SmartFeedSmartFeed          

WELCOME - YOU ARE CURRENTLY VIEWING 419EATER AS A GUEST

By joining our community you will have the ability to post topics and access other forums reserved for members. Registration is quick, simple and absolutely free. Join our community today by clicking here.

ScamWarners.com - Internet Anti-Fraud Center - now open!

These forums are READ ONLY. Click here to register on our new forums - aff.419eater.com

The Dark Knight first 5 minutes - NO SPOILERS PLEASE!

View next topic
View previous topic

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Peanut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:35 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I wasn't sure if this belonged here, as it doesn't have to do with the first 5 minutes of the DK, but I shall repost! Embarassed

Great video, Patri0t!!

I wanted to see if anyone is showing up either in NY or Chicago for the latest "stunt" the movie is pulling. The viral site [url]CitizensforBatman.org[/url] has had a "countdown clock" running for a while, and they've just released coordinates where you'll want to be when the clock hits zero! (9PM Chicago, 10PM New York).

Some past brilliant marketing bits:

Gotham Games
http://www.whysoserious.com
http://www.ibelieveinharveydent.com

Info here:
http://www.superherohype.com/news/batmannews.php?id=7443

I have no idea what will happen, but you can bet I'm going to be in Chicago to find out!

A few months ago people followed clues left by The Joker on whysoserious.com which led them to a location down in the Loop. At the appointed time a series of black cars drove up to the crowd and people in clown masks got out, grabbed a "pedestrian" from the crowd - threw them in the car - then drove off, tires shrieking. Shocked The event was later "reported" in the "Gotham Newspaper".

I have my midnight tickets at the IMAX theater for this Thursday - dead center. Best seats in the house. I can't wait Very Happy

Ledger's Joker is going to be incredible.

Quote:
“I tell you the big surprise in the new ‘Batman’ — Heath Ledger as the Joker,” Caine told reporters in New York Tuesday. “He’s fantastic. He’s gone in a different direction than Jack (Nicholson) … Jack was like a really scary old, nasty old uncle with a funny face. Heath is like the most murderous psychopath you’ve ever seen on the screen,” Caine said.

“I was waiting for Batman’s guests, but (the Joker) had taken over the elevator with — he has seven dwarfs and… oh! wait until you see them. So, I’d never seen any of it and the elevator door opened and they came out and I forgot every bloody line. They frightened the bloody life out of me …. It’s amazing and it’s so different from Jack.”

High praise from such a great actor as Michael Caine.

Sand TimerSafariSafari(Lagos-Benin City-Lagos-Kano-Maiduguri-Lagos-Calabar): ~2,696 miles,stranded for 11 days: "I am very grateful that you have turned me into a tourist,international espionage and adventurer." ~Desmond and Churchill

Please i am advicing you to comply with the bank so that they will tranfered this fun into your account. ~Rosemary

U.S. Passport Application - 50 Pages of Fun

The Peanut Gallery - Artwork Baits "DO YOU KNOW THAT SECURITY PHOTOS IS AGAINST HUMANITY , CAN YOU TELL A RESPONSIBLE MAN TO BE CARRYING IN FISH ON THE HEAD TO TAKE A PHOTO. CAN YOU DO THAT?" - Mr. Ferguson
h.buttox
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:29 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I don't know, Even putting Jack N. and Health Ledger in the same sentence is just plain wrong. Heath could never touch Jack N, even if he came back to earth and acted for the next million years
Peanut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

We will certainly disagree then Very Happy

Sand TimerSafariSafari(Lagos-Benin City-Lagos-Kano-Maiduguri-Lagos-Calabar): ~2,696 miles,stranded for 11 days: "I am very grateful that you have turned me into a tourist,international espionage and adventurer." ~Desmond and Churchill

Please i am advicing you to comply with the bank so that they will tranfered this fun into your account. ~Rosemary

The Peanut Gallery - Artwork Baits "DO YOU KNOW THAT SECURITY PHOTOS IS AGAINST HUMANITY , CAN YOU TELL A RESPONSIBLE MAN TO BE CARRYING IN FISH ON THE HEAD TO TAKE A PHOTO. CAN YOU DO THAT?" - Mr. Ferguson
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 3:50 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I think quite a lot of people will disagree with you, h.buttox. There's rumour of a posthumous Oscar for Heath. Smile

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion
Cellphone x15 Mortar x18 Closed lad accounts 50+

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

- I am the King of Rome, and above grammar
Easter Egg
Peanut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Rolling Stone got a sneak peak at it and started the buzz - http://www.rollingstone.com/reviews/movie/16155928/review/21477208/the_dark_knight

Akai Ryu
Chuck Norris

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:23 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Actually, I think that Jack Nicholson is quite overrated as an actor and didn't do a very good or true-to-character Joker. He didn't impress me at all in the role.

I am for one really looking forward to see what Ledger brought to the character. As was mentioned on the earlier page (I forget by who, and I can't be arsed to look it up at this point), ultimately he LIVED the character which sadly did contribute to his death. I used to be involved in theatre and a number of my friends were also "method" actors--hell, I've watched my younger brother pretty much BECOME the characters he was playing. It's really intense to see happen and often leads to brilliant performances but often at high personal cost. That's because at that level, it's not really performance and really becomes a state of being.

@ h buttox--Sounds like you are making up your mind before you even see what Ledger brought to the role. So it's really a kind of bias you have set up there--because Ledger's not (or wasn't) Jack Nicholson, he can't be as good. You are going into this assuming that Ledger's (was) a bad actor and couldn't possibly be a good/better Joker than Jack Nicholson. Well...I think that's rubbish, and I heard the buzz about him doing a brilliant job in the movie even before he died.

aa419.org --dead a fake site today.

No, Akai, you're a wonderful bitch. --Reaper
h.buttox
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:18 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Whoa, definitely the most heath fans I've seen in one spot.

I was referring to their previous work, Jack N. and Heath L. i was not comparing Heath's role in Batman.

But get real, Heath DIED!!! of course that will help him get an Oscar or whatever they name them now. It's sad, but true!

Anyways, If you don't agree with me people, at least Hollywood does!

Jack N. did everything from(wow I was going to list them, but to many) Departed, Batman, and the shining...... ALMOST OVER 100 movies, and most of them are going to be classics!

Heath L. did like 10 mediocre movies, at best!
EDIT: and he wasn't even the main character those mediocre movies! HA
Peanut
Elite Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:07 am Reply with quoteBack to top

You are very judgmental h. Wink

Let's keep this on track, please.

packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:14 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

H. you forgot one of jack's best movie. "one flew over the coo coo's nest"
which he won a oscar for. but both take a back seat to the origanal Joker
Cesar Romero for the Tv series.

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:29 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

^^You are just being goofy, Romero was just running around laughing.

So far the best Joker has been Mark Hamill in the Batman Cartoon series, he lived up to the true comic book Joker like no one else. I do want to see Heath's take on it, from everything said by reviewers he plays a great Joker.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"I NO BLAME U NA DI DIRTY TOTO WEN BORN U NA IM I BLAME. CATBINGO" - Lee Wong
"I AM EQUAL TO A MENTAL RETARDED PERSON" - Alvan Ben
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony pony - for a perfect brown nosing job. Wink

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
packman
Elite Baiter

Location: In his own little world but it's ok, they know him there.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 12:32 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I liked Cesar Romero. he made me laugh.

The receipt you send is totally invisible ok-Kelly

FUCK YOU SMALL BOI YOU ARE POOR IN HEAD AND SOUL
AND GOD WILL PUNISH YOU FOR SCAMMING HOUNST MEN LIKE ME.. Segun Akintemi
Click here to support 419Eater.com
pony <-- I got a pony WAHOO Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x3
U. Sir Name
Not quite a Newb

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:27 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I read an early review that compared Heath Ledger's portrayal of the Joker to be every bit as psycopathic as Anthony Hopkins portrayal of Hanibal Lechter.

Please take note my name is DAKORU BAKARE and not Bukake

i got your ATM card and you come and bring your information and also pay your $95 charge and collect the God dam card ok.

ok sorry i got you message, and i going to go fuck myself as you said. thanks very much.
Marvinator
Master of Master Baiters

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 7:04 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

TheGreatOok wrote:
Shall I remind you of The Punisher movie staring Dolf Lundgren?

I'll see your Dolf Lundgren and raise you a Punisher with Thomas Jane

h.buttox wrote:
But get real, Heath DIED!!! of course that will help him get an Oscar or whatever they name them now. It's sad, but true!

Not True. Only ONE OTHER TIME in Oscar history has an actor received the Best Actor Oscar after his death. Peter Finch, for Network.

I read a review of the film that said when Ledger first enters onscreen at the first screening, the audience audibly gasped. I'm not going to say anything about Jack, or his many fine performances. Ledger may deserve a nomination, may not. But not because he died from a drug overdose, whether accidental or not. the Actor's Performance should stand alone, aside from the actor's personal life - or death.

New Super Church/Charity Form added in Album #2. 39 PAGES OF PURE TORTURE
Album 2. - PDF's and DOC's: My Great PDF Forms can be found here!

Email me at [email protected]
Please put EATER REQUEST in the Subject to dodge the STUPID Junk Filter.

Deuzer's Make-it-yourself WU Form
Deuzer's Make-it-yourself MG Form
Deuzer's Make-it-yourself Bank Transfer Form
pony
Jane
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Dark Knight is now the #1 movie in IMDB and I'm surprised because I expected it to hit the box office really hard but not to become the #1 movie. Shocked

419Eater is my life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:38 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^ It's more than #1. It pulled in over $155 million, making it the film with the highest opening weekend at the box office...ever. Beat out Spider Man 3's record by a good 4 million.

Now maybe it can because the highest grossing box office film ever, not just for opening weekend, but for it's entire run. I am sick of the Titanic mucking up that #1 spot. How such a shite movie ever got there is beyond me.

/film nerd

thanks for making a fool of me ok,you are just talking nonsense.man to hell with you if you keep fooling me all the time."
maybe i will come and lick your shoes just because you want to buy diamonds from me.
TheGreatOok
Catbingo

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:26 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

It is friggin' awesome. Go see it. Heath is the best Joker so far, I really feel bad for whoever they get to replace him, as it will be very hard to live up to that performance.

"I knew rigth from the first time you sent email to me that,you are a bloody *DELETED*" - Sgt Daniel Vess
"You have pushed me to the wall and i will make you smell yourself i bet." - George Martins
"THE FOOL STOLE YOUR US$755, HE DOES NOT DESERVE TO LEAVE ON THE PLANET" - Jim Ovia

pony Mortar x4
View user's profileSend private messageSend e-mailVisit poster's websiteSkype Name
h.buttox
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:16 am Reply with quoteBack to top

TheGreatOok wrote:
It is friggin' awesome.

that's a understatement, just when I lost all faith in Hollywood doing comic book movies.. the dark knight comes and blows me away.

The dark Knight is dark and violent, and exactly how a comic book should be portrayed. Also the Dialogue is amazing... The smartest dialogue in comic book history!

Definitely don't bring you kids. it's definitely not one of those spiderBS hellboy hollywood comic PG crap.

So now that you know I liked it.. the only thing I hated was how batman sounded.. it's like he got throat cancer!
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

Location: Travelling in a fried-out combie. On a hippie trail, head full of zombie...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:46 am Reply with quoteBack to top

Well that certainly was a turn around. Laughing

Yeah, his batman voice was a bit annoying. I guess he had to disguise it somehow.

In some parts of the movie, for a second I thought I was in a James Bond film. I thought there was a Q moment somewhere. Anyway it was more complex than I expected but the performances (except rachel) was amazing.

Edit: I forgot to add, the jokers "magic" trick was absolutely hilarious. Best character entrance ever.

110+United KingdomNigeriaSpainNetherlandsGhanaChinaIvory CoastUnited StatesSwitzerlandAustraliaFranceDenmarkSierra LeoneEuropean UnionSenegalUnited NationsRussiaBurkina FasoBeninCzech RepublicQuestion

SafariSafariSafari Shola - 4.3k miles Lagos - Abidjan | Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos - Sokoto "i have not eaten anything except water"
SafariSafari Mr Floyd - Lagos - N'Djamena, Chad | Lagos -N'Djamena --> Abeche, with RS (7 days in hell Rolling Eyes ) "we are dieing here"

Art Trophies: <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=129502">Eva Bust</a> - <a href="http://forum.419eater.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=135167">Reaper's Art Gallery</a>

Easter Egg
Eight
Retired Moderator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:06 am Reply with quoteBack to top

It's not out everywhere yet, so please follow the lead so far, and don't post spoilers. Smile Opening dates worldwide: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0468569/releaseinfo

I caught a review by Mark Kermode, who said it was brilliant but did not quite grab his heart the way he'd hoped it would. It's 2.5 hours as well, he said, and you are conscious that it's that long, which I don't think is a good thing.

United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Benin Benin United Kingdom United Kingdom United Kingdom Spain Nigeria France Benin

Avatar from sweethell ** www.ScamWarners.com - Victim warnings, support, advice & information ** Click here to donate to 419Eater.com
MissDirection
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:13 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I didn't love it, I didn't hate it. I will say this: Yay Joker's magic tricks! Yay how he got his scars! Yay Harvey Dent! Boo....everything else. I spent a lot of the movie cringing.

Catbingo

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:43 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I watched it twice, Eight, and never noticed the time.

pony Mortar x4
JMRazor
Baiting Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 3:49 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Saw it last knight (har har) -- very good but not amazing. Agreed as to the "magic trick" -- best surprise of the movie. Whereas the last movie was all Bruce Wayne introspection; this one is all Bruce Wayne and Joker exposition -- you really never see them alone -- they're always proselytizing about their theories on life and death. Okay, I get it -- they're two sides of the same coin (to murder the Harvey Dent symbolism).

That said, Ledger is great, Oldman is great, Bale is great, and Eckhart is great.

Great make-up too -- esp TwoFace...

____________________________ pony Pretty Prancing Pink Pony Master pony _____________________________

Tattoo Tattoo Tattoo
Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Pith Helmet Easter Egg 2013
Closed lad accounts x 43
Mortar x 16
Sand Timer x 3
h.buttox
Master Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:28 am Reply with quoteBack to top

^^^spoiler^^^^^^^
Reaper
Hello I'm New here!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:53 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I only figured out Lotta's avatar just then. Going to be in the third film, Eight?

Easter Egg
MissDirection
Wannabe Baiter

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:05 am Reply with quoteBack to top

I would also like to say that I got tired of the White Knight/Dark Knight symbolism. I felt like they were trying to beat the point into my head with a sledgehammer.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic