SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

Anyone recognize this name: Rolland Woodman?

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
PumkinEater
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Just got a strange message on a biker website. Yes, I have a real profile there. No, I'm not going to play with the guy if you guys think he's a scammer. Can someone breakdown the funky language here and give me your thoughts? There's no IP to look up since it is not an email.

Quote:
Hi babe,
It is my pleasure reading through your profile which speak much about yourself. How are you doing? hope are doing fine. I'm Rolland Woodman, living in Acton, in Massachusetts USA. I want know you the more first as friend maybe marriage later. I'm looking for a nice woman who will always ride with me. get back to me and i will write more about myelf.

Here is my private email address: **********@yahoo.com

Take care waiting to hear from you
Rolland

I'm surprised to see it on this website so I figured I'd ask the experts opinions. If you'd like the link to see his pic, let me know.
Tsnerd
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:34 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Hi.

Others may have more info, but I'm not seeing things on Google that would lead me to believe that this is a scammer.

Have you tried running his email address through Google and seeing what hits you get?

Fakers: many, many, lots; an SSL and a couple of Resellers.
Mortar x 6
AH, AH, AH! Two little !
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:50 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It sounds a bit iffy to me. There is nothing that seems specific to your profile in what he has said, he's coming on very strong especially for a non-dating site, and the immediate shift to email is something scammers tend to like to do in case their profile on your site gets taken down quickly. If he has any of your real details, then don't bait him, but you could always try an ASEM to his email from a safe account and see whether he rises to the bait.

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
OldBaglady
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:59 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It REEKS of lad to me. Even the name. The grammar is lad too.
Quote:
I want know you the more first

LAD LAD LAD LAD LAD LAD LAD LAD LAD!!

Edit: SCAMMER SCAMMER SCAMMER SCAMMER!!
He's on two free dating sites: http://www.be2.net/free_dating/61017.html
Quote:
I was born on 8/3 and I am 5.9 ft. tall, have Dark Brown hair, and Brown eyes.

Nice, caring, honest, good Looking and with good sense of humor other thing i guiess you should find out yourself

Conveniently widowed with one child. No doubt he's working on contract in Africa.

My agent had a tribble actident.. he die on the process. ~M0s3s Ih3kw04b4

We two make compactible lovers. ~B!ll!e Vl4d!m!r J0nes

pony

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor hell a fury like a woman scorned." ~ William Congreve (1697)
Titania
Hell on wheels

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:22 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

OldBaglady wrote:
Conveniently widowed with one child. No doubt he's working on contract in Africa.

And no doubt he lost his wife tragically in a car accident 5 or 6 years ago.
Stepan Fetchit
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I like his site nickname

Quote:
tuclean4love

Sounds kind of phobic!!!

<A href="http://www.dragonladies.org/bbs">Dragonladies.org</a>
PumkinEater
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:21 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Oh - I should have said that the FIRST thing I did was to search for the email address but nothing came up. I have hung around here long enough to know how to spot them.

Like I said, I'm surprised that they found that website but then again, they recently stopped trying to charge for membership and became free to communicate on. I guess that will draw the losers every time!

You all make me laugh - great senses of humor here! I forgot to mention - apparently he just joined today and has had more than 20 profile views already. Popular guy! I would guess that many people do use the website for both friends and dating so I'm not surprised by that aspect of the email.

I did email the site to let them know they probably have a scammer in their midst. I assume site admins would have access to IP addresses so I mentioned they might want to check and see if it resolves to Nigeria.

Any way, thanks for the replies. As I said, if anyone wants his email, I'll be happy to pass it along. Who knows - maybe I will finally give it a try. You all make it look like such fun.

And I am rambling so I will shut up now! Embarassed
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:25 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Give it a try! jump_4_joy

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star
Mortar Nurse Nastys Audi TT Mc Fry

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

Elton Purple Flower Black Ribbon Flying Monkey
PumkinEater
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:15 am Reply with quoteBack to top

OK, Lotta - I did. If I get addicted to this, it's all your fault! Laughing

Set up a new fake Yahoo account (checked the headers to see what it showed first). Not worried about IP that shows. We shall see if he bites. If he does, I may have some questions if I get stumped. I don't plan on anything fancy; just play dumb and see what he does.
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 2:30 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's always good to take the first one slowly....the key is to behave as a real victim. I'm sure the love scam baiters will be happy to hold your hand and answer any questions Very Happy

There's all some great info here:
http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=125681

Nigeria bank kills South Africa Netherlands Netherlands United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Spain Spain United Arab Emirates
star star

Alan James Watson (AKA Bi Gal, AKA Big Al, AKA De Master Yoda) -2007, 2008, 2009, 2010 "Doos of the year" award winner

Frederick Fokker:
"I am giving you about a month to get your act together, i am cutting you and the eater a bit of slack"
Dec 11, 2007

PumkinEater
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:26 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Yes, I re-read through that again last night before posting. You can see from the date I joined this site, I have learned a lot. I've had the opportunity just recently to warn several people about scams and that's all from what I have learned in my reading here. Everyone here is to be commended on what they do here.
U. Sir Name
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:42 am Reply with quoteBack to top

The thing that really sucks is that there seems to be so many people out there who just can't spell, no matter where they're from.

Please take note my name is DAKORU BAKARE and not Bukake

i got your ATM card and you come and bring your information and also pay your $95 charge and collect the God dam card ok.

ok sorry i got you message, and i going to go fuck myself as you said. thanks very much.
PumkinEater
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:47 am Reply with quoteBack to top

@U. Sir Name

Don't get me started on that - it's one of my pet peeves.

By the way, the profile has been removed from the site but I did not hear anything from the admin.
Murry Guru
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I am fairly comfortable that it is a scammer, the english for a lad is very good, many of the common mistakes are not there, he uses capitals as required, except 1 occasion with an "I", he has a space after punctuation and he uses the word "I'm" instead of "am".

I would presume this is going to be a particularly smart lad, this one uses spell check Wink I have highlighted some ladish behavior that spell check will not pick up

Quote:
Hi babe,
It is my pleasure reading through your profile which speak much about yourself. How are you doing? hope are doing fine. I'm Rolland Woodman, living in Acton, in Massachusetts USA. I want know you the more first as friend maybe marriage later. I'm looking for a nice woman who will always ride with me. get back to me and i will write more about myelf.

Here is my private email address: **********@yahoo.com

Take care waiting to hear from you
Rolland

Oh, This is also a bit of a giveaway.

Pumpkin Eater, you will be fine, please do be warned that you may need to give up some of the other things you do in your spare time Wink

Ask if you need help, somebody will answer

Got info on a scam vic? PM a mod Recieved a scam warning? Say "thank you, I am a baiter"
Ruin your pets day, post their details at scamwarners
Nurse Nastys Audi TT <- I run like a girl
Mortar x12 Closed lad accounts ? not enough Twisted Evil
Goat Goat <- this one belongs to Ralph.
lotta
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 8:10 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

PumkinEater wrote:
You can see from the date I joined this site, I have learned a lot.

Embarassed

star star

Frederick Fokker:
Dec 11, 2007

PumkinEater
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 10:44 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Thanks, Murry! I was hoping you'd do your special analysis. I always enjoy them.

As for the Google search, I have to admit that I think I used Yahoo which did not return as many hits - in fact it returned nothing useful at all! I will only use Google from now on!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic