SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Food/Cooking/Beverages... and Cheese!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
full auto
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:31 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Sorry, not much of a gardening nut, more of a cooking nut. What with the lack of threads about cooking here, figured I'd post one up (this was posted in the newer PWT... but the recipe has been slightly revised and now has pictures).

Cheese Fried Mushrooms: Pull stems from mushrooms so as to create a cavity in the mushroom, fill it with a small chunk of Rembrandt extra aged gouda cheese, cut cheddar cheese into small bits then sprinkle over the mushrooms as well, season lightly with garlic and lawry's seasoned salt, sprinkle a bit heavier with lemon pepper. Place filled mushroom cavities upward on a sheet of tin foil and transfer to the bbq. When cheese is melted it may need to be re-seasoned with lawry's and garlic a bit before served as a lot of it will run off. Pictures below:

Seal of approval

Good Times Ahead!

Brown Sugar marinade (approximated): 3.5 cups of hot water, 1/4 cup of salt (kosher is best to rub it into the pork chops), 1/4 cup of brown sugar, about 2 tablespoons of molases, about 2-3 tablespoons of teriyaki sauce. Soak Pork chops in it for 3-4 hours before grilling.

When getting pork chops to grill, lightly sprinkle with lawry's seasoning salt and garlic powder, go a bit heavier on the lemon pepper seasoning, and coat with bbq sauce appropriately as you bbq it. Pictures below:

How do you like my meat?

The bbq pork paired with a reisling wine is good stuff.

Last edited by full auto on Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Newdonym
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:36 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Those chops sound tasty.

I love food and have been known to do more than throw a pizza in the oven every once in a while.

On a very personal note. Mushrooms, eurghhh. A waste of good cheese if you ask me.

Actually, with your use of several cheeses, it looks like this has the makings of a cheese thread.
ParaNoid
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oooooh, Mushrooms AND cheese in one thread...

<fixes some popcorn and settles in> Very Happy

pony pony Closed lad accounts Goat Goat Goat Goat Sand Timer Easter Egg Easter 2015
Mortar x 4 <b>Looking for a Mentor? Click here</b>

"If I get mad at you, please just understand me. I am just being ParaNoid because I love you so much." - unknown

Visit www.scamwarners.com
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:14 am Reply with quoteBack to top

A cheese thread? Where's Tommo amd Mabel? and Otterfan? and Doc Williams?

I miss the cheese threads, they almost attained pwt status

Roast leg of lamb

1.5- 2 kg leg of lamb, New Zealand preferably,
garlic
fresh rosemary sprigs
Grapefruit or orange and lemon marmalade
Olive oil

Oven bag

Make incisions in the leg, push slivers of garlic and rosemary into cuts, rub olive oil into meat, smear thickly with marmalade

Place into floured oven bag, cook at 180C for 1 1/2 hours for medium

Watch the height of the lamb, you don't want the marmalade burning, you should get a crunchy brown sweet/garlic/rosemary skin form on the leg

I have seen people stabbed at the table for trying to get more of the crispy covering

Serve with roast spuds/kumara/onions or for something really good, roasted beetroot, steamed peas and carrots

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
full auto
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:22 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Third link is fixed so you all can look at my wonderful piece of meat. Laughing

@ Newdonym: Oh they are tasty... believe me. The use of two cheeses is to give the melt a little bit of texture. The gouda cheese is a little... crunchier while the regular cheddar is more soft...

As far as knowing anything about cheese I know nothing! Turn it into a cheese (and wine?) thread by all means. It's food! Very Happy

@ Irish: That sounds good. I almost got some lamb and salmon for this weekend but held back. Maybe next weekend.
sheboppe
The Sparkly Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I like the idea of a cooking/recipe thread. Very Happy

@full auto - I changed the title of the thread to better match the contents. Wink

| <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135992> Official Eater T-Shirts</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=81028> Premium Membership</a> | ScamWarners | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5413> Forum Rules</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=51> Baiting Tutorials</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=118738> Baiting Help</a> | <a href=http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=137846> FAQs</a> |

star pony pony pony Pretty Rose Pretty Rose Mortar x22
Roycropper
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:01 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I went to a barbeque saturday night, I took gammon and Carlsberg Special (I wanted to find out why I gave it up 20 years ago - I think it was the 9.0% alcohol bit).

Mindful of the fact Hayley wants me to eat fruit and veg, I ended up with a plate of gammon and strawberries, with a sausage and grape garnish...

I WLL SEND AN AFRICA WITCH TO ATTACH YOU BASTARD
You go die like bird
i started shouting HALLELUJAGOBBLE but none of them notice me immediately police arrested me due to the shouting
f*ck u asshole ur damn mother will loose ur fcuking skull brain ur brain is nothing to compare with rat f*ck ur u
MY FRIEND ALEX WAS DETAINED IN POLICE STATION
I am not happy due to the question i answered at money office. Let me tell you do not play with me ok.
Pith Helmet 10
x4 United Kingdom New Zealand Mortar Closed lad accounts Sand Timer 6Yrs Tattoo x6 Flying Monkey
Mugatu
** Retired **

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

If you like to mix your cheeses, try doing it with pesto.

3 Tbsps toasted pine nuts.
3 cups of fresh basil leaves.
6 tbsps olive oil.
2 - 4 cloves of freshly chopped garlic (depending on how much you like it!)
2/3 cup of finely grated fresh parmesan.
2 tbsps fresh finely grated pecorino.
1/2 teaspoon of salt.

Blitz the basil, pine nuts, oil, garlic and salt in a food processor until fairly smooth. Transfer to a small bowl, and stir in the grated cheeses. Season with some black pepper.

Once your pasta is cooked, spoon off 2 tbsp of the cooking water, and add it into your pesto.

Drain the pasta, then toss in a few spoonfulls of pesto, depending on the amount of pasta you've cooked. One batch of pesto makes about 6 or 7 servings.
It's best with spaghetti or linguine, and some grilled chicken goes with it too if you need some meat to chew on, just toss on some chunks at the end. Have a cold bottle of Pino Grigio to hand to wash it down. Wink

pony pony - because you deserve them! Mortar x19 Closed lad accounts Nigeria Nigeria United States United States Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Malaysia Cellphone Cellphone
Thinking of using phone modalities? Attend the 419eater university on audio baiting.

"They made me to understand you are a Fraud Star" - Ikenna.
"I like traveling very much, it is so exciting and interesting to see foreign countries. but I have never been to foreign countries." - Marina.
"I will have you now I am highly reputable businness magnet." - Pam Doh
"Sorry,i do not know you are all that: a destitute and nuts" - Ben Chris
Pachanga
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:59 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I went to a barbecue recently and had the best chicken, sausage, ribs, etc. EVER. They were made in a smoker called a green egg. Chicken usually dries a bit, but this was fantastic.

The host had a beautiful piece of granite cut and placed it around the smoker.

http://www.biggreenegg.com/

Closed lad accounts

Click here to support 419Eater.com
full auto
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ Pachanga: One recipe I had for chicken involved marinating it for a month or two... but that depends on how daring you are to try and slaughter and prepare the bird (grew up in an agricultural setting so I'm fairly used to it). Basically you start mixing the spices you are going to cook it in the feed. After about a month or two the bird is marinated from the inside out... kind of goes with the saying "you are what you eat." Laughing

@ Irish: After reviewing the dish you posted, sounds like that would go well with a sweeter wine. It's been years since I had lamb so I might go for it over this next weekend.

As far as wine choice what do you all think? Some sweeter white wines I could think of would be a riesling or a gewurztraminer, but as I recall lambs meat is red (could be wrong... was probably 10 or so the last time I had lamb)and you would probably want a red wine for that.

@ Mugatu: That pasta might have to happen soon as well. Very Happy As far as wines, I'll take your word for it as I'm still a noob at it. The girl friend and I are going wine tasting this Friday and I figured we'd take some crackers and a cheese sampler pack along just for kicks.
Pastor Frank
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:38 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Did someone say cheese thread?

Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:53 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hey pastor Frank my step daughter and the guy she married are going to Wi. in 2 weeks> I gave them a list of cheese to pick up from mars cheese castle.

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 4:56 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Here is my favorite: Cool

http://www.takarasake.com/plum-wine.php

Oh, I love to drink a glass of this while cooking. Very Happy

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
full auto
*** BANNED ***

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:13 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ As one of my finer Italian friends said "I use wine when I cook... and sometimes I put a little in the food." Laughing
Corona
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Of course! Laughing Laughing Laughing

An Eater's Sweetheart Safari
irishemigrant
** REMEMBERED **

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 6:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ fullauto

You could try a Merlot with it, or a gurwetz, even go as far as a semillion or reisling.

The lamb does come out with a sweet flavour, the garlic and rosemary give it a bit of bite as well.

Anyone for raw fish salad? coming up next on the cooking thread right after this announcement from the sponsors

http://www.scamwarners.com/ For when you want to remember why we bait

Goodbye Mike (Paranoid) Friend, confidant, partner. Till we meet again.
Personal Message From The Axeman
Easter Egg 2012 pony pony <-- Because you have earned them. Wink Goat Goat Golden Goat Mortar x8 Closed lad accounts a few x 13
Pachanga
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:05 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

@ fullauto, the last/only time I saw my father murder a chicken with an axe, I fainted. Then for weeks I tortured him by making him feel guilty.

The only food I marinate is pork chops in a nice balsamic vinegar/dijon mustard/olive oil mix with spices. And sauerbraten, of course.

Closed lad accounts

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic