote:
Miss Luna

How are you today,I wish to informed you that,I wll be sending Barrister Sanni Sannusi this morning to the bank to deposit the $1,300 as i told you in my last e-mail also i want to know if you have send the money to them.

Thanks and God Bless
Mr.John William

Luna wrote:
Dear John William,

I'm still really nervous about this whole thing. $1000 is really about all I have left for the rest of the summer; I had to spend a lot of money unexpectedly on my sudden travel back to the UK. Tickets bought at the last minute are NOT cheap. So I'm very nervous that if I send this money to the bank, and I don't get a return, that I'd have nothing to live on for the rest of the summer, and so I'd have to return and be a burden on my father, who is already quite distressed over my mother's death.

Mr. William, please, you are making me very nervous. I asked you to do one simple thing - to have a photograph of yourself HOLDING A SIGN SAYING "Luna Lovegood, do not worry. I promise I am not a nargel." This was to ensure that you are an honest man; anyone can have a passport, John, even nargels can. I just wanted this from you to prove your trustworthiness. And since you seem reluctant to prove yourself, I'm getting really nervous.

Please Mr. William, I'm not asking for much; just for proof of your trustworthiness, then I'd be more then happy to send the bank the money. I just need to know you are not a nargel.

Write back soon.

Sincerely,
Luna Lovegood.

John William wrote:
Luna,

I am seeing that you want distroyed all my effort,Meanwhile do you want me to take picture right now having this sign in my hand.If you true trust yourself as a human being why not have my words,with due respect i want you to go ahead and send the money to the bank because i have paid them $1,300.00 this morning as i promised.

You do not have to worry Miss luna Lovegood.I have sent to you all the neccessary documentary regards this and you can stop at this stege, because we have be committed with the bank also the bank have assure me that,they are going to transfer the money to you once the ccount is activated.I have proof myself by sending you a copy of my international passport.please i do not want anything to happen to this money Miss Luna''You are delay this transaction in a way it might cuase a big problem to me.

In nutshell,please feel free and send the money to them,I know your feelings but have my words you will not regret for this.

Secondly,I do not understood you by HOLDING A SIGN SAYING "Luna Lovegood,why not you trust me in person i know you never met me before neither see me but i have this trust to work with you also have you ever thought about me ensuring such amount of money in you account.please let us have free mind and rip the fruit of our labour together which we are working for over two weeks now.

Please stop discusing before people,and if you are not interested update me so that i will look for some one who has thesame surename with you to complete this transaction since the bank have put your name in a system for processing.I know that to continue this transaction with another person,the person most bear thesame surename with you.

Please get back to me if you are no longer interested,because i am not going to beg you again.i am not playing child's game with you take note of that.This is business i be wait to have i trust worth person who will assist me get the money transferred to his/her account for some thing now.

Note at my possition in this country i can not do that by HOLDING A SIGN SAYING "Luna Lovegood,if you are not interest and trust me over this deal please forget about it.but be warn if your friend is currupting your mind over this mutual benefit business.

Awaiting for your urgent reply.
John

Luna wrote:
John,

It's not a matter of money. I have the money ready to send. I just ... sort of have a bad feeling about this. I'm sure you're a good person, but please, try to think from my perspective. One of my friends was robbed by a nargel online who claimed to be a bank employee and lawyer, very similar to this situation. I kept my word and never told her about this transaction - she brought up the matter on her own, and out of respect, I never brought you up at all to her.

But it has gotten me very worried. Please, John, I want to trust you, but you need to help me. It would not take very long, if you are an honest man, to pose with a sign telling me I can trust you. "Luna Lovegood, do not worry. I promise I am not a nargel." is a very simple message, and I hope you can honestly say such is true. I'm really sorry, John, but you're making me very nervous. I don't see how a truly honest, trustworthy man would turn down such a simple way of proving himself trustworthy. I don't understand why you can't do this simple thing for me. It would only take a minute or so to make the sign and to have someone take your picture, and a few hours at most to have it developed and scanned, or no time at all with a digital camera.

Please John, we've both worked so hard on this transaction. Don't delay things by being stubborn. Just prove to me that you are not a nargel, and I will send the funds to be bank immediately afterwards. You have my solemn word.

Love,
Luna Lovegood.

John William wrote:
Luna,

With deeply regret to introduce you into this transaction because you want all my effort to be invain,but i assured you it will not work for you.as i told you that i am not going to beg you to further this transaction with me.

Once more,I will not because of you having trust over me, because you want to send one thousand dollars to the bank for our both business which you promise to be honest with me.Now i have send $1,300 to the bank and you want to disapoint me.why? Miss Luna.

Ok,I will look for another person after 24hours you do not send the money to them.Because my money is already in the bank as i was writing this e-mail to you.

Please help me and do one favour to me,I need your confidentiality over this matter and talkless with people because you are the only persone that know about this transaction.

Regards.

Luna wrote:
John,

I have not betrayed you. I have spoken of this transaction to no one. My friend simply told me of a time -she- was robbed by a nargel, I told her nothing about you. I just wanted to have your word that you yourself are not a nargel who would do such a thing to me. Please, Mr. William, it is not such a difficult thing to take a picture of yourself with a sign. You could have already easily have done this by now.

I'm afraid you are making me very uneasy by refusing to do this very simple thing to prove that you are a man of honor, and not a nargel. Mr. John William, it is you who is delaying this transaction, not I. As soon as you send me this photo I have requested, I will send the money to the bank immediately, I just want to make sure it is not going to be stolen. Please try to understand. By not cooperating, it is -you- who is holding up this transaction, not I.

I'm afraid that, unless you do this simple, easy thing I have asked, I cannot send the bank the money, as I am afraid that you may be a nargel. If you do not do this, unfortunately, the deal is off.

Sincerely,
Luna Lovegood.

John William wrote:
Luna,

You are making things too defficult for this transaction,Let me repeat myself to you,I am not nargel and i will not take it light any longer when you try to accuse me of being a nargel.

If you are not interested to further this transaction with me,i will not beg you again.because you are not seriouse towards this business with me.Even i am no longer confortable to have this transaction with you because since you are having doubt mind, you might change tomorrow once this fund gets to your account,your friend can also advise you to run away with all the money.please keep your $1,000.00 since you do not trust me, you want my picture carry a sign right?that is not business.

I can look for another person, just mind your business and forget about this transaction.thanks once more for your effort i can look for another person who can trust me and i trust him.by the way,if you can trust me by words or phone,have you ever thought that i can get some ones picture and send to you say this is me?but after all this what matter in business is trust Miss Luna.ask you Father about this thought.Business is all about trust and risk.My Father teach me this.

Thanks for all your effort.

Mr.John William.

So, -sigh-. I actually thought I'd get a trophy, but the lad was just too god-damn stubborn to do one simple little task. Any suggestions for advise on future baits of the sort?

Last edited by Bokku Ga Kira on Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:32 am; edited 1 time in total
MissDirection
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Write him back and tell him he's obviously a nargel, otherwise he would have given you the pic you wanted. Very Happy

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

For reference, here's the latest email, that I just sent to him.

Luna wrote:
John,

Quite honestly, I'm starting to lose it with you! Maybe it's just all the stress from my mom's death, I don't know. But you are REALLY starting to sound like a nargel right now. I asked you to do one VERY SIMPLE, VERY EASY thing, and you flat-out refused to do it! It would take you no time or effort at all, really, but you refused me my simple request just to prove that you were in fact an honest man. A chivalrous man would understand that I'm undergoing a LOT of stress right now, and be willing to oblige such a simple request, even if it might seem a bit odd to you.

How DARE you presume to know things about my father? You've never met him before, how could you possibly claim to know what he's like? My father is a businessman, yes, the owner of a major newspaper in the UK. But, when he does business with someone, he KNOWS WHO THEY ARE, he can look at their past records and know that they are good, honest people, not nargels. All I had from you, John, was text. And all I'm asking for is a simple picture.

Please John, it's you who are delaying this transfer, not me. I'm in tears now of stress because of YOU. I just want this transaction to be done with, please!

Listen, I'll make you a deal. How about I wire you an extra $300, straight to you for your keeping if you send me the pictures, alright? That should far more than cover any trouble or expenses you have, so you have NO reason to deny my request anymore. That's right, just send the picture, and I'll send $300 straight to you, through any method of your choosing, and put $1000 RIGHT into the bank.

Just take the picture, please. Prove to me that you really are an honest man, and not a nargel.

Yours,
Luna Lovegood.
MissDirection
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:44 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Good stuff. I'm loving the Loony Luna angle. Very Happy

My bet is he comes back calling you untrustworthy. If he does, don't let that insult pass! As far as you're concerned, you've bent over backwards to send him this money, and it's his obstinance that's keeping it all out of his hands. Wink

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

MissDirection wrote:
Good stuff. I'm loving the Loony Luna angle. Very Happy

My bet is he comes back calling you untrustworthy. If he does, don't let that insult pass! As far as you're concerned, you've bent over backwards to send him this money, and it's his obstinance that's keeping it all out of his hands. Wink

Lol, alright. Well, thanks for the encouragement/advice.

I'm still not holding up much hope for this guy going through with it though. >.<
MissDirection
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:48 am Reply with quoteBack to top

To my mind, it doesn't matter if you don't get a trophy, you can still keep him running. Twisted Evil

Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well, there are some lads who just won't do the holding-a-sign thing. This is one of the classic baiting modalities that has been around for years, and as a result this is a big warning signal to many lads: demand to send a "holding-a-sign" photograph is correlated with "no money". although there are always exceptions!

As this is relatively early in the bait, I think you risk losing him if you keep pressing him for the sign. after all, a victim who raises the question of legitimacy right at the very moment of making the payment is a very difficult one. it looks very clearly like you are trying to avoid the payment (which in fact you are, but you don't want him to know this).

Maybe you should back down and ask him something like "if no sign, then what can you do to convince me that you are legitimate and 100% risk free". Or just drop the sign thing and try another angle. In any event it's going to be touch and go for a while, he's already starting to worry that you are a non-paying time waster. IMO you will probably lose him if you are too demanding at this stage, but if so you can always start again with a new mugu.

As an aside, I really liked what you were doing with the tragic family death. notice how you got some comments from him about that, but nothing about witchery (or hardly anything else you have written not to do with the business). You might want to play this up much more, as it's one avenue he seems receptive to.

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating

Last edited by firehouse5 on Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:56 am; edited 2 times in total
OxygenDeprived
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 10:54 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't think you'll be getting the photo from him because he's not convinced that he is getting anything ($$) from you yet. Maybe if you had a few payments attempts that went wrong and could be blamed on him, you could then convince him that he needed to send a photo of himself with a phrase on it.

Safari N4ncy & Yeb0ah - Accra to Abidjan | Safari Safari Safari Safari Safari Barrister Stone Sand Timer 13+ months
PD Results: Safari x18
AS Results: Safari x4
Closed lad accounts x 15
Mortar x 3
Cellphone x 56 Easter Egg 2013
United Kingdom 138 sites killed
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:00 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Some lads will not do a photo no matter how well you bait them. I don't know whether it's the cost, the hassle, that the request strikes them as atypical of a real victim, or a combination of all the above. Some with previous experience of baiters will see the request and know they're not going to get paid. The fact that your lad has not dropped you straight away makes me think that is not the case here, but he could just be hoping he'll be proved wrong.

If you want to keep him, I'd move off the trophy hunt for a bit and let him ease back into his comfort zone for a little while, than ask him for another type of trophy. If you're just after the pic, drop him and try another lad. Sadly, there are plenty more.

Edit: beaten to it by firehouse. Smile

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
Bokku Ga Kira
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Alright, thanks for all the advise everyone. ^^

So, alright, if he doesn't seem compliant in his next response, I suppose I'll just drop the whole picture issue, and have Luna claim she was just really stressed from her mother's death and so lashed out at him. And then send fake receipts, and see where it goes from there.
Bokku Ga Kira
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Just got a response.

xD

John William wrote:
Luna,

I am very sorry,alos i happy you said Ypou Father does business with trust not Picture this shows to that he is really Business Man.Can you do me one favour atlsee to tell you that I know waht I am doing,Can you bring your father into this business,Since he is a full business man.I may be mor confortable that he can handle this transaction morethan you do.Beacuase this is very huge amount of money.

Please tell you Father about this transaction and give me His contact phone number or email address to call him about the deal.

Thakns

Awaiting

Looks like it's time to bring Xenophilius into things. -evil grin-
MissDirection
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

W00t! Congrats, Bokku. Very Happy

Maybe in a couple of days, you could send him a doctored pic of someone else giving you the pic you want? After all, it is "standard business practice" here.

Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

-Nod-

Thanks for the support/advice everyone. You guys are awesome. ^^

My reply, possibly the last email from Luna, here:

Luna wrote:
Dear Mr. John William,

I'm sorry to have yelled at you like I did in my last post. My mother's death really has really shaken me emotionally it seems, but still, it was wrong to yell at you like that. Perhaps you are right, perhaps my father would be better suited for this line of work. I'm a history major myself, business always got me really stressed to think about, and this matter really proves it. I think you really would work much better with my father. Again, I'm sorry for yelling at you before, that was wrong of me.

I've emailed my father, explaining the situation. The time in England is early afternoon now, I think, so he should be getting it soon. I'm going to assume he'll accept you though, he's the type to never pass up a promising business deal. It'd probably be better if you contacted him on his personal, rather than business email, so as to get right through to him.

His personal email is: [email protected]

Please, feel free to contact him. I think you are right in stating that it would be better to do business with him. I'm an emotional wreck right now, and just really want a shoulder to cry on really badly, someone to care about me. I feel so alone here at the Salem Witch's Institute. The other witches here barely even know me, but they've been so kind, but I just feel awful even so.

Sorry, you've worked so hard, and don't need to hear this. I'm just really sorry about all the trouble I've caused for you, and I hope you don't hate me for all this. I hope you have better luck with my father,

Sincerely,
Luna Lovegood.

EDIT: I hope I did a good enough job of impersonating a pseudo-PMS Luna Lovegood right there. xD

And actually, this turn of events is quite good, because, now I can actually afford to call him myself without worrying about voice changers and the like.

Oh, and come to think of it, now that the main issue has been dealt with, it might be more appropriate to put this in the "publish your work" section. Sorry for any hassle to the mods. >.<
Colonel Anarchy
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:51 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I'm enjoying every minute of this bait so far. Very Happy You've developed Luna into an extremely well-realised and convincing character, and while you may not have pried a photo out of him (yet!) I think there's some great signature material in there.

Scammer wrote:
I am not nargel and i will not take it light any longer when you try to accuse me of being a nargel.

Great stuff -- looking forward to more!

Palm Wino Aficionado

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:16 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Well well well... if he wants to talk to the father, you have DEFNITITELY not scared him off completely. Sounds like there's much more baiting left in this one. In addition to whatever angle you might take with Xeno, i would certainly advise that Luna should keep writing to him, after all he's been so kind and sensitive. maybe she'll even fall in love...........

TV StarMortar dozens Closed lad accounts Not as many piggies as you.
The details you sent do not match, check your records and reply immediate. I have forced to wait in office for two hours with out eating
smartbomb
** Retired **

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:47 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good bait so far - time to adapt your bait to suit this new turn of events.

Trophies are unpredictable. Some baiter ask brazenly in the first reply and hit upon a crowd-pleaser, desperate to satisfy his mugu. Others have to do months of spade work to get a naff chop job.

Its not your baiting skills that is hindering your trophy, but the laziness of your lad.

Keep at em.

Ivory Coast x8 United Kingdom x49 Spain x5 Nigeria x6 United States x3 Switzerland Netherlands x3 Turkey Estonian Flag x10 Malaysia x4 Ukraine Denmark Ghana x2 Russia Indonesia Thailand Germany France x2 Benin x4 Togo United Arab Emirates South Africa x2 Australia Canada Iraq Flag China United Nations
pony Mortar x7 Closed lad accounts a few
Click Here for Free Wigs !

i am no more a baby for going through this kind of stress for 200 pounds. : Hammed - Another satisfied MT7N S3cur3 customer.
l will never lose my leg in Jesus name.......ameeeeeeeeeeeeeeen l can see that you are totally MAD, FUCK YOU TOO!!!!! : Mr Yusuf
GeorgeBush
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:09 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Nice work.

Since he already sent his own $1300, you could ask him for proof of that. Not quite as blatant as a sign, and it shows TRUST! You can then perhaps use his own excuses against him as to why you can't send proof of the money you {didn't} send. Maybe it will make him work a bit, he seems to want to believe...

Easter Egg 2013
H_Potter
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:06 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Good stuff, my main baiting character is Harold James Potter of Hogwash, Connecticut so I appreciate the name. I'll send you $1,000 (100% Risky Free, of course) through Western Union if you can somehow introduce the crumple-horned snorkack into the bait somehow!

"Why did you send me a fake money do not pay with me i did not have any business with you" - Barrister Tony Lehman
ctvdoel
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:32 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Quote:

YOU ARE ADVISE TO SEND THE MONEY WITH THE NAME CLERK BELOW,THE ASSISTANTE ACCOUNTING MANAGER,THROUGH MONYGRAMM TRANSFER OR WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER.

Heh....I know it's just the bad english...but you might be able to salvage this by sending a (phoney of course) money order receipt of $1,000 to "CLERK BELOW" (time for a photoshop job), as mentioned in the bank's reply. I know what the message meant...it would just be a away to get you back in the game.

Luna should reply back to John...why did the bank tell you to make the money order out to "CLERK BELOW"....is this a scam....I think you can take it from their. Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic