SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

New Laptop Advice

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Strongside
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Ok I need your advice I got a new laptop two months ago and I broke it Embarassed . I am thinking of getting this it has good specs and a 500 gb hard drive Shocked http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaCSG/jsp/productPage.do?service=EU&PRODUCT_ID=145052. Would you buy this?

You claim to be pure and never indulged in Juju, we shall see soon who will come beging for forgiveness, I cast you into the deapest hell and that is where you belong you Lunatic Monkey - Dr. James Carter

DIE NOW DIE NOW DIE NOW WITH YOUR WHOLE FAMILY USELESS MAN - Thambora Vwuku

what is ur problem u what do you do in life? pease dont worry me again otherwise u will die i wil reprot this mails to my boss. You are warned - Tony Kovan
Ivor Grimey Colon
"Trophy slut"

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I Get "This Product is not available in your region" when I click that link. Any chance you could post the specs up?

"If your bait does not cause an ethics thread, you are not baiting hard enough." - YeaWhatever

Pimp My Number | A Donation a Day keeps Nurse Nasty at bay
simpsonman3000
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

what's wrong with the laptop you broke?

maybe i can fix it or find someone who can...

HEY YOU OLD DISEASED SLAPPER I KNOW YOU F**K ANYTHING AND SUCK EVERYTHING HEARD YOUR C**T IS SO BIG NOW EVEN A HORSE CANT FILL IT!!! ENJOY IT AND HOPE YOU GETS AIDS YOU DISEASED MUGA BASTARD!!!- Some lad got pissed when I called him a slut.
Bruce Banner
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^ simpson, I've got a lappy that no longer charges because something broke in that power jack. How hard/expensive is that to get fixed, typically, on an older Dell?
Strongside
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here are the specs It may even run crysis on medium

Name Toshiba Satellite A200-23Y,15.4 TruBrite WXGA, Core2Duo T5750 2.0GHz/2MB/667FSB,ATI-M HD 2600 512MB/HM 1279MB,3072(2048 + 1024)MB DDR2-667,500(250+250)GB,HD-DVD,WLAN 802.11N,Bluetooth,Vista HP/4xUSB2.0/S-Video/1394/HDMI/Card Reader/1.3M cam/Expr/2.72kg
Processor type : Intel® Centrino® Duo processor technology featuring Intel® Core?2 Duo Processor T5750 ; clock speed : 2.0 GHz ; front side bus : 667 MHz ; 2nd level cache : 2 MB
Chipset Intel® GM965 Express
Memory standard : 3,072 (2,048 + 1,024) MB ; maximum expandability : 4,096 MB ; technology : DDR3 RAM
Video chip type : ATI Mobility Radeon? HD 2600 supporting HyperMemory? technology ; memory amount : 512 MB dedicated VRAM (up to 1.279 MB total available graphics memory using HyperMemory? technology with 2 GB system memory)
Display modes size : 15.4 ; type : Toshiba TruBrite® WXGA ; internal resolution : 1280 x 800
HDD capacity : 400 (250 + 250) GB ; certification : S.M.A.R.T.
Optical Storage HD DVD-ROM drive
Audio speakers : built-in stereo speakers ; manufacturer : Toshiba Bass Enhanced Sound System
I/O ports 5-in-1 Bridge Media slot (supports SD? Cards, Memory Stick®, Memory Stick Pro?, MultiMedia Card?, xD-Picture Card?)
Battery lithium-ion
PCMCIA 1 x ExpressCard slot
USB Port Bar 4 x USB 2.0
Communications Bluetooth? ; Wi-Fi? Wireless LAN (802.11a/b/g/n) ; international V.92 modem (56 Kbps data and 14.4 Kbps fax); Ethernet LAN (10BASE-T/100BASE-TX)
Connectivity 1 x DC-in ; 1 x VGA ; 1 x RJ-11 ; 1 x RJ-45 ; 1 x TV-out (s-video) ; 1 x i.LINK® (IEEE 1394) ; 1 x external microphone ; 1 x headphone (stereo) ; 1 x HDMI
AC Adapter 100/240 V
IrDA -
Keyboard keys : 87 ; Windows keys : 2
Pointing Device Dual mode Pad
Security Kensington Cable Lock
Fits notebook W x D x H : 362 x 267.8 x 33.5 (front) / 39.3 (rear) mm
Weight 2.72 kg
Operating System Genuine Windows® Vista® Home Premium Edition
Bundled software Toshiba Bluetooth? Monitor ; Toshiba Disc Creator ; Toshiba User s Manual ; Norton Internet Security? 2007 (includes free Internet updates for 90 days) ; Ulead® DVD MovieWriter® for TOSHIBA ; Toshiba Value Added Package ; Supervisor Password Utility ; Toshiba Assist ; Toshiba DVD Player ; Microsoft® Works 8.5 (with Office Home and Student 2007 Trial) ; Chicony Camera Assistant Software ; Connectivity Doctor ; ConfigFree? ; Genuine Windows Vista® Home Premium Edition Recovery DVD-ROM
Bundled Accessories AC adaptor
Warranty 2-year international warranty
LINK http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/cgi-bin/ToshibaCSG/jsp/productPage.do?service=EU&PRODUCT_ID=145052
Color silver / black
Camera integrated 1.3 Megapixel

You claim to be pure and never indulged in Juju, we shall see soon who will come beging for forgiveness, I cast you into the deapest hell and that is where you belong you Lunatic Monkey - Dr. James Carter

what is ur problem u what do you do in life? pease dont worry me again otherwise u will die i wil reprot this mails to my boss. You are warned - Tony Kovan
simpsonman3000
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@tony

it broke in the actual CPU, or the charger?

im not sure how much it would cost or the difficulty, sounds like you need a new one or go to a repair place

if it doesnt work, you can always harvest it for parts Smile

HEY YOU OLD DISEASED SLAPPER I KNOW YOU F**K ANYTHING AND SUCK EVERYTHING HEARD YOUR C**T IS SO BIG NOW EVEN A HORSE CANT FILL IT!!! ENJOY IT AND HOPE YOU GETS AIDS YOU DISEASED MUGA BASTARD!!!- Some lad got pissed when I called him a slut.
Bruce Banner
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

The place you plug the power cord into broke. I'm not sure what it's called... so I can't charge the battery or just run it off of an outlet. It's most likely on the motherboard. I haven't ever gutted a laptop, so I'm not sure. I'll probably take it in to the place down the street sometime this week... I'm hoping it won't cost more than $80, because if it does, it's frankly not worth it.
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:12 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@strongside, it will run Crysis but that ATI 2400 is very underpowered nowadays so medium graphics settings may prove to be pretty painful. Crysis even pushes modern crossfired/SLI'd cards so don't expect very good performance unless you really drop the settings.

edited to add: The CPU aint really up to Crysis either, 4MB of L2 cache would be better.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
simpsonman3000
419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Tony

I have no idea. Try to get it repaired.

I thought it was maybe a virus or something... I have no idea how to do computer mechanics work...

sorry

DrWho
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:45 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Laptops are not easily upgraded. They are so small and generate so much heat that they have to be designed to run on the ragged edge of heat stroke. Parts are custom designed.

But it sounds like you broke the female power connector on the computer. It should be a standard part and I would guess that just soldering a new one in place would work. The repair shop should be able to do it. If not, I bet you could even just hard wire the power cord to the laptop if you are a little bit inclined. Of course you lose the portability.

United Nations Mortar x12
"To Serve Man"
Strongside
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:39 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@rodus its the <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NdBlzVZxFg&feature=related">HD 2600 pro</a> Smile and its overclockable.

happytimes
** SUSPENDED **

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:40 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you are satisfied with that laptop, it is ok.
Rodus
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The 2600 isn't much better I'm afraid. But forget Crysis, most other things will be fine.

u can keep sending money to Gomer and leave me alone - Agent Smith cracks up

Pith Helmet Lou1s Mar1on - Lagos to Accra (satellite IP) - "so, what i need to do to get out of these place?"
Sand Timer - 18 mths: Louis

starstar

The*Catb1ngo Hotel*
*My Church*

pony pony pony Nurse Nastys Audi TT Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mortar x23 Closed lad accounts
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic